• 65 results
weaponxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By weaponxxx

Creed wins both rounds. His healing factor is as good as Logan's is it not? Not to mention hes an extremely accomplished melee fighter. What can the spartans do to him?

Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Ramtha07

@weaponxxx:
Slit throat, limbs, multiple puncture wounds, blind him, disembowel him... any number of things really that will add up.

Spartans, each on of them, were badass. Many number of things they could do to him that his healing factor would not be able to necessarily keep up with... slow him down at the very least, at which point the Spartans would capitolize.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By slimj87d
@weaponxxx said:
" Creed wins both rounds. His healing factor is as good as Logan's is it not? Not to mention hes an extremely accomplished melee fighter. What can the spartans do to him? "
Yeah, but Wolverine has been shown to lose blood and pass on a few occasions.

X-23 cut him and put dirt into him so the wounds wouldn't close and blood kept coming out. Sure he wasn't trying but the fact is that he has a healing factor but still passed out from blood loss.

A spear is made to go in easily but not to come out. After having a bunch of spears lodged into him, getting cut mutliple times he'd pass out like Wolverine does.

@Ramtha07 said:
"

@weaponxxx:
Slit throat, limbs, multiple puncture wounds, blind him, disembowel him... any number of things really that will add up.

Spartans, each on of them, were badass. Many number of things they could do to him that his healing factor would not be able to necessarily keep up with... slow him down at the very least, at which point the Spartans would capitolize.

"

Agreed.
Avatar image for mistress_crusher
Mistress_Crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Mistress_Crusher

Take away the adimantium and watch him get the sh!t beat out of him.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By weaponmaster
@SlimJ87D said:

"

@weaponmaster:
I don't think it matters how much more powerful Sabretooth is. He can be stabbed still and he doesn't have enough blood to last against 300 Spartants.

This is like me vs a Japanese Hornet in room. I'll smasht he guy, I'm 1000s of times stronger than him. But if there are 300 Japanese Hornets in a room fully organized to attack me, I'm sure I'd go down.

"

I have stated from the beginning that sabretooth loses.

A more accurate analogy would be like you versus 300 highly intelligent tasmanian devils trained from birth to fight in all imaginable scenarios, but, yeah, we agree, Sabretooth goes down.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By HellionVulcan

Sabrertooth slaughters them with little effect .

AxlRose17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AxlRose17

In the first fight Sabretooth wins with ease put simply no matter how good the Spartans are adamantium would shred them. Round two however has to go to the Spartans, im sure we've all seen 300 however the fighting style used throughout the majority of the film is completely innacurate. Fighting  like that then Sabretooth would hand their arses to them in minutes, however in reality they fought as an unstoppable unit, conditioned from birth to be the best they possibly can be, these guys alone are formidible but as a unit they are unstoppable, even assuming it is only 300 standard spartans and not the 300 bodyguard of the spartan diarchy they have enough staying power and sheer skill to work it to their advantage. In the 5 days preparation they would clear a large flat area in the forest and set up a funnel system so Sabretooth had to attack the front, as soon as he comes into view the front 2 ranks throw there 9 foot long spears straight into him, assuming this doesnt kill him they ready there Xiphos swords, as soon as sabretooth closes the Spartans use all their training to dig in, even if he jumps the spartans would simply raise there spears impaling him then they cut him into ribbons, or he attacks the front and  eventually takes enough damage to be unable to fight, in both scenarios the Spartans take a lot of casualties BUT eventually win through discipline, tactics, skill and numbers
-Axl
Ramtha07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ramtha07
@AxlRose17 said:
"

In the first fight Sabretooth wins with ease put simply no matter how good the Spartans are adamantium would shred them. Round two however has to go to the Spartans, im sure we've all seen 300 however the fighting style used throughout the majority of the film is completely innacurate. Fighting  like that then Sabretooth would hand their arses to them in minutes, however in reality they fought as an unstoppable unit, conditioned from birth to be the best they possibly can be, these guys alone are formidible but as a unit they are unstoppable, even assuming it is only 300 standard spartans and not the 300 bodyguard of the spartan diarchy they have enough staying power and sheer skill to work it to their advantage. In the 5 days preparation they would clear a large flat area in the forest and set up a funnel system so Sabretooth had to attack the front, as soon as he comes into view the front 2 ranks throw there 9 foot long spears straight into him, assuming this doesnt kill him they ready there Xiphos swords, as soon as sabretooth closes the Spartans use all their training to dig in, even if he jumps the spartans would simply raise there spears impaling him then they cut him into ribbons, or he attacks the front and  eventually takes enough damage to be unable to fight, in both scenarios the Spartans take a lot of casualties BUT eventually win through discipline, tactics, skill and numbers-Axl

"

This. Couldn't have said it better so won't try.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@AxlRose17:@weaponmaster:

I just can't seem to agree with anything Said. The Spartans skill feat in the comics and the films were to Fodder. The Immortals being the ones that most resembled a challenge. The Spartans of the Real world were good for there time but would be destroyed by many armies to precede them. I see not one single or even a dozen of the Spartans from the GN or the film being an equal to the Likes of Daredevil. That being said there is nothing that they have done to prove them equals to Sabretooth even at there 300 number. It took several of them to defeat idiotic beast like elephants, tigers, and whatever else was thrown at them. They did it with ease but this is something that Sabretooth does on a day to day basis as easy as it takes us to open a fridge and heat up left overs. As the Hand Ninja scans shows, an army of ninjas attacking him doesn't seem to be a challenge, so the Immortals are nothing. The Germanic beast, well lets not even go there because that would have been as simple as a standard foot soldier for Sabretooth. I mean honestly do you think they could kill the Warewolf from the recent "Wolfman" film if he was a highly trained soldier/military Operative/Secret Agent, a skilled fighter, and is well above MODERN day average intelligence. 

@weaponmaster:
Yes! To Conceal, Protect and Defend logic. And my walls are built on a very strong Foundation.

Dismemberment of his head or any limb I feel is an unlikely scenario, ESPECIALLY when his bones are laced with Adamantium. Without the Adamantium, a possibility but still unlikely. As for the gunfire there are no Humans that can take the gunfire that Sabretooth has taken. This is a full on assault from 50 caliber machine gun fire to the head, chest, stomach, arms, legs, and he can keep on pressing forward. Another comparison to humans and other beast that is irrelevant to his abilities.

His history of combat shows that if he is getting hit, it is either by someone faster, equally as fast, in higher range of reaction and speed, simply a tactic, or his arrogance. Police, soldiers, Thugs, and any other standard human is only hitting him because he is not fighting at full potential. Also the comparison of police with GUNS over Spartans with spears and swords is distant. I don't doubt that some will hit him, because of numbers and the fact that they are at least Olympic level. Yes, Wolverine has tagged Sabretooth, Wolverine has Also Tagged Spider-Man and other speedsters. My point is Sabretooth has proven he can dodge, evade and all together out maneuver Wolverine on several occasions.

The Phalanx was the core to there battle tactics. They never had to fight an inhuman being. Even within the GN the creatures they fought were in extremely low superhuman to peak-human levels. 5 days prep is not sufficient to train them how to fight the likes of a creature they have never seen. If they say it's like killing a Wolf, a Lion, Bear, a Rhino, they would be underestimating his abilities. The Spartans will have problems because Creed will know better then to get stabbed by 300 spears or so.

Then you have clearly not read much with him or just overlooked the facts. I guess scans are the only way to explain where his skill lies and the difference between jobbing (which he rarely does for a marvel villain) and actually being serious in a fight. Also is anyone reading the OP? It says Sabretooth has 5 days prep. They will be walking into a trap.

@AxlRose17:
There is nothing they can do to cause him to attack them directly especially in the setting. You do realize that Sabretooth has 5 days prep. He is a master at setting traps and it's in a jungle. An environment that he can make home with much greater ease then they can.

AxlRose17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AxlRose17
@ThaMessenger07:

UH-OH i smell a fanboy, i believe in my comment i made it clear i was discussing real spartans? You mention that the Immortals were the better unit, if so then why, at the battle of Thermopylae, Do the Spartans (who by this point are mostly unarmed and down to about 100 men) kill a force of 1000 Immortals attempting a surprisse attack? The Spartans were much more than cannon fodder and could outclass many of the more modern armies ever created, Overall i think you are giving the Spartans a lot less thought than i gave Sabretooth
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By weaponmaster
@ThaMessenger07 said:

"

@AxlRose17:@weaponmaster:

I just can't seem to agree with anything Said. The Spartans skill feat in the comics and the films were to Fodder. The Immortals being the ones that most resembled a challenge. The Spartans of the Real world were good for there time but would be destroyed by many armies to precede them. I see not one single or even a dozen of the Spartans from the GN or the film being an equal to the Likes of Daredevil. That being said there is nothing that they have done to prove them equals to Sabretooth even at there 300 number. It took several of them to defeat idiotic beast like elephants, tigers, and whatever else was thrown at them. They did it with ease but this is something that Sabretooth does on a day to day basis as easy as it takes us to open a fridge and heat up left overs. As the Hand Ninja scans shows, an army of ninjas attacking him doesn't seem to be a challenge, so the Immortals are nothing. The Germanic beast, well lets not even go there because that would have been as simple as a standard foot soldier for Sabretooth. I mean honestly do you think they could kill the Warewolf from the recent "Wolfman" film if he was a highly trained soldier/military Operative/Secret Agent, a skilled fighter, and is well above MODERN day average intelligence. 

@weaponmaster:
Yes! To Conceal, Protect and Defend logic. And my walls are built on a very strong Foundation.

Dismemberment of his head or any limb I feel is an unlikely scenario, ESPECIALLY when his bones are laced with Adamantium. Without the Adamantium, a possibility but still unlikely. As for the gunfire there are no Humans that can take the gunfire that Sabretooth has taken. This is a full on assault from 50 caliber machine gun fire to the head, chest, stomach, arms, legs, and he can keep on pressing forward. Another comparison to humans and other beast that is irrelevant to his abilities.

His history of combat shows that if he is getting hit, it is either by someone faster, equally as fast, in higher range of reaction and speed, simply a tactic, or his arrogance. Police, soldiers, Thugs, and any other standard human is only hitting him because he is not fighting at full potential. Also the comparison of police with GUNS over Spartans with spears and swords is distant. I don't doubt that some will hit him, because of numbers and the fact that they are at least Olympic level. Yes, Wolverine has tagged Sabretooth, Wolverine has Also Tagged Spider-Man and other speedsters. My point is Sabretooth has proven he can dodge, evade and all together out maneuver Wolverine on several occasions.

The Phalanx was the core to there battle tactics. They never had to fight an inhuman being. Even within the GN the creatures they fought were in extremely low superhuman to peak-human levels. 5 days prep is not sufficient to train them how to fight the likes of a creature they have never seen. If they say it's like killing a Wolf, a Lion, Bear, a Rhino, they would be underestimating his abilities. The Spartans will have problems because Creed will know better then to get stabbed by 300 spears or so.

Then you have clearly not read much with him or just overlooked the facts. I guess scans are the only way to explain where his skill lies and the difference between jobbing (which he rarely does for a marvel villain) and actually being serious in a fight. Also is anyone reading the OP? It says Sabretooth has 5 days prep. They will be walking into a trap.

"

Yes. They could easily kill a werewolf if it were a trained solider/operative/what have you. They would take a few casualties but they would kill the werewolf relatively easily.

To conceal, protect, and defend a poor foundation is more like it. And to incarcerate logic.

The neck has no contiguous bones in it making decapitation relatively simple and the limbs are held together by ligaments, cartilage and tendons. it's simple anatomy really. Wrong, using humans in comparison to him taking bullets was germane to the conversaion as adrenalin has allowed normas humans to take up to 18 gunshots but none have continues without a head and neither would sabretooth.

Wrong. he has continuously been hit by slower opponents. Making excuses of why he is hit by normals doesn't change the fatc that he has been, often. He has been hit by not only guns, but fists, feet, elbows, swords, arrows, you name it.

You stated before that the phalanx was the only tactic they knew/used. You were wrong, period. They utilize tactics that the situations dictate, thats why they won so often. Now you pretend to know about their tactics and pretend to be an expert when you were in error on such a fundamental fact about them. They were tactictal geniuses with vast amounts of experience. Only a fool would use a phalanx defens against and opponent like sabretooth. Only a fool would suggest it as well. He maye "know better" but he will still be lacerated and impaled many times and beheaded and dismembered. % days prep will be more than enough time. You know nothing of actual Hand to hand combat.

No. I am not overlooking the facts. You are overlooking them with statements like "Police, soldiers, Thugs, and any other standard human is (are) only hitting him because he is not fighting at full potential."   The facts are that he has been hit by normals on many many many occasions. Those are facts. your statement that i qouted is conjecture and speculation, not facts. I have already addressed the prep on his part. You should read more carefully. I will reiterate for you: They will not walk into the jungle knowing his powers, skill, and tactics. They will set up a perimeter lined with traps and scouts and work in maneuverable groups of 50 patrolling said perimeter. Birds and animals fleeing will give away sabretooths position if he tries use stealth and they will capture and keep birds in cages on the perimeters. The birds will go into a panic at sabrtooths predatory scent and movement, giving away his position as well.

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@AxlRose17:  I never said the Immortals were better then the Spartans, only better then the rest of the Persian army. Mind you this is based off the movie and graphic novel. Again I never said the Spartans are fodder, I said there opponents are fodder. Enough thought was put into the Spartans. No evidence was given that makes them viable threats for Creed. Especially if you are referencing the real Spartans. Fanboy? Hardly! I never debate with biased opinion. Regardless of whether I like the character or not.

@weaponmaster:

Simply disagree with the first statement. I don't think they have the realistic knowledge, or equipment to combat such a beast. Simply the numbers, which mean nothing when the beast can snap humans like a pencil.

The likely hood of a Spartan, swinging a blade and cutting his head off, without clashing a bone is low, very low. If you have ever swung a blade at a large cow or pig carcass, you would know bone meets the blade. I'm sure there blade can cut normal human bone and it is known that Creed does not have a standard Human bone structure. With that aside, why are they so likely to be the ones to cut his head off when it took close to 2 centuries for someone to finally achieve this feat. 300 in comparison to his battle and kill count is a fraction, so no, probability is not against him.

I would like examples of battles where the Spartans did not use the Phalanx Formation. A battle where this formation was not fundamental to there tactics. Maybe I am not as informed so please enlighten me on the Spartans. So far nothing you have said gives me any reason to believe they are a match for Creed. You simply overplay what they have done or underplay what Creed has done. They have no feat that suggest they can battle a superhuman creature, with amazing ferocity, training and experience that blitzes there own. While Creed has feats that shows he can battle armies and as a member of Team X is fundamental to his skill set. The Phalanx is the only tactic that they own. They were not used to gorilla war fare and these are FACTS. They get prep info on him while Victor Creed is an accomplished soldier of fortune that has studied on countless battle tactics, including those of the Spartans. He has 5 days of unnecessary prep, while the Spartans need to plan a battle out of there environment and against the like of an opponent they have never done battle with.

"They will not walk into the jungle knowing his powers, skill, and tactics. They will set up a perimeter lined with traps and scouts and work in maneuverable groups of 50 patrolling said perimeter. Birds and animals fleeing will give away sabretooths position if he tries use stealth and they will capture and keep birds in cages on the perimeters. The birds will go into a panic at sabrtooths predatory scent and movement, giving away his position as well."

^^^ That is speculation on the highest level. A good idea you have there, too bad your not there general. Not to mention that Sabretooth has invaded jungle fortresses with far more sophisticated, as well as similar defenses, with success. They will be walking into Sabretooths Jungle that he has had 5 days to prep. Have you seen Creed set up traps and prepare for a target. Read some of his solo minis like "Death Hunt" "Overdrive" & "Open Season"
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By grimlock

he wins the first fight but the second...i have my reservations

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By grimlock

Sabretooth wins the first fight coz he has the option of taking them out one at a time(assuming he has a strategic mind which i highly doubt unless shown some scans). in the second there is no way he wins

Mackeja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mackeja

poor, poor spartans. Give 100 of them Uzis, and put them in terrain where they force Creed to approach them head-on, and they might just do it. Short of that, Creed has it