• 53 results
#1 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Thor after the end of Ragnarock with the power of the Odinforce and the Rune Magic beat the Phantom Stranger?

#2 Posted by Hedatary (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not. 

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

with rune magic MAYBE

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
I doubt it. Even though Rune Magic is insanely powerful... Phantom Stranger has been able to stand the Magic of a Full Powered Spectre... so I dont think Thor wins here against the Stranger... but Thor will give Phantom Stranger a really hard fight
#5 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the word maybe

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
I love the word...Indeed

lol
#7 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"Can Thor after the end of Ragnarock with the power of the Odinforce and the Rune Magic beat the Phantom Stranger?"

Yes, I believe he can :-)
#8 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

dont know much about stranger but i think thor would waste all his power fighting him.
Stranger
 FTW.

#9 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this could be a stalemate

#10 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune King Thor was far more powerful than Odin ever was, and back in the day when Odin was draining power from the entire Asgardian pantheon to fight Surtur, they were destroying and creating galaxies as a result of battle. It's difficult to say just how powerful Thor was with the runes. And I take anything involving the Spectre with a bag of salt.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Rune King Thor was far more powerful than Odin ever was, and back in the day when Odin was draining power from the entire Asgardian pantheon to fight Surtur, they were destroying and creating galaxies as a result of battle. It's difficult to say just how powerful Thor was with the runes. And I take anything involving the Spectre with a bag of salt."
Thats only because The Spectre is an inconsistent character... but when he is at Full Power he is Top Tier in the DC Universe...
#12 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre is as powerful as the Presence wants him to be, so the Spectre's power is dependant on how much of a dick God feels like being.

#13 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

That is true. We also have to remember that top tier in DC usually trumps top tier in Marvel. I love Thor's character and I really want to say he wins but some DC characters just can not be beaten by Marvel characters.

Thor is the pimp.
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Spectre is as powerful as the Presence wants him to be, so the Spectre's power is dependant on how much of a dick God feels like being."
Ha Ha Ha  !

You Got It
#15 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"That is true. We also have to remember that top tier in DC usually trumps top tier in Marvel. I love Thor's character and I really want to say he wins but some DC characters just can not be beaten by Marvel characters.
Thor is the pimp.
"
Actually it's the other way around. Marvel's top-tier trumps DC's. DC's top tiers are Spectre, Anti-/Monitor, Lucifer Morningstar, the Aspects, and a few others. Forgoing the 5-D imps and whatnot. Marvel has Galactus, Eternity/Infinity, Death/Oblivion, Living Tribunal, the Stranger, Lord Chaos and Master Order, Mistress Love and Sire Hate, the Celestials, the Watchers, the Beyonder, the Phoenix Force, etc etc.

Now, if you turn around and leave out all the Cosmic Deities and such, then DC's best are what the fans claim; Superman, Shazam, Black Adam, Ares, Darkseid, etc. In Marvel, they wouldn't be considered high-tier at all. Many would be low to mid-tier. If you tossed Superman into Marvel, he'd be considered a weaker version of Gladiator. If you tossed Thanos into the DCU, he'd be like Darkseid's bigger, stronger and more powerful older brother. Of course there are DC characters that can beat MU people, but it goes both ways and in general it depends on who you're talking about. Like, say, with Batman and Moon Knight. People claim Mooney is a rip of Batman, but the said the same thing about the Punisher and Dare Devil.
#16 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm...I dont know if Marvel has the stronger Top Tier beings than DC... I have always seen them to be about even actually... give or take a few Writing Mishaps on the part of both Parties here...

lol
#17 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa whoa whoa! Superman is not weaker than Gladiator. Not even close.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/superman-vs-gladiator/1888/#202
#18 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, yeah, he kinda is. Superman can't move the moon without aid. Gladiator smashed a planet to bits with his bare hands. Superman had to sundip in order to move War World. Gladiator crushed a star between his arms. Gladiator can fly across a galaxy in seconds. Superman can't. Gladiator can survive indefinitely in a vacuum. Superman can't. Superman is vulnerable to magic. Gladiator had a bolt from Mjolnir bounce off his chest (in Galactic Storm) and stated that it actually hurt.

Gladiator is essentially Marvel's Superman, only not really a hero, and Gladiator has a few more abilities, plus all of his are on a higher tier than Superman's.

#19 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman holds back. Everything he has done recently that would indicate weakness was explained away as his fear of letting loose. We have not seen Current Superman go all out. So basically your argument is moot. Also, Superman is not vulnerable to magic anymore.

#20 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman 'holding back' is only against people he knows he'd kill. I've seen average humans hurting him via technological means because he wouldn't speedblitz the hell out of them, but that's it. Against people like Lobo, Doomsday, Darkseid, Mongul, and various others of high strength and ability, Superman does not 'hold back'. And there'd be no reason to hold back when using strength to move the moon. That is just a ridiculous statement and not at all proven by his actions. One of the few figures in comics who actually holds back is the Silver Surfer, and that's because of his pacifist mindset. And even then, he does not hold back against people of great power, like Tyrant, Thanos and Odin (who f'ing bitchslapped the Surfer into unconsciousness).

#21 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He said that virtually everything he does is controlled. When he fights bad guys, when he is walking down the street, when he is sleeping next to Lois, etc. Virtually every moment of every day he is in fear of killing someone. He said there is not a single moment where he did not hold back, ever.

#22 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

What he says and what he does are two different things. It's called hyperbole. He nearly killed John Stewart after getting pissed and sundipping himself. If he was always holding back and hiding his real strength then he wouldn't need to sundip himself at all in order to increase his abilities.

#23 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, there already is a 7 page superman-gladiator thread, we don't need another one. you should read what that one says and stick to topic on this one.

#24 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"erik said:
"That is true. We also have to remember that top tier in DC usually trumps top tier in Marvel. I love Thor's character and I really want to say he wins but some DC characters just can not be beaten by Marvel characters.
Thor is the pimp.
"
Actually it's the other way around. Marvel's top-tier trumps DC's. DC's top tiers are Spectre, Anti-/Monitor, Lucifer Morningstar, the Aspects, and a few others. Forgoing the 5-D imps and whatnot. Marvel has Galactus, Eternity/Infinity, Death/Oblivion, Living Tribunal, the Stranger, Lord Chaos and Master Order, Mistress Love and Sire Hate, the Celestials, the Watchers, the Beyonder, the Phoenix Force, etc etc.

Now, if you turn around and leave out all the Cosmic Deities and such, then DC's best are what the fans claim; Superman, Shazam, Black Adam, Ares, Darkseid, etc. In Marvel, they wouldn't be considered high-tier at all. Many would be low to mid-tier. If you tossed Superman into Marvel, he'd be considered a weaker version of Gladiator. If you tossed Thanos into the DCU, he'd be like Darkseid's bigger, stronger and more powerful older brother. Of course there are DC characters that can beat MU people, but it goes both ways and in general it depends on who you're talking about. Like, say, with Batman and Moon Knight. People claim Mooney is a rip of Batman, but the said the same thing about the Punisher and Dare Devil."
I am sorry but your bias toward marvel isnt going to get you very far here

this isnt cbub dude
#25 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Actually, yeah, he kinda is. Superman can't move the moon without aid. Gladiator smashed a planet to bits with his bare hands. Superman had to sundip in order to move War World. Gladiator crushed a star between his arms. Gladiator can fly across a galaxy in seconds. Superman can't. Gladiator can survive indefinitely in a vacuum. Superman can't. Superman is vulnerable to magic. Gladiator had a bolt from Mjolnir bounce off his chest (in Galactic Storm) and stated that it actually hurt.

Gladiator is essentially Marvel's Superman, only not really a hero, and Gladiator has a few more abilities, plus all of his are on a higher tier than Superman's."
Gladiator destroyed a planet with a few punches and his half assed heat vision

Supermans punches have warped space and time

Gladiator can fly across a galaxy in seconds...

Supes can fly across a galaxy and hear people asking for his help a galaxy away ...

Supes cant survive in the vacuum of space?

caption

#26 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

I said he can't do so indefinitely. Last time I checked Superman could only survive in space for roughly 30min, mainly by holding his breath. Plus, that doesn't at all look like he was hearing things from across a galaxy, more like from the communicator in his ear.

#27 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"I said he can't do so indefinitely. Last time I checked Superman could only survive in space for roughly 30min, mainly by holding his breath. Plus, that doesn't at all look like he was hearing things from across a galaxy, more like from the communicator in his ear."
No that was the vacuum scan, beside last i checked i people cant hold their breath and speak at the same time

this was the speed/hearing feat

caption
caption

#28 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

No. he can survive in vacuum indefinitely.

#29 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow... this has turned into a Superman vs Gladiator thread

lol
#30 Posted by Rei-Kai (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

That doesn't exactly show or state how fast he was going nor the time it took him to get there since light can travel that in roughly 5 seconds. And from the look of the scans he wasn't instantly from one place and to the other. The hearing feat can stick, but super-hearing doesn't really help all that much here in a debate of strength and power. Thor is the most powerful Asgardian and there are some with super senses that put even Superman to shame. Like Heimdall. He can literally see and hear across dimensions. Aside from that, Cosmic Awareness, like such used by Mar-Vell, the Silver Surfer, and other beings, put such super-senses to shame.

#31 Posted by lordraiden (7571 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Actually, yeah, he kinda is. Superman can't move the moon without aid. Gladiator smashed a planet to bits with his bare hands. Superman had to sundip in order to move War World. Gladiator crushed a star between his arms. Gladiator can fly across a galaxy in seconds. Superman can't. Gladiator can survive indefinitely in a vacuum. Superman can't. Superman is vulnerable to magic. Gladiator had a bolt from Mjolnir bounce off his chest (in Galactic Storm) and stated that it actually hurt.

Gladiator is essentially Marvel's Superman, only not really a hero, and Gladiator has a few more abilities, plus all of his are on a higher tier than Superman's."

No, he aint! Superman would run rings around Kallark!
#32 Posted by #1ElderScrollsFan (1991 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune Thor could win

#33 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
I hate I even made this damn thread...
#34 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rei-Kai said:
"erik said:
Thor is the pimp.
"
Actually it's the other way around. Marvel's top-tier trumps DC's. DC's top tiers are Spectre, Anti-/Monitor, Lucifer Morningstar, the Aspects, and a few others. Forgoing the 5-D imps and whatnot. Marvel has Galactus, Eternity/Infinity, Death/Oblivion, Living Tribunal, the Stranger, Lord Chaos and Master Order, Mistress Love and Sire Hate, the Celestials, the Watchers, the Beyonder, the Phoenix Force, etc etc.Now, if you turn around and leave out all the Cosmic Deities and such, then DC's best are what the fans claim; Superman, Shazam, Black Adam, Ares, Darkseid, etc. In Marvel, they wouldn't be considered high-tier at all. Many would be low to mid-tier. If you tossed Superman into Marvel, he'd be considered a weaker version of Gladiator. If you tossed Thanos into the DCU, he'd be like Darkseid's bigger, stronger and more powerful older brother. Of course there are DC characters that can beat MU people, but it goes both ways and in general it depends on who you're talking about. Like, say, with Batman and Moon Knight. People claim Mooney is a rip of Batman, but the said the same thing about the Punisher and Dare Devil. "

Surely you jest?? Black Adam? Shazam? Supes? They would be solid Teambusters over at Marvel and most other heroes would be getting in Thor or Hulk's way trying to stop them. Gladiator is a piss-poor reflection of Kal-El. Kon-El could take Gladiator, and do it well. If you moved most of DC's heroes over to Marvel you'd be putting them out of buisness. Thanos and Darkseid are peers, the only difference being that Marvel (an this is one thing i will gladly give them their props for) refuse to cheapen what they know is a great villian to make their heroes look better. Darkseid should continue to pimp Supes, but that's an arguement for another day..  Most DC heroes simply leave their Marvel competition in the dust, as with Flash and Quicksilver, the only way they could make it beleivable was by explaining how he couldn't use the Speed Force in their Universe. DC's Ares is Skyfather lvl, he'd pwn his Marvel counterpart and would have a good shot at taking out the Father he hates so much. An Moon Knight is basically a rip-off of Bats. Which reminds me..how well do people over in Marvel actually do against those Superman-knock offs they have running around? Glads, Hyperion, Sentry...    At this point i'm rambling b/c my disbeleif is just that great, so i'll leave it at that for now.
#35 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
"
@Rei-Kai said:
"erik said:
Thor is the pimp.
"
Actually it's the other way around. Marvel's top-tier trumps DC's. DC's top tiers are Spectre, Anti-/Monitor, Lucifer Morningstar, the Aspects, and a few others. Forgoing the 5-D imps and whatnot. Marvel has Galactus, Eternity/Infinity, Death/Oblivion, Living Tribunal, the Stranger, Lord Chaos and Master Order, Mistress Love and Sire Hate, the Celestials, the Watchers, the Beyonder, the Phoenix Force, etc etc.Now, if you turn around and leave out all the Cosmic Deities and such, then DC's best are what the fans claim; Superman, Shazam, Black Adam, Ares, Darkseid, etc. In Marvel, they wouldn't be considered high-tier at all. Many would be low to mid-tier. If you tossed Superman into Marvel, he'd be considered a weaker version of Gladiator. If you tossed Thanos into the DCU, he'd be like Darkseid's bigger, stronger and more powerful older brother. Of course there are DC characters that can beat MU people, but it goes both ways and in general it depends on who you're talking about. Like, say, with Batman and Moon Knight. People claim Mooney is a rip of Batman, but the said the same thing about the Punisher and Dare Devil. "
Surely you jest?? Black Adam? Shazam? Supes? They would be solid Teambusters over at Marvel and most other heroes would be getting in Thor or Hulk's way trying to stop them. Gladiator is a piss-poor reflection of Kal-El. Kon-El could take Gladiator, and do it well. If you moved most of DC's heroes over to Marvel you'd be putting them out of buisness. Thanos and Darkseid are peers, the only difference being that Marvel (an this is one thing i will gladly give them their props for) refuse to cheapen what they know is a great villian to make their heroes look better. Darkseid should continue to pimp Supes, but that's an arguement for another day..  Most DC heroes simply leave their Marvel competition in the dust, as with Flash and Quicksilver, the only way they could make it beleivable was by explaining how he couldn't use the Speed Force in their Universe. DC's Ares is Skyfather lvl, he'd pwn his Marvel counterpart and would have a good shot at taking out the Father he hates so much. An Moon Knight is basically a rip-off of Bats. Which reminds me..how well do people over in Marvel actually do against those Superman-knock offs they have running around? Glads, Hyperion, Sentry...    At this point i'm rambling b/c my disbeleif is just that great, so i'll leave it at that for now. "
Don't call him shirley :p
#36 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
No Ones even talking about Phantom Stranger and Thor anymore...

lol
#37 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

well it's obvious who wins :p

#38 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
Its funny how certain folks have left us on the Vine now...
#39 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... I love how this turned into a Supes vs. Gladiator battle thread while neither character is relevant here.

#40 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"No Ones even talking about Phantom Stranger and Thor anymore...

lol
"

Ha this thread is so off track that its actually funny
#41 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gloom said:
" Wow... I love how this turned into a Supes vs. Gladiator battle thread while neither character is relevant here. "
Gloom in a battle thread... Again  !
#42 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Scarlet Thor said:
"Can Thor after the end of Ragnarock with the power of the Odinforce and the Rune Magic beat the Phantom Stranger? "

Hell yeah! Odinforce Thor would be a decent match, RLT would handle PS easily enough.
#43 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push said:
"
@Scarlet Thor said:
"Can Thor after the end of Ragnarock with the power of the Odinforce and the Rune Magic beat the Phantom Stranger? "
Hell yeah! Odinforce Thor would be a decent match, RLT would handle PS easily enough. "
you might be right
#44 Edited by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think RLThor, or any other Thor, can kill the stranger, but I don't think the Stranger has what it takes to kill Thor either.

#45 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" I don't think RLThor, or any other Thor, can kill the stranger, but I don't think the Stranger has what it takes to kill Thor either. "
Thats The Thing... I dont believe either one of them could actually kill the other... but I believe Rune Lord Thor could find a way to bind Phantom Stranger before PS could find a way to bind RL Thor
#46 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know.Stranger has some pretty heavy forces backing him. He may not be as potent in offense, but I think it's commonly believed that you require a Spectre level being to take him out of the game.

#47 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" I don't know.Stranger has some pretty heavy forces backing him. He may not be as potent in offense, but I think it's commonly believed that you require a Spectre level being to take him out of the game. "
The Spectre's power is still Magic Based though... and since Rune Magic is a Magic of High Order just like The Spectre's... I think its possible Thor could win here
#48 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"
@AtPhantom said:
" I don't know.Stranger has some pretty heavy forces backing him. He may not be as potent in offense, but I think it's commonly believed that you require a Spectre level being to take him out of the game. "
The Spectre's power is still Magic Based though... and since Rune Magic is a Magic of High Order just like The Spectre's... I think its possible Thor could win here "
Runes are on par with the Spectre force? I'll believe that when I see it.
#49 Posted by King Saturn (224719 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"
@King Saturn said:
"
@AtPhantom said:
The Spectre's power is still Magic Based though... and since Rune Magic is a Magic of High Order just like The Spectre's... I think its possible Thor could win here "
Runes are on par with the Spectre force? I'll believe that when I see it. "
Not On Par... But They Are Still Magic of High Order...
#50 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" Not On Par... But They Are Still Magic of High Order... "
But are they high enough?