Rune King Thor vs Galactus 100%

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@spambot: Yes, but he has the ability to call it to him whenever needed. Should he truly need it, he can call it.

And it seemed like Old King Thor was past his physical prime, even if he still had all the power he did with the Thorforce. Although it does imply that Galactus has recently fed because he, ya know, vomits quite a bit.

Unless he never uses the bathroom.

Regardless, I feel as though if OKT was capable of matching him, at least for a short while, then Rune King Thor with exponentially more powerful-The Rune Magic pushed him to a level where he was able to stomp beings who were able to keep Odin under their thumb-overall, I'd give the win to Rune King Thor. In my view, he's a being on the same level as someone like SPOM. Just insane levels of power.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf: The un is not standard gear for Galactus though so unless its specified that he has it in the op I would never assume he has it in a battle since he almost never uses it in comics. The vomiting energies feat does imply that Galactus is fed to some degree but probably not at 100%(which the op does need to clarify what exactly he means by that). RKT is basically King Thor with rune magic while OKT's feats have to speak for themselves imo and are not inherent to RKT. Its the degree that rune magic amps him that is in question as is its ability to harm Galactus so given that RKT did not fight someone on the level of a fully fed Galactus or even close to it(since he didn't actually fight twsais) I would have to favor a recently fed Galactus based on feats. Were it a mid fed Galactus RKT should be able to hold his own but recently fed Galactus is just too much.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By conner_wolf

@spambot: I suppose it comes down to personal viewpoint on the matter then.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Spambot

@conner_wolf: It does. I don't see RKT winning this fight but it might be possible if his rune spells could fully affect Galactus.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Yes, but he has the ability to call it to him whenever needed. Should he truly need it, he can call it.

And it seemed like Old King Thor was past his physical prime, even if he still had all the power he did with the Thorforce. Although it does imply that Galactus has recently fed because he, ya know, vomits quite a bit.

Unless he never uses the bathroom.

Regardless, I feel as though if OKT was capable of matching him, at least for a short while, then Rune King Thor with exponentially more powerful-The Rune Magic pushed him to a level where he was able to stomp beings who were able to keep Odin under their thumb-overall, I'd give the win to Rune King Thor. In my view, he's a being on the same level as someone like SPOM. Just insane levels of power.

SPOM hasn't actually done anything substantial to put him on par with a Skyfather.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Correction: What people assume SPOM's power to be.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By jwwprod

Galan.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

exhausted all of his power.

As others have pointed out The Ones Who Sit Above in Shadow are completely featless. Them feeding off of the cycle of Ragnarok does not necessarily demonstrate power greater than Odin's. Magic is a very powerful force in MU. Ragnarok could've been a simple curse that Odin and other creatures in the assorted 9 realms were unable to break. Here are some examples of more Asgardian magic nonsense: Loki turning Borr, who was on par with Thorforce/RK Thor into snow until he was needed later (as part of yet another scheme), and Odin losing badly to the Fourth Celestial host when he just happened to have an enchantment laying around his castle that enables a weapon (Jarnborn in this case) to bypass Celestial armor. So TOWSAiS are not necessarily more powerful than Odin. They may have just used a powerful, PIS/WIS spell on him. Odin basically used his own plan and magic to create a bypass to their magic: Thor. For all we know, TOWSAiS are like remoras unto a shark. Thor triumphing over them proves nothing.

Magic, including the Thorforce, is energy and should be absorb-able to Galactus. He is capable of absorbing Mephisto's realm for example. RKT should be a bag of spicy trail mix to him. Yeah, it burns his mouth a bit but it is otherwise a healthy, filling snack.

@spambot Galactus is capable of summoning the UN to him at any time. He was capable of willing it right out of the hands of Abraxus, who was a multiversal threat, because it is literally a part of himself.. To the best of my knowledge this has not been retconned. This is yet another ability, much like being able to absorb virtually all forms of energy without any outside assistance from technology, that Galactus forgets he has.

Thor, any form of Thor, has no chance against a Galactus who is well-fed, serious, and not jobbing.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Spambot

@nothingclever: In theory some of what you said should perhaps be true(regarding Galactus' energy absorption or ability to summon the un) but when his in character actions in comics have proven to be contrary to that over and over again then that is what takes precedence in terms of his actual powers as a character. Characters are meant to fight in character in battles unless stated otherwise in the op. So since Galactus hardly ever summons the un it shouldn't be considered part of his standard gear in a battle. Galactus' powers and abilities often change from writer to writer especially since his appearances are somewhat rare and more so when he actually fights.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I get what you are saying, but it seems like battles use an idealized form of characters based on feats. If a feat happened canonically it should be admissible. Galactus can summon the UN so IMHO it should count for this battle. He has absorbed energy directly from opponents, such as Hyperstorm and he has absorbed exotic forms of energy such as magic/souls, in Mephisto's realm.

If Galactus fights in character... he fights hungry and loses of runs away. Lol. In comics he has to lose because the alternative his him binging on all life in the Universe.

Then again, given the lack of quantifiable feats for RKT we have no way of judging his power level beyond a few, potentially hyperbolic character statements comparing his power level to Odin's.

Galactus should stomp Thor and actually be more powerful after the battle due to a healthy, low-fat, high fiber meal made of the Thorforce.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nothingclever: Galactus' ability to just absorb other beings seems tentative at best given the way he has used that power in the past. How often has he done that in the past? I think I have seen or heard of him doing that only once. So logic would dictate his refusal to do so over and over again would demonstrate an inability to do so within certain parameters.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Logic would dictate that authors constrain characters regularly for the sake of plot development. Lol.

In most battles I see people extrapolating what characters could do based on past cannon feats. Neither character is hindered by plot here. It is just battle with whatever skills/powers/abilities they have based on past performance.

Thor has access to a ton of abilities that he doesn't use. How many times could he have pulled a win via Godblast? Or Wind of a Thousand Worlds? Just because he doesn't use them does not mean he cannot.

Characters performing at higher tiers are typically written poorly. In the various Thor on Gorr fights how many times did Thor resort to just brawling with a little lightning thrown in for flavor? OKT had unhindered access to the Thorforce and did not reality warp, freeze time, destroy a galaxy, etc. (things Odin has done while potentially less powerful than RKT). It does not mean he cannot. It means a writer did not think to write him to his full potential.

Full potential Galactus can summon the UN or directly drain energy.. Average comic Galactus fires a few energy beams and hoards his energy like Scrooge MacDuck hoards gold coins.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Spambot

@nothingclever: Plot always plays a role in how characters behave in comics but at the same time its not a given that OKT could use the power of the OF in the same manner as Odin could. He had also lost his connection to it to a large degree during the Gorr arc. Godblast isn't an ability Thor can just toss out at a moment's notice either and he does use it more often then people on cv sometimes realize. Even OKT seemed to use an instant one vs Gorr.

With regards to Galactus, I agree he is generally written pretty badly with how he uses his powers(you see it just in how the SS with only a fraction of the power cosmic that Galactus has does all sorts of things with it that you almost never see Galactus do) but its still considered out of character for him to use the un and like I said above, his complete lack of feats to just draining energy leads me to think his energy draining/feeding doesn't work quite like people assume it does. Its always up to the writer to decide on the parameters of how exactly he can use it.

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I was unaware OKT had lost access to TF to some extent. That would explain why he looked kinda weak compared to regular Odin. I would argue that Thor should logically be capable of employing the TF to the same extent Odin employs OF. Thor directly inherits the OF right?

@spambot said:

@nothingclever: Plot always plays a role in how characters behave in comics but at the same time its not a given that OKT could use the power of the OF in the same manner as Odin could. He had also lost his connection to it to a large degree during the Gorr arc. Godblast isn't an ability Thor can just toss out at a moment's notice either and he does use it more often then people on cv sometimes realize. Even OKT seemed to use an instant one vs Gorr.

With regards to Galactus, I agree he is generally written pretty badly with how he uses his powers(you see it just in how the SS with only a fraction of the power cosmic that Galactus has does all sorts of things with it that you almost never see Galactus do) but its still considered out of character for him to use the un and like I said above, his complete lack of feats to just draining energy leads me to think his energy draining/feeding doesn't work quite like people assume it does. Its always up to the writer to decide on the parameters of how exactly he can use it.

The underlined part is exactly how I feel.

I think we are just viewing this battle from different angles: I am talking about max performance while you seem to be taking an average of past performance. I think both approaches are legitimate. We, as fans, are all at the mercy of a rotating cast of writers and editors which makes for a very inconsistent portrayal of our favorite characters.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on who would win.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Spambot

@nothingclever: You seem to be under the impression that I chose RKT to win when I've been saying all along that a recently fed Galactus would win. The op should clarify what he means by a 100% fed Galactus though.

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Galactus wins ! Flawless Victory !

No Caption Provided

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@conner_wolf: No am trying to make you rage :3 , You don't remember me do ya Man :v , Rune king thor may win But Ppl are claiming Galactus 100% = Eternity ? :l Wich is Not True .

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@conner_wolf: lol , What about Steve vs Conner you forget :v i realy give it to RKT He can BRF Galan into anthor Galaxy like he did to BRB , Only if Galactus 100% equal to Eternity Wich is not true .

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dcisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Can RKT BRF Galan into anthor Galaxy ?

No Caption Provided

BadassGrimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Asgard

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThanosWBHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Base-level Odin can hang with a fed Galactus. Rune King Thor, who is commonly recognized as being twice as powerful as Odin, should be able to either stalemate or defeat Galactus. IMO, he wins.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'll take a fully fed Galan over a guy who vaguely might've kind of defeated some people who were maybe above Odin

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Those Who Sit Above In Shadow are actually Beyonders (as Loki suggests and their dialogue seems to indicate), I could see RKT taking it against a Galactus who’s feasted on a world or two. While he didn’t - or more likely, couldn’t - destroy them, they were unable to stop him from severing their link to Ragnarök.

However, if this is full power Galactus, who is also implied to be an equal of Death, Eternity and Oblivion, then Thor loses badly.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rkt

Airgetlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus, easily.

CaptainCoolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

big G

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nozark: a 100% galactus isnt possible because he would be unbeatable. This is proved in last planet standing where he ate everything he saw and became more powerful then even the living tribunal..

Shitty writing but thats the story so yah..

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus when the man fed its scary

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RKT.

Avatar image for astrographsorcerer
astrographsorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No such thing as fully-fed Galactus.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly it’s a major highball showing whenever someone like Odin or Thor really gives Galactus trouble.

I’m not saying it’s PIS, but it is an unlikely event. Galactus could destroy Odin and Thor at the same time 9/10 times, but 1/10 he will suffer a double KO or something.

The_Strategist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole Thor as a Herald of Galactus has me thinking RKT wins. He shouldnt but thats all Im saying

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_strategist: RKT would actually stomp he's multiversal as he beat Multiversal foes in TWIAS and merged with the universe and gained All knowledge. OKT who was Weak Nearly beat fed Galen x OKT two shot Galen. RKT is much more powerful then either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

If by 100% the op actually means a Galactus who just ate one world it could be a very good fight but I think it would be logical to favor big G. If Galactus has eaten more than one planet then you definitely favor Galactus. RKT needed more feats to validate his power level being = or > a recently fed Galactus.

Clyde-W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please stop with the "fully" fed galactus nonsense. Galactus is always at full power, unless stated that he is weak from hunger. I have no idea how so many people think galactus floats around with 50% power lol. The reason he keeps feeding on life energy is to keep himself at 100% power

Avatar image for deactivated-61469eb5765d0
deactivated-61469eb5765d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The world eater

finalbeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full fed? Galactus wins

Atomickitten15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clyde-w: Galactus definitely gets more powerful the more he eats. This is shown in the Doctor Strange series where he consumes magic on mass to gain huge amounts of power.

That said current King Thor (pre-power cosmic) was already above Galactus and could effortlessly drain him of his powers. If RKT scales to current King Thor then I'd back RKT. If not, it depends on how TWAIS are interpreted. There was very strong hinting towards them being Beyonders, which would put RKT above even fully fed Galactus (Eternity Level).

But Galactus definitely gains more power the more he eats.