Royal Rumble!!

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OptimusPalm

WWE rules - one new entrant every 60 seconds. All fighters are in character, morals on. Standard equipment. Each fighter gets a list of all entrants 24 hours before the fight starts.

Fight takes place in a WWE style ring made of adamantium, roughly four times the size of a normal WWE ring, with 2 metre high walls. The only ways to be eliminated are to be thrown out of the ring (regardless if both feet touch the ground after or not - once you're over the wall you are out), or be killed.

And so we begin.

'First into the ring, He hails from Canada, he weighs over 400lbs,.....and he has his healing factor for this fight:....'

(order of entrants)

1. Wolverine (starts in the ring)
  2. Omega Red
  3. Cyclops
  4. Venom (Flash Thompson)
  5. Warpath
  6. Wrecker
  7. Iron Fist
  8. Deathstroke
  9. Luke Cage
  10. Bulldozer
  11. Beast
  12. Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
  13. Gambit
  14. Dr Octopus
  15. Nightwing
  16. Daken
  17. Spider-Man
  18. Piledriver
  19. Captain America
  20. Thunderball
  21. Black Panther
  22. Sabretooth
  23. Batman
  24. Bane
  25. Daredevil
  26. Red Skull
  27. Red Hood
  28. Taskmaster
  29. Karnak
  30. Crossbones

So who wins?

(apologies for lack of DC characters)

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty sure Peter can get a win here, considering his place and the fact that he's already kinda above most of the people here, though Luke can be a problem but Peter should be able to get him out.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

my money is on Spider Man for the win!

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_red_viper  Moderator

I'm actually in for Black Panther.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By tparks

@optimuspalm: Awesome idea for a thread!

Anyways, I think Kaine has the best chance of winning here.

Karnak is in a pretty good position to win too because he enters the ring so late in the match. His martial arts may be the best out of everyone in the match combined with his weakness sense.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I like to think that Iron Fist & Luke Cage would begin working as a team once they were both in the ring.

My money for victory is one DD, Bane, or the Heroes for Hire.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I figure Doc Ock can just sit on the wall and wait out everyone.

He can deflect bullets with his arms, and if anyway got close they'd have a hard time not being snatched up or crushed.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OptimusPalm

@tparks: Thank you. I like Karnak which is why I put him there :) I believe he's been smacked around a couple of times by Black Panther though.

@thetruebarryallen: I'm glad somebody brought up teamwork!

@i_like_swords: Exactly. A hero isn't necessarily going to win this...

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nightwing444

Id lean towards the high fliers:Gambit , Nightwing and Peter. Cuz its an entrant every 60s and nobody here is a pushover ....so I think the fast ones are gonna last the longest.Wolverine is taken out by Deathstroke who is taken out by Luke Cage.IMO all the strong ones will go for each other first.So the smaller, fast, unnoticed ones will last longest. Spider-Man should win this

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Scotty 2 Hotty.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gunmetalgrey

Scott takes off the visor every time someone new comes in.. He pretty much cleans house..

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OptimusPalm

@gunmetalgrey: As soon as the 5th guy comes in, he'll stop doing that.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunmetalgrey
OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: And why is that?

Morals are on. They are in character. Warpath is part of the XMen, Cyclops is leader of the Xmen.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@optimuspalm: Have you read any Cyclops lately? His morals have been highly questionable for a while now.

He doesn't even need to do a full blast every time to win. You put a master of spatial geometry and trick shots in a regularly shaped box made of a highly reflective metal.

No Caption Provided

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: No much to be honest. mainly stuff where he has ridiculous powers so morals dont come into it - hes too powerful to care. But why would a guy (who could be knocked out by anybody here) not want to team up with people who fight for him regularly? Why would he take them out straight away? Also, how is he going to deal with Omega Red's death spores? Or put Logan down for good? One optic blast and he'll have Omega Red AND wolverine on him straight away.

(those are the first three because i was hoping somebody would bring up Scott being able to solo). Of course there is a chance, but i really dont see it happening.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: Like I said, the whole ring is made of a highly reflective metal. A couple of well-bounced optic blasts off the floor and he pops them both out of the ring. He's so good at it, he could possibly do it with one.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: Like I said, the whole ring is made of a highly reflective metal. A couple of well-bounced optic blasts off the floor and he pops them both out of the ring. He's so good at it, he could possibly do it with one.

He just ignores the death spores? And Its not like Logan has ever dodged his optic blast before...

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Thank you. I like Karnak which is why I put him there :) I believe he's been smacked around a couple of times by Black Panther though.

That's true, but there are seven minutes of Black Panther having to fight a horde of other people before Karnak even gets in the ring. If Karnak was in an earlier round, I wouldn't have as high of hopes for him though.

I still think Kaine can probably win. He is one of the strongest in the match, and I think his webbing will work well to web people up and swing them out of the ring.

Iron Fist is a wildcard too. His chi charged punches can one shot whoever he connects with.

If the wrecking crew is working as a team, they could be dangerous too. I don't think they would make it until the end, but they would take quite a few people out of the match.

You can never rule out people like Dare Devil and Black Panther either.

I could probably make a case for everyone in this match. Everyone is placed in a good round to give every one a fighting chance.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: Since you haven't been reading that many X-books lately, I should probably let you know that Scott and Logan really hate each others' guts right now (and that's an understatement, I don't want to go into much detail at the risk of spoiling something). He wouldn't hesitate to go full blast right off the bat. Such a wide beam would also blast those spores away.

Honestly though, the rules and the environment for this match are highly in Scott's favor. It's an open space with no cover at all and with reflective walls and flooring. He only needs to get his opponents over a 2 meter high wall, which really isn't all that high. And as I've shown in the scan, he's a master of spatial geometry.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: i dont need to read recent xbooks to know they hate each other. Thats common knowledge lol. Have i suggested those two would team up? No. I even stated that Logan has dodged the optic beam plenty of times.

Again, how about some scans of Scott doing that when hes not 'just practicing'. Also, how many 'bullet dodgers' can you count in this thread? If they can dodge bullets then they should stand a good chance of dodging beams.

Anyway, have a think and get back to me later (with scans) because i dont want to clog my own thread up with my own posts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just had this picture in my head of Spiderman using his wall clinging ability to stick to the floor and ropes so nobody with normal strength can move him.

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE rules - one new entrant every 60 seconds. All fighters are in character, morals on. Standard equipment. Each fighter gets a list of all entrants 24 hours before the fight starts.

Fight takes place in a WWE style ring made of adamantium, roughly four times the size of a normal WWE ring, with 2 metre high walls. The only ways to be eliminated are to be thrown out of the ring (regardless if both feet touch the ground after or not - once you're over the wall you are out), or be killed.

And so we begin.

'First into the ring, He hails from Canada, he weighs over 400lbs,.....and he has his healing factor for this fight:....'

(order of entrants)

1. Wolverine (starts in the ring)
  2. Omega Red
  3. Cyclops
  4. Venom (Flash Thompson)
  5. Warpath
  6. Wrecker
  7. Iron Fist
  8. Deathstroke
  9. Luke Cage
  10. Bulldozer
  11. Beast
  12. Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
  13. Gambit
  14. Dr Octopus
  15. Nightwing
  16. Daken
  17. Spider-Man
  18. Piledriver
  19. Captain America
  20. Thunderball
  21. Black Panther
  22. Sabretooth
  23. Batman
  24. Bane
  25. Daredevil
  26. Red Skull
  27. Red Hood
  28. Taskmaster
  29. Karnak
  30. Crossbones

So who wins?

(apologies for lack of DC characters)

it would boil down to omega red doc ock and bane the first 2 for there appendages that can grab and bane for his insane stamina and strength I gotta give it to omega red he has stronger appendages for grabbing and throwing and is far superior to most in tactis and he is insane that always helps plus hes Russian gotta love Russian badass

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: Yeah, these are a lot harder to dodge than bullets..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He doesn't even need to harm his opponents. He can adjust the intensity while still keeping the wide beam to just enough to push/blast them out of the ring.

No Caption Provided

The relatively small and, as I mentioned, devoid of any cover fighting area plays too much into Scott's strengths.

Being one of the early contenders also works well for him. After he takes care of the first few, he can pretty much just wait for each opponent to blast them out one at a time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Wolverine, Omega Red, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Beast, Doc Ock, Spidey, and Bane in the Elite 8. Omega Red, Doc Ock, Spidey, and Luke Cage in the Final 4. Omega Red and Spidey in the end. And Omega Red takes it.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: Also, for every bullet-dodging feat that those characters have, there's an accuracy/trickshot feat for Scott. It's hardly an argument against his beams. He's trained and fought with speedsters and teleporters alike while leading the X-Men, I'm sure he's got contingency plans for handling them. Scott also knows Logan just as much as Logan knows him, so their knowledge basically cancels out. Btw, FYI Logan currently doesn't have his healing factor, so you should probably adjust his placing or which version you're using to even things out.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OptimusPalm

@gunmetalgrey: Thanks, cool scans, and i agree they would be harder to dodge than bullets (i sort of said that) but i still think some, like spider-man or kaine for example, will be able to dodge it. And those two could one shot scott. Its his durability that i feel will let him down in this kind of fight.

Your last sentence makes me see what you're getting at now, and that does seem possible.

EDIT: i was writing this in response to your previous post to the one above.

@silkyballfro94: Almost forgot i put Beast in this! I'd love to see an all out fight between that final 8

DrunkVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: And for your information, it says he has his healing factor for this fight in the OP. Stop being an ass.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pokergeist

Omega Red for the win. Super strength with incredible reach thanks to his coils. Add to this Death Spores to weaken all opponents and Life Drain to gain health/stamina back. OR is the best for this IMO.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

My Money is on gambit all he has to do is super charge the walls and everything he can touch and he should be able to win this. Or my Money is on the Panther his vibranium daggers can cause nerve loss its pretty sweet

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@optimuspalm: I wasn't, I honestly missed that part since it wasn't in the actual list of rules. My bad.

Putting such a crucial piece of info just in the entrance announcement kinda did confuse me though and might confuse others too. :\