• 65 results
#1 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio
Sabretooth is bloodlusted
Predator has had 2 days prep 
Takes place in Canadian Forest

Battle 1: Sabretooth bone skeleton/claws                   Predator with wrist blade, plasmacaster, combistick, one medicomp and full helmet modes and invisibilty(affected by water)
Battle 2: Sabretooth adamantium skeleton/claws     Predator with wrist blade, dual plasmacasters, combistick, spear gun, net gun, 4 medicomps and full helmet modes and invisibilty(infinite)

#2 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe the phrase is 'bump'

#3 Posted by D3athstroke (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

I Go with Sabretooth in both

#4 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

hm good choice

#5 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

SABRETOOTH he can just heal

#6 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, invisibility is useless in this battle. 

#7 Posted by gambit987 (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

@eric 
true

#8 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth in both. 

#9 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
"Well, invisibility is useless in this battle.  "
#10 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chaos Burn said:
"i believe the phrase is 'bump'"

Did you seriously bump your thread 6 minutes after making it?
#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (43912 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold on...What level Predator is this? Does Creed know what he's up against?
Staff Online
#12 Posted by Erik (32787 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" Hold on...What level Predator is this? Does Creed know what he's up against? "
It does not seem as though he gets preparation so I would say he only knows he has to fight someone but does not know who the person is. Though, he will be able to smell him right away and Sabretooth's senses are such that he can pinpoint an individual within the vicinity through smell as well as his other senses. 
#13 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

the pred should win here regardless of the invisibility in this match up, the pred have long range weaponry, better tech, as well as better thought out strategy, Creed can be hurt and KO'd by the pred's weaponry, Creed having the better senses and hf can only get you so far since the pred's long range weaponry should be the key factor here, altho if Creed is able to close the gap i would suspect he would have a much better chance of winning
#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (43912 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" Hold on...What level Predator is this? Does Creed know what he's up against? "
It does not seem as though he gets preparation so I would say he only knows he has to fight someone but does not know who the person is. Though, he will be able to smell him right away and Sabretooth's senses are such that he can pinpoint an individual within the vicinity through smell as well as his other senses.  "

Agreed Creed's senses can location him, but since they're in a forrest and the Pred is likely cloaked, that may give the Pre the initial advantage, only because Creed may believe the character is hiding and not in fact invisible.  If the pred can capitalize on this with a plasma attack, he can likely dish enough damage to follow up with the win (since the prep allows him to know of the healing factor).  If not, Creed should win in a close encounter.
Staff Online
#15 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth takes this.  As advanced as the Yautja are, they rely a whole hell of a lot on their technology, whereas Creed had his augmented senses from birth.  Creed could smell the Yautja coming a mile away, whereas the Yautja would need his helmet tracking system to hear the movements of Creed and see his heat imprint.  Wouldn't be easy, but depending on how old and experienced the Yautja is would also come into play.  When you get down to it, Creed would have the awareness to avoid the projectile weapons of the Predator, and intentionally leave a trail for the Yautja to hunt.  Problem with the Yautja, is once they pick up on the hunt, it's their obsession, Creed has the experience and ferocity to lay in wait in a convenient spot while the Yautja chases the trail, then leap down and graphically rip the helmet off the Yautja.  Resulting in H2H, i'm sure the Yautja would be able to smash Creed around a bit, but Creed ends up slicing him from it's crotch (?!) to it's throat.
#16 Posted by ComicStooge (12807 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator wins here...
#17 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth takes both battles

Infinite invisibity, the device can be damaged, can it not?

#18 Posted by Jake Fury (18617 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1-The Predator 

Round 2-Creed
#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" Round 1-The Predator  Round 2-Creed "
@Jake Fury said:
" Round 1-The Predator  Round 2-Creed "
Agreed..
#20 Posted by progenitor (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth for both here. We're talking about a character that's taken on and killed a Wendigo on his own, creatures that pounded Wolverine and even traded blows with Hulk. Sabretooth is also a master of the hunt, as well as cerebral mind games. For an example, just look at what Creed did to Gambit in Paris, that should be enough proof of Sabretooth's skill in the game. Sabretooth has shown amazing durability, having gotten past an energy barrier designed to stop a rampaging elephant, and it's been said by Wolverine himself that Sabretooth has the superior healing factor. Sabretooth's skill is highly underrated, not just as a hunter or his intellect, but his battle prowess as well.

#21 Edited by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Veteran Predator versus Sabretooth = close call. Long and mid-ranged combat goes to the Predator. Close range combat... the Predator is in for a BIG surprise! Predator assumes that Creed is just a well built/conditioned human and closes in for the spine-rip/kill, then SLASH!, the Pred gets mauled by steel tearing claws with 5+ ton strength behind them! ;)

#22 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
BUMP 
What skill level is the predator?  
Is he a veteran who carves through a dozen xenomorphs without breaking a sweat (AvP Requiem, AvP Prey)? 
Is he a teenage novice who hasn't been tested in battle (AvP1)? 
Is he just your average warrior?

- A veteran beats Sabretooth in both scenarios. 
Predators know how to deal with prey capable of detecting them. Cloaking is useless against xenomorphs, but Veteran predators beat xenomorphs with almost casual ease. 
What does Sabretooth bring to the table that a pack of xenomorphs don't? You can't even argue that Sabretooth is smarter. He is bloodlusted for this thread and will behave accordingly. In the Canadian forest, his heat signature will be very easy to spot.

- Average warrior...tough call. Creed might have the edge in situation 2.  

- A beginner on his first hunt will lose badly in both scenarios.
#23 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Adamantium Creed?! "Pred's DEAD baby, Pred's DEAD!" ;)

#24 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathsHead2: I don't see how adamantium would make a huge difference. 
We don't know how it would interact with predator metal. The predator's weapons (especially the plasma caster) will still destroy flesh, organs, soft tissue. 

If anything, Creed's healing factor is his biggest advantage.
#25 Posted by hyiena (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

The adamantium pretty much just helps him stay in one piece.

#26 Posted by Spartan101 (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

a yakuza stalemates one so sabre t should win this for sure.

#27 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

"Predator Metal" >/= Titanium Alloy, if memory serves. Adamantium is like 10x stronger than Titanium Alloy, in the least. Sabretooth with Adamantium cuts through ALL the Pred's weaponry (combi-stick, net, ect.) The Plasma Caster(s) are his biggest threat here, but Sabes has been "blasted" with higher-powered weaponry and still remained, so... ?

#28 Posted by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

If its an Elder Predator, Creed gets slaughtered in both scenarios. An Elder has been alive and hunting game for hundreds of years or more (The Elder was at least 300 years old in Predator 2, and still looked like he was an active hunter). That vast experience gives him the win in both scenarios

Elite Predator wins the first scenario, but the second fight could go either way, depending on who gets the drop on who... But remember an Elite Predator earns his title by killing a Xenomorph Queen, no easy feat.

a Freshly Blooded Predator is claw fodder for Creed, hell if Dutch can beat one, why cant Creed?

#29 Posted by hyiena (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you know the age of the predator in the second movie?

#30 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

In the EU, there are 1000 year old elder predators (imagine surviving 1000 years of hunting the most dangerous prey in the galaxy). The 1000 year figure is derived from the fact that the predator hunted in 11th century Japan. 

@DeathsHead2 said:

Sabretooth with Adamantium cuts through ALL the Pred's weaponry

You're assuming a lot. How do you know that? What evidence is your claim based on?

"The Plasma Caster(s) are his biggest threat here, but Sabes has been "blasted" with higher-powered weaponry and still remained"
Please post some scans?

@Spartan101: 

You're cherry-picking a very low showing (one of the lowest showings in Predator media)   
I'm sure Creed has plenty of low showings too

I don't see how being stalemated by one Yakuza with a sword is consistent with destroying a dozen xenomorphs at once (or an alien queen). 
Veteran predators in the EU are close combat masters and highly tactical hunters.   

On the ages of the movie predators (unfortunately doesn't mention the age of the main predator in Predator 2):

#31 Posted by hyiena (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated how the xenomorphs killed them so easily in AVP guess that explains why.

#32 Posted by Spartan101 (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

@m0ntyb0y: i see your point,but its canon i guess so theres a substance to it. but also like you say its a v weak showing. still see creed talking it down in a hard bloody fight.

#33 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

First, i hate that in every movie since predator 1, every damn time they take off the mask they go with full splay-mouth, and never close the thing again, so it looks like a spider hanging off their face.And the maw just gets wider and wider with each movie. It looks terrible, and detracts from the creature. OK, battle. If the predator is hunting Vic and gets the drop on him without the admantium, he could possibly kill creed, but it would be a squeeker. With admantium, creed takes the win every time. Predator does not want to match muscle with creed.

#34 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@hyiena: Well, the main predator in AvP blasted several xenomorphs with his shoulder cannon. With his shuriken, he also sliced off the face of a xenomorph trying to sneak up on him. He did OK in my opinion. I think Celtic should've won his fight but for whatever reason, random items of the predators' gear were vulnerable to acid (the shuriken, spear, and dagger were all acid-proof...but wristblades and armour were not?!) 

Also, the pesky humans stole the predators' shoulder cannons.

Wolf in AvP Requiem more than made up for the first movie's teenage novices. 

EDIT: The director of the first AvP film explicitly says that the pyramid hunt is a ritual by which "teenage predators" attempt to "become men"  
(start watching from 4:28)

#35 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
BUMP
#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth.

#37 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Predator :P

#38 Posted by jashro44 (21645 posts) - - Show Bio

Any one got any scans of predator feats?

#39 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44
Yes, I'm familiar with the novels, comics, games etc. 
I'll post feats and strong showings after I finish studying. I've been slacking off and I really need to catch up right now :P
An elite predator definitely has what it takes to put Creed down.
#40 Posted by jashro44 (21645 posts) - - Show Bio
@m0ntyb0y: All right thanks.
#41 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@steelhound56 said:

If its an Elder Predator, Creed gets slaughtered in both scenarios. An Elder has been alive and hunting game for hundreds of years or more (The Elder was at least 300 years old in Predator 2, and still looked like he was an active hunter). That vast experience gives him the win in both scenarios

Elite Predator wins the first scenario, but the second fight could go either way, depending on who gets the drop on who... But remember an Elite Predator earns his title by killing a Xenomorph Queen, no easy feat.

a Freshly Blooded Predator is claw fodder for Creed, hell if Dutch can beat one, why cant Creed?

I would have to go with this based on what I've read on forums about the predator and comic feats shown. Although the elite predator would have problems and could lose the first fight and def. loses the second, although I think an elite could pull off the win in the first.

If elder predator I don't think sabes has a chance.

Also, I think to many people here think of this as technology vs. fighting skill. The predators do have tech, but they are also very capable fighters in H2H. The movie version from what I've read, are just the lowest ranks of predators or as in AVP were in initiation stage so of course they will look poor.

#42 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

The director of the first film confirmed that the AvP predators were teenagers on a manhood ritual 
I posted a Youtube video and a page from the AvP Requiem Inside the Monster Shop as concrete evidence 
I will post a collection of EU feats soon

#43 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth both rounds

#44 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish people would at least try to explain themselves

#45 Posted by Nefarious (20317 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabretooth would rip Predator's heart out. (If he has one)

#46 Posted by Blob (576 posts) - - Show Bio

@progenitor said:

Sabretooth for both here. We're talking about a character that's taken on and killed a Wendigo on his own, creatures that pounded Wolverine and even traded blows with Hulk. Sabretooth is also a master of the hunt, as well as cerebral mind games. For an example, just look at what Creed did to Gambit in Paris, that should be enough proof of Sabretooth's skill in the game. Sabretooth has shown amazing durability, having gotten past an energy barrier designed to stop a rampaging elephant, and it's been said by Wolverine himself that Sabretooth has the superior healing factor. Sabretooth's skill is highly underrated, not just as a hunter or his intellect, but his battle prowess as well.

But also a character that was completely owned and turned into a rag doll by the WWBN.

#47 Posted by CaptainRodgers (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth takes both depending on which level of predator.

#48 Posted by Transmetal (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Round-1 goes to the Predator because of the durability decrease Sabretooth has with the know Adamantium. The Predator's Plasma Caster should be able to fry Creed's brain with a head shot or at least cause enough damage to knock Creed unconscious. Predator's are really intelligent and Creed is not that smart, especially if he is blood lusted

Round-2 goes to Creed because of the added durability from the Adamantium, this gives Creed enough of a edge that he could just barrel through Plasma shots till he pinpointed the Predator's location and tears him a new one with his claws. Predators have health packs, but they cannot regenerate limbs.

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabertooth should take this easily. He's fast enough to avoid the predators more powerful technology, he'll able to track down the Predator with little trouble and he'll be able to heal from almost anything that is thrown at him.

#50 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blob said:

But also a character that was completely owned and turned into a rag doll by the WWBN.

All I can find about "WWBN" (Werewolf by Night?) is that he was "beating Sabretooth easily in Marvel Comics Presents" 
link to old thread

I don't know how good this Werewolf guy is though...but as I've said, I'm sure Sabretooth, like all comic book characters, has plenty of weak showings
I still think an elite or elder predator has this, especially if Sabretooth is bloodlusted