Ryu Hayabusa vs Lighting Bolt (Raiden from MGR).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slimj87d

Both characters get all their Melee equipment, except no True Dragonbalde.

Round 1: No crazy nimpo and No Zandatsu for Raiden.

Round 2: Nimpo allowed Raiden can perform Zandatsu (Zandatsu lets Raiden perform about 150 or more sword strikes in the upper milliseconds).

Round 3: If neither round is fair, then Round 2 again but no Zandatsu.

Round 4: If it's still not fair in the other way, no Nimpo and raiden gets Zandatsu.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By saiyan_earthling
  1. Raiden
  2. Raiden
  3. Either way
  4. Raiden rapes
Avatar image for grandmastersexyhd
Grandmastersexyhd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Grandmastersexyhd

@saiyan_earthling said:

1. Raiden
  2. Raiden
  3. Either way
  4. Raiden rapes
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By slimj87d

@saiyan_earthling: I think without Zandatsu, Raiden isn't much faster than Ryu. Both deflect bullets. Ryu's flying swallow form what I can recall has him fly forward and perform dozens of swings in that split second.

I know Riaden has the sever strength advantage, but remember when he fought SAM he found out that SAM didn't really have many cybernetic enhancements and SAM gave Raiden a bit of a hard time.

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@SlimJ87D said:

@saiyan_earthling: I think without Zandatsu, Raiden isn't much faster than Ryu. Both deflect bullets. Ryu's flying swallow form what I can recall has him fly forward and perform dozens of swings in that split second.

I know Riaden has the sever strength advantage, but remember when he fought SAM he found out that SAM didn't really have many cybernetic enhancements and SAM gave Raiden a bit of a hard time.

Raiden is still fast enough to parry Hayabusa attacks, and don't forget about his Jack the Ripper persona. Raiden still won the 2nd match in the end.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hyperlight

i thought my boy ryu could handle him.... but you all say he loses. he is more powerful than raiden but he doesnt have the speed?

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@Hyperlight: As a Hayabusa fan, he's not as powerful as he looks. He does have the speed, but it's not like Raiden will have a hard time avoiding his attacks. Even with Hayabusa's ninpo, Raiden is still fast enough to dodge them all, and is way too strong, to the point of lifting and throwing Metal Gear Excelsus around, and then destroying it with one of its retractable legs. Raiden also survived the explosion of Excelsus when he got stomped by Senator Armstrong.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Hyperlight

@saiyan_earthling: ......

your messing up my life lol

saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By saiyan_earthling

@Hyperlight said:

@saiyan_earthling: ......

your messing up my life lol

hahaha

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu wins even without Ninpo. He can survive a nuclear blast with nothing but his weapon:

Loading Video...

He also has a skill from Black called Intercept that lets him ignore anything. He just no sells attacks and pretends they didn't happen and attack them back:

Loading Video...

With his Ninpo, this isn't a contest. He can freeze time, transform into light, create doubles of himself that can attack and are immune from harm etc.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Raiden rips his spine

Waay better stats

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

Ryu wins with OP ninpo. He loses without it.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I don't think Ryu is outclassed physically at all. He can parry the massive sword from something bigger than anything Raiden's fought.

Raiden's tanker feat wasn't really a strength feat either. All he did was transfer the weight from himself to the pier he was standing on. Overall it doesn't make much sense physically and it's hard to conclude his strength from that.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu wins even without Ninpo. He can survive a nuclear blast with nothing but his weapon:

Loading Video...

He also has a skill from Black called Intercept that lets him ignore anything. He just no sells attacks and pretends they didn't happen and attack them back:

Loading Video...

With his Ninpo, this isn't a contest. He can freeze time, transform into light, create doubles of himself that can attack and are immune from harm etc.

Which was removed, not mention most of the things listed are gameplay mechanics that have no connection to the story.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MisterGuyMan

@frogdog:

You realize that if we go strictly by plot, Ryu wins because he's literally killing Gods in each of his recent games. In NG he killed the Devil Incarnate. In NG:TDS he killed the Dark Dragon God. In killed a god of fiends. In NG3 he killed a god.

If we're going strictly by plot, Ryu's killed beings way out of Raiden's league. Even the Fiend rulers can throw around tanks like nothing.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog:

You realize that if we go strictly by plot, Ryu wins because he's literally killing Gods in each of his recent games. In NG he killed the Devil Incarnate. In NG:TDS he killed the Dark Dragon God. In killed a god of fiends. In NG3 he killed a god.

If we're going strictly by plot, Ryu's killed beings way out of Raiden's league. Even the Fiend rulers can throw around tanks like nothing.

You do realsie that God is just a title in fiction right? Majority of those Gods, you listed are just immortal demons. Also

Loading Video...

Throwing tanks isn't out of the norm for raiden.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MisterGuyMan

@frogdog:

I know handling tanks isn't outside of Raiden's abilities but I pointed it out to show how even as an apprentice ninja, Ryu was handling tank throwers and Zedonius was bottum rung of the Big Bad guys.

Loading Video...

Yet he's able to destroy over a dozen tanks in a single blast. Again, Zedonius is a small fry compared to the things Ryu kills.

Also the gods I emphasized are actually gods. The Dark Dragon god is the sole surviving dragon god created by the god of Creation that was possessed by the God of Chaos. He's just under the Primordeal Gods. The second end boss, the Archfiend, was was born from the body of the God of Destruction. The third, the Goddess, I'm not too sure what her deal is but she effortlesslessly destroys buildings and she's massive.

Ryu's killed literal gods. He's survived multipled nuclear blasts at point blank range. He parried the sword swing of a diety as big as Godzilla. The nuclear explosion pretty much seals the deal. That's way beyond Raiden's paygrade. Rayden can't survive a nuclear explosion nor can he deal that much damage.

Extremis_Armor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently finished the game(metal gear rising) and I like Raiden, one of my favorites now(Ryu Hayabusa, Dante, Ezio, Raiden) but i still think that Ryu got this fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: @extremis_armor: I don't think ryu is gonna have a chance here. I will give you guys stats. Raiden's speed new form: hypersonic

Raiden's strength: several thousand tons so i'm guessing 3000-5000

Raiden's sword handling, thousands of slashes per second and im not exagerating.

Without za whatever: Still hypersonic but less sword slashing.

Running speed: At the fastest is mach 2 probably not shown in the game.

Skill: well he did trash the most unpredictable attack from monsoon.

Durability: thousand hulk punches on 1 spot but not a dent + giant explosive damage with the strongest punch in that 1 spot without a dent but beaten up and even if ryu does stab him which won't happen raiden does survive.

Metal gears are supposed to be able to survive nuclear wars and exculses was the most recent, though probably not the strongest can survive nuclear wars meaning it can survive a nuke but be mortally wounded. Exculses did get trashed by raiden with the throw but was not wounded but got his blade removed.

If senator did break exculses completely with that punch and exculses is a nuclear weapon capable against a nuclear war means that raiden just survived a concentrated nuke punch.

Mark69707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mark69707

@unknowzillagod:

Ryu killed satan

Mach 2 isn't enough , ryu can teleport and can react to enemy as fast as light

ryu don't throw tanks he slices them

ryu doesn't need robotic scanner , he can sense them

ryu doesn't die he transformed into an eagle and revive himself

dragon sword doesn't break and is capable of broking raiden's sword , it can also harm the magical beings

time stop ftw but lets not ruin it now

ryu can run on lava

those mechs on mg:rising! ryu can slice them too

am I allow to say that zandatsu isn't really going to work here because it gives ryu a chance to decap him ! JUST NO!

THE ONLY ONE CAPABLE OF FAIR FIGHTING RYU IS DANTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark69707: Nope he can't break raiden's sword. The only reason senator was able to break Raiden's sword was because he armor plates were affective against molecular level blades. Explain why Raiden's blade was able to clash against the murasma blade which was the only weapon capable of harming senator also being able to block the giant plasma blade of exculses and in terms of power was able to slice titanium even without touching it especially thick metal. Ryu can react to light but not move as fast. He is able to move to a limit Raiden can slice and dice him up. In terms of durability Ryu just dies in 1 hit. He can't break Raiden's sword. Doktor even stated its almost indestructable. Saying zandatzu is not capable of slicing Ryu up, Raiden does 1000 slices per second with it and that could be faster than light.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark69707: Dante vs Ryu. Just wrong dude Dante can kill Ryu in seconds. Unbelievable of what ur saying. You are too inexperienced from what you are saying.

Mark69707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu die in one hit?

Whatever!

And for time stopping what is he going to do?

Storm of heavenly dragon can cut more than zandatsu

MG bosses are not even hard as ninja gaiden bosses

And raiden s sword cannot harm magical beings

On ninja gaiden 2 NES the sword was capable of bringing back life

Mark69707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mark69707

Ryu also have invincible firewheel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MG bosses are not hard, ur kidding me sattan was only good for bringing his minions. I have to bring this guy @nickzambuto.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu takes it from what I've heard. @vance_astro could give Ryu's feats.

Mark69707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sword was said to be very old too !

That being said it should have broken by now , that show that dragon sword is more powerful than raiden s sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark69707: its more powerful but it seriously can't break Raiden's sword. It's merely impossible unless you are squeezing it in an airtight space having 50,000 tons of power with armor plates even a molecular level of cutting can't break.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By colliderz

Its actually a very close fight

Speed:Ryu. Both have a handful of hypersonic feats but the whole Mach 2 scene in Rising made Raiden loose point

Strenght:Raiden. Ryu has some notable strenght show offs but not even close to what Raiden did with Metal Gears

Durabillity:Ryu tanked a near mountain busting attack end of discussion

Pain tolerance/Endurance:Raiden.Ryu never experienced a beating like Raiden had from Armstrong

Skill/Experience:As much as I know Raiden's training and past life but it can't top Ryu's intense ninja training and more versitile fight experience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colliderz: agree but durability raiden takes this. If you played the metal gear games it was stated in peacewalker that it would take an atomic bomb to crack it's shell and it was still 1974 metal gear tech. Peacewalker>nuke.

Past the 21st century of metal gear came more advanced armor and tech of metal gear solid which they already stated metal gears are nuclear weapons and metal gear rex even has stealth nukes. Rex > peacewalker > nuke

Now the tech in 2018 of metal gear came exculses which was made to destroy the growing population of cyborgs and had plasma blades and nuclear weapons even contains some missiles though not used in the game. Its an extremely advanced metal gear the biggest so far. Raiden in his inferior form was able to take down metal gear ray with ease. With Raiden's new body no doubt was around 5x stronger in every way including speed, strength and durability but it was more challenging to fight exculses who was no doubt 10x stronger than ray and rex. It was also tunneling underground without effort using its armor and legs with no digging materials. 50,000 ton exculses is also quite agile being able to get itself back up and legs strong enough to tunnel through the earth.

So from what i can sum up with metal gear explanation

Exculses >>>>>> Ray = Rex > peacewalker > nuke.

And how armstrong one shotted metal gear exculses which can survive a couple nukes, Raiden's durability is very top notch to mountain busting for he did go through really big beatings by armstrong in addition to armstrong's punch ( Or i can say from what i summed up as a concentrated nuke punch ) directly to Raiden's chest I would say Raiden's durability is way ahead to Ryu's durability)

This explanation should convince you that Raiden's durability is way ahead of Ryu's.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MG bosses are not hard, ur kidding me sattan was only good for bringing his minions. I have to bring this guy @nickzambuto.

Unfortunately I've never played the Ninja Gaiden games so I can't make a call on whether he's stronger than Raiden or not. I'm also in the minority of people who actually don't think Raiden is quite as strong as everyone else does, so you're better off calling in someone like @tparks

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unknowzillagod: Well can you show me where its been stated it sounds like a hyperbole since IIRC Snake was destroying Zeke with using RPGs

Zazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of Ryu's feats posted in this thread match up to Raiden.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unknowzillagod: Well can you show me where its been stated it sounds like a hyperbole since IIRC Snake was destroying Zeke with using RPGs

Metal Gears cannot withstand nukes. However the stronger ones like REX and RAY were totally immune to rockets and grenades, according to Otacon nothing short of a HEAT missile would even scratch their armor, and Excelsus is several times more powerful than either of them.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: I know this is a year old, but... lightning bolt? Seriously?

Mark69707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please what about time stop?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@unknowzillagod said:

Unfortunately I've never played the Ninja Gaiden games so I can't make a call on whether he's stronger than Raiden or not. I'm also in the minority of people who actually don't think Raiden is quite as strong as everyone else does, so you're better off calling in someone like @tparks

I don't remember Ryu ever doing anything that put his strength at Raiden levels. Those games were so frustratingly hard that I could have just buried those memories though. Lol.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@nickzambuto: SHUT UP! It sounded cool at the time!

I don't believe that the definition of cool could have so drastically changed in just over one year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I actually called you in not to compete with ninja gaiden but to retaliate on someone saying MG bosses are not hard. Monsoon for example is not what you call not hard. I thought when i played the game Raiden's ripper mode will make this easy but no. Just no.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I actually called you in not to compete with ninja gaiden but to retaliate on someone saying MG bosses are not hard. Monsoon for example is not what you call not hard. I thought when i played the game Raiden's ripper mode will make this easy but no. Just no.

I don't really see what difficulty has to do with power, it's all game mechanics. DMC is known to be one of the hardest game franchises around yet we know that in lore Dante does almost everything with ease.

Regardless, Revengeance was an extremely difficult game, whoever says otherwise is just straight up lying. Armstrong is known for being absolutely merciless.

Avatar image for deadliestwarriors
DeadliestWarriors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu

Avatar image for master_ryukenden
Master_Ryukenden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Master_Ryukenden

Ryu. Piercing Void Ninpo. One hit kills to Raiden. True Inferno Ninpo, eats Raiden. True Dragon Sword. While only affecting evil, if Raiden holds it the loophole sets in and his soul is devoured instantly. TDS also boosts Ryu's power and abilities to Godly levels, as the blade's power flows through him as well.

LiquidNazo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round1- either way, ryu has an edge

Round 2- Ryu, not a stomp.

Round 3- Ryu stomps

Round4- Rayden stomps.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know who wins. I'm torn.

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu can time stop, Raiden have any time hacks around that?