Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Batman would Win if you don't Nerf his TP, being attacked on two fronts is hard to deal with, especially with Speed being equalized.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu is still stronger and Batman has no answer to his ninjutsu.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heinrich7

Isn't Batman one million better and more knowledgeable than Karate Kid at martial arts? Someone who has fought Krptonians and Daxamites?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Batman one million better and more knowledgeable than Karate Kid at martial arts? Someone who has fought Krptonians and Daxamites?

By timeline, yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc
deactivated-57d17cb96c7fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither by feats nor statements is he better than Karate Kid.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Batman does have an answer to ninjutsu, it so happens to also be ninjutsu.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heinrich7 said:

Okay thanks for clearing that up. I do recall he is in that ballpark though, if so he takes this with little effort.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:
@heinrich7 said:

Okay thanks for clearing that up. I do recall he is in that ballpark though, if so he takes this with little effort.

Going by feats and statements he's nowhere in the ballpark.

Heck, he only has one martial art related feat.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Batgod wins. And ninjitsu isn't the greatest Martial Art......Jeet Kune Do is.

And i think the CV thread on him says he's "the greatest Martial artist DC universe will ever know, surpassing even the karate kid".

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Batgod wins. And ninjitsu isn't the greatest Martial Art......Jeet Kune Do is.

And i think the CV thread on him says he's "the greatest Martial artist DC universe will ever know, surpassing even the karate kid".

A made up statement considering the fact that that was never stated in the comics.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SladeWilstomp

@mysticmedivh: I'm just pointing that out, and besides people have pulled that card on me before and said it was legitimate.

Besides he still has mastered over 1000 Martial arts including psychic and alien

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I'm just pointing that out, and people have pulled that card on me before and said it was legitimate.

Besides he still has mastered over 1000 Martial arts including psychic and alien

Despite the fact that that never happened in the comics either. Another made up statement.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: That one did happen. He uses a psychic kick that he learn from a octopus race.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: That one did happen. He uses a psychic kick that he learn from a octopus race.

Yes and no.

To quote Batman's own words: "This is a martial arts move developed by a telepathic species of octopus."

Knowing a single technique is not the same as mastering a martial art which you said he knew thousands of.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Its on every thread about him so it had to come from somewhere and knowing a human being knowing a psychic kick, which should be impossible, by itself shows a great level of Martial artist mastery.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Its on every thread about him so it had to come from somewhere and knowing a human being knowing a psychic kick, which should be impossible, by itself shows a great level of Martial artist mastery.

Of course it came from somewhere, though I believe that somewhere was merely speculation in someones mind.

This is comics. Fiction. Iron Fist shooting blasts out his palms despite being a human is "impossible" if we want to take it realistically.

It's an impressive technique, but being able to perform a single technique or move does not mean you know an entire martial art.

If you can you should check out DC One Million. Come to your own conclusion.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Well he's surpassed original batman is one of DCs greatest. And knowing a move such as that still no matter what is a great symbol of skill. And I highly doubt that he studied only one technique. And he's effortlessly beaten every opponent he's fought in h2h.

I've already read 1 million and have come to my conclusion a while ago.

My opinion still stands that he beats ryu.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mysticmedivh

@sladewilstomp said:

@mysticmedivh: Well he's surpassed original batman is one of DCs greatest. And knowing a move such as that still no matter what is a great symbol of skill. And I highly doubt that he studied only one technique. And he's effortlessly beaten every opponent he's fought in h2h.

You read it? Great. Not sure why you said he knew a thousand martial arts though.

Don't worry. I highly doubt that too. He's probably very proficient in martial arts.

Remind me who he's fought h2h again. Some Gothan city thugs ... and featless fodder?

You see, the problem here is that he lacks feats. The guy needs more showings and he has the potential to be a strong character in his own right in the battles. Without adequate feats it becomes speculation. From person to person his overall level changes. You can't just say he's no good and would get one-shot by the Joker, but at the same time you can't say he's as good as Karate Kid who actually has some impressive feats. It's hard to gauge him if you know what I'm trying to say.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I said it because every site says that about him and I wanted learn more of him.

He put down batman though he did catch him off guard. And this man (forget his name)

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4650437-4980585442-45173.jpg

I do know what your saying and I understand completely. But he's taken up the mantle of the batman and even gone beyond that. He even has an IQ of 1045. Most people on here use the CV Batman 1 million thread as a good source.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mysticmedivh

@sladewilstomp said:

@mysticmedivh: I said it because every site says that about him and I wanted learn more of him.

He put down batman though he did catch him off guard. And this man (forget his name)

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4650437-4980585442-45173.jpg

I do know what your saying and I understand completely. But he's taken up the mantle of the batman and even gone beyond that. He even has an IQ of 1045. Most people on here use the CV Batman 1 million thread as a good source.

Yes. Batman himself admitted that he was "sucker kicked".

That's him punching Starman One Million. He punched Starman because he betrayed the JLA. It's not really a H2H showing. Starman didn't even fight back.

I have a Batman One Million respect thread if you're interested.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: still punching someone of that power and making him bleed is rather impressive.

I'll read the respect thread but with almost everyone using his h2h mastery as legitimate fact it's hard to argue. If you've become more then was already near perfection then its assumabley better.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: still punching someone of that power and making him bleed is rather impressive.

I'll read the respect thread but with almost everyone using his h2h mastery as legitimate fact it's hard to argue. If you've become more then was already near perfection then its assumabley better.

From what I understand super durability/invulnerability isn't one of his powers. He's a human and his powers come from the rod he holds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman One Million curbstomps, he has soul stealing hax, telepathy and is a better fighter than karate kid which means he can beat up Kryptonians... Ryu never stood a chance

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Heinrich7

@mkgod said:

is a better fighter than karate kid

Jury is out on that one. He may not be a better martial artist than Karate Kid, but nonetheless I think he wins this fight effortlessly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Your lame attempts to low ball Batman 1M are pathetic

NightBreakerEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NightBreakerEX

ok 1st thing why make a vs about a character if you know nothing about him

2nd Ryu power is not his ninpo so speed power and reaction has nothing to with his speed and power or Reaction

3rd Ryu Hayabusa would beat most DC Heroes why i tell how strong and fast he is if you read the novels manga and playd the games

Powers 1st reaction speed light speed in the manga Ryu Dodge light based attack from a demon god with no efforts react with no effort from light speed attacks

Power 2nd Ryu can lift up 100k tons in the Novels he get crush by a Mountain fighting a Demon Lord he lift a part of it when he almost got crush mountain as big a mount fuji dont know the real weight of Mount Fuji

Power 3 ha can cut a Meteor in half during one the mangas a meteor was heading for Hayabusa Village so Ryu use hes Ninpo to Ride the fire Dragon close out of space and cut it in half using True Dragon Sword meteor made him look a small stone on it

power 4 Ninpos i know they cant be used here but if they where he would solo most of DC and Marvel

Ninpo

Ninpo is the spiritual arts of the ninja, allowing the caster to manipulate the very laws of nature, physics, even time, in contrast to Ninjutsu's martial arts. Ninpo require intensive meditative focus to master, as well as secret instructions to initiate them which are usually found in ancient scrolls. Ryu has mastered many of these Ninpo Arts and learned to perform them while on and in water after the Dark Dragon Incident. Ryu's powerful spirit further increases the power of these Ninpo.

• Art of the Fire Wheels: Ryu focuses his mind on spiritual waveforms around himself and focuses his Ki energy into the waveforms, creating fire wheels that encircle him. This is mostly a defensive ninpo used as a shield in the heat of battle but also has a very important function: entrapping large enemies in the fire wheels, resulting in constant damage to them.
  • Art of Flying Fire Wheels: A variation of the fire wheel art, except Ryu mentally focuses the circling flames in an upwards direction once they form. (Exclusive to the NES Ninja Gaiden trilogy)
  • Art of the Flame Phoenix: This Ninpo art allows Ryu to convert his Ki to summon the sacred spirits of phoenixes who protect him with their holy flames. It is similar to the Art of the Fire Wheels except it lasts longer. However, the length of time this ninpo is active for diminishes as the phoenix spirits take damage.
  • Art of the Inferno: Focusing his mind, Ryu creates flames that envelop him and then uses his telekinetic ability to control these flames. Over the course of his journeys, Ryu has varied this Ninpo, mastering it into a deadlier form each time. Originally it was an enveloping flame Ryu focused into a fireball and blasted it into his opponent. Later on it evolved into a large ball of fire that would move where ever Ryu willed it, and hot enough burn through steel-like substances. Finally Ryu perfected the art, matching the flames of a dragon's breath. In this variation Ryu would form multiple dragon flame like fireballs over his head, and send them slamming down on any enemy unlucky enough to get caught in the blast.
    • Art of the True Inferno: The "perfect" version of the Art of the Inferno. While performing this, Ryu transforms into a flame dragon that swallows his enemies whole.
  • Art of the Ice Storm: By manipulating the atmospheric conditions around him, a vertical whirlwind of ice emerges encircling Ryu. Any enemy caught in this Ice Storm will be frozen in place as ice shards repeatedly pierce into them. Later Ryu improves his skill with this art to the point that he is able to launch ice shards in which ever direction his mind wills it to. Out of battle it can be used to put out fire barriers.
  • Art of the Hurricane: Concentrating on manipulating the air in front of him in a spinning motion Ryu creates a twister, which leaves a path of devastation for enemies caught in the twister as Ryu guides it's movements with his mind. Outside of battles it is used to turn ancient wind turbines found in ruins. (Exclusive to Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword)
  • Art of the Wind Blades: 1-3 sharp waves of vacuum are created and amplified as Ryu moves his arms at lightning fast speeds, they then radiate outwards in the directions Ryu swings his arms, slicing everything in their path. Crowds of enemies caught directly in the path of these vacuum blades are cut to pieces while those on the outer edge only lose a limb or two.

Art of the Inazuma

• Art of the Inazuma: Amplifying the bio electric currents in his body, Ryu is able to quickly charge up electricity in his body, which is then instantly blasted outwards as lightning striking all enemies in the vicinity. Outside of battle this is used to destroy large boulders. Ryu gains the ninpo scroll for this ability after defeating the gigantic Inazuma worm.
  • Art of Divine Life: By concentrating and focusing ki into healing energy with his mind, Ryu is able to turn ki energy into blue essence, fully restoring his spiritual health. (Exclusive to Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword)
  • Art of the Piercing Void: The most destructive ninpo in Ryu's arsenal. Ryu first focuses his telekinetic energy created by centripetal vibrations in his lower dantian or ki focal point, then forms the energy using gravitational wavespropagated from his conscious spirit, resulting in a rotating black hole trapped inside a semi permeable spiritual force field that keeps it stable. Because of the semi permeable nature of the force field around the black hole, time space fluctuations occur around the black hole as Ryu sends it flying off, it's gravitational pull is great enough to rip the environment around it apart and pull debris encircling into the black hole as it speeds away. Enemies caught in its path are instantly destroyed, even piercing through multiple enemies before dissipating. Most boss enemies can survive the black hole, but suffer massive damage, leaving them vulnerable to a finishing blow.

Unique Ninpo & Abilities

• Time Stop (JP) Time Freeze (NA): This item was only used in Ninja Gaiden (NES). By collecting this, Ryu is able to temporary freeze normal enemies and their shots in place for 5 seconds, while he is able to continue to move about freely with no resistance. Despite its name, the item doesn't affect the game's timer.
  • Sword Extension Wave: This is the unique ability for Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom. With it every slash of Ryu's Dragon Sword is sharp and fast enough to produce cutting vacuum wave, extending the range of the Dragon Sword.
  • Flying Jump: A special jump where Ryu tenses his legs slightly and then springs high up into the air, the vast distances of these jump heights range from tall buildings to partial or full heights of a volcano. In one instance it was high enough to battle 3 jets while free falling from high up, seemingly like a Peregrine Falcon as the name Hayabusa suggests.
  • Flying Earth Platforms: Through special Ninpo chants and concentration Ryu was able to summon flying platforms from the earth that moved to the will of his mind, giving him a chance against the Vigoor Emperor's size advantage during the battle. Ryu's control over the earth platforms was great enough to have a second back up flying platform catch him if he were to be knocked off his current platform. This is likely possible through the combination of telekinesis and gravitational distortions similar to the Art of the Piercing Void.
  • Blink: Seen mostly in Dead or Alive, it is Ryu's ability to dash a distances instantaneously during a fight, sometimes leaving smoke or leaves in the wake of his Blinks. Other Dead or Alive ninja characters are sometimes seen using this move as well, particularly Kasumi who leaves a trail of cherry blossom petals as she Blinks, while the other ninja characters Ayane and Hayate do not Blink on the scale of Kasumi and Ryu.
  • Teleport: The long distance teleport instantaneously used more in travel than battle. Having used the Twin Serpent statue's teleportation portal to teleport vast distance, Ryu gains the ability teleport long distances similarly, using it at the end of the Dark Dragon Blade Incident. In Dead or Alive he is often seen teleporting into and out of battles, even teleporting with Kasumi in and out of fights when partnered with her.
  • Wall Cling: Ryu's ability to cling to walls in Ninja Gaiden (NES), either using concealed teko-kagi or vander waals force given his ability to manipulate his internal bio electric currents. With this he can ascend walls by jumping back and forth between two walls similar to the flying bird flip.
  • Wall Climb: Upgraded wall cling allowing Ryu to climb up and down walls, he uses this in the NES Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3.
  • Kunai Climb: Ryu's wall climbing ability introduced in Ninja Gaiden 3, where he scales walls using two kunai blades in each hand.
  • Falcon Dive: A move from Ninja Gaiden 3 where Ryu dives down from high places usually tall buildings, it is used to ambush enemies from the air. Ryu is seen gliding through the air in many cutscenes prior.

Ryu using his heal ability to revive Ayane.

• Heal: Ryu's ability to instantly heal dying allies by placing his hand over the top of them and blasting them with healing energy for a few seconds. It is only used in co-op mode for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
  • Hayabusa Spirit: This is the guardian animal spirit that helps resurrect Ryu after he dies from being sliced in half by the Dark Dragon Blade. Its ethereal spirit form is seen merged within Ryu, its corporeal physical form can be seen after Ryu disappears into the night. Ryu sometimes drops a few of peregrine falcon feathers in his wake. It serves as the force of Ryu's Indomitable Will, as he is able to overcome any challenge presented.

Transformation: Ryu has the ability to transform into the spirit of the Falcon.

• Grip of Murder: A deadly Slavic curse used by the members of the Lords of Alchemy on victims they're trying to eliminate. Ryu received the curse from the Regent of the Mask. The Curse grants Ryu incredible attack power, able to kill an enemy in one strike when active. However, each killing will bring more pain to Ryu and eventually, he will die from it. The Curse was removed by the Regent after his final fight with Ryu. (Only used in Ninja Gaiden 3)
  • Cicada Surge: A short range teleport frequently compared to the duplicate technique, it is actually unique to the Hayabusa clan.
  • Ultimate Ninpo: A powerful Ninpo spell that can be used by all of the playable cast of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, in which the casters stand back to back, recite an incantation and summon a portal from which a massive energy comes crashing down, creating an enormous explosion that affects everything around the casters destroying regular enemies and heavily injuring boss enemies, while the casters themselves are unharmed.
  • Blood of the Ryujin (Dragon Gods): Those of the Dragon Lineage possess the blood of the 12 Dragon Gods flowing through their veins. This blood has been shown to have mystical and powerful qualities, as it resurrected the Archfiend Vazdah into his true form after being slain by Ryu in the events of Ninja Gaiden 2. And being able to create the powerful clone of Ryu, the Epigonos, in Ninja Gaiden 3. The Dragon Gods blood also grants descendants of the Dragon lineage such as Ryu a superiorly higher potential to gain superhuman physical abilities as well as a stronger spiritual affinity for mystical arts such as Ninpo. The Lords of Alchemy even went to tremendous length of sacrificing numerous soldiers and resources just to acquire a sample of Ryu's blood in order to further empower the Goddess.

other powers

General

Disarming a Van Gelf.

Trained intensely from childhood in the ways of Hayabusa Ninjutsu, Ryu had to adapt to survive the harsh ninja life and live up to a birthright placed upon him. Eventually he earned the right to bear the Hayabusa clan legacy in his name and excelled as a top student amongst his peers, gaining skills and abilities that are signature of the Hayabusa Clan Ninja.

• Agility: Ryu is able to move at lightning fast speeds, leaving after images of himself when taking out enemies in a blink of an eye. His reflexes are immensely sharp, even faster than bullet time, allowing him to effortlessly block bullets from multiple automatic assault rifles shooting at him from all directions. Ryu is also able to successfully dodge and even outrun Surface-to-Air Missiles (which fly at Mach 3-6), and even react to seemingly instantaneous things, such as enemies' teleportation, or the Blinks of his foes. Ryu is even able to outrun the likes of a Giganotosaurus, as well as multiple missiles being dropped on him and the ensuing explosions(Explosions usually travel near the local speed of sound). He was able to dodge and react to ranged lightning attacks from Alexei. Ryu was capable of reacting to quantum interactions that appear at the speed of light in the simulator VR create by Lovelace, as well as seemingly teleport while in combat. Ryu is also able to outpace beams of light from searchlights while water running, in the jungles of South America. His dexterity and agility is trained to sheer perfection. In combat, he is extraordinarily evasive, able to utterly outfast highly agile Black Spider Ninjas and speed type Fiends,even defend and counter their incredibly quick attacks.
  • Strength: Ryu has immense superhuman strength, able to lift huge weapons with ease, as well as cutting through thick tank steel and jets in half with his legendary Dragon Sword. He is also able to easily and quickly wield hefty weapons such as the Dabilahro, Enma's Fang and the gigantic Eclipse Scythe while maintaining high levels of speed and agility, with only slight difficulties of struggling to keep balance during long swings. For short movements, Ryu is able to move the 100 lbs Dabilahro fast enough to block bullets shooting at him from all sides with multiple automatic assault rifles. In addition, Ryu is also able to break out of the likes of a T-Rex's foot from crushing him, the jaws of powerful beasts and demons, and the grips of his enemies, as well as slam an opponent hard enough to shatter their skull. Ryu can block immensely powerful strikes from the colossal Goddess who has supernatural strength and powerful enough to destroy and cut through skyscrapers, as well as having enough strength to give a kick powerful enough to hurt or even behead an enemy in one blow. The force Ryu applies into his weapon strikes are powerful enough to cause significant damage to the Greater Fiends and even the Archfiend Vazdah. He could also bisect the Giant sized Goddess from the right shoulder down to the hip with the Blade of the Archfiend.
  • Stealth: A specialized ninja skill, Ryu is able to infiltrate many areas skillfully, including heavily guarded territories, observing things undetected from afar, and sneaking up on enemies to perform stealth kills. He also has the ability to seemingly turn invisible, aiding him in his stealth.
  • Acrobatics: Another ninja specialized skill, this skill enables Ryu to use his ninja acrobatics to move about his environments and surroundings, reaching places that would normally be unreachable by others such as non-ninja.[1] He is also able to land in such a way that he is unharmed from drops of great heights, including heights exceeding 1000 ft. Ryu is also capable of adapting acrobatics into fighting, able to evade multiple enemies from all directions and counterattack just as quickly. His acrobatic prowess is immense even by the standards of well trained Ninjas; Ryu could jump and leap enormous heights and distances, as well as scale and fit through the most complex and dangerous terrains and environments. His most prominent feat of acrobatics is to jump between two jets in mid flight in order to reach the Black Narwhal.
  • Senses: Honed from childhood, each of Ryu's 5 senses have become extremely acute, most notable of which are his ability to feel displacements through the air, focus his eyes to zoom into targets from afar, and accurately detect the sound of slight far off footsteps in the midst of being next to a body of running water. With the help of items such as the Owl's Eye, Ryu can see in pitch black darkness. Due to his intense mental training, Ryu possess a superhuman state of mentality, his perception of the world around him being much greater than a normal person, making him extremely alert to danger, allowing him to react to things most cannot. He also possesses nearly unbreakable concentration, being able to focus on other tasks such as regeneration in the midst of battle, and even possessing willpower and discipline great enough to break through the effects of illusions and curses.
  • Stamina: Ryu possesses enormous amount of superhuman stamina. He is able to fend off large arenas and areas filled with enemies continuously without tiring. Ryu is able to physically exert himself for extremely extended periods of time far beyond that of a normal human, before fatigue toxins begin to impair his abilities. Even while cursed with the Grip of Murder, Ryu was able to defend himself against some foes when the curse would flare up, despite the immense amount of pain that nearly crippled him. Ryu can be dipped in lava and walk for a long time without tiring. Ryu has virtually never shown a sign of fatigue against great adversity.
  • Ninja Sense: A 6th sense possessed by the ninja, allowing them to sense potential enemies and dangers around them, often guiding them in a direction towards a main objective.
  • Hand-to-Hand: One of the world's top hand-to-hand combatants and supreme master in Hayabusa style ninjutsu, Ryu has proven his mighty skill during the second Dead Or Alive tournament by defeating the Tengu of Destruction in hand-to-hand combat, preventing the world from being plunged further into chaos by the monstrous creature. Ryu has also studied other forms of Martial Arts to further increase and refine the versality of his Ninjutsu based fighting style . His reaction, execution time, dexterity in punching,kicking and grappling throws are all hone to utmost perfection , making him a perfectly balanced fighter in offense and defense and his mix-up ability is excellent. His mix-ups and "surprise" attacks keep many opponents guessing which angle or height he will strike from. Ryu's immense hand to hand combat skills also allow him to maximize the full lethality of the Falcon's Talons when used allow him to decimate numerous skilled Black Spider Ninjas and ferocious Fiends effortlessly.
  • Weapon Master: In addition to the katana, a Samurai skill assimilated into the Hayabusa clan and mixed with ninja acrobatics, Ryu has completely mastered many other weapons including weapons that are difficult to wield such as the customized Tonfa and Kusari-Gama , quickly becoming skilled and masterful with any new weapon he picks up. Ryu often pushes his weapons to their physical limits, requiring the skilled master weapon smith Muramasa to upgrade these weapons so he may push their boundaries even further. Able to combat opponents advanced to fencing as Genshin,Yaiba or the Regent of the mask
  • Master Swordsman : Ryu is an exceptional master swordsman able to wield mystical blades such as the True Dragon Sword and the Blade of the Archfiend with tremendous dexterity and precision,his mastery of the sword is supreme being able to defeat Genshin,the Supreme Ninja Overlord of the Black Spider Ninja Clan and Yaiba the Demon Ninja of the Kamikaze Ninja Clan in a sword fight.
  • Master Marksman : Ryu is a tremendously skilled marksman, having learnt archery from Omitsu the Hayabusa Clan's legendary master archer,and is able to fire arrows with deadly accuracy even from vast distances as shown when Ryu precisely shoot down one of the many hordes Juvenile Quetzalcoatls flying in the skies of New York City from the top of a skyscraper,Ryu is also highly proficient in Shurikenjutsu, he is able to hurl shurikens with sufficient velocity and precision to kill LOA Soldiers who were holding Mizuki hostage utterly outfast the modern firearms that they are armed with.
  • Ki Manipulation: Through intense meditation and spiritual training, Ryu has gained the ability to manipulate the laws of nature with his mind. Appearing as magic to those out of tune with the universe, this Ninja art is known as Ninpo and techniques for them are usually found written in ancient scrolls or passed down from generation to generation.

Dismembered by Doku.

• Regeneration: Being more in tune with his spiritual side, Ryu has developed a immensely higher than usual spiritual life force or health. By manipulating this tremendous spiritual life, Ryu is able to regenerate from wounds that would otherwise be fatal, such as a slice through the jugular or a stab through a vital organ like the heart. Ryu also has a higher durability and endurance than the average human; this endurance is increased further with the Life of the Gods. Once his spiritual health is depleted he would be unable to heal from wounds. However, spiritual health can be replenished with the aid of elixirs, herbs, blue essence, Dragon Statues and even his spiritual animal, the Falcon. The full extent of this ability is unknown, but in the most extreme case Ryu has managed to hold his body together and come back to life after being dismembered from shoulder to hip by Doku via the Dark Dragon Blade early on during the Dark Dragon Blade Incident. Ryu could also regenerate his spiritual life and maximum Ninpo if health reaches zero.
  • Durability: His durability is at a extraordinary superhuman level. Ryu's endurance augmented with his unique regeneration ability allows Ryu to survive many hazards such as a barrage of bullets, fatal stabbings, rockets & explosives, and being submerged in pools of acid & molten lava without any lasting damage to his body. Ryu is also able to easily withstand magical fireballs, razor sharp winds, demonic beams and flying blunt objects like large telekinetically thrown pillars. Ryu's endurance can increased further with the Life of the Gods. Ryu is highly resistant to extremely deadly toxins, such as the Devil Way Mushrooms, which contain highly toxic poisons, although Ryu consumes them rather easily. Ryu also possesses a extremely high resistance to intoxicants and drugs, as it took enough tranquilizer to bring down a scientifically enhanced Giganotosaurus to knock Ryu out momentarily. Ryu perhaps has an immunity to time manipulation. Suggested by the NES games, in which the Time Stop ability does not freeze Ryu. He can survive explosions at close range and being chewed by dragons. Ryu also managed to survive an explosion large enough to cover the diameter of Mount Fuji which is about 20-30 miles long without any scratch. Can take a lot of destructive damage against a Supreme deity. Ryu would be able to resist deformation of the reality of the Vigoor Emperor. Ryu can also be crushed and milled in the hands of big demons and be violently thrown to the ground. Ryu could survive having a chainsaw revved up in his innards by a Spriggan, only to knock it away and resume battle. He can survive being violently stabbed by enemies that pin him down, resuming battle as if he were fine. Ryu survived the curse of Doku retaining his humanity and rejecting the powers of the Fiends.
  • Spiritual Life Regeneration: Ryu is able to regenerate his spiritual life by concentrating to focus his energy after battles and gain some of his lost spiritual life back.[2]
  • Ninjutsu: Ryu is extraordinarily skilled in the art of Ninjutsu,being the most powerful and skilled Ninja the Hayabusa Clan has ever produced, his skill far exceeding the rank of a Master Ninja.
  • Technique/Ninpo Creation: Ryu 's understanding of Ninpo is great enough to create his own Ninpo, and abilities at random. Examples of this skill are his spontaneous creation of the Art of the Floating Earth Platforms, the Flying Jump, and Art of the True Inferno. Ryu usually creates these abilities in last ditch efforts to defeat foes of great power.

Techniques

These are the many tactical skills utilized by Ryu in battles and in navigating through hazardous environments. Ryu starts off with most of these techniques. However, some require the purchase of a scroll or a special event to learn.

• Wind Run Technique: Able to blindly sense where his enemies are, Ryu will quickly home in on the nearest enemy, even if out of his line of sight.
  • Wind Path: Ryu uses his opponent's head as a footstool to jump off of. He also shows an adapted version of this move during the DOA tournaments, jumping off his opponent's head with such force that it sends his opponent face planting head first into the ground.
  • Guillotine Throw: Ryu jumps over his opponent, grabbing them by the head against his shoulder and then does a centrifugal flip, throwing his opponent a long distance or slamming hard into a wall. It can also be initiated through the use of his Wind Run Technique. This is one of his throws in the Dead or Alive Series. (First introduced in Ninja Gaiden (Arcade))
  • Thunderclap Kick: Ryu jumps kicks forward two times while dashing, knocking his opponent over. In Dead or Alive series it's called Kikoku-Shintei Kyaku, and Ryu can kick up to three times. This technique appear again when Ryu uses the Tonfas in Ninja Gaiden II and its remakes. (Appears in the Dead or Alive series and Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) and its remakes.)
  • Double Jump: After his first jump, Ryu is able to jump again without a need for physical structures to push off of. Ryu has only been shown performing this move in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword.
  • Flying Bird Flip: While running up a wall, Ryu does a back flip jumping up further, he uses this technique to scale walls by jumping in between two walls until he reaches the top. During the Dead Or Alive tournament, he adapted this move by jumping on top of his opponent and locking his feet on the head and then back flipping his opponent. This variation is similar to the Guillotine Throw but instead of tossing his opponent, Ryu slams them into the ground while standing above them with his arms crossed.

Decapitating a Werewolf

• Water Running: Ryu's ability to run and fight on the surface of deep bodies of water, similar to a Basilisk Lizard.
  • Shadowless Footsteps: Better known as wall running, it is a basic ninja technique.
  • The Invisible Path: Wall running and then jumping from one wall to the other while still wall running.
  • Unrivaled Soaring: Similar to the Invisible Path Technique, except Ryu wall runs around a room from corner to corner scaling a tall building's interior.
  • Reverse Wind Technique: A dodging maneuver, it originally started out as a roll, but evolved into a ninja dash technique. It is now a ninja slide which Ryu can use offensively to initiate an attack, capable of stunning weaker enemies.
  • Furious Wind Technique: Similar to the Reverse Wind Technique, while blocking an attack that is landing, Ryu is able to quickly dodge the attack. This technique is used by Ryu when his guard is broken to dodge any further attacks.
  • Counter Attack/Sabaki: While blocking an attack, Ryu quickly launches a counterattack, attacking when his enemy is still recoiling from the strike.
  • Intercept: A special technique where Ryu intercepts an attack just as it is about to land, resulting in a slight blue flash and preventing him from receiving any damage. This technique is even able to cancel damage from fireballs, flying pillars and rockets. It is also able to charge an instant Ultimate Technique if there is enough essence floating around to fuel it, making it the ultimate counterattack.
    (Only available in Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) with the Hurricane Pack downloaded)
  • Projectile Deflection: Carefully timing a slash, Ryu is able to deflect projectiles such as arrows and fireballs back at his enemies. (Only available in Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword)
  • Violent Wind: While running Ryu quickly does a ninja dash and slashes his enemy at blinding speed. Ryu does a similar move during the Dead Or Alive tournament, using his arm instead of a sword to slash his opponent as he dashes through them, he also does a double dash as a tag team move if his partner is Kasumi.
  • Violent Gale: Multiples of the Violent Wind Technique, Ryu slashes over and over with blinding speed.
  • Flying Swallow: Ryu jumps forward into the air and propels himself at his opponent in a lightning fast slash, sometimes using his Blink technique to aid in increasing his speed.
  • Flock of Flying Swallows : Multiples of the Flying Swallows Technique, Ryu attacks with lightning fast aerial slashes. The True Dragon Gleam Ultimate Technique features an advanced version of this technique where Ryu launches his enemy into the air and relentlessly flies at his enemy, slashing over and over.
  • Raptor: A variation of the Flying Swallow. During a Falcon Dive or Flying Swallow, Ryu will grab the enemy by the head for support, land behind them, and stab them with his sword. (Only in Ninja Gaiden 3.)
  • Izuna Drop : A signature move of the Hayabusa clan, Ryu does this technique by launching his opponent into the air and then doing a spinning pile driver and slamming his enemy head first into the ground, creating a shockwave that damages any enemies near by. Depending on the force Ryu uses, his enemy's head may explode upon impact. Ryu has mastered this technique so well that he has adapted it to any weapon he happens to be using, creating many variations of the Izuna Drop, such as the River Styx Drop with the Eclipse Scythe and the Underworld Drop with the dual wielded Blade of the Archfiend and True Dragon Sword. When performing this move without using weapons, Ryu launch the opponent to the air and teleport next to them in order to perform the Drop. (First introduced in Dead or Alive (1996))
  • Underworld Drop: A technique used by Genshin, Ryu learned it after acquiring Genshin's Blade of the Archfiend in Ninja Gaiden II and Ninja Gaiden 3. They both do this technique by stab their enemy in mid-air and then doing a vertical spinning similar to the technique Blade of Niritti. After slamming the enemy down onto the floor, they hop away while removing the Blade.

Vs Godomus

• Obliteration Technique: A finishing move, Ryu finishes off a wounded enemy with a brutal, but quick, fatality. Though this is mainly used on wounded or dismembered enemies to put them out of their misery, Ryu is also seen easily slicing enemies at full health in half with one strike, such as Werewolves.
    (Available in Ninja Gaiden II & Ninja Gaiden 3)
  • Essence Technique: A devastating attack, Ryu charges essence from his surroundings and releases a flury of powerful attacks. The charge time can be reduced by absorbing essence into the Technique. In modern Ninja Gaiden and its remakes, the technique animation is the same as the slightly held strong attack but more damage.
  • Ultimate Technique: An advanced form of the Essence Technique, it is more lengthy and deadlier, but requires more time or essence to charge. Depending on the weapon, various forms of this technique would result. During his battle against Jaquio's forces, the ultimate technique for the Dragon Sword was the Spinning Windmill Slash which, if timed correctly, would kill a boss character at full heath in one hit. In Razor's Edge Ryu can charge the ultimate technique up to 3 times as opposed to the usual 2 charges in the previous games. Additionally, when in Bloody Rage, Ryu can instantly perform a more powerful Ultimate Technique.
  • Steel on Bone: A technique where Ryu slices his enemy all the way through, slicing the enemy into two pieces, either leaving them open for an Obliteration Technique or killing them outright. (Introduced in Ninja Gaiden 3)
  • Four Rings: A surprising accurate technique, wherein Ryu spins and throw Shuriken, stopping any enemies around him. (Introduced in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge)
  • Falcon's Eye: A "godly" technique that has the user concentrate hard enough to stop the very flow of time before loosing an arrow. Even master Ninja are not capable of using this technique without feeling drained. Ryu, however only experiences slight fatigue and a significant drain in his Ki reserves. (Introduced in Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge)

this are from the games only and manga there is more in Novels

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

ignoring the copypasta, Batman should win with his telepathic offence.