• 78 results
#1 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune King Thor- Odin Force, power and magic of the Runes, wisdom from the Well of Mimir 
Lord Marvel- Powers of Shazam, Guardian of the Rock of Eternity

Lord Marvel

Rune King Thor 

-Thor and Marvel both believe the other is standing in their way of accomplishing something that must be done.
-They have heard of each other but only that they both possess great power.
-The encounter takes place at this location with no inhabitants within 500 miles in any direction. (If this distance is limiting their powers and their fight, they will take their battle to a similar looking, uninhabited realm/planet. 
-Both combatants are fighting in character (at this level of power).  
-Victory is obtained by any means: BFR, KO, Incapacitation, Death

(I've searched for this battle with both combatants at their highest levels of power several times and could not find anything)
#2 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

RKT.

#3 Edited by Superguy1591 (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

MARVEL WINS! 

Marvel is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, immortal and can read people's minds. Anything Thor would try to do Marvel would know what he was going to do and with his vast knowledge of magic (Something that Thor is using) he can counter it.  

Lord Marvel is what God would be if he was a superhero. 

#4 Posted by tensor (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

lord marvel

#5 Edited by Sexy Merc (42066 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy1591 said:

" Marvel is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient. "

No, he isn't. Anyone who is the combination of those 3 wouldn't get their ass kicked by Black Adam.
#6 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy1591:  It's OK if you don't know about RKT but read up on his powers and abilities first.
#7 Posted by Superguy1591 (2265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: LORD MARVEL, not Captain Marvel. Lord Marvel is God as a superhero. 
#8 Posted by Superguy1591 (2265 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal: Do you know Lord Marvel? 
#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

RKT

Lord Marvel was so incompetent it hurt.

#10 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Marvel was a great disappointment in so many ways. I guess that editorial intended for Shazam to return after Day of Venegance, but they made Billy look so idiotic. Either way, RKT's feats blow Billy's out of the water. 

#11 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor
#12 Posted by tensor (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

lord marvel has the power of shazam right so he can some specter right so he wins this easy 

#13 Posted by Suggs44 (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune King Thor

#14 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignoring the illogical bad writing epic PIS that we got with most lord Marvel Appearances, then Lord Marvel Curbstomps. His powers crush those of Rune King Thor.

#15 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:

" Ignoring the illogical bad writing epic PIS that we got with most lord Marvel Appearances, then Lord Marvel Curbstomps. His powers crush those of Rune King Thor. "

It can't be PIS when it literally defines all his appearances. 
#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:

" Ignoring the illogical bad writing epic PIS that we got with most lord Marvel Appearances, then Lord Marvel Curbstomps. His powers crush those of Rune King Thor. "

It can't be PIS when it literally defines all his appearances.  "
It absolutely can when you actually know what the rock of the ages, Shazam, the powers of Shazam and the marvel force are. It's nothing but PIS. Lord Marvel's powers are basically to have imbued into him all the positive godly force in the universe. 

That means all non-evil gods, hundreds of Sky fathers and mystical entities. Some of the spectre's power even. Lord Marvel's power is defined by many, many central DC elements of magic.

This isn't even a contest. by all rights Lord Marvel would just grab Rune King Thor by the head and crush it like a melon and there wouldn't be a single thing Rune King Thor could do to stop it.
#17 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:

It can't be PIS when it literally defines all his appearances.  "
It absolutely can when you actually know what the rock of the ages, Shazam, the powers of Shazam and the marvel force are. It's nothing but PIS. Lord Marvel's powers are basically to have imbued into him all the positive godly force in the universe.   That means all non-evil gods, hundreds of Sky fathers and mystical entities. Some of the spectre's power even. Lord Marvel's power is defined by many, many central DC elements of magic. This isn't even a contest. by all rights Lord Marvel would just grab Rune King Thor by the head and crush it like a melon and there wouldn't be a single thing Rune King Thor could do to stop it. "
That explains why Black Adam nearly did the exact same to Lord Marvel, right?
#18 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" That explains why Black Adam nearly did the exact same to Lord Marvel, right? "
Yes, it absolutely does. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever for Black Adam to have even been able to land a single ineffective blow on Lord Marvel.

He's basically Odin on crack in power.
#19 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Man, you know he was just jobbing. The real Lord Marvel wouldn't stand for that %#&%. 
#20 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" That explains why Black Adam nearly did the exact same to Lord Marvel, right? "
Yes, it absolutely does. There is absolutely no justification whatsoever for Black Adam to have even been able to land a single ineffective blow on Lord Marvel.  He's basically Odin on crack in power. "
Yes, Crack power that turns you into a f()#% jobber.

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @geraldthesloth: Man, you know he was just jobbing. The real Lord Marvel wouldn't stand for that %#&%.  "

Yeah dude, always!
#21 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Yes, Crack power that turns you into a f()#% jobber"
Welcome to DC one of the two big American comic companies buddy. This shit is a classic move on them. In any well written story, it would take entitiesfar above Rune King Thor to stop Lord Marvel.
#22 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" Yes, Crack power that turns you into a f()#% jobber"
Welcome to DC one of the two big American comic companies buddy. This shit is a classic move on them. In any well written story, it would take entitiesfar above Rune King Thor to stop Lord Marvel. "
Like Black Adam.
#23 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

If a character jobs in every appearance, are they actually jobbing? 

Think about that.

#24 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Like Black Adam. "
Rune King Thor is more powerful the Black Adam by all facts and logic.
#25 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" Like Black Adam. "
Rune King Thor is more powerful the Black Adam by all facts and logic. "
and by facts and showings Black Adam beat the sh!t outta Lord Marvel, and Lord Marvel jobs in every appearence get outta here.
#26 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" facts and showings Black Adam beat the sh!t outta Lord Marvel, and Lord Marvel jobs in every appearence get outta here. "
Obviously you do not even close to understand what Lord Marvel is otherwise you wouldn't be arguing such ridiculous position.

Lord Marvel makes Black Adam look like a chump in the magical power department.
#27 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

You have two options: 

A) Lord Marvel has a conspiracy against him in which every writer makes him look worse than he really is. 
B) He took over Shazam's position, but never acquired Shazam's power or wisdom in the process.  

B sounds a helluva lot more plausible than A. 

#28 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" You have two options:  A) Lord Marvel has a conspiracy against him in which every writer makes him look worse than he really is. B) He took over Shazam's position, but never acquired Shazam's power or wisdom in the process.  "
The only option we have is the PIS was forced on Lord Marvel by editorial mandate because otherwise the story would never have been able to have happened or been written,

Hence no money for DC. Guess what happens.

This is the same king of bull that allowed T'Challa to beat Silver Surfer.
#29 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" You have two options:  A) Lord Marvel has a conspiracy against him in which every writer makes him look worse than he really is. B) He took over Shazam's position, but never acquired Shazam's power or wisdom in the process.  "
The only option we have is the PIS was forced on Lord Marvel by editorial mandate because otherwise the story would never have been able to have happened or been written,  Hence no money for DC. Guess what happens.  This is the same king of bull that allowed T'Challa to beat Silver Surfer. "
Maybe you missed the part where Billy Batson DID NOT gain Shazam's power, which is the crux of your entire complaint. 
#30 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" facts and showings Black Adam beat the sh!t outta Lord Marvel, and Lord Marvel jobs in every appearence get outta here. "
Obviously you do not even close to understand what Lord Marvel is otherwise you wouldn't be arguing such ridiculous position.  Lord Marvel makes Black Adam look like a chump in the magical power department. "
Yeah dude, here's some good showings of that

#31 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: all you've shown is proof of the PIS nothing more.
#32 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth: all you've shown is proof of the PIS nothing more. "
You mean the Proof of him losing to everyone?

YEAH!
#33 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" "You mean the Proof of him losing to everyone?  YEAH! "
No proof of not a single writer actually writing Lord Marvel as what he is.
#34 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
No proof of not a single writer actually writing Lord Marvel as what he is. "
Which means he isn't what you think he is, do you listen?
#35 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Which means he isn't what you think he is, do you listen? "
No, it means you don't understand the Rock of the Ages, the power of Shazam or the magical make up of the DC comic verse and you're still arguing therein.
#36 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" Which means he isn't what you think he is, do you listen? "
No, it means you don't understand the Rock of the Ages, the power of Shazam or the magical make up of the DC comic verse and you're still arguing therein. "
If the writers make him in every appearence lose, he's a loser.

Don't tell me the writers are wrong.
#37 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:

" Don't tell me the writers are wrong. "

Riiight, as if bad, illogical writing's never happened riiight...

This means the writers are completely inconsistent, and that's bad writing. They write years of canon, describe something in detail, explain why it works that way. They use the character in stories where the outcome defies all canon, facts and logic. Therefore it is PIS, WIS and bad writing.
#38 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy1591 said:

" MARVEL WINS!  Marvel is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, immortal and can read people's minds. Anything Thor would try to do Marvel would know what he was going to do and with his vast knowledge of magic (Something that Thor is using) he can counter it.   Lord Marvel is what God would be if he was a superhero.  "

I'm not sure how Marvel's mind reading is going to do when (and I'm quoting from the comics) Thor has "the power to know the past--to control the present--and guide the future! Now Thor can see through the veil of time, past the knowing of the Gods!" "The Runes show him the future of all things--of every man and beast--every leaf on every tree!"

Also  Sexy Merc is right, it was Lord Marvel, as the scans on page 2 show. And yes, I know enough.  

@Crom-Cruach said:
It absolutely can when you actually know what the rock of the ages, Shazam, the powers of Shazam and the marvel force are. It's nothing but PIS. Lord Marvel's powers are basically to have imbued into him all the positive godly force in the universe.   That means all non-evil gods, hundreds of Sky fathers and mystical entities. Some of the spectre's power even. Lord Marvel's power is defined by many, many central DC elements of magic. This isn't even a contest. by all rights Lord Marvel would just grab Rune King Thor by the head and crush it like a melon and there wouldn't be a single thing Rune King Thor could do to stop it. "

I don't think that would happen at all. RKT stopped Mangog in his tracks with a hand before simply disintegrating him, and took Mangog's shots which were stopped by an apparent force shield from Thor two feet from his body. No one even touched his body while he was RKT.

"He's basically Odin on crack in power. "

RKT is also more powerful than Odin.
#39 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:
"
I'm not sure how Marvel's mind reading is going to do when (and I'm quoting from the comics) Thor has "the power to know the past--to control the present--and guide the future! Now Thor can see through the veil of time, past the knowing of the Gods!" "The Runes show him the future of all things--of every man and beast--every leaf on every tree!"
And Marvel has the powers of wisdom, foresight into the future, godly ability to see the weave of reality, know truths and more. This isn't at all something Marvel is inferior in.
@ckal said:
"  I don't think that would happen at all. RKT stopped Mangog in his tracks with a hand before simply disintegrating him, and took Mangog's shots which were stopped by an apparent force shield from Thor two feet from his body. No one even touched his body while he was RKT. "
And Lord MArvel easily annihilates Magog, he's alot more powerful then him

@ckal said:
" RKT is also more powerful than Odin. "
So is lord Marvel.
#40 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:  I know this, I was simply pointing these things out to anybody who may not know. I'm not saying these are things LM are not, or is not capable of doing. It seems like some people actually don't know what RKT is capable of. We actually don't even know anything close to his limits either since he was only around for 2 issues and was already shown as virtually omniscient and having power with no definable limits.

I'm trying to stay out of the discussion and not give an opinion, but just sharing information for the sake of the thread and the debate.
#41 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:
" @ It seems like some people actually don't know what RKT is capable of. We actually don't even know anything close to his limits either since he was only around for 2 issues and was already shown as virtually omniscient and having power with no definable limits "
That true, I don't totally disagree. But this is also true of Lord Marvel. When you know his powers, he is easily one of the most powerful and potent magical entities ever created by DC.
#42 Edited by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:

" @ckal said:

" @ It seems like some people actually don't know what RKT is capable of. We actually don't even know anything close to his limits either since he was only around for 2 issues and was already shown as virtually omniscient and having power with no definable limits "
That true, I don't totally disagree. But this is also true of Lord Marvel. When you know his powers, he is easily one of the most powerful and potent magical entities ever created by DC. "
Right, I hear you for sure. It's just that in their short times RKT was shown to be more impressive, and I guess what LM has against him is his poor showings. 

I'd like to hear some more opinions on this.
#43 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:
"Right, I hear you for sure. It's just that in their short times RKT was shown to be more impressive, and I guess what LM has against him is his poor showings.   I'd like to hear some more opinions on this. "
Yeah Lord Marvel has some of the worst writting I've ever seen besmirch his record. It's sad really, not that Rune King Thor isn't a total badass too.
#44 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @ckal said:
"Right, I hear you for sure. It's just that in their short times RKT was shown to be more impressive, and I guess what LM has against him is his poor showings.   I'd like to hear some more opinions on this. "
Yeah Lord Marvel has some of the worst writting I've ever seen besmirch his record. It's sad really, not that Rune King Thor isn't a total badass too. "
I really like the ideas of these characters, and while they obviously can't be written that way for too long, I'd like to see them make a re emergence at some point.
#45 Posted by Mighty Max (460 posts) - - Show Bio

In fairness now regular Captain Marvel has been beating Black Adam for how many years but when he gets a major power boost he gets his @$$ handed to him I've got to think somethings not right! Black Adam is one of my favourite characters (probably my 2nd fav dc character) but he has done some questionable things like when he took on the Spectre ,granted he retreated, but Spectre seemed to come out worse in that fight! I think, in my opinion now, Adam beat Lord Marvel only because the writers wanted to build Adam up and make him seem bigger and better.

As for this fight, could go either way, I don't think we've seen enough showings of either to know what they're all about yet, for now it's all about what other characters have said and our own assumptions.

#46 Posted by Night Thrasher (3585 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#47 Posted by JThree47693 (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

RKT for the win here, he has better feats.
#48 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

RKT walks all over him
#49 Posted by blackadam (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superguy1591 said:
"MARVEL WINS!  Marvel is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, immortal and can read people's minds. Anything Thor would try to do Marvel would know what he was going to do and with his vast knowledge of magic (Something that Thor is using) he can counter it.   Lord Marvel is what God would be if he was a superhero.  "

if he was: omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, he would have been the be all an d end all of all of dc universe. RKT is also omnicient, or at least he knows alot about magic and universe. you say lord marvel has vast knowledge of magic, the same goes for rkt; he master all the odin force, plus the magic runes, as drinking fo the well of mimir, so how can you say marvel knows more about magic than thor?
#50 Posted by blackadam (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
No proof of not a single writer actually writing Lord Marvel as what he is. "

you know we base this battles on feats, because it would be too difficult if we go by what characters are suppose to be. that being said, if we go by lord marvel suppose to be he should defeat rkt, if those things you say are truth.but, since we are going by feats, i think rkt is the winner in this match, as like other people have said, lord marvel feats arent that great.