This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Father & Son must defend Asgard again'st the bitter judgement of the Celestials. Together they must defend Asgard, here are the battle rules:

• Rune King Thor has Odin Force/Runes
  • Odin comes amped by Asgard, wearing The Destroyer Armour, Belt of Strength and wielding the Odin Sword.
  • The Nine Celestials come just as they were in the comics
  • The battle begins 100 yards away
  • Morals off and blood lusted for team one, though they do recognize each other
  • On an indestructible planet,so Odin and Thor can go all out
Rune King Thor
Fourth Host of The Celestials
#2 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Odin/ Thor being able to stop time has any bearing on the fight, they would still lose.

I am not even convinced the team together could beat Arishem alone, let alone the fourth hoast entire (bar One above all).

#3 Edited by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Unless Odin/ Thor being able to stop time has any bearing on the fight, they would still lose.

I am not even convinced the team together could beat Arishem alone, let alone the fourth hoast entire (bar One above all).

The two should slaughter Arishem by themselves. Odin has shown enough power to cut through the Armour, a duo; which one being significantly higher, would only heighten this example. Also, I don't see why Rune King Thor couldn't stop time. He's shown to able to teleport willingly, and has a knowledge level that is akin to godlike. Meaning, he would find a way to win.

#4 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

The two should slaughter Arishem by themselves. Odin has shown enough power to cut through the Armour a duo; which one being significantly higher, would only heighten this example. Also, I don't see why Rune King Thor couldn't stop time. He's shown to able to teleport willingly, and has a knowledge level that is akin to godlike. Meaning, he would find a way to win.

Cutting Celestial never really worked, they just regrow their arm, just like they did in that instance, just like they did in more recent FF: War of 4 Cities. I dont see Odin having enough energy to put a celesital down, specially someone of Arishem's caliber. 3 skyfather, with all their armies included tried and failed.

I am not saying RKT cant stop time, i am saying i am unsure as to whether that would affect the fight. Celestial have existed outside space and time, maybe stopping time might not give you the desired result.

Personally i dont see anything to suggest RKT or Odin are above celestials, maybe you could substantiate something.

#5 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Alyssabird said:

The two should slaughter Arishem by themselves. Odin has shown enough power to cut through the Armour a duo; which one being significantly higher, would only heighten this example. Also, I don't see why Rune King Thor couldn't stop time. He's shown to able to teleport willingly, and has a knowledge level that is akin to godlike. Meaning, he would find a way to win.

Cutting Celestial never really worked, they just regrow their arm, just like they did in that instance, just like they did in more recent FF: War of 4 Cities. I dont see Odin having enough energy to put a celesital down, specially someone of Arishem's caliber. 3 skyfather, with all their armies included tried and failed.

I am not saying RKT cant stop time, i am saying i am unsure as to whether that would affect the fight. Celestial have existed outside space and time, maybe stopping time might not give you the desired result.

Personally i dont see anything to suggest RKT or Odin are above celestials, maybe you could substantiate something.

Recently, I have been debating far to much and would rather avoid it. This is merely a topic, not a one on one debate; regardless, cutting off an arm shows enough power to hurt a celestial; with a doubled effect, which is all we have to go on, Rune King Thor should be able to take a Celestial out, I do not see why this is unlikely. Odin, having all these amps under his possession could not stop the Ragnorak, Rune King Thor, however could, commingled with his ability to do almost anything, including teleportation, and all seeing eyes; would be in his own class when compared to an Odin of this magnitude. Even if we go on the belief that Rune King Thor is of high Elder God Level, this would even put him in league with Set; capable of being Cosmic and doing anything he wants. If Odin holds off the Celestials long enough, Rune King Thor should be able to take down a few of them, before being over powered.

#6 Edited by cosmic_reign (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

@Killemall said:

@Alyssabird said:

Recently, I have been debating far to much and would rather avoid it. This is merely a topic, not a one on one debate; regardless, cutting off an arm shows enough power to hurt a celestial; with a doubled effect, which is all we have to go on, Rune King Thor should be able to take a Celestial out, I do not see why this is unlikely. Odin, having all these amps under his possession could not stop the Ragnorak, Rune King Thor, however could, commingled with his ability to do almost anything, including teleportation, and all seeing eyes; would be in his own class when compared to an Odin of this magnitude. Even if we go on the belief that Rune King Thor is of high Elder God Level, this would even put him in league with Set; capable of being Cosmic and doing anything he wants. If Odin holds off the Celestials long enough, Rune King Thor should be able to take down a few of them, before being over powered.

Sorry...but Odin is a non factor here. would be the same result as their last encounter. Whats the benefit of cutting off a limb if it regenerates instantaniously?? poor tactic or simply a waste of energy.

And if you put RK Thor at Sets power level, then Arishem solos this fight. Arishem already humiliated Set when he punked his creation the serpent men...and Set did NOTHING.

#7 Edited by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign said:

@Alyssabird said:

@Killemall said:

@Alyssabird said:

Sorry...but Odin is a non factor here. would be the same result as their last encounter. Whats the benefit of cutting off a limb if it regenerates instantaniously?? poor tactic or simply a waste of energy.

And if you put RK Thor at Sets power level, then Arishem solos this fight. Arishem already humiliated Set when he punked his creation the serpent men...and Set did NOTHING.

That was putting Rune King Thor on the low end of a 'supposed' power level. Realistically, I would put him much higher, and seeing as how Elder Gods can affect the embodiment of Eternity; and Rune King Thor is either, high end Elder God, or above; speaks of substantial power in itself. Much more than capable of dealing with a single Celestial. Odin, in the fight, would definitely not be a non-factor, he was able to affect the fabric of a Celestial, which is an impressive feat in itself; Rune King Thor should be able to tho-roughly cut through the host.

Our assumptions on his power are merely based of feats which he exerted little to no effort to achieve, Rune King Thor is definitely able to fight Celestials and destroy them.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

Odin, in the fight, would definitely not be a non-factor, he was able to affect the fabric of a Celestial, which is an impressive feat in itself

And the Celestial regenerated. Not good enough.

#9 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Alyssabird said:

Odin, in the fight, would definitely not be a non-factor, he was able to affect the fabric of a Celestial, which is an impressive feat in itself

If you say so

#10 Edited by BigCimmerian (8873 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Alyssabird said:

Why didn't Celestial regenerate from being torn apart by Galactus? Both Odin and Rune King Thor are comparable to Galactus and they have enough power to destroy single Celestial, Odin was outnumbered in his fight with 4th host.

Edit: Gramar mistakes

#11 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Alyssabird said:

Why didn't Celestial regenerate from being torn apart by Galactus? Both Odin and Rune King Thor are comparable to Galactus and they have enough power to destroy single Celestial, Odin was outnumbered in his fight with 4th host.

Well spoke, take into account the numerous amount of Celestials that confronted Odin; commingled with their leader, would over-power Galactus as easily as they over powered Odin. Regardless, when we bring Rune King Thor into the discussion, people are flabbergasted and deniable to the obvious truth that Rune King Thor IS comparable to Galactus; whom has been put on the floor by a Classic Thor. I still, don't see the team winning, rather; I see Thor being able to cut down a few of them before being over-powered.

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15456 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Alyssabird said:

He only attacked one and with both Zeus and Vishnu helping him.

#13 Edited by ShootingNova (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

Why didn't Celestial regenerate from being torn apart by Galactus?

Which is irrelevant. And which Celestial, specifically? Regardless, this is about the fact that Odin harmed a Celestial which regenerated from that instantly, not about Galactus fighting Celestials.

Both Odin and Rune King Thor are comparable to Galactus

So what?

and they have enough power to destroy single Celestial

And?

Odin was outnumbered in his fight with 4th host.

Which doesn't change the fact that he failed to harm a single one of them permanently.

#14 Edited by ShootingNova (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

I believe you are referring to this:

That was normal Odin. The Odin in this is Destroyer Armor fused with the Souls of Asgard, wielding the Odinsword and the Belt of Strength.

Besides, that is Arishem, one of the most powerful Celestials. Yes, he is in the Fourth Host.

#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (15456 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@entropy_aegis said:

That was normal Odin. The Odin in this is Destroyer Armor fused with the Souls of Asgard, wielding the Odinsword and the Belt of Strength.

I'd say based on more recent showings that it's possible for the father/son duo to take on 2 Celestials,maybe 3 but a whole host? the OP seems to have major Thor fanboyism.

#16 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@ShootingNova said:

@entropy_aegis said:

I'd say based on more recent showings that it's possible for the father/son duo to take on 2 Celestials,maybe 3 but a whole host? the OP seems to have major Thor fanboyism.

If you read my post above, which you haven't; I said the exact same thing. So now, where did this 'Major Thor Fanboyism' come from? & what is it based off of?

#17 Edited by cosmic_reign (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Alyssabird said:

Well spoke, take into account the numerous amount of Celestials that confronted Odin; commingled with their leader, would over-power Galactus as easily as they over powered Odin. Regardless, when we bring Rune King Thor into the discussion, people are flabbergasted and deniable to the obvious truth that Rune King Thor IS comparable to Galactus; whom has been put on the floor by a Classic Thor. I still, don't see the team winning, rather; I see Thor being able to cut down a few of them before being over-powered.

The Host did not confront Odin....it was the other way around. And though there were 9 Celestials present, none but 1 (any 1, take ur pick) was needed to beat Odin in his highly amped Destroyer.

#18 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Fourth Host stomps.

#19 Posted by niBBit (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Arishem fight Odin all by himself and the other 8!! gang up on Rune Kig Thor

#20 Posted by BigCimmerian (8873 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Why didn't Celestial regenerate from being torn apart by Galactus?

Which is irrelevant. And which Celestial, specifically? Regardless, this is about the fact that Odin harmed a Celestial which regenerated from that instantly, not about Galactus fighting Celestials.

Both Odin and Rune King Thor are comparable to Galactus

So what?

and they have enough power to destroy single Celestial

And?

Odin was outnumbered in his fight with 4th host.

Which doesn't change the fact that he harmed none of them permanently.

It was Celestial from alternate Universe, powerful enough to threaten Franklin Richards, when I said that Odin and Rune Thor are comparable to Galactus I meant that if Galactus can one shot Celestials, then both asgardians have a chance to beat single celestial.

#21 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus only wishes he could one shot a Celestial; he's been put on his ass by a god blast from Classic Thor.

#22 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

4th Host with ease just like last time.

#23 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright than, Galactus, Rune King Thor & an amped Odin vs The Fourth Host of the Celestials?

#24 Edited by cosmic_reign (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alyssabird said:

Alright than, Galactus, Rune King Thor & an amped Odin vs The Fourth Host of the Celestials?

Your adding lambs to the slaughter my friend. Although this makes it a much closer battle.

The 4th Host still wins here for reasons i gave on previous posts.

Odin = non-factor

Galactus gets overwhelmed

RK Thor...???..if at Sets power level...would avoid Arishem.

#25 Posted by Alyssabird (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign said:

@Alyssabird said:

Your adding lambs to the slaughter my friend. Although this makes it a much closer battle.

The 4th Host still wins here for reasons i gave on previous posts.

Odin = non-factor

Galactus gets overwhelmed

RK Thor...???..if at Sets power level...would avoid Arishem.

I'd put him above set.

#26 Edited by ShootingNova (19101 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: By "alternate universe" are you referring non-canon or an actual alternate universe?

And having a chance of knocking down one Celestial means what? LOL, are they gonna try to overpower a single Celestial while the rest of the Host crushes them like specks of dust beneath their fingertips?

Odin can't even permanently harm a single Celestial, and Rune King Thor only has a chance of defeating a Celestial. Fourth Host murderstomps.