Sabretooth vs. Cyber. Who wins?

acaipapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By acaipapaya

Both are fully rested, at full power, at the highest in skill, experience and raw power.  Bloodlust is on. 

DanceGreenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DanceGreenman

I have always been a big fan of cyber, but i think sabretooth would have the win. I can't really think of why, i just picture sabretooth standing over cybers body, cybers face all messed up.

acaipapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By acaipapaya
@DanceGreenman: Is Sabretooth faster or stronger than Cyber?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@acaipapaya said:
" @DanceGreenman: Is Sabretooth faster or stronger than Cyber? "

To my knowledge, Cyber has an undefined level of superhuman strength and has had much more impressive strength feats than Sabretooth.  Cyber has also countered and bested Wolverine with extreme ease.  Sabretooth, is more-or less, on Wolverine's level.  Could Sabretooth win with some solid slashes/stabs to the face?  Of course.  But it's unlikely due to Cyber's superior technique, durability, reach and hallucinogens (on his claws)
Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Phorqe

Cyber IMO. Can't remember last time I saw him in a book though.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wolverine: Origins ;)
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FLCL1
@k4tzm4n said:
"@acaipapaya said:

To my knowledge, Cyber has an undefined level of superhuman strength and has had much more impressive strength feats than Sabretooth.  Cyber has also countered and bested Wolverine with extreme ease.  Sabretooth, is more-or less, on Wolverine's level.  Could Sabretooth win with some solid slashes/stabs to the face?  Of course.  But it's unlikely due to Cyber's superior technique, durability, reach and hallucinogens (on his claws) "
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yodagod

Wolverine has defeated Cyber though, even with bone claws.  It wouldn't be easy, but I think Creed could take this.  He is stronger and faster than Logan, and lacks the fear of Cyber that Logan has.  Sabretooth can be surpisingly crafty.  I could see him tricking Cyber into a sinkhole or figuring a way to gas him.  Of course that would not be a bloodlusted Sabretooth.  Bloodlust gets Sabes killed here.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cracks
@yodagod: Cyber should win here. Can Sabretooth avoid Cyber's claws and attack him at the same time?
loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By loganreme

I can see Cyber taking this one.....no doubt Creed will do one of his devastating lunges and will wound him, to what extent? don't know....he may have a chance If he goes for his head and sicks his claws in his eyes **ouch** which will disorientate Cyber, giving him a better opportunity to avoid his claws and basically inflict as much damage as possible.....A slim chance maybe 4/10 for Creed and 6/10 for Cyber IMHO :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@yodagod said:
"Wolverine has defeated Cyber though, even with bone claws.  It wouldn't be easy, but I think Creed could take this.  He is stronger and faster than Logan, and lacks the fear of Cyber that Logan has.  Sabretooth can be surpisingly crafty.  I could see him tricking Cyber into a sinkhole or figuring a way to gas him.  Of course that would not be a bloodlusted Sabretooth.  Bloodlust gets Sabes killed here. "

You didn't say how Wolverine beat him...A dog/wolf BIT Cyber when he was about to tear Wolverine's skeleton apart, he then fell into a pool of hallucinogenics and ran away because it seeped into the wound.  Cyber has always outclassed Wolverine, and it always requires CIS for him to win.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yodagod
@k4tzm4n:
The biggest reason Wolverine has trouble with Cyber is his own fear.  Sabretooth doesn't have that.  And I believe Wolverine beat him another time as well though I don't remember the specifics.  It was shortly after he lost his adamantium.  Sabes won't do it easily, and won't do it while bloodlusted, but I wouldn't want to count Vic out as dangerous and cunning as he is.
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By castleking
@k4tzm4n said:
" @yodagod said:
"Wolverine has defeated Cyber though, even with bone claws.  It wouldn't be easy, but I think Creed could take this.  He is stronger and faster than Logan, and lacks the fear of Cyber that Logan has.  Sabretooth can be surpisingly crafty.  I could see him tricking Cyber into a sinkhole or figuring a way to gas him.  Of course that would not be a bloodlusted Sabretooth.  Bloodlust gets Sabes killed here. "

You didn't say how Wolverine beat him...A dog/wolf BIT Cyber when he was about to tear Wolverine's skeleton apart, he then fell into a pool of hallucinogenics and ran away because it seeped into the wound.  Cyber has always outclassed Wolverine, and it always requires CIS for him to win. "
remember the wolf didnt actually hurt cyber but shocked him and got him off balance which led to his fall
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cracks
@yodagod: Sabretooth can only hurt Cyber, if Sabretooth attacks Cyber's head because the rest of Cyber's body is adamantium. Do you think that Sabretooth can actually do that?        %Pr
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@yodagod said:
"@k4tzm4n: The biggest reason Wolverine has trouble with Cyber is his own fear.  Sabretooth doesn't have that.  And I believe Wolverine beat him another time as well though I don't remember the specifics.  It was shortly after he lost his adamantium.  Sabes won't do it easily, and won't do it while bloodlusted, but I wouldn't want to count Vic out as dangerous and cunning as he is. "

Wolverine has NEVER bested Cyber in straight forward combat.  Cyber has proven to have superior technique, topped with far superior attributes.  Wolverine even admitted he's no longer afraid of him.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By yodagod
@k4tzm4n:
Wolverine only recently said that though, and that's mostly because of the return of his memories.  But anyone who puts so much fear into you that you forget who you are is always going to scare you no matter what you like to think.  Cyber is above Wolverine, but he's nowhere near Omega Red, or Wendigo, or any of a myriad of other enemies that Wolverine has bested. Sabretooth is on par with Cyber for strength as far as I can tell, and while he may not have the skillset that Cyber or Wolverine have, he is still an extremely dangerous foe because of his cunning(which often surprises foes) and his sheer animal ferocity. His healing factor can handle any of Cyber's hallucinogens, and should allow him to heal from Cyber's best attacks.  I don't think this is easy by any means, but I could see Sabretooth winning this.  Like Wolverine he has a fairly impressive track record against superior opponents, and Cyber is not physically superior to Creed, at least not by much.  His big advantage is his skin and his fighting skill.  But Sabes is no slouch in combat, and is far more agile.  It's close, but I vote Victor Creed.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cracks
@yodagod: Incorrect. Cyber's hallucinogens turn off a character's healing factor completely. That is what makes Cyber so dangerous.   Also, Sabretooth can only hurt Cyber, if Sabretooth attacks Cyber's head because the rest of Cyber's body is adamantium. Do you think that Sabretooth can actually do that?            %Pr
Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rothschild

Cyber is a bada** I dunno but  I see him takin this one, but Creed does some damage

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yodagod
@cracks:
Cyber has poisons as well which render HF's less effect but I don't think they stop them completely.  I've seen Wolverine heal the effects of the hallucinogens so Creed should be able to as well.  Sabretooth has attacked with enough precision to pierce Wolverine's brain with his claws while Wolverine's skull was bonded with adamantium, so I don't see Cyber's face being that hard for him.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cracks
@yodagod: Cyber, with his low level telepathy can predict where Sabretooth would go and what Sabretooth would have in mind.  Cyber can read his mind and find out what Creed's thoughts are.  That way, Cyber can predict Sabretooth's every move and  "intercept" him.  I don't think that Cyber can control Sabretooth's mind though because the latter has telepathic resistance.          %Pr
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yodagod
@cracks:
I've never seen Cyber's telepathy used that way.  Basically all it does is allow him to locate people in his geberal vicinity, not read minds or control them.  The only good that does him here is that Sabes can't sneak up on him.  It doesn't change the fight in my opinion.  Sabertooth is nearly Cyber's equal in strength and skill, he's faster, he's more precise, and he's more sneaky.  With bloodlust on Sabretooth just goes toe to toe and dies.  Without it he would figure out how to defeat Cyber. 
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cracks
@yodagod: Why does bloodlusted Sabretooth die?            %Pr
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@yodagod
said:
"@cracks: I've never seen Cyber's telepathy used that way.  Basically all it does is allow him to locate people in his geberal vicinity, not read minds or control them.  The only good that does him here is that Sabes can't sneak up on him.  It doesn't change the fight in my opinion.  Sabertooth is nearly Cyber's equal in strength and skill, he's faster, he's more precise, and he's more sneaky.  With bloodlust on Sabretooth just goes toe to toe and dies.  Without it he would figure out how to defeat Cyber.  "

It's okay to say "Sabretooth loses" ;)  Wolverine has faced him many a times and even with a clear mind, has never been able to come close to besting him without an environmental factor.  I agree, Sabretooth is underestimated by many, but Cyber is simply out of his league.  I've seen Cyber withstand being in an exploding truck, having a steel shelf fall on him from a few stories high, and walk through Havoks blast, only to be hit by a speeding train.  Sabretooth could likely get a few good slashes on the face in his absolute best match up against Cyber, but he in turn will have his stomach torn open, and throat slit rather quickly.  Oh...you know, Cyber will do this: 

DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DaMainMan

Sabertooth frags the geek!
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@DaMainMan said:
"Sabertooth frags the geek! "

......Well, you've clearly made a great argument.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cracks
@k4tzm4n: Can Cyber control Creed's mind with his low level telepathy? With this ability, Cyber will know where Creed would be going and can easily "intercept" him.   
@yodagod said:
" @k4tzm4n: Wolverine only recently said that though, and that's mostly because of the return of his memories.  But anyone who puts so much fear into you that you forget who you are is always going to scare you no matter what you like to think.  Cyber is above Wolverine, but he's nowhere near Omega Red, or Wendigo, or any of a myriad of other enemies that Wolverine has bested. Sabretooth is on par with Cyber for strength as far as I can tell, and while he may not have the skillset that Cyber or Wolverine have, he is still an extremely dangerous foe because of his cunning(which often surprises foes) and his sheer animal ferocity. His healing factor can handle any of Cyber's hallucinogens, and should allow him to heal from Cyber's best attacks.  I don't think this is easy by any means, but I could see Sabretooth winning this.  Like Wolverine he has a fairly impressive track record against superior opponents, and Cyber is not physically superior to Creed, at least not by much.  His big advantage is his skin and his fighting skill.  But Sabes is no slouch in combat, and is far more agile.  It's close, but I vote Victor Creed. "
You are probably right about the "sneaky" part.       %Pr
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n said:
"

@yodagod
said:
"@cracks: I've never seen Cyber's telepathy used that way.  Basically all it does is allow him to locate people in his geberal vicinity, not read minds or control them.  The only good that does him here is that Sabes can't sneak up on him.  It doesn't change the fight in my opinion.  Sabertooth is nearly Cyber's equal in strength and skill, he's faster, he's more precise, and he's more sneaky.  With bloodlust on Sabretooth just goes toe to toe and dies.  Without it he would figure out how to defeat Cyber.  "

It's okay to say "Sabretooth loses" ;)  Wolverine has faced him many a times and even with a clear mind, has never been able to come close to besting him without an environmental factor.  I agree, Sabretooth is underestimated by many, but Cyber is simply out of his league.  I've seen Cyber withstand being in an exploding truck, having a steel shelf fall on him from a few stories high, and walk through Havoks blast, only to be hit by a speeding train.  Sabretooth could likely get a few good slashes on the face in his absolute best match up against Cyber, but he in turn will have his stomach torn open, and throat slit rather quickly.  Oh...you know, Cyber will do this: 

No Caption Provided
"
I despised the artwork in this series. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I've always found Dillion to be a very...Bland artist...But hell, it's better than I could do. 

cracks, as far as I know, no.  He uses his mental powers to locate other mutants.  He was once able to break through a wall and grab Wolverine because he sensed his brainwave.  However, I do not know the FULL degree of his powers...and its likely he doesn't either.  This is because after his body was destroyed, his mind regrow and searched for a new body...But as of now, I see no sign that he could "control" people with his mind.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By yodagod
@k4tzm4n:
I actually agree that Cyber should take this.  I'm just trying to make the arguement more interesting, though I've even convinced myself that Vic would have a chance.  Not a big one, but still...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@yodagod said:
"@k4tzm4n: I actually agree that Cyber should take this.  I'm just trying to make the arguement more interesting, though I've even convinced myself that Vic would have a chance.  Not a big one, but still... "

Based on Cyber's durability feats, I see the odds being very low that Creed can take him down for the count.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cracks
@k4tzm4n: Sabretooth can only defeat Cyber if the former has full prep.            %Pr
Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lost_Rellik

Cyber takes this one, there really isn;t much Creed can do hurt him....maybe if this was ultimate sabes with the adamantium skeleton and claws than he might have better chances, but since it isn't Cyber does indeed win.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@cracks said:
" @k4tzm4n: Sabretooth can only defeat Cyber if the former has full prep.            %Pr "

....Even with prep, what does he do?
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By yodagod
@k4tzm4n:
Locked in a room with deathwatch beatles, sunk in a mudhole, trapped on a ship in the middle of an ocean with a ton of explosives planning on blowing just as they cross the Marianas trench, etc,etc....  Cyber can still be outsmarted.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@yodagod said:
"@k4tzm4n: Locked in a room with deathwatch beatles, sunk in a mudhole, trapped on a ship in the middle of an ocean with a ton of explosives planning on blowing just as they cross the Marianas trench, etc,etc....  Cyber can still be outsmarted. "

You're reallllllllllllllllllllllly stretching for ways, aren't you? ;)
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cracks
@k4tzm4n: Why is that a stretch? Sabretooth CAN be quite cunning.  I don't think that it is completely farfetched.   However, Cyber's low level telepathy might make it hard for Sabretooth to outsmart him. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@cracks said:
" @k4tzm4n: Why is that a stretch? Sabretooth CAN be quite cunning.  I don't think that it is completely farfetched.   However, Cyber's low level telepathy might make it hard for Sabretooth to outsmart him.  "

Yes, he's cunning.  But he doesnt have access to the beatles, a mudhole seems out of character, and trapped on a ship in the middle of the ocean is unlikely for a 1v1 battle...Or EXTREMELY one-sided by giving Sabretooth enough prep to do so, lol (and have a back up boat to return to land)  Of course Cyber can be outsmarted, but when it comes to combat, he's skilled and certainly far from stupid.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cracks
@k4tzm4n: Creed might be able to get some special devices or weapons from Weapon X and get full prep.  That is not fair for Cyber who does not have any prep though.
Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

@yodagod
said:

No Caption Provided
"
I despised the artwork in this series.  "
Seconded
Avatar image for fallenangel5991
fallenangel5991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fallenangel5991

Sabretooth would win. The guy is waaaaaaaay too dangerous.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@acaipapaya said:

To my knowledge, Cyber has an undefined level of superhuman strength and has had much more impressive strength feats than Sabretooth. Cyber has also countered and bested Wolverine with extreme ease. Sabretooth, is more-or less, on Wolverine's level. Could Sabretooth win with some solid slashes/stabs to the face? Of course. But it's unlikely due to Cyber's superior technique, durability, reach and hallucinogens (on his claws)

marvelnerd360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyber wins this easily. No questions asked.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sabretooth beat him, but I think that's a fluke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9
deactivated-5a0fb93f107d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blood-lusted Sabertooth won't be as mindful against Cyber, I believe. And that might be his downfall.