• 55 results
jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jay_z94

I have checked and this specific battle has never been done before. So it's king thor with rune magic and odin force, which puts him above skyfather level against the sorcerer supreme, they should be quite even in terms of magic, this battle takes place on a deserted planet. Warrior madness for thor could be an option...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
Classic Doctor Strange would teach Rune King Thor a lesson...
heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By heroesgold

@King Saturn said:

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@King Saturn said:

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jay_z94

hmm, well that was an anti-climax, on other forum websites some people said rune king thor would win since his powers are completely ridiculous.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By robertloucksjr

Rune King Thor.

I think his magic is more powerful and his physical skills and Mjolnir would make up the difference if not.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CalebHara

Classic strange would without a doubt beat him

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jay_z94

@King Saturn said:

I found this on Thor's marvel wiki, under the section of Thor's odin force: "decapitate a Desak-occupied Destroyer by focusing a portion of his power into one Mjolnir hurl, and easily conquer all of Earth, and defeat all of its inhabitants such as the Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange. According to the avatar of the Odin Force, Thor recreating celestial bodies and his other accomplishments during his time on Earth were nothing but minimal compared to the Odin Force's limitless power." These feats haven't even mentioned rune magic, with which he is above skyfathers. Also he was connected with "Those who sit above in shadow", can't remember how though. Oh and he is nigh-omnipotent and omniscient. I'm still confused to why Dr strange beats him.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sethlol

Classic Strange.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Pyrogram

@jay_z94 said:

@King Saturn said:

I found this on Thor's marvel wiki, under the section of Thor's odin force: "decapitate a Desak-occupied Destroyer by focusing a portion of his power into one Mjolnir hurl, and easily conquer all of Earth, and defeat all of its inhabitants such as the Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange. According to the avatar of the Odin Force, Thor recreating celestial bodies and his other accomplishments during his time on Earth were nothing but minimal compared to the Odin Force's limitless power." These feats haven't even mentioned rune magic, with which he is above skyfathers. Also he was connected with "Those who sit above in shadow", can't remember how though. Oh and he is nigh-omnipotent and omniscient. I'm still confused to why Dr strange beats him.

Strange is very very strong.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bo88gdan

Classic Strange maybe

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DocFatalis

My preference goes to Strange, but I don't know much about RK Thor, I had given up on the title back then. Classic Strange tales were also very different from the 2000's stories, I find it hard to compare the two.

I'll go with Strange because it's hard to imagine someone who's not a concept beating him at the time he was written. Once again though, I'll admit I know nothing more about RKT than what I've read on this board.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By tomlikesfries

Never read anything with Rune King Thor, but I assume he's a highly overpowered God of Thunder. This should be a fairly decent fight, but I guess Strange would take it :S

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By robertloucksjr

@tomlikesfries said:

Never read anything with Rune King Thor, but I assume he's a highly overpowered God of Thunder. This should be a fairly decent fight, but I guess Strange would take it :S

Actually he is a highly overpowered Odin. Strange has no chance.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MorganFreeman

Strange in the older books was ridiculously powerful, even impressing the Living Tribunal with his strength and willpower (though he's still far below Living Tribunal by his own admission). I'd say Strange takes it.

@jay_z94 said:

@King Saturn said:

Classic Strange and Strange during this time are two completely different leagues of power. It's like comparing Superman to Silver Age Superman, just the difference isn't quite as vast.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By TheCerealKillz

@robertloucksjr said:

@tomlikesfries said:

Strange was able to take down Galactus twice, he was able to take over Thor's hammer with a spell, beat the Inbetweener, can stop time at his will, fought Adam Warlock with the IG, was able to control a black hole, blowing up a moon, blowing up a planet, took on Moondragon who had the Mind gem, and a bunch of other stuff.

Thor gets destroyed.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jay_z94

Well classic thor did hurt galactus, and made him run away, and this is thor with odin force, which is limitless power and rune magic which is infinite mystical power and spells, making him RIDICOLOUSLY overpowered and much more powerful than odin himself. He’s rated as at a semi-abstract level, being above the elder gods as he is omnipotent and omniscient, with Dr strange being nowhere near this level. One last thing, Dr strange is still a mortal man, which is a huge weakness, prone to getting speed blitzed or god blasted. RKT can take this fight. Also, does anyone have any knowledge or scans of when odin force thor conquered the earth, and defeated sorcerer supreme dr strange? (according to thor's marvel wiki)

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jay_z94

I would say it's a very even fight, since both are ridiculously powerful characters, but i'm slightly leaning towards RKT since my previous post sums up how crazy he is. I can't think of anything he CAN'T do, he can even manipulate/stop time and create celestial beings

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JackKnight

Stalemate.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Strange was able to take down Galactus twice

I only recall one instance against a hungry, starving Galactus who was so hungry to a point he was already shrinking.

he was able to take over Thor's hammer with a spell

Exact same issue he admits Loki is more powerful than him, and has huge problem beating an Astral Essence of Loki, despite it being stated to have limited Loki's power. He ended up need Thor''s help to actually defeat Loki there, why is the feat taken completely out of context?

beat the Inbetweener

After realizing he is completely helpless against Inbetweener, Dr. Strange essentially does something he should never be able to do, invoke the power of Lord Order and Master Chaos. So thats a pretty big context to ignore. The second time they fought, Inbetweener won.

Could you show me one instance of Strange ever invoking the power of Abstract apart from that issue???

can stop time at his will,

Odin can do that as well...

fought Adam Warlock with the IG

Pretty big context involved. Adam Warlock was unstable and Dr. Strange had prep. Even then Warlock uses only one gem at a time, and Dr. Strange himself admit had Adam Warlock not stopped he would have killed Dr. Strange when he used power gem and power gem only.

was able to control a black hole

This i am not aware, site me the issue will you.. (i dont claim to have read every issue on Dr. Strange so i am not saying he hasnt done it, its just i have no seen it and good chance that context is involved)

blowing up a moon, blowing up a planet

Genuine.

took on Moondragon who had the Mind gem

Calling Infinity Abyss a 2002 story arc a part of Classic Strange seem odd, and no Moondragon did not have mind gem during Infinity Abyss 3 and it was a pretty close fight.

and a bunch of other stuff.

Dr. Strange himself admitted that he has no chance beating The Wild One an young elder god on his own, despite knowing that he was previously beaten by Neptune, so yeah saying Dr. Strange on a random encounter was skyfather level is just not correct.

Thor gets destroyed.

Sorry to reply to an old post, but honestly Odin himself has so many feats.. its hard to come to this conclusion.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Dr.Strange is powerful, but not no where as powerful as people believe. Prep is essential for him, and so is invoking higher beings powers. He is not on the level of a Skyfather at all, and he loses this battle.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Classic Dr. Strange would win this. He showed abilities to cut people's magic power sources off and he fought people that were Galaxy to Universal level threats more often than Thor Rune King Thor had.

Classic Dr. Strange backed up by the Vishanti pre-retconned should take this.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d

@killemall:

No Caption Provided

But he has a Supernova altering feat. It clearly illustrates multiple times the power of a supernova and mentions a black hole. So I don't think it's out of context of what he does here.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lame...

gav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries said:

This.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By batnorris

@gav said:

@robertloucksjr said:

@tomlikesfries said:

This.

this

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spiderbuck1

stalemate

Avatar image for deactivated-60143218790d8
deactivated-60143218790d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Loki, in astral form, where he was severely depowered, was whooping classic strange without any effort.. Why would you put him againt rkt? Strange is overrated in my opinion.. What would he even do?? Summon the roving rings of raggador :\

batmanrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By batmanrox

Strange would get destroyed...

Avatar image for magnusthemagnificent
MagnusTheMagnificent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's a chance encounter, Rune King Thor should win without too much trouble, but if Strange is given all his artifacts and some time to prepare, he might pull off a few wins himself.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's a chance encounter, Rune King Thor should win without too much trouble, but if Strange is given all his artifacts and some time to prepare, he might pull off a few wins himself.

That's how I see it. Good assessment!

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jrupert1

@killemall: To be fair that same weakened Galactus was handling Thor and Iron Man (and the Fantastic 4) just fine in that issue. But alas, this is Rune King Thor we're talking about. But to add before moving on, the images of Ikonn might work just as well even if Galactus isn't starving. The spell crippled his mind under the pain of all the lives he took, yes his power was weakened but it shouldn't be written off by such a big assumption that more power would absolve the affects of the spell.

As for his battle with Loki, he was still quite the apprentice during that fight. A far cry from where Strange would peak during his classic days, far from where he'd be when he would later battle Dormammu even.

Speaking of which, his first battle with Dormammu was in the dark dimension where just momentarily tapping into that pool he overpowered Gaia (the elder god, mother to the pantheons). While Dr Strange wasn't winning the first fight he did last long enough for him to cause Dormammu to use up enough power that the dimensional barrier keeping the mindless ones out, weakened too much (needing Dr Strange to give him energy to restore it). That early feat which was still before gaining more power with the title of sorcerer supreme (and all the other ways he grew more powerful) put him at a level able to battle Odin scale at least (beyond actually). Still it's hard to say if he can take Rune King Thor, but you can't exactly count him out. If we're talking Strange in his prime (as master of white and black magic, etc etc, giving this his all) then I'd say he has a fair chance for a win. But if you were to just scan through his comics and just pick an appearance and say "him right there, battle RKT" I don't think he would, at least not the majority. Classic Dr Strange could contend with Odin level threats (though with comics, drama and all, he's still lost to lesser foes) but this Thor has all the power of Odin and additional power via the runes, roughly putting him around Elder God level, Dr Strange's ability to contend with that varies too much to say.

But as for prep. I don't really get why people throw that around in forums like it's his key thing. What prep does he ever really do? He's not Dr Doom. Yes there are a few occasions where he has genuinely taken time to come up with a strategy and ready his magics but he usually contends with this thing on the fly. At least in his solo runs, so he rarely knows what he'll be up against. As for his artifacts, he's shown able to summon them to himself as well.

And he never really got to stack his powers. He turns to learning black magic but after losing access to all his white magic and he didn't have any of his artifacts. Then after that he quit using black magic because he doesn't want it's corrupting power to influence him. He absorbs all the gaian magic of the earth, but this is after he loses his title of sorcerer supreme, taking a big hit to both personal and conjuring power. After expending it on creating Stevens and Strange and battling Salome (and them as well actually) oh and a 5,000 year long war, he gains use of catastrophe magic. Only after again losing a great deal of power. Dr Strange in his classic days without any hits to his power and say the benefit of all of the earth magic (or catastrophe), that I see easily giving RKT a good run.

Either way I don't see a stomp for either. A good writer and artist and it would easily be the best fight between two heroes in a comic.

sohanreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think strange takes this but only after a long battle

VenHywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

this is kinda the the only reason i say strange, because the cosmic beings are on a whole other level of power and eternity says stranges power threatens the whole multiverse

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@venhywolf: That's a dream sequence not the actual Eternity talking to him.

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Strange one shots Thor and it's not even funny

will5454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By will5454

That neckless wasn't the source of thor's power remember loki and the asorbing man though the sector was odin's power?

Ghost-Riderrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: did you know when classic strange was created magic had no limit? that means he can do whatever the f*** he wanted

Disassembled85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jay_z94: is there a ranking system I could see? Def want to see where RKT ranks in the marvel universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could definitely see Thor winning, but Strange destroys him in feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc582c5e0583
deactivated-5fc582c5e0583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RKT wins

Rune King Thor is 2x stronger than odin. RKT has rune magic and odin force. Doctor strage can manipulate magic and reality, but he is still a man against Thor's who has the performances of God. Dr. strange got his ass kicked from World War Hulk

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Doctor Strange wins.

Punyaamrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

didn't RKT beat TWSAIS who were above beyonders

RKT wins handily

doctor223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyaamrit: TWSAIS is not even close to beyonders.It is just a loki's lies.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RKT wins.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator  Online

RKT stomps. Odin can beat Classic Strange.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joca19p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RKT.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

My brother. But that's my bias speaking.