Saber (Fate Series) vs. Roronoa Zoro

• 130 results
UnbiasedRodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who wins and why in a fight to the death ?

Avatar image for theredheadedyeti
TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

What's Zoro's durability? I stopped watching OP after 5 episodes...if he can tank the above then he has a chance.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@theredheadedyeti: As for durability...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast: How much damage would that pain bubble amount to? Excalibur is supposed to be an anti-fortress noble phantasm with very high destructive capabilities, so much so, that Saber tends to direct the attack toward the sky so as not to cause too much damage. I ask because I'm not sure how much damage he actually had to endure from the bubble.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Zoro

KingH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zero one shots before she can do you exacla- whatever move.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

I'm just woefully unaware of his abilities. I started with Saber because she was the only side from whom I knew enough information to comment, which is why I'm inquiring after his stats. If he has more than enough speed to get close then her trump card is essentially nullified. I just have no clue regarding his stats and am generally curious.

UnbiasedRodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saber tbh.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

saber wins , she is too much for him

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Saber? A specific version or an Amalgem of all her appearances? Because the F/Z and other versions have Avalon, which effectively makes her impervious to harm. Avalon can block everything up to a 5th dimensional level.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

What Saber? A specific version or an Amalgem of all her appearances? Because the F/Z and other versions have Avalon, which effectively makes her impervious to harm. Avalon can block everything up to a 5th dimensional level.

Damn, forgot about that.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredheadedyeti:I just put the bubble scene there for more pain tolerance. The real durability feat would be from his fight with oars. The big red guy with horns. The only way to really show how much damage would be to watch the entire oars fight and noting how much Luffy gets hurt. And I dunno if you wanna do that. I know I wouldn't It spans a number of episodes and even a full fight shortened on YT or something would be at least 45 minutes x.x. This all being said Zoro does possess haki as well, which if you don't know comes in three flavors. Here ya go on that.

Loading Video...

The third type only works on fodder so saber is safe from that. but the other two can be used for precog and enhanced attacks. I may be wrong in this calculation, but Zoro, currently, is about 10 times stronger than what I've shown in the oars fight and with Kuma. I say 10 times because he had an attack called 108 pound canon, but after the time skip he uses a variation of it called 1080 pound canon and has taken out two monsters similar in strength and size to oars with a fair amount of ease. When you say anti fortress though... do you mean an actual fortress, or some other servant ability? because zoro can pretty easily cut through marine base walls and doors that are supposed to keep people in/out. Something else, having enough speed... unless fate stay night charactyers start getting intot he sonic speeds, he is that fast. http://www.comicvine.com/roronoa-zoro/4005-47925/forums/zoro-respect-thread-1535452/#js-message-11303250/ Skip to post 7 but feel free to look over it in general XD

@reikai: When you say fifth dimensional, what do you mean?

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

@loumast: Okay that gives me a better idea. By anti-fortress I mean that it is superior to anti-army noble phantasms in destructive output. It may just be my interpretation but I believe that translates to a fortress busting attack or something of a similar magnitude, but I could be taking the name too literally and be wrong on that account. In FZ it one shotted the horror which was instantly regenerating from attacks by the other servants, so I assume its attack power reaches a molecular level in order to be able to neutralize the regen ability. But as for speed I haven't seen Saber demonstrate that level of speed so she's out of luck there.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredheadedyeti: So is anti fortress a grade of power if fate stay night canon? because I'm not sure what to make of anti army either @.@ So far zoro's best cutting/strength feat is cutting a mountain sized man, the mountain having a dozen or so buildings form a city on it. http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/one-piece/778/10/ look through the rest of the chapter and the one before to gauge the size. From what you are describing though if Saber manages to hit him with that it's probably over for Zoro. Zoro has blocked "flying" cutting attacks with his swords, but nothing that destructive from what it sounds. You know what that reikai guy is talking about with blocking lower than fifth dimensional attacks though?

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Saber?

bouncyhippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zoro stomps. Saber Phantasm is strong, but it won't hit zoro because he's too fast.

UnbiasedRodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bouncyhippo: @loumast: From what I've seen Zoro is pretty slow, I just see ppl post he's fast with no proof whatsoever, so unless I see some spead feats for Zoro he gets speed and power blitzed, very badly.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbiasedrodger: The respect thread I posted gives a good few. Unless you are referring to travel distance, then Zoro actually is the least impressive of the monster trio. Luffy's gear second and sanji's soru/blue walk/sky walk all trump anything Zoro has in getting from point a to b long distance. but in combat speed he's blocked bullet speed water droplets, some of Luffy's attacks, attacks from that one samurai that had brook's shadow, Kuma's pad pad canon thing. No it's not lightspeed like some people say but they are impressive in speed none the less. But yeah, here's the thread. http://www.comicvine.com/roronoa-zoro/4005-47925/forums/zoro-respect-thread-1535452/#js-message-11303250/

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

@loumast: From what I have managed to gather Avalon places its bearer in the land of the fairies so that they are in effect no longer on earth. This is accomplished by encasing the user in light so that they are technically there but also not. Its regenerative powers can also quickly heal fatal wounds to organs such as the heart and replace missing parts of the body. At the end of FZ Kiritsugu is healed via Avalon from fatal wounds. I think Zoro does have a speed advantage but whatever damage he does has to be a one shot or she will heal. If Saber manages to land a hit I don't think Zoro can take it so the real question is can Saber tag Zoro? Based on what you've told me I'm unsure if she can.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti
The Horror
The Horror

Not sure what just happened to my post showing the The Gigantic horror so I'll re post the pic. Also it is the best destructive feat she has that I am aware of. The name anti-fortress could very well be hyperbole, and there are no showings I know of to prove the name is anything else.

UnbiasedRodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredheadedyeti: Umm, Saber is far faster than Zoro who has almost 0 ACTUAL speed feats.

The real question is, how long does Zoro survive thanks to haki ? A minute ? Maybe two ? Since Saber outclasses him in speed, power, agility, and she has op regen. Oh god...... She stomps him badly.....

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

@unbiasedrodger: What are the speed feats for her? I haven't watched any fate for some time now, I know they have superhuman abilities like strength, reflexes etc..but how fast can she go exactly?

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredheadedyeti: I wonder if haki would interact with the light at all... since it allows haki users to hit beings that change their bodies to be intangible by changing into different elements... at any rate I'll assume it won't matter. Avalon is the hilt, yeah? Because I'm wondering now if the user has to have it on their person? I don't think Zoro would go for dismemberment right away of course, but after seeing that Saber gets back up after taking his hits I do think he'll get more aggressive.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

@loumast: It's the sheath and I'm fairly certain it does have to be on their person or at least directed to affect someone within the near vicinity. I'm not sure it's intangibility either, but I wouldn't even be able to begin to guess the effect of haki on the properties of fairy magic lol.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kyle_Dornez

@loumast: Avalon is the scabbard of Excalibur.

I personally would give it to Saber - if she has Avalon she would naturally win, if she doesn't, it will get rather messy, but eventually Zoro' blades would give in and break, much like Assassin's nodachi.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyle_dornez: @theredheadedyeti: Out of curiosity, is the ability ever countered somehow in the series? Or once she has it is Saber all but invincible? As you can tell I'm not knowledgeable... like at all about Saber's canon. Saw the original (I think) anime a while back and even that I hardly remember.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast: I'll take a look around to try and find a relevant episode. Kissanime has all the seasons, movies, and whatnot, but right now there is no instance I can think of. She is pretty hax with Avalon equipped.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

@loumast: That's awesome, thanks for the lolz. Hellsing is actually one the few anime I never really bothered with.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti
Loading Video...

@loumast: Alright so I couldn't find anything other than that Gilgamesh's Ea (sword) is supposed to be an anti-world weapon and that Avalon is in the same power bracket. Here it dispels Alexander's reality marble, which is its own dimension essentially. So as far as Zoro is concerned I don't think he is going to penetrate Avalon short of the IG falling from the sky onto his hand.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theredheadedyeti: Penetrate avalon? I thought it was just light around the person that heals them when they are hurt? >.>

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheRedHeadedYeti

@loumast: Oh sorry, the functions are separate. One is the healing factor which is a passive ability of Avalon and the other is the defensive capabilities. I apologize if I didn't present that more clearly.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By loumast

@theredheadedyeti: Ooooh... and a comment on the vid. The moment powers go to worldbreaking is the moment this goesout of OP's paygrade XD

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast: Yeah, Gilgamesh is a demi god created by the gods to oversee the transition of the gods leaving the world. He actually possesses all noble phantasms (except for Excalibur I think he has its predecessor if I remember correctly) and his Ea makes them look like they're plastic children's toys. Gilgamesh is OP as f***k. I think we've come to a consensus now, unless anyone has objections.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loumast said:

@kyle_dornez: @theredheadedyeti: Out of curiosity, is the ability ever countered somehow in the series? Or once she has it is Saber all but invincible? As you can tell I'm not knowledgeable... like at all about Saber's canon. Saw the original (I think) anime a while back and even that I hardly remember.

I believe no. It was used by Saber exactly once in Fate route of Fate/Stay Night to tank the world-breaking blast from Gilgamesh

@loumast said:

@theredheadedyeti: Penetrate avalon? I thought it was just light around the person that heals them when they are hurt? >.>

No, Avalon heals the holder automatically, as it was shown with Shiro, and when it's used as Noble Phantasm it essentially puts you in a bubble cut off from reality, pretty much tanking anything.

TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyle_dornez: Yep. Healing is a passive ability it does automatically for the bearer. Its chief ability essentially cuts you off from reality making you impervious to attack.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By reikai

Essentially when Saber activates Avalon, you only have one of two options.

A) Use an attack greater than a 5th dimensional level.

B) Wait until Saber's mana runs out.

@loumast: It means as I said it. Just as 2dimensional figures can't interact with 3dimensional ones, you'd need powers of the 5th dimension or higher to penetrate Avalon. It doesn't specifically mean omnipotence, it just means the power of the attack must be derived from a higher dimension in order to get passed Avalon's defenses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By 98115

i only saw the first fate series but from what i saw in the first zoro should win

wormant1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so many people assuming Saber loses because all they've seen are her anime feats... smh

just putting in a couple things

1. in F/SN Saber's instinct (precognition) allowed her to parry an causality-reversing attack that's supposed to always hit the heart, and that's her severely weakened with Shirou as her master. so while Zoro may surpass her in raw speed, he won't be hitting her that easily

2. the blast from Excalibur disintegrate targets on an atomic scale. with Avalon she can use it multiple times while being invincible from Zoro's attacks.

3. her armor is made from magical energy, it doesn't provide defense through physical hardness. I need to see feats from Zoro that would suggest he can cut through magical armor.

4. Saber has a healing factor, Zoro doesn't (kind of minor considering Zoro's ability to tank injuries, but oh well).

5. this is kind of cheating but her status as a spirit stays even when materialized, physical attacks from a human wouldn't hurt her. as far as I know Zoro can't use magic.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By poeticwarrior

There is ZERO chance Zoro can win.

First reason, servant can't be hurt by normal weapons.

Second reason, she's extremely fast as well, look how she defends against all the attacks. She reached mach 10 at least during certain events in Fate series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtmdnB95Uxc

Third reason, her Avalon COMPLETELY nullify any attack, even planet busting attack.

Fourth, she has spider sense which sense impending dangers and deaths. It made clear in the novel during her fights.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: Zoo also has precog,if Mach 10 is the best feat for Saber then it isn't enough for her, and Zoro has a demon blade for her.

If Sevrants are immune by normal weapons which you refer to because of their strength, Zoro has a larger amount of strength than normal weapons.

Zoro has no such counter to Avalon aside from Zoro could just wait for her to stop or straight up kill her before she can use it.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Saber wins. Zoro won't survive getting Excaliblasted

KingH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoro blitz and one shot

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoro isn't blitzing Saber....

No Caption Provided

SaberWaifu Excalibuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurs Zoro outa existence.

K fine Zoro slaughters her.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is ZERO chance Zoro can win.

First reason, servant can't be hurt by normal weapons.

Second reason, she's extremely fast as well, look how she defends against all the attacks. She reached mach 10 at least during certain events in Fate series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtmdnB95Uxc

Third reason, her Avalon COMPLETELY nullify any attack, even planet busting attack.

Fourth, she has spider sense which sense impending dangers and deaths. It made clear in the novel during her fights.

They're evenly matched, heck Zoro is faster with all honesty.

Any form of brute strength can hurt a servant , as proven by Fate/NightStay when caster's master rekt Saber , or Shirou reking servents later on. Let it be noted that Caster's Master did not use any weaponry, just enchantment magic.

Her spidey senses and feeling death will probably prolong the match but Avalon isn't doing crap in this fight.

Her only option of actually putting Zoro down is by using Excalibuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur and that can't be done unless Zoro himself is using a long-cast technique(I keep forgetting the names of his awesome techniques)

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By poeticwarrior

@sondeatheater said:

@poeticwarrior: Zoo also has precog,if Mach 10 is the best feat for Saber then it isn't enough for her, and Zoro has a demon blade for her.

If Sevrants are immune by normal weapons which you refer to because of their strength, Zoro has a larger amount of strength than normal weapons.

Zoro has no such counter to Avalon aside from Zoro could just wait for her to stop or straight up kill her before she can use it.

No, servants are ghosts. They're already dead. They can't be killed by normal weapons, so Zoro can't do anything to her. it's like trying to kill Ghost Rider. As I said, Zoro can't kill her, and once she activates Avalon, she can use Excalibur to destroy him. She's not just gonna stand there. You can't put normal characters against supernatural beings. Zoro can't hurt her in anyway because she can't be hurt by regular weapons while she can kill him with Excaliblast.

@xiokenji "Caster's Master did not use any weaponry, just enchantment magic."

Yes, enchanted magic. You need to enchant or enhance yourself with magic to hurt servants. Regular methods don't work. Caster enchanted her master in Fate Unlimited Blade Works in order for him to affect servants. Servants have never shown to be hurt by regular weapons or brute forces without some sort of mystical reasons behind it. Shirou's projection is a type of magic which he created noble phantasms, I don't see when he ever defeated any servant with regular weapons or even brute force.

Avalon uses absolute defense, Zoro can't hurt her under Avalon, so I don't know why you don't think it doesn't do crap, and she could use Excalibur after. It was shown when Saber use Avalon then Excalibur to kill Gilgamesh. Zoro lacks mystical and magical ability, so he wouldn't be able to hurt her in the first place anyway.

If you think brute force without magical enhancement can hurt servants then show me proofs.

I played through the game, and it stated:

"As spiritual beings and divine mysteries, Servants cannot be harmed by normal means and are still considered spirits even in physical form, so they cannot be physically harmed by regular humans or modern weaponry."

During one of the game events in Fate Unlimited Blade Works:

Caster's master almost killed Saber under magical enhancement, but once Caster is dead, her master tried to attack Archer, he took the attack head-on without feeling anything, then proceed to kill the master. Magical enhancement is needed if you want to hurt servants.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingh: Show me which speed feat Zoro have in particular that allows him to blitz Saber pls.

LunarHeretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saber would speedblitz him easily. She's hypersonic, OP characters are barely sonic

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus ... The low-ball on each side