Ryu Hayabusa runs the Metal Gear Rising gauntlet

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DraciosV

Raiden isn't in this fight, been done so much. Why don't we see how Ryu fairs against Raiden's enemies. An omnipotent being has taken Ryu from the Ninja Gaiden/DOA universe and placed him here.

Here we are....

No Caption Provided
  • Ryu has all his Ninpo
  • Fight takes place in Metal Gear universe with Ryu having no knowledge of his adversaries at first. Anything he learns is gained from experience/mental abilties.
  • Metal Gear enemies have only knowledge based on what they witness. However, each cyborg enemy can relay info to bosses to warn them of Ryu's abilities based on any ninpo he uses. Essentially, the further they get, the more they know about Ryu.
  • Ryu starts fighting enemies, and then fights a boss. He is fully healed after each boss if he beats them and then teleported to the next set of enemies.
  • Edit: To address Ryu's time manipulation, he requires an item to do this in game. So. He gets about 2 of them to use at any time to freeze time for 5 seconds with each use.

Some enemies have certain specifications. Cyborg soldiers and armored cyborgs have different weapons. Some characters are composite, which means all feats throughout their canon DLCs are also included. It is mainly to point out said character has feats outside the main game..

Ryu spawns in the beginning stage of rising at the start and battles in the environment of the boss's general level. There are no boundaries.

ROUND 1: 3 Cyborg Soldiers (Swords only) . 1 Raptor

Boss: Metal Gear Ray Desperado Version

No Caption Provided

ROUND 2: 7 Cyborg Soldiers (Swords only). 4 sliders. 1 Gekko

Boss: Khamsin

No Caption Provided

Round 3: 5 Cyborg soldiers (Swords only). 2 Armored soldiers (rocket launcher+swords). 1 Hammerhead.

Boss: LQ-84i AKA Bladewolf (Composite feats)

No Caption Provided

Round 4: 4 Armored cyborgs (Swords only), 3 Heavy Cyborgs, 2 Chainsaw equipped Fenrirs

Boss: Mistral.

No Caption Provided

Round 5: 4 Armored Cyborgs (Swords and rocket launchers), 3 Heavy Cyborgs, 2 Gekkos, 1 Mastiff.

Boss: Monsoon.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-Monsoon cannot magnetize Ryu directly.

Round 6: 5 Armored Soldiers (Swords+Rocket Launchers), 4 Mastiffs, 1 G.R.A.D

Boss: Sundowner

No Caption Provided

Round 7: 2 G.R.A.Ds at once.

Boss: Jetstream Sam (Composite feats)

No Caption Provided

Round 8: Fight takes place all over the base. Ryu must fight 8 Armored Cyborgs(Swords and launchers), 5 Sliders, 5 Mastiffs. And 4 Railgun equipped Fenrirs

Boss: Metal Gear Excelsius

No Caption Provided

Round 9: No enemies.

Senator Armstrong (Composite feats)

No Caption Provided

Will post feats if necessary.*Cough*Totallynotbiased*Cough* Will remove any enemies if things are overwhelming for everyone to take in. May generally edit OP for potential errors.

*Cough*Stilltotallynotbiased*cough**cough*

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely stops at Sam. Round 7.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BeaconofStrength
Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mee09

All the bosses would kill him. Besides the first one and maybe Mistral.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Armstrong will have that Ninja anus.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears with stomp in all rounds

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Ryu clears, time manipulation.

Jmarshmallow

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Edited and Lol. There ain't no time manipulation packages laying around!

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DraciosV

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

@monsterstomp said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

That is true actually. If Ryu relies on an item for time manipulation, then he won't really be able to spam that power. Maybe I can have him start out with one depending on how the mechanics actually work.....

I don't want to nerf Ryu but at the same time I don't want to make things convenient and give him time manipulation packages everywhere....

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

@monsterstomp said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

That is true actually. If Ryu relies on an item for time manipulation, then he won't really be able to spam that power. Maybe I can have him start out with one depending on how the mechanics actually work.....

I don't want to nerf Ryu but at the same time I don't want to make things convenient and give him time manipulation packages everywhere....

Pshh, who doesn't love a good Time Manipulation Spam every once in a while?

Jmarshmallow

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DraciosV

EDITED THE OP.

Seeing as how Ryu relies on this item to pull off his time freezing shenanigans I'll be pretty generous and say he can use it two times.....

Honestly, I see Ryu having trouble with Monsoon, with Mastiffs and potentially the G.R.A.Ds. Not to mention the other bosses. I wonder how well Ryu will fight when a Mastiff mounts him like a horse....

MrPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryu is more than capable of beating all of these. The guy has practically beaten gods.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrphoenix: But faced a politician like Armstrong. That's a whole new level of power he ain't ready for. :P

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colliderz

Time stop is not required Ryu already stomps them all

Revengeance wank is getting out of hand

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DraciosV

@mrphoenix said:

Ryu is more than capable of beating all of these. The guy has practically beaten gods.

....ok?

@colliderz said:

I don't really know about that. I was surprised to hear everyone going for MG at first but now people are going to the other side of the argument. A lot of people don't even know how a lot of these bosses. Sundowner can make cutting ability irrelevant and monsoon has insane hypersonic dodging and is tricky to beat.

Edit: I also had to edit the OP and stop a debate before it starts, I'll go ahead and say Monsoon cannot fling Ryu around.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By colliderz

@nickzambuto: Fast enough create around 10-15 after images during attacks also dodged near point blank lightning

In a nutshell faster than Mach 2

I am on phone right now and will post the videos if you need when I can

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By renamed040924
@colliderz said:

@nickzambuto: Fast enough create around 10-15 after images during attacks also dodged near point blank lightning

In a nutshell faster than Mach 2

I am on phone right now and will post the videos if you need

That's impressive, but most Cyborg Ninjas are capable of moving at speeds that are entirely invisible, let alone mere after image speed. Dodging lightning is impressive, if it's natural. But I'm assuming the lightning was just some electrical attack and not actually from the sky, is that correct? Electrical attacks in fiction aren't very fast, in fact in Metal Gear Solid 3, Revolver Ocelot was able to react to Volgin's lightning after it was fired, and rather than simply dodge it, he decided to pull out his gun and shoot it down. Ocelot was on completely even physical ground with Old Snake, and in MGS4 Old Snake couldn't even see Raiden move, let alone the Winds of Destruction who would all blitz MGS4 Raiden.

MGR characters are generally a lot faster than mach 2, even the cannon fodder were shown capable of dodging a plasma beam, which is about mach 2. So if that's Ryu's limit, I'm gonna have to say he won't get far in this gauntlet. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and break everything down; he definitely clears round 1 and 2 because that's just canon fodder and Khamsin was a joke. Bladewolf can give Ryu a challenge because he was apparently faster and stronger than Raiden, but at the same time he was a major jobber so I don't picture Ryu losing to him. Mistral doesn't have the feats to beat Ryu, but she did keep up with Raiden and she also has a very versatile weapon, so Ryu is still better off watching his own back. Monsoon is where things get dangerous, Ryu might not be fast enough to tag him. Monsoon's exoskeleton allows him to separate his body to dodge attacks, this basically makes him the anti-swordsman because cutting him is nearly impossible. Even after letting Jack the Ripper out, Raiden couldn't tag him. It took Ripper mode + blade mode + pinpoint precision on Raiden's part just to land a hit by aiming for his only weak point, Raiden even claimed that had he not let Jack the Ripper out, Monsoon would have easily killed him, and I'm not convinced Ryu is faster/more skilled than Pre-Ripper Raiden. Even if I gave Ryu the benefit of the doubt and said he was fast enough to tag Monsoon, the fact that he's not a cyborg means he has no Augment Mode, which means he won't be able to see Monsoon's weak point and won't be able to tag him regardless.

That said I know Ryu is a lot more than a sword and stats. IIRC he has a lot of versatile and powerful gear, so since Monsoon is short on feats I'll say he loses. Same goes for Sundowner. The problem comes with Jetstream Sam. I'm confident that Sam is a lot faster than Ryu and a LOT stronger. He basically toyed with White Armor Raiden, who again, Old Snake could not see despite being an almost casual bullet timer with hypersonic reflexes in his own right. So if Old Snake can't see Raiden, and Raiden can't react to Sam, that makes Sam damn quick. In terms of skill, there's a codec call in the game Kevin provides Raiden with a laundry list of martial arts styles and techniques that Sam is apparently a master of. He was skilled enough to challenge a fully-powered Senator Armstrong with no cyborg enhancements and fight against a Cyborg Ninja using his bare hands, so that says a lot. I don't think Ryu could beat Sam.

Talon_Deadeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed on all points.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By colliderz

@nickzambuto: That's impressive, but most Cyborg Ninjas are capable of moving at speeds that are entirely invisible, let alone mere after image speed.

Entirely invinsible or so fast that fodder soldiers can't see them moving.Thats not impressive as Ryu usually does that to meta humans.Also even for creating a single after image you will need supersonic speed

Dodging lightning is impressive, if it's natural. But I'm assuming the lightning was just some electrical attack and not actually from the sky, is that correct?

Well in the entire series Ryu has dodged lightning in 4 different occasions and only one of them is like what you said anyway here is the most impressive one as he dodges in near point blank distance lol infact as you say not all lightning is equal to natural lightning in Ryu's feat he avoid the lightning of Alexei a greater fiend whose lightning manipulation was strong enough to create a storm that effected the entire New York and gave life to Statue of Liberty

Loading Video...

Not just that but also Ryu can swing his arms fast enough to create sharp air vacuum that slice and dices every kind of lesser enemies which includes Werewolves whom have a skin of times tougher than steel

No Caption Provided

also speed is not the only thing Ryu has you know

The problem comes with Jetstream Sam. I'm confident that Sam is a lot faster than Ryu and a LOT stronger. He basically toyed with White Armor Raiden, who again, Old Snake could not see despite being an almost casual bullet timer with hypersonic reflexes in his own right. So if Old Snake can't see Raiden, and Raiden can't react to Sam, that makes Sam damn quick. In terms of skill, there's a codec call in the game Kevin provides Raiden with a laundry list of martial arts styles and techniques that Sam is apparently a master of. He was skilled enough to challenge a fully-powered Senator Armstrong with no cyborg enhancements and fight against a Cyborg Ninja using his bare hands, so that says a lot. I don't think Ryu could beat Sam.

Yes Ryu can beat Sam

First of all I don't see Sam walking away a one or two Izuana Drop from Ryu

Loading Video...

And knowing several martial arts won't put Sam on Ryu's level of skill

Loading Video...

These are just the tip of the iceberg as Ryu has many other powers and feats but this will be enough to beat someone on Sam's caliber

Avatar image for deadliestwarriors
DeadliestWarriors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

i'm sure Ryu's got this, he'd use most of these moves on the regular enemies, he would have to be careful against those bosses though, they seem pretty tough but i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for a guy like Ryu :)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By renamed040924

@colliderz:

Entirely invinsible or so fast that fodder soldiers can't see them moving.Thats not impressive as Ryu usually does that to meta humans.Also even for creating a single after image you will need supersonic speed

That's pretty hypocritical of you. Like I said, the fodder cyborgs that Raiden, Sam, and Wolf kill by the truckload all have super human reaction time, and have even dodged plasma beams. Solid Snake is able to keep up with speedsters in H2H combat and was fast enough to dodge a hypersonic railgun shell. Even the Gekko have a degree of advanced reaction time to the point where they can outrace speeding vehicles and jump over RPGs. Yet Raiden in his obsolete white armor is too fast for all of these characters/machines to see or react to. What metahumans does Ryu blitz?

It doesn't matter if after image speed requires supersonic movement because complete invisibility is simply above after image speed, so therefore Raiden is moving at supersonic+. This really seems like something Raiden clearly has the advantage in, I don't see how you could argue that creating after images is better than being completely invisible, nor do the Ninja Gaiden cannon fodder have feats like the MGS canon fodder. Raiden was able to decapitate three suicide Gekko without any of them so much as moving an inch in under 1 second, before Old Snake could react.

Loading Video...

Now keep in mind that this armor was already obsolete by the time of MGRR, and Raiden had received several upgrades since then. Yet Jetstream Sam still manhandled him, read his style after only a couple movements, and brutalized his body effortlessly.

Loading Video...

I'm afraid Ryu creating after images doesn't come close to comparing, especially when I don't even know the context of what you're talking about, it could be gameplay for all I know.

Well in the entire series Ryu has dodged lightning in 4 different occasions and only one of them is like what you said anyway here is the most impressive one as he dodges in near point blank distance lol infact as you say not all lightning is equal to natural lightning in Ryu's feat he avoid the lightning of Alexei a greater fiend whose lightning manipulation was strong enough to create a storm that effected the entire New York and gave life to Statue of Liberty

What? You're using gameplay feats? That's not even canon mate, just because one player in a few million jumped when that enemy shot lightning doesn't mean Ryu is a lightning timer. You're gonna need to do better than that to prove Ryu is in Sam's league.

Not just that but also Ryu can swing his arms fast enough to create sharp air vacuum that slice and dices every kind of lesser enemies which includes Werewolves whom have a skin of times tougher than steel

Sam split a Metal Gear RAY in half longways without actually making any contact at all, just sheer air pressure. He also didn't need a special technique like Ryu does, it's just his normal slashing speed. I'm afraid Sam's feat vastly outweighs Ryu's given the level of durability a Metal Gear possesses.

Loading Video...

First of all I don't see Sam walking away a one or two Izuana Drop from Ryu

Well as it happens, Ryu most likely won't get the chance to piledrive Sam from miles in the air like he did in that scene. I don't see why Sam can't survive a normal Izuana Drop, he took plenty of hits from Armstrong and kept fighting, and his pain tolerance was enough to start laughing after getting his arm severed.

If we were discussing whether or not Ryu Hayabusa could kill Jetstream Sam if Jetstream Sam were standing still and not fighting back, yeah I would agree with you, Ryu can kill Sam. That doesn't mean he will though, you're acting as if Sam won't be fighting back, and considering the power of his Murasama, damage output is firmly in the samurai's quarter.

And knowing several martial arts won't put Sam on Ryu's level of skill

You're using more gameplay to prove your point? Does Ryu ever actually do anything impressive in cutscenes or does all his hype just come from Ninja Gaiden's stylish and exaggerated combat? I don't see anything impressive in that clip anyway, Ryu is just jumping around and spinning, he's agile but then again so is Sam, and from what I've seen, when it comes to martial arts skill Sam is portrayed as far superior to Ryu. Like I said, he was able to take on a fully powered Senator Armstrong with no cyborg enhancements, he battled a Cyborg Ninja on even ground with his bare hands, he was able to deflect and parry Blade Wolf's chainsaw while Blade Wolf was invisible at the last possible second, and while still human he was ambushed by a 10-man mafia hit squad all armed with assault rifles, and he killed them all using just his sword. Not only is Sam fast and agile, but he's consistently portrayed as a great fighter to boot, can the same be said for Ryu? Does he ever show any actual technical skills, or is it all just flashy moves?

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By colliderz

@nickzambuto:

That's pretty hypocritical of you. Like I said, the fodder cyborgs that Raiden, Sam, and Wolf kill by the truckload all have super human reaction time, and have even dodged plasma beams. Solid Snake is able to keep up with speedsters in H2H combat and was fast enough to dodge a hypersonic railgun shell. Even the Gekko have a degree of advanced reaction time to the point where they can outrace speeding vehicles and jump over RPGs. Yet Raiden in his obsolete white armor is too fast for all of these characters/machines to see or react to. What metahumans does Ryu blitz?

When did Desperado fodders dodged plasma beam?Which speedsters are you talking about?Gray Fox?IIRC his best feat is reacting to vulcan fire.Vamp?If as you suggest there is a giant gap between Old Snake and Raiden why didn't he blitzed him

Here Ryu appears in top of a tower and than reappears right next to Hayate while Hayate didn't understood a thing

Loading Video...

And Hayate was fast enough blitz elite soldier squads without them understanding a thing and dodging machine gun fire while running on walls(Basically everything Gray Fox and Vamp can do)

Now keep in mind that this armor was already obsolete by the time of MGRR, and Raiden had received several upgrades since then. Yet Jetstream Sam still manhandled him, read his style after only a couple movements, and brutalized his body effortlessly.

More like Sam dominating Raiden with his better speed as you say stats?Also what feats make Raiden a heavily impressive swordsman to begin with

What? You're using gameplay feats? That's not even canon mate, just because one player in a few million jumped when that enemy shot lightning doesn't mean Ryu is a lightning timer. You're gonna need to do better than that to prove Ryu is in Sam's league.

The ones that are non canon is game mechanics yes and everything displayed at gameplay is something the character is capable of doing but usually(especially in action games) the gameplay depowers the characters in some ways so it can't be used for lowballing too.Also this is Ninja Gaiden not Revengeance if the player can't dodge these basic attacks its already game over.Anyway I don't see how someone from MGS can top this feat

If we were discussing whether or not Ryu Hayabusa could kill Jetstream Sam if Jetstream Sam were standing still and not fighting back, yeah I would agree with you, Ryu can kill Sam. That doesn't mean he will though, you're acting as if Sam won't be fighting back, and considering the power of his Murasama, damage output is firmly in the samurai's quarter.

How does Sam has the better damage output?

Can he throw pseudo black holes?No

No Caption Provided

http://ninjagaiden.wikia.com/wiki/Art_of_the_Piercing_Void

Can he cast mountain level Ninpo?No

No Caption Provided

You're using more gameplay to prove your point? Does Ryu ever actually do anything impressive in cutscenes or does all his hype just come from Ninja Gaiden's stylish and exaggerated combat? I don't see anything impressive in that clip anyway, Ryu is just jumping around and spinning, he's agile but then again so is Sam, and from what I've seen, when it comes to martial arts skill Sam is portrayed as far superior to Ryu. Like I said, he was able to take on a fully powered Senator Armstrong with no cyborg enhancements, he battled a Cyborg Ninja on even ground with his bare hands, he was able to deflect and parry Blade Wolf's chainsaw while Blade Wolf was invisible at the last possible second, and while still human he was ambushed by a 10-man mafia hit squad all armed with assault rifles, and he killed them all using just his sword. Not only is Sam fast and agile, but he's consistently portrayed as a great fighter to boot, can the same be said for Ryu? Does he ever show any actual technical skills, or is it all just flashy moves?

Well gameplay is still better than empty codec calls that has been never showcased(I would really like to see a showcase of Sam's skills)Anyway if you hate gameplay so much here is a cutscene skill feat.

Loading Video...

Ryu was raised in Hayabusa Village as the Dargon Ninja andwell being portrayed skilled is not the same thing with showing those skills which is smt Ryu has done while Sam didn't.AlsoDon't get into accomplishments as even lesser bosses has showed City level powers end game bosses are usually reality warpers in NG

I am not doing to enter durability were Ryu easily dominates everyone in MGSverse since this a sword fight but still Ryu holds the better pain tolerance as he can even survive being in half

Loading Video...

And this even before he knew any kinds of healing Ninpo where in NGverse these Healing Ninpos can easily heal any major body damages except beheading

As you might noticed I majorly talked about Ryu's physical stats but he can also teleport in combat, create immortal doppelgangers of himself and many more