Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Floopay

@CadenceV2: @YoungJustice: @Esquire:

How you guys doing? Up for voting or do you all want a last rebuttal? YoungJustice, you seemed like you were ready for at least one more rebuttal before voting.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: Im good. I cant do my best with 3 ways as I get confuse too easy. Just cant keep up.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By YoungJustice

@Floopay: Sh*t, sorry, putting up rebuttal now.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By YoungJustice

@Esquire

Terrific is invisible to technology, I am almost 100% that the EMP wouldn't go off.

That's not how being invisible works. If Owen was a robot, then he couldn't see Terrific. Or if they were homing boomerangs they wouldn't be able to target him. But this doesn't have any fancy detection powers, it's just a boomerang that gives off an electromagnetic pulse after it's thrown. It pulses for a set amount of time and then returns. It doesn't detect targets to pulse or anything like that Mr Terrific's invisibility won't affect it.

I see, but in theroy, if it sets off an electromagnetic pulse after it is thrown, wouldnt it disable itself?

No, Raven doesn't have them, but she does have intangibility.

How often does she use this? If you think it's likely that she'd be using it against Cadence's team, then I'll concede that she has a chance to survive the initial boomerang onslaught.

She uses it a lot in the show. Almost every battle.

Hank would travel at pretty fast speeds, even if he wasn't, I doubt that any type of tornado would destroy something so tiny.

Haven't read much Ant-Man, but it stands to reason that a person with legs a millimeter long couldn't run very fast. Does he have some way to travel at high speeds while tiny? And the tornado won't care how small he is, it'll just suck him in and toss him around like everything else.

No, but it is like Ant-Man to just go extremely large if a tornado is coming at him, the bigger he gets, it seems he gets more advanced durability.

Also, normal humans have survived tornadoes before, I highly doubt that he would just die via tornado.

Good thing that Terrific has an E.M.P dampener.

He has a device that helps stabilize a a building during earthquakes. Not only am I skeptical that it would do anything at all to affect Static's powers, but it's part of a building. It's not something you can just grab from a lab and strap to your back. Also, if he's placing it "near the battlefield" I don't see why it would have enough range to affect the battle, since it's effects seem localized to the building. And it doesn't work very well, either. Here's the scan:

F*ck

Sorry.

Didnt expect for someone other than me to have read Terrific.

Anywho, the battlefield is a small city, I doubt that it wouldn't have the range to affect the building.

Remember that would have just fought Cadence's team, and IIRC, Azula would be dead. Shields would be a last resort, she would go for the kill.

You misunderstand. Since she's one of the biggest threats here, my team would attack her while she's engaged with Cadence's team. Static and Reed would fire lightning and Owen would throw boomerangs at the same time as Owen threw razorangs to kill Azula. So she would still be fighting in character for the moment.

Wait, when did this happen.

I have no remembrance of you stating this.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Floopay

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By YoungJustice

@Floopay: Thanks.

@Esquire said:

@YoungJustice said:

Azula would be the only one taken down. Pym can go microscopic on thought. Terrific has force fields. Aqualad has armor. Raven has....herself..

So we agree that Azula goes down. Pym would have to see the boomerangs coming, but since he's fighting Cadence's team he might already have gone microscopic. So he might survive the initial onslaught. Owen has EMP boomerangs, so Mr. Terrific's fields will go down, and he'll then be killed by hypersonic razor and explosive boomerangs. Aqualad's armor is useless against the Anti-Metal boomerangs, since they dissolve the molecular bonds forming metals and cut right through. He'll go down. Does Raven have any reflex feats to suggest that she could react to boomerangs that tag Flash?

Terrific is invisible to technology, I am almost 100% that the EMP wouldn't go off.

Even if the EMP didn't disable the field, Static can do it even to an unbreakable field:

No Caption Provided

It isn't a field. It hasn't been explain in-depth, but IIRC, it is a by-product of his T-Spheres or a power.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Floopay

@Esquire: You ready for voting. You said you wanted to get another argument in awhile back...looks like YJ is still up for debate if you are.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Esquire

@Floopay said:

@Esquire: You ready for voting. You said you wanted to get another argument in awhile back...looks like YJ is still up for debate if you are.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I'll get a quick post up later today, but I think I'm about ready for voting.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By YoungJustice

I'm okay with voting.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Esquire

@YoungJustice said:

I see, but in theroy, if it sets off an electromagnetic pulse after it is thrown, wouldnt it disable itself?

I suppose that's a possible theory. It's probably EMP-hardened, I would suppose. It does work, though. Owen has used one in comics, even.

No Caption Provided
She uses it a lot in the show. Almost every battle.

Then I'll concede that she won't get boomerang-blitzed when Owen opens up, then.

No, but it is like Ant-Man to just go extremely large if a tornado is coming at him, the bigger he gets, it seems he gets more advanced durability.
Also, normal humans have survived tornadoes before, I highly doubt that he would just die via tornado.

Still, the tornado was picking up cars and suchlike with ease, so it could still toss him around pretty good. Even if it won't kill him, it'll do a lot of damage and take him out of the fight for a while.

F*ck. Sorry. Didnt expect for someone other than me to have read Terrific. Anywho, the battlefield is a small city, I doubt that it wouldn't have the range to affect the building.

Lol. But again, the dampener is part of a building. It's not something Terrific is going to be able to just carry in and place on the battlefield. And since it only protects the one building, it wouldn't make a difference if the fight wasn't taking place in that particular building. I'm not convinced it would make a difference, anyway, but we could just avoid the one building and fight somewhere else in the city. With Static and Magneto's electromagnetic senses, I don't see either my nor Cadence's team going somewhere that Magnetism is somehow blocked, so I don't think the dampener will really affect the battle.

Wait, when did this happen. I have no remembrance of you stating this.

I've tried to make it clear that my team is going to attack while you and Cadence are fighting, sorry if that didn't come out clearly. Anyway, here's what I said a couple posts ago:

said:

Again, you have to remember that you're fighting YJ's team. Owen can use a speed burst to catch your team unawares, and then spam boomerangs while all the other characters are engaged.

said:

She wouldn't be bloodlusted if she's the first character we target. Maybe once we've killed some of her friends, but not immediately. Even if she tries those shields, Reed can still sic a tornado on her, and Owen won't be hanging around the rest of my team. He'll be kiting around the borders of the battlefield killing anyone who isn't looking at him. So she won't be able to contain him and the rest of my team at the same time.

YJ said:

It isn't a field. It hasn't been explain in-depth, but IIRC, it is a by-product of his T-Spheres or a power.

I've shown Static using his powers on things that aren't magnetic, and there are plenty more instances of that. So he can manipulate the T-Spheres, and consequently disable anything that they can do. And I've never seen Terrific described as having powers, other than those given by his mask and Spheres. So I'm skeptical of it being a power. Coming from the T-Spheres would make sense, because he uses them to do most everything else. The problem is, Static can manipulate them at will, which negates all the advantages Terrific has with them.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Esquire

I think everyone's ready for votes. Cadence, are you cool with it?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Pokergeist

Do it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By renamed040924

This still going? Oh you crazy kids.

I'll put a vote in on the morrow.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Esquire

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Floopay

@nickzambuto said:

This still going? Oh you crazy kids.

I'll put a vote in on the morrow.

@Esquire said:

Ahem...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Esquire

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Floopay

Bump!

Anyone wanna vote on this, I would love to announce a winner sometime...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pokergeist

@Floopay: @Esquire: I vote for myself......

If not then I think Esquire should win next.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Esquire

@CadenceV2 said:

@Floopay: @Esquire: I vote for myself......

If not then I think Esquire should win next.

I feel the same way, only with the names switched.