#1 Posted by DeathGorath444 (873 posts) - - Show Bio

VS.

Fight: In The Danger Room.

Conditions: Sagat uses feats from SF 1, 2, 4 & Alpha. Ryo uses feats from AOF, Fatal Fury & KOF series.

Rounds:

1. (AOF 1)Ryo vs. (SF1)Sagat
  2. (KOF 94 - 98)Ryo vs. (Alpha Series)Sagat
  3. (AOF3)Ryo vs (SF2)Sagat
  4. (KOF13)Ryo vs (USF4)Sagat
  5. Ryo vs. Sagat - All Feats included

So in pure skill, accomplishments & battle records who would win this fight?

#2 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathgorath444:

Now this would be a fight! Man, I'm not sure yet how to call this one. On the one hand, Sagat has the reach advantage, but Ryo has 5 different ways to completely shut down every physical and chi based attack he could throw (namely the Classic SNK sidestep/dodge, his Joudan and Gedan Uke will block both High and Low Tiger Shots as well as high and low attacks, Mouko Burai Gan, and the devastating Tenchi Haoh Ken). This is in addition to serious energy projection on the Kyokugen heir.

Wow what a fight! I'm going to have to come back to this one...

#3 Posted by Neo_Prime666 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Sagat(SF1) vs. Ryo(AoF1)=Ryo, cause he stop fireballs with his punches, has an Unblockable Super Fireball and can Wall Spring off walls, he can stop all Sagat's fireballs. Plus Sagat got beat by Ryu who only beat him because he(Ryu) was losing and went Dark Hadou, and at this time he lost another battle against own pupil Adon, because of this Sagat lost his Grand Master status. Also Sagat's inventory of special moves is low only had 3 moves, Ryo had 4 plus a Super Move & Desperation Move both which are Unblockable similar to Ryu/Ken's Dragon Punch of SF1, only weakness Ryo has is the spirit meter limited to doing some many moves before recharging.

Sagat(SFA) vs. Ryo(KoF 94-8)=Ryo, can dodge fireballs, has leaping karate chop that will go over Sagat's fireballs, has invincibility in tiger dance attack, and can dizzy him a quick punch attack. Ryo has again too many Special Moves and Desperation Moves, Sagat would have an T.Uppercut by now and two variations of the T.Knee, he(Sagat) would have Super Combo's compared to Ryo each lethal in their own right but most leave Sagat open if he misses with any of them, Ryo only has one Desperation Move like that. Sagat does have a reach advantage but Ryo can not only use poke attacks against Sagat but can has Auto-Guarded attacks that can chain into his Rising Tiger Fist, and Ryo can do his Tiger Dance Attack in the air(at least in KoF95).

Sagat(SF2) vs. Ryo(AoF3)=Ryo, again wins can parry, and has Fireball Pursuit attacks/OTG's, if Sagats on the 1st round of any match with 10% or less Ryo's Desperation can eliminate him for going into a second round because of the Ultimate K.O. option, also Ryo has normal moves which don't need any spirit meter, Ryo has again the advantage of a Super Move & a Desperation Move. Sagat has most of moves from Alpha carry over except the three unique Super combo's he had leaving him only with the T.Genocide, similar problems as before except it's limiting for both but Ryo would still come out on top.

Sagat(USF4) vs. Ryo(KoF13)=Ryo(Haven't play SF4), Ryo beats him again(but their near equal, both games have similar mechanics, but Ryo is able to still dodge most fireballs by evading while Sagat just has to take them or jump over them but this does help build up his revenge meter for an ultra combo).

Sagat(All-Feats) vs. Ryo(All-Feats)=Ryo, just destroys Sagat, Ryo has too many options, lets not get started with AoF2 being able to throw fireballs in the air just the tip of the iceberg, he(Ryo) break his guard anytime he want's with some of his moves, I'll just stop for now, in all fights Sagat would put up a fight but Ryo(if an experienced player uses him) would beat at most.

#4 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

@neo_prime666:

Sagat(SF1) vs. Ryo(AoF1)=Ryo, cause he stop fireballs with his punches, has an Unblockable Super Fireball and can Wall Spring off walls, he can stop all Sagat's fireballs. Plus Sagat got beat by Ryu who only beat him because he(Ryu) was losing and went Dark Hadou, and at this time he lost another battle against own pupil Adon, because of this Sagat lost his Grand Master status. Also Sagat's inventory of special moves is low only had 3 moves, Ryo had 4 plus a Super Move & Desperation Move both which are Unblockable similar to Ryu/Ken's Dragon Punch of SF1, only weakness Ryo has is the spirit meter limited to doing some many moves before recharging.

Sagat(SFA) vs. Ryo(KoF 94-8)=Ryo, can dodge fireballs, has leaping karate chop that will go over Sagat's fireballs, has invincibility in tiger dance attack, and can dizzy him a quick punch attack. Ryo has again too many Special Moves and Desperation Moves, Sagat would have an T.Uppercut by now and two variations of the T.Knee, he(Sagat) would have Super Combo's compared to Ryo each lethal in their own right but most leave Sagat open if he misses with any of them, Ryo only has one Desperation Move like that. Sagat does have a reach advantage but Ryo can not only use poke attacks against Sagat but can has Auto-Guarded attacks that can chain into his Rising Tiger Fist, and Ryo can do his Tiger Dance Attack in the air(at least in KoF95).

Sagat(SF2) vs. Ryo(AoF3)=Ryo, again wins can parry, and has Fireball Pursuit attacks/OTG's, if Sagats on the 1st round of any match with 10% or less Ryo's Desperation can eliminate him for going into a second round because of the Ultimate K.O. option, also Ryo has normal moves which don't need any spirit meter, Ryo has again the advantage of a Super Move & a Desperation Move. Sagat has most of moves from Alpha carry over except the three unique Super combo's he had leaving him only with the T.Genocide, similar problems as before except it's limiting for both but Ryo would still come out on top.

Sagat(USF4) vs. Ryo(KoF13)=Ryo(Haven't play SF4), Ryo beats him again(but their near equal, both games have similar mechanics, but Ryo is able to still dodge most fireballs by evading while Sagat just has to take them or jump over them but this does help build up his revenge meter for an ultra combo).

Sagat(All-Feats) vs. Ryo(All-Feats)=Ryo, just destroys Sagat, Ryo has too many options, lets not get started with AoF2 being able to throw fireballs in the air just the tip of the iceberg, he(Ryo) break his guard anytime he want's with some of his moves, I'll just stop for now, in all fights Sagat would put up a fight but Ryo(if an experienced player uses him) would beat at most.

This is a brilliant analysis, mon ami. One of the best I've seen in a long while. I can tell you've spent your fair share of Arcade tokens in your time!:)

"Welcome to the 'Vine", by the way! I hope your time here is most enjoyable, because you sir have earned a "Follow" this day!

#5 Edited by DeathGorath444 (873 posts) - - Show Bio

@neo_prime666: Hmm superb analysis here, I was going really for story feats but I guess game mechanics could work to.

1.) SF1 vs AOF1 - If we are talking game mechanics then Sagat could win, Yes Ryo has a tremendous advantage when it comes to versatility in what he could do but if you remember fighting Sagat in SF1 for one he was very fast, also his Tiger Shots if by some chance Ryo gets hit by one will due insane damage to him & Sagat spammed these most the time. I say Ryo has a better chance due to Haoh Sho Ko Ken & Kyokugenryuogi but once he need to power up his vitality if those moves are block then Sagat could just spam Tiger Shots & Tiger Knees which would end the fight in under 45 sec max due to the damage taken during Sagat at this time. So it can go either way - if Ryo's Supers are blocked & has to recharged he's screwed otherwise Ryo will win so yeah.

2.) SFA vs. KOF95-98 - Again Game Mechanics Yes You are correct on Ryo's move advantages over Sagat but while stating all of KOF's mech you didn't state Alpha's, Such as the Custom Combo Tech which would make Sagat almost immediately faster than Ryo & if Sagat activates this next to Ryo then Ryo is automatically left open regardless if he was blocking or not, Sagat also has Alpha Counter in which if Ryo tries to chain anything Sagat can Alpha counter into a heavy Tiger Uppercut. Also Sagat can Ukemi from the ground away from Ryo to avoid any further damage from let's say being cornered.Since both Kof & Sfa have different techs( Kof - Extra or Advance, Sfa - X-ISM, A-ISM, V-ISM) If we use the original mechs (KOF 94 - Onwards was similar to AOF's charge up with Run & doge add vs SFA 1 & 2 - 3.lv with Custom Combos, Alpha Counters & Ukemi) it isn't as easy as some may think. I will say for now that this can go either way if both fight with their respective mechs correctly.

3.) SF2 vs AOF3 - Now this I think I'll give this to Sagat because if take account all of SF2 series his combos would stun you in almost 3 hits where Ryo's would not & also because Sagat's takes out more damage. Ryo however has more advantages such as more Supers, A ground attack while your down attack similar to Tekken. a parry system as while as GTO's Ryo would still have to work more for a comeback than Sagat would if he is hit with any of his combos first, Here in this video below shows all SF2 versions of Sagat's combo's & take a look at the last one as well . . .

Sagat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkwy8Sg29VY

Now I couldn't find a similar vid for Ryo on AOF3 combos but if you can find one that would be coo but until then here's what I've got, This guy seems very well versed in the things Ryo can do, but notice how none of Ryo's combos do a stun quickly, one hit knockdowns sure but not automatic stuns like Sagat.

Ryo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2a05Y8aAgM

This one could Favor Ryo more if he stay's at a distance & doesn't waste his super bar quickly but if it gets in to a close quarters fight Sagat beats him.

4.) USF4 vs. KOF13 - Havent played KOF13 like that & when I play the SF4 series I don't use Sagat that much so I though maybe an outsider who is well versed in both games & chars would tell me something. Although if it would help in SF4 Sagat was so over powered that he had to have a massive nerf when it came to SSF4.

5.) All Feats - I concer as far as game mechs, Ryo along with all the game mechs from all the games he's been in between AOF/FF/KOF is just to well versed for Sagat. If we take story feats in as well I believe Sagat had defeated Ryu once in Alpha 2 but Ryu wasn't at his best mentally,Alpha 3 Defeated Dan although to him it was a sour victory, Defeated a Psycho power possessed Ryu. Was winning his matches in SF2 until Ryu got knocked out the competition & decided to forfeit the tourney. In SF4 he beats Adon & Fights Ryu to an unknown decision. For Ryo in AOF 1 He defeats Todo, Mr. Big & Mr.Karate, In AOF2 He defeats Geese Howard in his young prime until Geese escapes,In AOF3 he was more of a support character to which Robert was the main guy who defeated Wyler but Ryo does defeat Kasumi. IN KOF he doesn't really go to far into the story to have any concrete feats & in his FF Special appearance it's just that. So both have some great stats to them but I'm gonna say defeating guys like Mr.Karate & Geese in his prime >>> Defeating Dan, Adon & although twice a once confused selfRyu & Psycho Possessed Ryu so in this category Ryo takes it!

Sagat = 1 (SF2 vs AOF3)

Tie = 2 (SFA & SF1 vs KOF95-98 & AOF1)

Ryo = 1 (All Feats)

So in the end for me it's a tie!

#6 Posted by DeathGorath444 (873 posts) - - Show Bio

Help please, Dang no one else has an opinion, just right on to the 2nd page?

#7 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathgorath444:

Great match up DG. I just mad I didn't think of it first (*hehehe*)!

#8 Edited by DeathGorath444 (873 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathgorath444:

I think that Sagat would put up an amazing fight, but would eventually lose for at least 2 reasons:

1. With King as his girlfriend and his acquaintanceship with Joe Higashi, he has two well established and powerful Muay Thai masters within his inner circle with whom he spars on a fairly regular basis. So he's quite familiar with the style, and would respect it enough not to make careless mistakes. Sagat has never faced anything quite like Kyokugen-Ryu, and would probably be caught unaware by a variety of their dangerous techniques (some of which would completely deflect/nullify some of his most powerful attacks).
  2. Sagat is a supremely skilled and powerful fighter, but he can sometimes be a little arrogant. Underestimating Ryo Sakazaki would result in him probably getting taken away on a stretcher via Zanretsu-ken or something he never saw coming that countered a move he was sure was going to land (I can't tell you how many times I've punished a standing roundhouse kick from Sagat with that very move in Capcom VS SNK 2;)

It would be a good fight. If these guys were real, I'd pay to see it. But I think that Ryo gets the belt in this bout after a long, loud fight!