Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lance Uppercut
Rulk
Ronan
Thing

All participants are at full power. No BFR is allowed. The battlefield is San Fransisco, and morals do apply. Assume that Thing and Ronan have no problem working together. City is fully inhabited. Win is by incapacitation or death.
jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jacobyLIVE

Rulk. If Thing can't defeat the Hulk on a regular basis, he isn't going to have a cakewalk with Rulk. Ronan would be a problem, though. But seeing as how the two are close to being evenly matched. After the physical battle fails, Ronan, being intelligent and tactical, would probably resort to energy blasts. Rulk absorbs energies, so the latter or Ronans attacks would only increase his strength. And then Rulk would beat Ronan with his own hammer.

evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evodmasters

Rulk is still too ganked, we need some retcon up in this thang.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Matezoide2

team 2

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jacobyLIVE said:
" Rulk. If Thing can't defeat the Hulk on a regular basis, he isn't going to have a cakewalk with Rulk. Ronan would be a problem, though. But seeing as how the two are close to being evenly matched. After the physical battle fails, Ronan, being intelligent and tactical, would probably resort to energy blasts. Rulk absorbs energies, so the latter or Ronans attacks would only increase his strength. And then Rulk would beat Ronan with his own hammer. "
Ronan is nowhere near evenly matched with Rulk,he can't even take Ms.Marvel.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@evodmasters said:
" Rulk is still too ganked, we need some retcon up in this thang. "
I really don't see the need for a retcon.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think together the Thing and Ronan could win (no plot devices included).The Thing just needs to piss Rulk off and than Ronan can have his way with him.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro said:
" I think together the Thing and Ronan could win (no plot devices included).The Thing just needs to piss Rulk off and than Ronan can have his way with him. "
The madder Rulk gets the hotter Rulk gets? Could work. I can't say I've seen it work since Hulk #6, but it's possible.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I think together the Thing and Ronan could win (no plot devices included).The Thing just needs to piss Rulk off and than Ronan can have his way with him. "
The madder Rulk gets the hotter Rulk gets? Could work. I can't say I've seen it work since Hulk #6, but it's possible. "
Well the Thing's biggest asset is his durability and since unlike Hulk he doesn't emit any radiation and his mutation isn't reversible by absorption Rulk doesn't have any advantage there.If Rulk is giving him his best and not KO'ing him it will piss him off.In the mean time Ronan could just fall back and when he's overheated..get his shots in.I mean he did drop Ravenous..I think he could drop and overheated Rulk.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro: I think if Rulk is overheating, then he'd drop himself. That's what happened to him when he fought Hulk in issue six. Though IIRC, the only time Rulk and Thing ever fought, Rulk admitted to holding back. He was making it clear that if he'd been at the Baxter Building to kill Thing, he would have snapped his back or some such thing. I'll look for scans. But Rulk seems to be more skilled then the Hulk as well. Unlike Hulk, who just brawls, Rulk actually seems to use tactically advantageous situations. Like when he fought the Lady Liberators, he made it appear as though they'd knocked him out, when in reality, he was waiting to take out the only flying members of the group. When he fought Ross in the Redeemer Armor, he waited until Ross got in close and then one-shotted him. He seems to be a lot smarter then Ben.
jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jacobyLIVE
@Vance Astro said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" Rulk. If Thing can't defeat the Hulk on a regular basis, he isn't going to have a cakewalk with Rulk. Ronan would be a problem, though. But seeing as how the two are close to being evenly matched. After the physical battle fails, Ronan, being intelligent and tactical, would probably resort to energy blasts. Rulk absorbs energies, so the latter or Ronans attacks would only increase his strength. And then Rulk would beat Ronan with his own hammer. "
Ronan is nowhere near evenly matched with Rulk,he can't even take Ms.Marvel. "
Well he can lift around 80 tons, which is close enough to make Rulk take a step back
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@jacobyLIVE said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
Well he can lift around 80 tons, which is close enough to make Rulk take a step back "
Since when?
jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jacobyLIVE
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
Well he can lift around 80 tons, which is close enough to make Rulk take a step back "
Since when? "
I'm not too sure. Recently though
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even without the Loebforce, Rulk could still take out both of them with minimal effort.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@jacobyLIVE: I can't say I've ever seen a class 80 make Rulk step back unless Rulk wanted them to.
jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jacobyLIVE
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @jacobyLIVE: I can't say I've ever seen a class 80 make Rulk step back unless Rulk wanted them to. "
Well, no matter how powerful Ronan is, Rulk wins. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Vance Astro: I think if Rulk is overheating, then he'd drop himself. That's what happened to him when he fought Hulk in issue six. Though IIRC, the only time Rulk and Thing ever fought, Rulk admitted to holding back. He was making it clear that if he'd been at the Baxter Building to kill Thing, he would have snapped his back or some such thing. I'll look for scans. But Rulk seems to be more skilled then the Hulk as well. Unlike Hulk, who just brawls, Rulk actually seems to use tactically advantageous situations. Like when he fought the Lady Liberators, he made it appear as though they'd knocked him out, when in reality, he was waiting to take out the only flying members of the group. When he fought Ross in the Redeemer Armor, he waited until Ross got in close and then one-shotted him. He seems to be a lot smarter then Ben. "
When he overheated...IIRC Hulk started hitting him.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Vance Astro: Hulk hit him twice. I really don't view it as a contributing factor to Rulk going down.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronan solos.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HellionVulcan
@venomoushatred1001 said:
Ronan solos.
This current ronan would destroy rulk no problem thing gets demolished .
ConnorDorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Red Hulk with Forcible Energy Drain ability would win , otherwise Team wins.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Ronan solos

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers