Sage of Six Paths (W/ Ten Tails) vs Current Superman

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Skelebones

@themagicstik@funsiized im replying to you both so im getting rather confused/stressed i apologize for... whatever the hell is wrong with me atm. or something o_O
im gonna try and take a step back and restate my points in a more clear and precise manner. here i go

Feat wise S6P is nearly non-existent all we have to go by is the dialogue and from that we can determine a few things:

1. He was omnipotent in narutoverse. Based on dialogue between various characters from obito to madera to hashirama to orrochimaru he was stated multiple times to "do anything he wanted"
  2. he was able to "create from nothingness" which was a specific jutsu in and of itself. Merely thinking gave something form and life. izanagi was based on this technique
  3. he had full mastery over the six treasured weapons and over the Rinnengan and all techniques thereof

Through use of the rinnengan, supermans heat vision would be absorbed and negated. kinda redundant but still i thought i should mention

The six treasured weapons. Kinda broken ability wise but eh then again so is superman himself. He speaks his most common word and gets absorbed, or he doesn't speak at all and still gets absorbed. basically he has to keep babbling random crap without saying his most common word or he is immediately BFR'ed.

The creation from nothingness is the most broke ability here. It is what makes S6P nigh omnipotent in cross-verse applications such as this. mere thought is all that is required and yes Superman is glitched out of existance. This is my main point and the main reason superman looses regardless of speedblitzing.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Isn't he the first ninja? And the source of all the techniques of all the ninja's? I'm just assuming that it's implied that he has those abilities gen, tai and ninjutsu.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_titan_lord: maybe he has, maybe he hasn't but we cannot assume that either way. his lack of showings is severely hindering what he can really do and we don't go off by mere potential here.

TTrickshoTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just use Obito as a template, he is possibly the most similar to sage. And like I said he can't be damaged except by sage powers or attacks imbued with sage powers.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

@kyrees: It's an on going series. So far as they have indicated or implied that it seems he has the capability to do all the ninja techniques, but I could be wrong. As of now I'm weighing potential until proven otherwise at the end of the series.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@skelebones said:

@themagicstik

@funsiized

im replying to you both so im getting rather confused/stressed i apologize for... whatever the hell is wrong with me atm. or something o_O

im gonna try and take a step back and restate my points in a more clear and precise manner. here i go

Feat wise S6P is nearly non-existent all we have to go by is the dialogue and from that we can determine a few things:

1. He was omnipotent in narutoverse. Based on dialogue between various characters from obito to madera to hashirama to orrochimaru he was stated multiple times to "do anything he wanted"
  2. he was able to "create from nothingness" which was a specific jutsu in and of itself. Merely thinking gave something form and life. izanagi was based on this technique
  3. he had full mastery over the six treasured weapons and over the Rinnengan and all techniques thereof

Through use of the rinnengan, supermans heat vision would be absorbed and negated. kinda redundant but still i thought i should mention

The six treasured weapons. Kinda broken ability wise but eh then again so is superman himself. He speaks his most common word and gets absorbed, or he doesn't speak at all and still gets absorbed. basically he has to keep babbling random crap without saying his most common word or he is immediately BFR'ed.

The creation from nothingness is the most broke ability here. It is what makes S6P nigh omnipotent in cross-verse applications such as this. mere thought is all that is required and yes Superman is glitched out of existance. This is my main point and the main reason superman looses regardless of speedblitzing.

Before that, I think by 'omnipotent', he means 'able to do everything', on a planetary scale. Because he creation/destruction techniques. What's necessary to remember, is the techniques in the verse are limited by amount of chakra. Considering his only feats are from when he was about to die, it's still ridiculous nonetheless, at his best he should be planetary level (NOT a planet buster. A planetary threat, one who can affect the planet massively. As in, by letting the moon drop on earth or something, or summoning a similar sized meteor). He may not be omnipotent, but I'd say he should have more than enough power to beat superman. His versatility is a lot more than superman has faced.

Here's what he will be facing.

Low tier reality warp, atomic disintegration, Cellular attacks, nano-bombs, intangibilty, dimensional bfr, soulrip, massive-nuke spam, time-loops, an unbreakable shield, all sealing sword, gravitation control, high level telepathy, clones, summons adapting to the situation, regen factor, and a whole lot more..

I personally haven't seen anything from new 52 superman to say he can deal with all those things.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need to have a new Rule:

FEATLESS CHARACTERS ALWAYS LOSE

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: planetary scale in narutoverse is essentially all of narutoverse. which is why it only translates to nigh omni in cross verse

I was going to include that list of his powers but i wasnt sure on two accounts:

1. those were mostly Juubito feats and while juubito=juubiromo technically speaking because theyre the same entity i.e. the juubi host. most of those feats you listed are still juubito
  2. with what we know only from the sage hagoromo as the juubi host, i.e. the reality warping and dimensional BFRs it was just enough to win him this fight against current superman so i didnt feel a need

@dratini1331 hes not featless, only nearly so. which is why this thread is so hard to argue pro-S6P

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@skelebones said:

@princearagorn1: planetary scale in narutoverse is essentially all of narutoverse. which is why it only translates to nigh omni in cross verse

I was going to include that list of his powers but i wasnt sure on two accounts:

1. those were mostly Juubito feats and while juubito=juubiromo technically speaking because theyre the same entity i.e. the juubi host. most of those feats you listed are still juubito
  2. with what we know only from the sage hagoromo as the juubi host, i.e. the reality warping and dimensional BFRs it was just enough to win him this fight against current superman so i didnt feel a need

@dratini1331 hes not featless, only nearly so. which is why this thread is so hard to argue pro-S6P

1.Not at all. Naruto has a sun, and stars, and meteorites, apparently. And why would he be upscaled? He's planetary, he stays planetary. Only things that can translate to omnipotent are those who are directly implied so, like truth from fma.

The sage, strong as he was, was a man born, and died. Nothing is going to change that.

2. Juubito hasn't shown anything even close to the sage. He solo'd the juubi, and when about to die, split it+created freaking moon. God knows how many tbbs juubito will need to destroy something like that. Plus he was the origin of ninjutsu, while juubito cannot use half the rinnegan jutsus to begin with. The level of their powers are vastly different, he's literally a tier ahead of juubito.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

1. I said essentially. meaning there is no scope outside what you just listed. The scale between narutoverse and DC verse is so ridiculous i don't know where to begin.
so when a universe only consists of 1 planet 1 moon 1 sun and you have a planetary scale such as the juubi or the juubi host you are essentially omnipotent. they are the gods of their own worlds. not unlike the various gods of the various planets from startrek IMO.(I think im gonna start a shitstorm with that one >_<)

2.Which is what i meant when i said i didnt use the set of powers you listed because it wasnt needed.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@skelebones:

We haven't really seen what is there in the narutoverse. Even if that is all, nothing changes. The sage is, and will be, a planetary level opponent, and imo enough in his arsenal to beat superman.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skelebones: No, he's featless. His only times showing up are either author statements, or off panel. He has nothing backing him up except for off shoot statements.

Also, planetary is planetary, regardless of cross-verse. If he can only manipulate on a planetary scale, that's it. He's not nigh-omnipotent. Even if you were to max him out on arbitrary statements, that wouldn't even come close to nigh-omnipotent.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Skelebones

@dratini1331:

which in thise case are dialogues of his feats. If the author says he can do something he can do it. whats so hard to accept about that? kishimoto is a troll sure but i see no reason to straight up ignore him.

so then by that logic this is spite. nerfing that which is a nighomni in their own universe, down to a mere planetary level reality warper because their universe is "too small" is a rather rediculous notion.

you know what? f*** it... nerf S6P if you want a planetary level reality warper still edges out current superman in this particular thread.

Can a mod close now? the narutardism from all sides is starting to annoy me.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dratini1331

@skelebones: Then Superman should win, as his authors have repeatedly stated that he is "as strong as he needs to be.", AKA nigh-omnipotence. Author statements mean near nothing unless there is something backs it up.

No. You don't get to buff someone arbitrarily. I can think of at least 5 series that have characters at street level max, that doesn't mean a character gets to somehow become superman +++ just because he's the strongest in his own comic at street level. The same reasoning is applied here. We judge them based off what they're capable of doing. If the author wants, they can make a character as strong as he desires, so it's not as though the character is actually suffering that much from being in Naruto. Dragonball started sub-city levels, and gradually became insane, same with bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail and One Piece.

The point is, he's not nigh-omnipotent. We know of characters that in fact out class him in every way, and he doesn't stack up to plenty of people. You don't get to buff him arbitrarily just because he's only planetary level.

We don't need to lock it, what we should do is just wait out the series and bump it if the Sage ever gets feats.

Skelebones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Skelebones

@dratini1331

-_- omfg really? superman is nigh omnipotent?

what im going on are NOT author statments but in-story dialogue.

can we get a mod to close already the fanboyism and the narutardism is rather suffocating and im all but done with it anyway

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers