• 85 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by UrmanitaRules (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu

VS

Iron Fist

Both can uses their powers in this epic martial arts battle royale. But Who is the victor?

#2 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu will dragon punch Iron fist to hell.

#3 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

Ryu will dragon punch Iron fist to hell.

Iron Fist would "Iron Fist" Ryu into oblivion

#4 Posted by Maxwell Lord the fourth (1320 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyronLee26 said:

Iron Fist would "Iron Fist" Ryu into oblivion

This.
#5 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5459 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist.

#6 Posted by Macest128 (806 posts) - - Show Bio

danny stomps

did ryu fought anyone like victor?

#7 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron fist will Iron fist Ryu's ass into the universe...

#8 Posted by PlaystationFanboy (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if you said Akuma I would've given it some thought, but... Iron Fist.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Macest128 said:

danny stomps

did ryu fought anyone like victor?

LMFAO @ this. I would have been cool with it if you posted the hellicarrier feat or someone who is actually more of a threat than Classic Sabretooth but this is a joke.
Moderator
#10 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist.

#11 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

RYU.

Iron Fist is good, but not awesome like Ryu. Ryu just has too many tools, and well iron fist has a iron handed punch...

#12 Posted by termiteone4ever (7709 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beerhappy said:

RYU.

Iron Fist is good, but not awesome like Ryu. Ryu just has too many tools, and well iron fist has a iron handed punch...

Yes this is correct

#13 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: This is exactly what would happen. No doubt, hands down truth.

#14 Edited by Macest128 (806 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Macest128 said:

danny stomps

did ryu fought anyone like victor?

LMFAO @ this. I would have been cool with it if you posted the hellicarrier feat or someone who is actually more of a threat than Classic Sabretooth but this is a joke.

lolwut???????????????

#15 Posted by Macest128 (806 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever said:

@Beerhappy said:

RYU.

Iron Fist is good, but not awesome like Ryu. Ryu just has too many tools, and well iron fist has a iron handed punch...

Yes this is correct

this is the same user who said ryu can beat wolverine blanka can beat venom and ken can beat daredevil

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91287 posts) - - Show Bio
@Macest128 said:

lolwut???????????????

Classic Sabretooth is a punching bag so the idea that Iron Fist beating him makes this a stomp is a joke. Ryu would destroy classic Sabretooth.In other words a mediocre feat doesn't prove Iron Fist wins.
Moderator
#17 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Macest128:

@Macest128 said:

@termiteone4ever said:

@Beerhappy said:

RYU.

Iron Fist is good, but not awesome like Ryu. Ryu just has too many tools, and well iron fist has a iron handed punch...

Yes this is correct

this is the same user who said ryu can beat wolverine blanka can beat venom and ken can beat daredevil

Yes this is same user, thanks for following my posts. Please elaborate on your points rather than focus on a user. kthxbye.

#18 Posted by Macest128 (806 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Macest128 said:

lolwut???????????????

Classic Sabretooth is a punching bag so the idea that Iron Fist beating him makes this a stomp is a joke. Ryu would destroy classic Sabretooth.In other words a mediocre feat doesn't prove Iron Fist wins.

what the difference with classic sabretooth and early 90's sabretooth?

#19 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Macest128 said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Macest128 said:

lolwut???????????????

Classic Sabretooth is a punching bag so the idea that Iron Fist beating him makes this a stomp is a joke. Ryu would destroy classic Sabretooth.In other words a mediocre feat doesn't prove Iron Fist wins.

what the difference with classic sabretooth and early 90's sabretooth?

Classic Sabretooth is a joke at fighting capability, as Vance already stated. 90's Sabretooth isn't as much of a punching bag.
#20 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny shouldn't have so much problem with this.

#21 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beerhappy said:

RYU.

Iron Fist is good, but not awesome like Ryu. Ryu just has too many tools, and well iron fist has a iron handed punch...

What exactly places Ryu above Iron Fist?

#22 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26: There was a thread a read about Ryu, well it was a haters thread, and what they think Ryu should be, like i said...haters -> here it is:

The following is a rant about the in-game Power Grids for each character, which is directly based off the Marvel Universe Power Grid. FOR DORKY EYES ONLY!

So just to bring this into the light of others, the power grid given in game is how you say, questionable? A flagrant example is of Ryu, whom, according to the power grid, is at the same intelligence as Mag-freakin'-neto, the same guy who helped build a psychic-augmenting device for crying out loud!

Another one is Haggar, who is supposedly Strength 7 (at the level of Hulk ::sigh::). The day Haggar can leap into OUTER SPACE is the day I'll believe that.

Anyway, which power grid rankings did you find unusual, and how would you like to see them? Remember, this is based on the Marvel Universe Power Grid. If you think a certain stat belongs in a certain number, please give an example where such a character performed a feat that would fit that stat.

I'll start with...

Ryu

Intelligence: In-game; 5. Proposed; 2.

He's never been shown to be educated. He's never built anything.

Strength: In-game; 6. Proposed; 4.

We see Ryu lift a pretty huge boulder in Oro's 3rd Strike ending. This is about Spider-man's level, who can lift cars.

Speed: In-game; 5. Proposed; 3.

Ryu ran 30 miles in an hour as a training regiment. I can't imagine how fast he can go with all he's got, but I'd say about the max speed of a mini-van sounds about right.

Stamina*: In-game; 6. Proposed; 3.

He can take a good beating but he certaintly can't regenerate.

Energy Projection: In-game; 7. Proposed; 4.

He mastered his ki ability to project energy waves and enhance his strength. These blasts are extremely powerful in a human scale, but not at a cosmic level.

Fighting Ability: In-game; 7. Proposed; 6.

He mastered Ansatsuken. He is regarded as the greatest martial artist known to the world (Akuma is of course, greater, but few people know he even exists). Since he's overcome many different fighting styles, this gives Ryu his bump to 6.

*In the Marvel Universe, stamina determined how long someone can exert themselves, while durability measures how much impact someone can take. I'm ASSUMING that the stamina stat in-game is the same as the Marvel-verse's durability. The Marvel in-game stats seem to confirm this.

#23 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellcarrier> Ryu

Iron Fist wins.

#24 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are stats if Ryu existed in the marvel universe. So Iron Fist would lose horribly. And thats minus the Dark Hado, when he turns into the incredible ryu hulk, or whatever demon he becomes..

#25 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beerhappy said:

@MyronLee26: There was a thread a read about Ryu, well it was a haters thread, and what they think Ryu should be, like i said...haters -> here it is:

The following is a rant about the in-game Power Grids for each character, which is directly based off the Marvel Universe Power Grid. FOR DORKY EYES ONLY!

So just to bring this into the light of others, the power grid given in game is how you say, questionable? A flagrant example is of Ryu, whom, according to the power grid, is at the same intelligence as Mag-freakin'-neto, the same guy who helped build a psychic-augmenting device for crying out loud!

Another one is Haggar, who is supposedly Strength 7 (at the level of Hulk ::sigh::). The day Haggar can leap into OUTER SPACE is the day I'll believe that.

Anyway, which power grid rankings did you find unusual, and how would you like to see them? Remember, this is based on the Marvel Universe Power Grid. If you think a certain stat belongs in a certain number, please give an example where such a character performed a feat that would fit that stat.

I'll start with...

Ryu

Intelligence: In-game; 5. Proposed; 2.

He's never been shown to be educated. He's never built anything.

Strength: In-game; 6. Proposed; 4.

We see Ryu lift a pretty huge boulder in Oro's 3rd Strike ending. This is about Spider-man's level, who can lift cars.

Speed: In-game; 5. Proposed; 3.

Ryu ran 30 miles in an hour as a training regiment. I can't imagine how fast he can go with all he's got, but I'd say about the max speed of a mini-van sounds about right.

Stamina*: In-game; 6. Proposed; 3.

He can take a good beating but he certaintly can't regenerate.

Energy Projection: In-game; 7. Proposed; 4.

He mastered his ki ability to project energy waves and enhance his strength. These blasts are extremely powerful in a human scale, but not at a cosmic level.

Fighting Ability: In-game; 7. Proposed; 6.

He mastered Ansatsuken. He is regarded as the greatest martial artist known to the world (Akuma is of course, greater, but few people know he even exists). Since he's overcome many different fighting styles, this gives Ryu his bump to 6.

*In the Marvel Universe, stamina determined how long someone can exert themselves, while durability measures how much impact someone can take. I'm ASSUMING that the stamina stat in-game is the same as the Marvel-verse's durability. The Marvel in-game stats seem to confirm this.

Thats just all for video game canon, not respectively canon. which is why someone like Frank West can beat someone like Dormammu.

Ryu and Magneto are not dumb, but I wouldnt say that there Tony Stark or Reed Richards smart.

Strength: Ryu supported the boulder, he didnt lift it. Lifting is described as being able to hold up something above one's head with both arms fully extended. Ryu was barely able to do that, but was still impressive. Well, Spider-Man supported the entire Daily Bugle building at one time. Ryu is nowhere near as strong as Spidey. Iron Fist has destroyed Thunderball's wrecking ball weapon, destroyed a huge ship, chopped a huge demon's foot off with one attack, one-shotted the Helicarrier, one-shotted a drunken Hercules,

Speed: When was it stated that or shown that Ryu ever ran that fast. Iron Fist has been shown to run at 35 miles per hour, and that's without using his chi. Iron Fist has also landed a speed blitz attack on a huge demon.

Stamina: Iron Fist can heal himself from what youve stated. Iron Fist has withstood being poisoned by Radion, survived a point-blank explosion from Nitro,

Energy Projection: Iron Fist has demonstrated techniques that are more advanced that Ryu's Hadoken. he can extend his Iron Fist to long range, demonstrated a technique that attacks multiple opponents that has concussive force and the added effect that sets them on fire, the Hypnosis Fist (self-explanatory), the Black Black Poison Touch, etc,.

Fighting Ability: Iron Fist has fought, defeated, and gained the upperhand against guys that would make the Street Fighter fighters look like a joke (Iron Fist, Daredevil, Wolverine, Captain America, Shang-Chi, Steel Serpent, etc. )

#26 Posted by Deadcool (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist needs one punch to defeat Ryu, but he would never land it, with the feats Ryu showed in Street Fighter IV the movie, he would kill him...

#27 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5459 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist would be able to beat Ryu, but it won't be easy.

#28 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist has so much much more than just an iron fist so he wins.

#29 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26: The OP never mentioned what canon this was going by, so we have to assume them both at their best form. Which means Ryu. Even according to Marvel he is superior in all ways. And video game canon is given credit by Marvel because of the scale in which Marvel has assigned him. Furthermore if we can throw everything in, Ryu in dark hado would be way to much for Iron Fist. Remember the OP never mentioned the canon, so anything goes - and if thats the case, its a victory for Ryu.

#30 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine the fight would be something like this....I think this guy mirrors Iron Fists style a bit.

#31 Edited by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool said:

Iron Fist needs one punch to defeat Ryu, but he would never land it, with the feats Ryu showed in Street Fighter IV the movie, he would kill him...

What feats did Ryu do in the Street Fighter IV movie that puts him above Iron Fist?

@Beerhappy said:

@MyronLee26: The OP never mentioned what canon this was going by, so we have to assume them both at their best form. Which means Ryu. Even according to Marvel he is superior in all ways. And video game canon is given credit by Marvel because of the scale in which Marvel has assigned him. Furthermore if we can throw everything in, Ryu in dark hado would be way to much for Iron Fist. Remember the OP never mentioned the canon, so anything goes - and if thats the case, its a victory for Ryu.

1. When did Marvel ever imply that Ryu is superior in anyway to Iron Fist?

2. Video Game Canon? So again, youre sayin that Frank West can defeat someone like Thor because its video game mechanics? Thats like saying Sonya Blade can defeat Superman because she can do it in the Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe video game.

3. Evil Ryu would be way too much for Iron Fist? And how is this?

#32 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beerhappy: They are non cannon. They gave Akuma a 7 on energy projection which puts him with the likes of the Phoenix.

#33 Posted by Dernman (15251 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu uses moves named after dragons. 
Iron Fist's last test to become Iron Fist involved defeating a dragon. Just sayin. 
 

Actually I don't have an opinion on this battle.:p

#34 Posted by Beerhappy (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how people make up rules as a debate goes on. Who decides what is "CANON"? When you mix two worlds I know that the fans of one hero will cling desperately to the rules of that world. As Ive seen so far, and yes I am also guilty of that. But really, Iron Fist can not beat Ryu. Ryu is the ultimate martial artist, he fights just to fight. Thats his only job, his only goal. He eats, sleeps, craps martial arts. But its amusing to me that others are saying that Iron Fist even has a chance against such a character as this. He is not a active fighter, he fights when he has to. Hes a badass, ok..but he does not go out looking for fights. He fights only for his purposes only. Ok let me put it this way its like Ryu is a active UFC fighter and Iron Fist is a cop that teaches at a local dojo. Now I know people will try to take apart my arguement, thats fine. But really - you know whats up.

#35 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

iron fist

#36 Edited by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beerhappy said:

I like how people make up rules as a debate goes on. Who decides what is "CANON"? When you mix two worlds I know that the fans of one hero will cling desperately to the rules of that world. As Ive seen so far, and yes I am also guilty of that. But really, Iron Fist can not beat Ryu. Ryu is the ultimate martial artist, he fights just to fight. Thats his only job, his only goal. He eats, sleeps, craps martial arts. But its amusing to me that others are saying that Iron Fist even has a chance against such a character as this. He is not a active fighter, he fights when he has to. Hes a badass, ok..but he does not go out looking for fights. He fights only for his purposes only. Ok let me put it this way its like Ryu is a active UFC fighter and Iron Fist is a cop that teaches at a local dojo. Now I know people will try to take apart my arguement, thats fine. But really - you know whats up.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything like that, but are you saying these things out of fanboyism? Feats from canon storylines are the only ones that have any credibility, unless you base a fight on a character in an otherwise stated universe. And are you only saying his fight with Ryu would be similar to the one he had with Fei Long from the Street Fighter 2 animated movie because in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Iron Fist's special moves are slightly modeled after his from Street Fighter 4? I love both characters, but Iron Fist would take this. Iron Fist is just as dedicated and discilplined in martial arts and fighting as Ryu is. Just because he's in a superhero universe doesn't make him any less than that.

#37 Posted by Needlebay (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Ryu are we using? If it's anime version, I'll go with him.

#38 Posted by Cochise (707 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu has a better ranged game, seeing how everything is fairly equal that should give him the majority.

#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist

#40 Posted by Needlebay (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cochise said:

Ryu has a better ranged game, seeing how everything is fairly equal that should give him the majority.

Yup. He can probably take more damage as well.

#41 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny is leagues above Ryu at the moment.

And please never use video game or other medium stats to back something up, that's like me calling in top trump stats.

#42 Posted by Needlebay (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray said:

Danny is leagues above Ryu at the moment.

And please never use video game or other medium stats to back something up, that's like me calling in top trump stats.

The Udon comic versions? I'd agree, but not anime versions.

#43 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

@jaywray said:

Danny is leagues above Ryu at the moment.

And please never use video game or other medium stats to back something up, that's like me calling in top trump stats.

The Udon comic versions? I'd agree, but not anime versions.

If you could link me to a video that puts Ryu even close to destroying a helicarrier that'd be great thanks, I've watched my fair share of SF anime, but being completely honest I've missed a few I'm sure.

#44 Posted by Cochise (707 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist didn't destroy a helicarrier, he cracked its tarmac.

#45 Posted by Needlebay (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray said:

@Needlebay said:

@jaywray said:

Danny is leagues above Ryu at the moment.

And please never use video game or other medium stats to back something up, that's like me calling in top trump stats.

The Udon comic versions? I'd agree, but not anime versions.

If you could link me to a video that puts Ryu even close to destroying a helicarrier that'd be great thanks, I've watched my fair share of SF anime, but being completely honest I've missed a few I'm sure.

The SNK vs Capcom comic had Ryu punch through reality. he's also walked through bullets and can read chi, so he knows what the opponent will do next. Hell, in Udon comics when Chun Li and Cammy fought, they were damaging multiple cars and kicking each other in the air. They were high street level, IMO. And they weren't as powerful as Ryu, of course.

#46 Posted by Army2442 (1799 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say ryu but hes no feats......

#47 Posted by jaywray (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cochise said:

Iron Fist didn't destroy a helicarrier, he cracked its tarmac.

Sorry about that, my mistake, I wasn't actually talking about a helicarrier, I was talking about this other rather large ship and got confused.

@Needlebay said:

The SNK vs Capcom comic had Ryu punch through reality. he's also walked through bullets and can read chi, so he knows what the opponent will do next. Hell, in Udon comics when Chun Li and Cammy fought, they were damaging multiple cars and kicking each other in the air. They were high street level, IMO. And they weren't as powerful as Ryu, of course.

When you say punching through reality, I'm just guessing from the title of it, it's a weak reality?

I mean it's a cross over I'm assuming, so is the reality breaking down or something and that's how he's doing it? If not.... that's just stupid, but ill not argue against it.

#48 Posted by Needlebay (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

@Army2442 said:

I want to say ryu but hes no feats......

No feats?

#49 Posted by Needlebay (1938 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaywray said:

@Cochise said:

Iron Fist didn't destroy a helicarrier, he cracked its tarmac.

Sorry about that, my mistake, I wasn't actually talking about a helicarrier, I was talking about this other rather large ship and got confused.

@Needlebay said:

The SNK vs Capcom comic had Ryu punch through reality. he's also walked through bullets and can read chi, so he knows what the opponent will do next. Hell, in Udon comics when Chun Li and Cammy fought, they were damaging multiple cars and kicking each other in the air. They were high street level, IMO. And they weren't as powerful as Ryu, of course.

When you say punching through reality, I'm just guessing from the title of it, it's a weak reality?

I mean it's a cross over I'm assuming, so is the reality breaking down or something and that's how he's doing it? If not.... that's just stupid, but ill not argue against it.

I just heard it from a SF fan, but I'm trying to hunt down the pic.

#50 Posted by Army2442 (1799 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay:Yeah because, hes from a video game that has little to no continuity.