Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Welcome to TNBB's second tournament!

This match is made for the reading pleasure of the readers as well as the enjoyment of the contestants.

For newbies that don't understand what's going on, check out the CaV post that is stickied on the Battles Forum.

Can a novice debater pull off a massive upset? Can the guy who was talking smack before fend him off? Stay tuned to find out!

Good luck to both and have fun!

Teams

Team @beatboks1:

• Classic Captain Comet (8)
  • Composite Animal Man (5)
  • Lobo (5)
  • Vril Dox II (1)
  • 15 minutes prep (2)
  • Argus (1)
  • Dr. Occult (3)

Team @scottvstheworld:

• SSJ3 Goku (8)
  • Wonder Woman (8)
  • Immune to TP (6)
  • 15 minutes of prep (2)
  • Hercule Satan (1)

CV is malfunctioning and I can only put pictures that I have on my desktop, that's why your team doesn't have pictures.

Rules

• No power absorption/mimicking
  • No cloning
  • No temporal manipulation
  • Matches officially start January 2nd, end January 9th however you can start before that if you wish.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By beatboks1

@scottvstheworld

Well I'm going to kick off with my 15 Mins Prep.

Dox has both Comet and Occult TP link my team. Dox uses this to become fully aware of the abilities of Animal Man, Occult and Argus (already being well acquainted with Comet and Lobo both being members of the team h leads.

In less than a minute he is aware of what Animal man can do and has him use the power he once used of Bwanna Beast to merge the DNA of everyone of my team into a single super being. Animal Man was actually able to use Bwanna beasts power to do more than BB could himeslf and actually play with the DNA strands to create a new super white blood cell to fight disease. This in the hands of a genius in genetics like Dox will allow my new Super being to do amazing things.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dox was after all the one who created the artificial body that houses Pulsar Stargrave which has Superman level stats and vast energy manip powers. he also enhanced himself with prep to be a physical match for Lobo and was able to match and beat him in H2H because of this. To do those things he needed time and equipment which he no longer will.

That's three from each issue so I can't do any more for this thread.

He will use Animal Man's mophagenic link to the animals to alter the DNA/cells

No Caption Provided

to include the stacked powers of speed that he used against Rotworld Flash

He will also stack the durability and healing factors of various animals on top of that of Lobo and Argus. He will also stack the TP and shape shifting of a Protien with the Tp of Bwanna Beast, all the senses of the animal kingdom with the relative time rate of a fly.

Now here is the kicker. Classic Comet's genes are loaded with an energy that mutated him into a future potential 100,000's of years ahead of where his body etc was at the time.

No Caption Provided

In this new merged form he will be mutating the existing super powered entity to even greater heights. So where his original metamorphosis changed a normal man who at peak potential could lift maybe 400 lbs (lets be generous and say 500) he became a 100+ tonner. That's an enhancement of 400 times +. he had invulnerable skin, could use mind over matter to matter manipulate. could control the energy of a Green Lantern lantern against their control, could TP scan an entire dimension, and had vast TK .

At the end of this story was when his body also attained the physical powers of 1/10 a Kryptonian

So my new merged single character will have

1. Speed 300 times that of light ( rotworld Flash was 3/4 light speed)
  2. Reactions to match Zoom (relative time rate of a fly who's life span is 2 days making 80 years for an adversary only 2 days to me, plus precog and Argus' vision that allows him to see future actions)
  3. Strength that is 400 times that required to move a star/ stellar mass (Lobo's best strength feat with the effect of Captain Comet's evolution/mutation further enhancing him) - that is excluding the strength amps from Animal mans stacked animal powers making him a 100+ tonner alsoDurability, regeneration etc
  4. 400 times the combined durability of Lobo, Arus, and Animal mans stacked stegasaurus, rhino,dung beetle etc.
  5. Has the combined TP of Bwanna Beast, a Protien, and Dr Occult multiplies 400 times making even the impressive feats of Captain Comet pretty ordinary since that was just the enhancement of a NORMAL human. Xman/Nate is now a second Rate TPer by comparison since some of Classic Comet's feats already encroaching his)
  6. Has the intellect of a 10th level genius multipled 400 times ( Comet himself was stated to be a genius and that was from a normal human amped)
  7. has all the senses of the animal kingdom and sonic and electric and light manip abilities, plus the sight of Argus magnified 400 fold.
  8. can still manipulate matter and energy in the way Classic Comet could (probably due to a greater base mind to a far greater degree, certainly has more knowledge on how to use that)
  9. has the shape shifting power of a protien also enhanced to new heights.
  10. and to cap it off is armed with a powerful talisman that can deflect all energy and cancel all magic directed at him

Now there will be complaints no doubt that my new character can solo the Justice League big 7, which he more than likely can. However soloing them without Flash was only 20 points and I spent all 25 to get this level of power.

From here being vastly more powerful than your team I blitz the crap out of them with little to worry about.

*edit* I've put pack about half the images and fixed SOME of the formatting but it doesn't seem to want to allow me to put the rest back

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: argh, head hurts from reading excessively large blocks of text. Can you use the header function next time lol

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: argh, head hurts from reading excessively large blocks of text. Can you use the header function next time lol

WTF happened to my post. I had dozens of images in it and it was formatted bullet pointed. Between ever paragraph was a set of images, AND that last massive block of text was 15 bullet points numbered.

F#45 CV bugs

Avatar image for scottvstheworld
ScottvsTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ScottvsTheWorld

I'm currently writing a reply to your post (should be up before the weekend) but I'll wait until CV stops bugging and you can fix your post.

@beatboks1

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottvstheworld: fixed some of it, can't get the rest to stick for some reason so this will have to do for now

ScottvsTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ScottvsTheWorld

Hi there, long time lurker, first time debater, lol.

First of all, I’d like to apologize in advance because my response time will be quite sporadic because of the holiday season, however I do agree we should start early.

But before I get into my team’s 15 minutes preparation, I’d like to discuss yours. There seems to be a lot of heavy speculation occurring, and I don’t quite believe this all really adds up (my text will be in bold as I am still new to CV's format).

@beatboks1 said:

@scottvstheworld

Well I'm going to kick off with my 15 Mins Prep.

Dox has both Comet and Occult TP link my team. Dox uses this to become fully aware of the abilities of Animal Man, Occult and Argus (already being well acquainted with Comet and Lobo both being members of the team h leads.

In less than a minute he is aware of what Animal man can do

I suppose this is possible.

and has him use the power he once used of Bwanna Beast to merge the DNA of everyone of my team into a single super being. Animal Man was actually able to use Bwanna beasts power to do more than BB could himeslf and actually play with the DNA strands to create a new super white blood cell to fight disease. This in the hands of a genius in genetics like Dox will allow my new Super being to do amazing things.

Since when has he shown the ability to completely and flawlessly merge not only several humanoids (not animals), but ones with such complicated and vastly superior alien DNA(by this I mean, not just simple animal powers)? Also, wouldn’t Bwanna Beast have to be present for this plan to work? And if so, wouldn’t this be considered to be a significant amount of outside help for your preparation time?

Dox was after all the one who created the artificial body that houses Pulsar Stargrave which has Superman level stats and vast energy manip powers. he also enhanced himself with prep to be a physical match for Lobo and was able to match and beat him in H2H because of this. To do those things he needed time and equipment which he no longer will.

That's three from each issue so I can't do any more for this thread.

I'm not trying to lowball but this particular scene didn't prove to be very impressive, considering the character in question could not defeat his opponent and also was overloaded with energy - which would be very beneficial to my team.

He will use Animal Man's mophagenic link to the animals to alter the DNA/cells

No Caption Provided

Again, wouldn't this just be animals? I don't think you can just assume because of the supposed speculative characters improved intellect could all of a sudden create new powers that Animal Man hasn't displayed.

to include the stacked powers of speed that he used against Rotworld Flash

He will also stack the durability and healing factors of various animals on top of that of Lobo and Argus. He will also stack the TP and shape shifting of a Protien with the Tp of Bwanna Beast, all the senses of the animal kingdom with the relative time rate of a fly.

Now here is the kicker. Classic Comet's genes are loaded with an energy that mutated him into a future potential 100,000's of years ahead of where his body etc was at the time.

No Caption Provided

In this new merged form he will be mutating the existing super powered entity to even greater heights. So where his original metamorphosis changed a normal man who at peak potential could lift maybe 400 lbs (lets be generous and say 500) he became a 100+ tonner. That's an enhancement of 400 times +. he had invulnerable skin, could use mind over matter to matter manipulate. could control the energy of a Green Lantern lantern against their control, could TP scan an entire dimension, and had vast TK .

At the end of this story was when his body also attained the physical powers of 1/10 a Kryptonian

The part about this that doesn’t make sense is that even IF Captain Comet is x400 of a normal man, that does not in any way mean that his x400 factor would apply to this purely speculative character. These powers that are being combined could only be stacked additionally, not multiplied. Especially since that was his original incarnation. It’s not like he’s going “Super Saiyan” or anything.

And that being said, even if I were to humor you, do you really want to get into a speculative debate with fan-made calculations against a team with Super Saiyan 3 Goku on it?

So my new merged single character will have

1. Speed 300 times that of light ( rotworld Flash was 3/4 light speed)

If you were to use calculations and the Super Saiyan multipliers, Goku would be at a minimum of 400 times the speed of light in combat.

2. Reactions to match Zoom (relative time rate of a fly who's life span is 2 days making 80 years for an adversary only 2 days to me, plus precog and Argus' vision that allows him to see future actions)

This part I extremely doubt.

3. Strength that is 400 times that required to move a star/ stellar mass (Lobo's best strength feat with the effect of Captain Comet's evolution/mutation further enhancing him) - that is excluding the strength amps from Animal mans stacked animal powers making him a 100+ tonner alsoDurability, regeneration etc
    As many of us know by now, lifting strength is not equal to striking power.
  4. 400 times the combined durability of Lobo, Arus, and Animal mans stacked stegasaurus, rhino,dung beetle etc.
  5. Has the combined TP of Bwanna Beast, a Protien, and Dr Occult multiplies 400 times making even the impressive feats of Captain Comet pretty ordinary since that was just the enhancement of a NORMAL human. Xman/Nate is now a second Rate TPer by comparison since some of Classic Comet's feats already encroaching his)
    1. I know you`re probably aware, but my team has immunity to TP
  6. Has the intellect of a 10th level genius multipled 400 times ( Comet himself was stated to be a genius and that was from a normal human amped)

There’s no such thing as a 400th level intellect lol.

7. has all the senses of the animal kingdom and sonic and electric and light manip abilities, plus the sight of Argus magnified 400 fold.
  8. can still manipulate matter and energy in the way Classic Comet could (probably due to a greater base mind to a far greater degree, certainly has more knowledge on how to use that)
  9. has the shape shifting power of a protien also enhanced to new heights.
  10. and to cap it off is armed with a powerful talisman that can deflect all energy and cancel all magic directed at him

I’m gonna need proof of what this talisman can do.

Now there will be complaints no doubt that my new character can solo the Justice League big 7, which he more than likely can. However soloing them without Flash was only 20 points and I spent all 25 to get this level of power.

From here being vastly more powerful than your team I blitz the crap out of them with little to worry about.

*edit* I've put pack about half the images and fixed SOME of the formatting but it doesn't seem to want to allow me to put the rest back

So that being said, I don`t believe your speculative character would have the potential to be as strong as you claim nor would he be able to defeat my team from what you have currently posted.

Now, for my 15 minutes of prep:

Goku

Goku will use his Instant Transmission to teleport across space and dimensions to his Korin`s Tower, wherein he will take a bag of 3 senzu beans (one for each character on my team, so as to not go overboard - a regular bag usually contains 5 or 6 beans).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you can see here, Goku uses instant transmission from King Kai`s planet in the spirit realm to another planet far, far, far away in the realm of the living. When he returns, he begins to charge a Super Kamehameha.

Wonder Woman

As a composite version of Wonder Woman, using both her feats and items across both the Pre-Flashpoint continuity as well as the New 52.

No Caption Provided

She will equip her unbreakable Lasso of Truth.

Hercule

Honestly, who cares? Let's say he stands behind a rock and taunts the enemy.

No Caption Provided

That should conclude my 15 minutes of prep. @beatboks1

ScottvsTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to be having a lot of trouble with spoiler blocks and images too, so I hope this will do for now.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beatboks1

@scottvstheworld:

Since when has he shown the ability to completely and flawlessly merge not only several humanoids (not animals), but ones with such complicated and vastly superior alien DNA(by this I mean, not just simple animal powers)?

In the issue from which I posted the scan. I can't due to CV rules post the whole amount as it would be over the number of pages etc. However since the panel I showed actually shows him doing vastly more than Bwanna beast does with the same power (and bwanna beast basically just merges DNA of two creatures into a new merged one) Buddy actually played with particular types of DNA withing bwanna beast that were not animal related, he altered existing "HUMANOID" DNA into a new strand completely.

Also, wouldn’t Bwanna Beast have to be present for this plan to work? And if so, wouldn’t this be considered to be a significant amount of outside help for your preparation time?

At the time of the feat that was the case. Buddy could use the pwoers of animals within a radius of him. I however am using Composite Amimal man, which means I get the feats of all versions and Animal man changed so that he could use the abilities of any animal in the universe (no longer required to be near). This applies to Bwanna beast also because his abilities come from the red, the same place the animal powers come from.

Some examples

And that being said, even if I were to humor you, do you really want to get into a speculative debate with fan-made calculations against a team with Super Saiyan 3 Goku on it?

Oh I'm so scares, super saiyan Goku. Dude without may planned merger a few of my team can take him solo. Let me see now,

I have a guy who can stack the powers of every animal in the universe and basically become as strong as he likes, fast as he likes with reactions that make you appear to no be moving to him. He can control his mass and if I pull the really big feat (which i wont) has taken on the power of the sun eater (a solar system destroying artificially created life form- which is why I think the writer of that one was high) ANIMAL MAN.

I have a team member who when possessed by a parasite has soloed the LEGION including Lobo ( a guy who soloed teh JLA and beat the puss out of Superman while he was drunk. A guy who has also defeated not one but several GL level characters with their own energy ( Sinestro, Power ring, Hal Jordan). and who is stated on panel to be as fast as flash and has also hurt Superman in a fight. Plus has tp at MMH level and TK well above his Captain Comet.

I have another guy who has pulled stellar mass out of the sky. He can literally pull stars around LOBO

The a fourth member of my team who is in all reality a street leveler in most respects has a talsman that literally repels all energy attacks launched at it back at the one launching them Dr Occult. Using his disk he has defeated hell olords in their own realm.

I'm not trying to lowball but this particular scene didn't prove to be very impressive, considering the character in question could not defeat his opponent and also was overloaded with energy - which would be very beneficial to my team.

Ha ha, Pulsar Stargrave has absorbed and released energy on the elvel of several stars. he has soloed the Legion Of Superheroes (which includes 5 Kryptonian level characters - Superboy, Mon-el, Ultraboy, Supergirl, and member of the Marvel Family). He was only "overloaded" because a device/weapon designed by the man who made him was stuck into his skull to overload him on his own power. That man is on my team not yours.

This part I extremely doubt.

Then Doubt no more.

No Caption Provided

Depending on the fly some live for weeks some only days. Hours flies like the one pictured life 4 weeks. a mayfly only 24 hours. So what is 24 hours for you is now 80 years to buddy since he no longer has to rely on what is in his vicinity. A different time rate makes Zoom appear as a blur to Flash and makes Flash look slow to zoom and that is what I have on my team.

Again, wouldn't this just be animals? I don't think you can just assume because of the supposed speculative characters improved intellect could all of a sudden create new powers that Animal Man hasn't displayed.

Dude you already saw a scan of Animal man using the power to alter HUMANOID blood cells to create something new, a super white blood cell to fight anthrax. I don't even see how this can be a question when in the very first post you see him doing it with non animal DNA.

The part about this that doesn’t make sense is that even IF Captain Comet is x400 of a normal man, that does not in any way mean that his x400 factor would apply to this purely speculative character. These powers that are being combined could only be stacked additionally, not multiplied. Especially since that was his original incarnation. It’s not like he’s going “Super Saiyan” or anything.

CC is what a human man will be evolved to in 100,000 years. The merged character is what a being with their base DNA would be evolved to in the same time. That is what the energy did to his body. He was even capable of controlling that evolution. For example he prevented his body originally from evolving, when his mental power was affected that control dropped and his body evolved also. the he mentally changed and controlled that evolution to look more human. The 400 times was only to give an idea of how to translate that. the basics of evolution is survival of the fittest. so what comes about in 100,000 years is vastly stronger. it's also NOT speculation because in DC comics (where the characters come from) we already know that in 1 million years many of those evolved from the heroes a vastly more powerful. It's proven in the canon of the comics. There is also a man evolved to 200,000 years that Comet fought.

As many of us know by now, lifting strength is not equal to striking power.

I wouldn't worry about Lobo's striking power too much. he's soloed the JLI, punked MMH in a few panels (when he had help). Beat up Superman a few times. Meat up Mon-el, Captain Marvel.

I know you`re probably aware, but my team has immunity to TP

That was aimed as a warning at who it was addressed to. tell me toes TP immunity help against TK that has withstood the powers of a god?? or smashed Several GL's?? Who can restructure matter with his mind

Oh and just so you know

No Caption Provided

That's another one of my characters who's as fast as Flash

There’s no such thing as a 400th level intellect lol.

Dude, the whole of humanity is rated as a compelte race as a 1st level intellect. Vrill Dox is a 10th, his father and son were 12th's and stated to be twice his intellect. Brainiac 13 of the 64th century was a 13th (double again of the 12th). You don't need to be a 400level intellect to be 400 times smarter than a 10th when each number doubles (and I have news for you there is a Brainiac 417, who you guessed it- but he's from a million years into the future, another 3 zeroes. )

I’m gonna need proof of what this talisman can do.

In the first scan he fights the world hater Koth first summoned by devil worhsipers to bring about the end of existence. In the second and third his disk of the seven and Alan Scot's lantern are the nexus through which all magic power in the DCU universe is focused revive Spectre to save it, in COIE. Then without even knowing what type of attack is brought to bear he raises his disk to repel it as he has always done. It turned out to be psionic energy.

No Caption Provided

Here an energy blast from his disk destroys a demon who by his own words could have taken any one of Dr fate, Etrigan, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, or Zauriel. It's only ever as powerful as the energy it's around so no matter how powerful you think your team is if it's based on energy (like Chi) then I have a single character as powerful as your whole team. Yet he has been caught and captured in a cell, punched and beaten by normal beings because around them his disk doesn't wield such power.

Lets say for the sake of argument that for some strange reason Comet's power doesn't evolve this new merged life form. Even without that I have managed to combine three characters who can or have achieved greater strength and durability than Superman into one. Two of them as fast as Flash. Two capable of teleportation (one across light years the other even through time). Two who have the ability to phase, one can become invisible, one can alter size, two have TK, Three have TP, two are genius, once can alter matter with his mind. Three have the ability to see the future or sense danger. two can astral project, and one can just keep pulling powers out of his backside. The new merged character without any benefit of evolution (which he will have) is still able to speed blitz your entire team with greater strength, greater durability and power than they have the ability to deal with.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottvstheworld:

Just to re-iterate and summarize my plan.

1. Comet and Occult mind link my team and Dox becomes familiar with those whos abilities he doesn't know.
  2. Animal man merges the DNA of all my team into one new super hybrid character with the combined abilities powers and capabilities of all.
  3. Once merged Dox uses his vast knowledge of DNA to further play with the mix to make the merged character even better. He could create a being who was a living star and make his own fairly ordinary body an equal match to Lobo.
  4. The energy in captain Comet's cells causes the same evolution to a 1000,000 years future of the new super merged being that it caused for him. The 400 times calculation thing was only to show the potential of such a thing. I am not saying that this new build will be 400 times the power in all respects but that it will be vastly more powerful than the sum parts. We only have to look at Justice Legion Alpha which isn't even as evolved as Comet in years (as they were from the 873 century so 87300 years future) to see how vastly amped the evolution would make the new character.
  5. Trying to debnate that it doesn't work because those being merged aren't animals fails when instance of Animal man doing it was "NOT ANIMALS". BUddy baker with vastly less knowledge on DNA than Vril Dox could make highly complex changes to a DNA strand with the power. It's as safe as a bank Dox can do vastly more.
  6. No one on my opponents team will be able to react fast enough to my new character to stand a chance.
  7. Everyone on my opponents team will appear to be statues by comparison to our altered rate of perception (please note this is not time manipulation. Only my perception of time has changed)
  8. any energy used against my team courtesy of the disk of the seven will only bounce back to the one throwing it.
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers