Rule of Two VS Rule of One

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Which of these two Sith Orders is superior?

Round 1:

Darth Bane VS Darth Krayt

Rules:
-This is Orbalisk Bane.
-Both have a week of prep.
-Both are 50 feet away from each other.

Round 2:

Darth Talon and Darth Nihl VS Darth Tenebrous

Rules:
-Random encounter.
-Talon and Nihl are 30 meters away from Tenebrous

Round 3:

Darth Nihl VS Darth Zannah

Rules:
-This is Zannah after she killed Darth Bane.
-Battle takes place on Utapau
-Both have two days of prep.

Round 4:

Darth Vader VS Darth Wyyrlok III

Rules:
-This is ANH Vader
-Battle takes place aboard a Star Destroyer

Round 5

Darth Maul VS Darth Stryfe

Rules:
-This is TPM Maul
-Random Encounter
-Battle takes place on Naboo during night time

Finally, which of these two orders is more effective?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Round 1- Orbalisk Bane

Round 2- Tenebrous destroys

Round 3- Zannah

Round 4- Vader

Round 5- Maul

Rule of Two is more effective.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WollfMyth209

@i_like_swords said:

Round 1- Orbalisk Bane

Round 2- Tenebrous destroys

Round 3- Zannah

Round 4- Vader

Round 5- Maul

Rule of Two is more effective.

How does Tenebrous destroy exactly? I don't know alot about his overall feats. Are they really that good?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1- Krayt

R2- Tenebrous

R3- Maybe Nihl. Not sure

R4- Vader

R5- Maul

Rule of Two was way more effective.

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rule of Two wins every round.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rule of Two is superior, that's why it worked so well

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
  1. Bane
  2. Tenebrous
  3. Zannah
  4. Vader
  5. Maul

Rule of Two sweeps with little to no difficulty.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

RoT in every single round, except perhaps the first if Krayt manages to land Lightning. Not sure if he would know about that, though, so he would probably lose. Bane is faster, stronger, and about equally skilful.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: How does Bane beat Krayt with "little to no difficulty"? I mean yeah he has the Orbalisks, but they've shown to be weak against lightning, and Krayt's lightning is pretty powerful in its own right. Plus Krayt is somewhat more skillful, so he should be able to hold Bane off until he realizes that the Orbalisks are lightsaber-resistant and resort to Force attacks. I just don't see how Bane wins with "little difficulty."

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would think Krayt is more skilled than Bane under normal circumstances; with orbalisks Bane generally doesn't fight with any technique, right?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

I would think Krayt is more skilled than Bane under normal circumstances; with orbalisks Bane generally doesn't fight with any technique, right?

Krayt was taken out with lightning, which Bane is willing to use.

It just depends on whether whose lightning is stronger, Krayt's or Bane's.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It was described as an all-out offensive with no regard for defense, or something like that. I'll pull up the quote later if no one beats me to it. Lol

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@thevivas said:

@jedixman: How does Bane beat Krayt with "little to no difficulty"? I mean yeah he has the Orbalisks, but they've shown to be weak against lightning, and Krayt's lightning is pretty powerful in its own right. Plus Krayt is somewhat more skillful, so he should be able to hold Bane off until he realizes that the Orbalisks are lightsaber-resistant and resort to Force attacks. I just don't see how Bane wins with "little difficulty."

1) Bane could block the Lightning with his Lightsaber.

2) Krayt is more skilled based on what?

3) Orbalisk Bane is far stronger, faster, and much more powerful in the Force.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: 1) Has he ever shown the capability to do that though? Asking cause I can't remember at the time.

2) Defeating Aurra Sing as a Padawan and contending for a short while with Obi Wan a few weeks/months after RotS before he even became a Sith Lord, and utilizing Jar Kai, something that Bane had no defense for the first time he saw it. Athough I'm unsure if he'd have the same problem now.

3) Strength I can agree, but I'm not sure the speed gap is big enough to make that much of a difference. And I don't know if I would say "much more powerful in the Force." Krayt has an answer for his most used offensive Force power, lightning, in Tutaminis and Bane doesn't have any defense against mind based attacks/illusions, IIRC. Krayt also has Healing, Dark Transfer, Shatterpoint, and Drain under his belt, although I'm not sure if he can apply the last two in a combat situation. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@thevivas:

1) Has he ever shown the capability to do that though? Asking cause I can't remember at the time.

Not really, but I don't see why he wouldn't considering his vast knowledge of the Force and it's working.

2) Defeating Aurra Sing as a Padawan and contending for a short while with Obi Wan a few weeks/months after RotS before he even became a Sith Lord, and utilizing Jar Kai, something that Bane had no defense for the first time he saw it. Athough I'm unsure if he'd have the same problem now.

Handling Kasim before he changed up his style is impressive IMO, especially given his reputation. And that is years before his prime. As for Jar Kai, he shouldn't have a problem with the double-bladed Lightsaber, as his apprentice Zannah used it as well.

3) Strength I can agree,

Okay.

but I'm not sure the speed gap is big enough to make that much of a difference.

Well, he was overwhelming Zannah, when he attacked her in RoT, granted, that was before she reached her prime, but she still had some impressive speed feats during that time period.

And I don't know if I would say "much more powerful in the Force."

In terms of Force Lightning, TK, Barrier, etc, etc.

Krayt has an answer for his most used offensive Force power, lightning, in Tutaminis and

True, but Bane's TK could present a problem....

Bane doesn't have any defense against mind based attacks/illusions,

Bane was able to resist Kaan ( who has mentally affected members of the Brotherhood of Darkness Council) several years before his prime, I doubt if mental attacks would have much effect.

Krayt also has Healing, Dark Transfer, Shatterpoint, and Drain under his belt, although I'm not sure if he can apply the last two in a combat situation. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm not sure if any of those could help him to be honest, than again, I'm not a Krayt expert so....

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Not really, but I don't see why he wouldn't considering his vast knowledge of the Force and it's working.

I mean, I guess. Lol. Although I don't know why he would need to, since he was planning on staying in hiding and Zannah couldn't perform lightning.

Handling Kasim before he changed up his style is impressive IMO, especially given his reputation. And that is years before his prime. As for Jar Kai, he shouldn't have a problem with the double-bladed Lightsaber, as his apprentice Zannah used it as well.

That was only because Bane had been studying excessively with him and knew all of his techniques and combos.

Only some unexpected maneuver could save Kas'im, but they had fought too many times in the past for him to surprise Bane now. Over the course of his training Bane had seen every possible sequence, series, move, and trick with the double-bladed lightsaber, and he knew how to counter and nullify them all.

Source: Path of Destruction

And Krayt uses two lightsabers, not a double-bladed one. Lol

Well, he was overwhelming Zannah, when he attacked her in RoT, granted, that was before she reached her prime, but she still had some impressive speed feats during that time period.

True, but I still think it wouldn't be much of a factor. But that's just me.

In terms of Force Lightning, TK, Barrier, etc, etc.

Bane knows Barrier? Or do you mean that Lightning Cocoon he created in RoT?

True, but Bane's TK could present a problem....

Krayt abuses TK just as much in fights, so Bane would have to worry about that just as much.

Bane was able to resist Kaan ( who has mentally affected members of the Brotherhood of Darkness Council) several years before his prime, I doubt if mental attacks would have much effect.

What about defenses against Force illusions? I don't remember if he has any, and Krayt was able to defeat Wryylok and Cade with Force Illusions, with Wryylok being a very adept user in that power.

I'm not sure if any of those could help him to be honest, than again, I'm not a Krayt expert so....

I don't see how Heal wouldn't help, but yeah, I'm no expert either, and I can't remember if he ever used them in a combat situation at the moment. Lol

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

rule of two

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas:

Comicvine is horrible, as I didn't even receive this in my notification.... -_-

I mean, I guess. Lol. Although I don't know why he would need to, since he was planning on staying in hiding and Zannah couldn't perform lightning.

True, but I just find it hard for someone of Banes status to be unable to deflect Lightning....though that may this me appealing to ignorance so I can concede here.

That was only because Bane had been studying excessively with him and knew all of his techniques and combos.

That should have went both ways though; as Kas'im trained with Bane as well, though I don't know if that was ever stated.

And Krayt uses two lightsabers, not a double-bladed one. Lol

I'm not even going to lie to you, I got them confused there for a second, LAL. Though, a double-bladed lightsaber is somewhat like duel-wielding to a certain extent. As you have an extra blade to account for.

True, but I still think it wouldn't be much of a factor. But that's just me.

Fair enough.

Bane knows Barrier? Or do you mean that Lightning Cocoon he created in RoT?

My mistake; Bane used barrier in DoE... and since we have no idea if he knew it in RoT it's best if we leave that feat out. <_<

Krayt abuses TK just as much in fights, so Bane would have to worry about that just as much.

But Bane's TK is more powerful----he has disintegrated a dozen technobeast. Even without the Orbalisk Bane is comparable, if not equal with Krayt, with it, he should be superior by a decent amount.

What about defenses against Force illusions? I don't remember if he has any, and Krayt was able to defeat Wryylok and Cade with Force Illusions, with Wryylok being a very adept user in that power.

Not as far as I know; though he did semi-resist Zannah's Sith sorcery in DoE----that probably doesn't apply to RoT.

I don't see how Heal wouldn't help, but yeah, I'm no expert either, and I can't remember if he ever used them in a combat situation at the moment. Lol

Hehe, fair enough.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheVivas

@dccomicsrule2011:

True, but I just find it hard for someone of Banes status to be unable to deflect Lightning....though that may this me appealing to ignorance so I can concede here.

Fair enough. To be honest, I used to think the same way only months ago. Lol

That should have went both ways though; as Kas'im trained with Bane as well, though I don't know if that was ever stated.

In theory, yeah it should, but Kas'im himself noted that Bane was better than when they trained together, and during their fight Bane gave himself fully over to the dark side, something he never did during their training. That's what really let him take over the fight until Kas'im went Jar Kai against him.

I'm not even going to lie to you, I got them confused there for a second, LAL. Though, a double-bladed lightsaber is somewhat like duel-wielding to a certain extent. As you have an extra blade to account for.

LOL all good man. We all forget things sometimes. But yeah, I guess it can be viewed that way. A double blade is certainly harder to use than two blades, though.

My mistake; Bane used barrier in DoE... and since we have no idea if he knew it in RoT it's best if we leave that feat out. <_<

Ah I see. Then yeah, let's leave that out.

But Bane's TK is more powerful----he has disintegrated a dozen technobeast. Even without the Orbalisk Bane is comparable, if not equal with Krayt, with it, he should be superior by a decent amount.

Forgot about the technobeasts. Then yeah, Bane's TK is more than likely more powerful than Krayt's with the Orbalisks. I still think Krayt uses TK in fights more, though.

Not as far as I know; though he did semi-resist Zannah's Sith sorcery in DoE----that probably doesn't apply to RoT.

I imagine it would be easier for Krayt to utilize Force Illusions against Bane in this state because he's pretty much bloodlusted/angered all the time when he fights with the Orbalisks. And also, seeing as you said, he only resisted sorcery in DoE, which is a good 20 years after RoT, if I'm not mistaken.

I can probably admit to Krayt losing, but just not as easily as JXM said he would. And I don't even like Krayt that much. Lol

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GeorgeWBush

He only disintegrated technobeasts while on a potent darkside nexus as an amp stacked onto his rage amp from the Orbalisks, his best TK feat off nexus is blasting Zannah back with enough impact to shatter her bones.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers