Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bane123456:

The joker has been portrayed as (with a knife) good enough to roll with Batman.

Also this is supposed to be H2H only

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker can go toe to toe with batman and actually last a few seconds because of his fighting style. Rorschach cannot predict what the joker does because the joker is random. The joker will trash talk to get Rorschach to lose focus then gorge out his eyes. If Rorschach breaks the jokers arm he'll just use the expose bone as a knife and win...

Joker wins by mind F***ing Rorschach.

goblin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzeru:

Yeah I think the comic Rorschach is a bit underwhelming. And even in the Before Watchmen series... he was a real disappointment who kept getting owned by a bunch of common street levelers. Hell, he didn't even finish off the bad guy in the end, he lucked out (won't spoil)... just disappointed.

So I think comic Joker > comic Rorschach

However, what about movie Rorschach? I think he's boss enough to take out the Joker...

I mean, he moved really fast (dodged bullets) and was one hell of a fighter...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Joker gets put down.

goblin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By goblin123

@badvoodoo:

Rorschach is pretty hard to mind F. In the movie he was getting trash talked by all of the inmates and he kept his cool. Even in the end, he was very composed even as he was getting trounced by Ozy. He's a guy who keeps his cool.

I think he'd just see the Joker for what he is, a psychopath cockroach with a big mouth, limited fighting capability, and a deranged mind. Joker wouldn't make him lose balance and would not have the time to. Ror doesn't mess around; he always dispatches with his enemies in the fastest, most efficient, and brutal manner possible while always being aware of his surroundings. He's a bit like Batman in that regard... less skilled but more brutal and more willing to use lethal force.

Joker talks too much and takes his time and plays with his opponents. This will cost him against a man like Rorschach. Don't think the Joker's used to lethal force being used against him. I don't see anything he says throwing Rorschach off. Rorschach would just concentrate on the fight like he did while he was in prison and everyone was taunting him... carefully observing his surroundings and using it to his advantage.

Even in a fight, Rorschach is unlikely to be surprised since he's always so aware of his surroundings. He wouldn't mess around with the Joker, he would simply take him out as quickly and brutally as possible.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

October 10th 1985

Ran into a man painted up like a clown,,,sometimes the night is good to me

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#59 JediXMan  Moderator

Joker is a Batman villain.

What more needs to be said? Rorschach can't hang with Batman's enemies.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Rorschach automatically loses to batmans rogues because they lose to batman?

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach has been described as a highly skilled boxer and is extremely intelligent and a brilliant tactician being described by Nite Owl as "unpredictable and tactically brilliant". He's feared on the streets for his brand of ruthless justice. Rorschach is well versed in street combat, gymnastics, and boxing. I think he could take joker in a fight,,if joker does remotely well against batman it's because of plot. Both are unpredictable and should have a good match

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bane_of_sith:

It's mostly just knife fighting. Joker excels in knife fighting (have you read the Joker comic?) but not H2H.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Joker is a Batman villain.

What more needs to be said? Rorschach can't hang with Batman's enemies.

I.....cant....believe....what I'm reading. Somebody has hacked jedixman's account.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: I know joker shines with his knives above all but he's had decent showings with bare hands as well,,but I still think Rorschach would out class him

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#65  Edited By Saren

Joker stomps.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Joker should be able to handle him.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

Joker stomps.

Interesting, how come? i admit i haven't read the comic but i've seen the movie and i assumed that he was skilled as he was there, or at least close.

Rorschach is literally one of the worst street levelers in comics. In the original Watchmen, he was beaten to a pulp by random cops, and in the prequel series that came out recently, he was beaten to a pulp by random thugs. The character has done nothing to suggest he could even beat 6-year-old Damian Wayne.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 the_red_viper  Moderator

Rorschach would literally obliderate him.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Joker stomps.

Interesting, how come? i admit i haven't read the comic but i've seen the movie and i assumed that he was skilled as he was there, or at least close.

Rorschach is literally one of the worst street levelers in comics. In the original Watchmen, he was beaten to a pulp by random cops, and in the prequel series that came out recently, he was beaten to a pulp by random thugs. The character has done nothing to suggest he could even beat 6-year-old Damian Wayne.

Rorschach was alone, with a broken leg, against a crapload of cops. He managed to shake off (and even kill) some of them (including armed and armored SWAT forces) before being swarmed by them. He is also an expert of improvising weapons and getting out of tight situations. Even if Joker, somehow gives him trouble, he would come out on top.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Joker stomps.

Rorschach was alone, with a broken leg, against a crapload of cops. He managed to shake off (and even kill) some of them (including armed and armored SWAT forces) before being swarmed by them. He is also an expert of improvising weapons and getting out of tight situations. Even if Joker, somehow gives him trouble, he would come out on top.

Cops are fodder regardless of a character's physical condition. Armored cops, SWAT cops, good cops, bad cops, gritty reboot cops; all fodder.

Rorschach didn't have a broken leg when a group of thugs beat him to a bloody pulp and left him in the sewers to lick his wounds. What was the excuse then?

Joker has singlehandedly killed the entire Royal Flush Gang. He's killed assassins from the LOA. Any single one of his most low-scale showings are better than just about anything Rorschach has ever done......which is basically nothing. And that's not even considering the possibility that Joker most likely will not even touch Rorschach. One squirt of Joker Venom and he's done.

Again, we are talking about the worst street-leveler in comics here.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach would literally obliderate him.

Nah.He would die fast and easily.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Joker stomps.

Cops are fodder regardless of a character's physical condition. Armored cops, SWAT cops, good cops, bad cops, gritty reboot cops; all fodder.

Rorschach didn't have a broken leg when a group of thugs beat him to a bloody pulp and left him in the sewers to lick his wounds. What was the excuse then?

Joker has singlehandedly killed the entire Royal Flush Gang. He's killed assassins from the LOA. Any single one of his most low-scale showings are better than just about anything Rorschach has ever done......which is basically nothing. And that's not even considering the possibility that Joker most likely will not even touch Rorschach. One squirt of Joker Venom and he's done.

SWAT is not fodder, they're on par with any army soldier. They are highly trained, armored with bulletproof vests and carry automatic weaponry. Rorschach's leg was badly hurt. Maybe not broken, but seeing how he landed it was definently badly hurt. He was swarmed by cops (I count 5, I'm holding the book right now), but inside Moloch's house he still managed to outsmart and even kill a few SWAT men (again, highly trained and armed with automatic weapons).

Joker's not going to have his Venom with him since it's h2h only.

Rorschach is physically stronger than Joker (he was able to lift and throw a fully grown german sheperd through a glass window, which is quite heavy). He was able to break a toilet with a single kick. And after Veidt beat the sh!t out of him (twice), he still managed to get up, more than willing to fight.

Please show me scans of Joker beating a whole gang and a group of trained assassins by himself.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@the_red_viper said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Joker stomps.

SWAT is not fodder, they're on par with any army soldier. They are highly trained, armored with bulletproof vests and carry automatic weaponry. Rorschach's leg was badly hurt. Maybe not broken, but seeing how he landed it was definently badly hurt. He was swarmed by cops (I count 5, I'm holding the book right now), but inside Moloch's house he still managed to outsmart and even kill a few SWAT men (again, highly trained and armed with automatic weapons).

Rorschach is physically stronger than Joker (he was able to lift and throw a fully grown german sheperd through a glass window, which is quite heavy). He was able to break a toilet with a single kick. And after Veidt beat the sh!t out of him (twice), he still managed to get up, more than willing to fight.

Please show me scans of Joker beating a whole gang and a group of trained assassins by himself.

Soldiers are also fodder in comic books, and now you're telling me Rorschach's leg wasn't even broken? LOL. Please furnish an excuse for this showing, post-haste.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Those are mediocre strength feats, and Veidt could have very easily killed Rorschach. He just didn't care enough to.

Hand to hand stipulation doesn't matter; the Joker's nails are laced with his venom. Rorschach is still getting one-shotted.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He killed Ra's assassins with a gun (not H2H) and beat assassins from the 99 Fiends with a spade.

And he's also defeated a young Tim Drake during his early days as Robin.

I can post PIS like Joker beating Psimon to death as well, but he really doesn't need feats like that to beat Rorschach.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 the_red_viper  Moderator

@citizenbane: Joker tanking a 6 year old isn't impressive at all. Even if it's Damian. He's just a little kid, he hasn't enough physical strength to really hurt a grown man, even with a crowbar. Same goes for Tim, he was very young when he just started out as Robin (he was 12 or something. Not 6, but still a little kid). I don't think he would stay on his feet after a hit from Rorschach (the guy who shattered a toilet with one kick and hurled a fully grown guard dog).

Joker only beats people using weapons. We have never seen him being any good in h2h. He has a big pain threshold, I'll give him that much, but so does Rorschach (the Veidt thingy. And yes, I know Veidt could have killed him but that's not the point. The point is showing that Rorschach has a great pain threshold and endurance). Even if Joker lays a punch or something on Rorschach he would shrug it off and break his leg or something. Besides, Rorschach has a knack for improvising weapons out of pretty much nothing, dude's a MacGuyver.

As to your first scan, that was a prequel to Watchmen. Rorschach was a lot less skilled and experienced, besides, he was outnumbered and unarmed, and his foes were heavily armed. I'm 101% sure Joker would have eaten dirt there as well.

Please show me a scan of Joken taking on someone his own size, without weapons, then we'll talk.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker ftw

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@the_red_viper said:

@citizenbane: Joker tanking a 6 year old isn't impressive at all. Even if it's Damian. He's just a little kid, he hasn't enough physical strength to really hurt a grown man, even with a crowbar.

Nobody begs to differ. Oh wait, he can't, because he died when Damian shoved his fingers through his brain.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane: Joker tanking a 6 year old isn't impressive at all. Even if it's Damian. He's just a little kid, he hasn't enough physical strength to really hurt a grown man, even with a crowbar. Same goes for Tim, he was very young when he just started out as Robin (he was 12 or something. Not 6, but still a little kid). I don't think he would stay on his feet after a hit from Rorschach (the guy who shattered a toilet with one kick and hurled a fully grown guard dog).

Joker only beats people using weapons. We have never seen him being any good in h2h. He has a big pain threshold, I'll give him that much, but so does Rorschach (the Veidt thingy. And yes, I know Veidt could have killed him but that's not the point. The point is showing that Rorschach has a great pain threshold and endurance). Even if Joker lays a punch or something on Rorschach he would shrug it off and break his leg or something. Besides, Rorschach has a knack for improvising weapons out of pretty much nothing, dude's a MacGuyver.

As to your first scan, that was a prequel to Watchmen. Rorschach was a lot less skilled and experienced, besides, he was outnumbered and unarmed, and his foes were heavily armed. I'm 101% sure Joker would have eaten dirt there as well.

Please show me a scan of Joken taking on someone his own size, without weapons, then we'll talk.

Damian was 12, not 6; and when he was 5 years old, he was literally killing full-grown men who had been trained their entire lives as assassins. He'd annihilate Rorschach. If Joker so much as scratches Walter, he's dead. It's that simple. Tim was 14, and he would annihilate Rorschach as well. Their age has nothing to do with the fact that their feats are light-years better than Rorschach's.

It was an immediate prequel. There wasn't that much of a time difference.

Joker 10/10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper said:

Damian was 12, not 6; and when he was 5 years old, he was literally killing full-grown men who had been trained their entire lives as assassins.

Really? I thought he was 10?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Are you talking about Damian around the Born to Kill story arc? He was 10 if I remember correctly, as Bruce stated so. Either way he can clearly put the hurt on grown men bare-handed or with weaponry.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JediXMan  Moderator

@optimuspalm:

I'm serious. Joker is a much better fighter than Rorschach.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

Damian was 12, not 6; and when he was 5 years old, he was literally killing full-grown men who had been trained their entire lives as assassins. He'd annihilate Rorschach. If Joker so much as scratches Walter, he's dead. It's that simple. Tim was 14, and he would annihilate Rorschach as well. Their age has nothing to do with the fact that their feats are light-years better than Rorschach's.

It was an immediate prequel. There wasn't that much of a time difference.

Joker 10/10.

Their age means that they don't have the durability of a grown man. It doesn't matter how skilled or trained they are, a kid is still a kid, and one good hit would knock him out cold. His physiology (is that a word? sorry, not a native English speaker) means that they cannot be as strong nor as durable as a grown man. Skill is a different matter altogether.

As for his poisonous nails, how do you know he has them all the time? I, for one, havn't seen him with poison on his nails until today. Even still, poison is a weapon, and this is unarmed combat.

And again, I'm 110% sure that the same goons who beat Rorschach would have beaten Joker as well.

And you havn't yet showed me scans of Joker's unarmed feats (against MEN. Not boys, men. Or women, if you will).

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@optimuspalm:

I'm serious. Joker is a much better fighter than Rorschach.

I was more surprised by your logic, than your choice of who would win. But either way its legit i guess. I knew Joker was good, but didn't know he was that good. And i didn't know Rorschach was as bad as it seems he actually is lol

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

@citizenbane: Joker tanking a 6 year old isn't impressive at all. Even if it's Damian. He's just a little kid, he hasn't enough physical strength to really hurt a grown man, even with a crowbar.

Nobody begs to differ. Oh wait, he can't, because he died when Damian shoved his fingers through his brain.

Shoving your finger through someone's eye doesn't say anything about your strength. Any 6 year old could most probably do that.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BadVoodoo

I'm starting to lean more against Rorschach, but i still thing the joker wins by fighting extremity dirty. My strongest argument is the joker has held his own against batman, i doubt Rorschach could do that same.

No Caption Provided

Man i don't care what anyone says, Rorschach as badass and this is why i like him. He's not like the other heros... he doesn't kick that bad guys ass and says some cheesy line after doing it like all the other heros, you actually believe hes human.. great comic.

I Think we should all keep that in mind, just because some superhero can beat another in a fight that doesn't mean hes a better character.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@badvoodoo: When did Joker hold his own against Batman? There were a few times where Joker got the sh!t beaten out of him by Batman and survived, but he never actually fought Batman and caused too much damage as far as I recall.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker. He can take the worst Kovacs has to offer, and his toxic nature will mess with Kovacs.

BadVoodoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BadVoodoo

@the_red_viper: holding his own = surviving for a good 20 seconds and getting a few good punches / kicks in.

And he does it all the time... Its like asking how many times has Lex Luthor taunts Superman.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: holding his own = surviving for a good 20 seconds and getting a few good punches / kicks in.

And he does it all the time... Its like asking how many times has Lex Luthor taunts Superman.

Holding his own=not having the sh!t beat outta him. After years of having the crap beat outta him by Batman, he has huge pain threshold, but he never really showed Batman any good fight. He can take punches without losing consciousness but that doesn't mean he can "hold his own" against Batman.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Equonox

Wow...a few people here REALLY underestimating Joker...should read a few Joker arcs to get a refresher on why he's still the most badass villain in comics. Joker 10/10.

@the_red_viper said:

@citizenbane said:

@the_red_viper said:

@citizenbane said:

@theacidskull said:

@citizenbane said:

Joker stomps.

Soldiers are also fodder in comic books, and now you're telling me Rorschach's leg wasn't even broken? LOL. Please furnish an excuse for this showing, post-haste.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Those are mediocre strength feats, and Veidt could have very easily killed Rorschach. He just didn't care enough to.

Hand to hand stipulation doesn't matter; the Joker's nails are laced with his venom. Rorschach is still getting one-shotted.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He killed Ra's assassins with a gun (not H2H) and beat assassins from the 99 Fiends with a spade.

And he's also defeated a young Tim Drake during his early days as Robin.

I can post PIS like Joker beating Psimon to death as well, but he really doesn't need feats like that to beat Rorschach.

QFE...no other arguments even need to be made

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach, he seems to be somewhat of a competent fighter based off what I have seen.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach, he seems to be somewhat of a competent fighter based off what I have seen.

Losing to random thugs is really competent.He would lose against the Joker also.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rorschach FTW. Joker would be dead long ago if Batman want to kill him. Rorschach won't have problems with taking human life.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JediXMan  Moderator

I'm starting to lean more against Rorschach, but i still thing the joker wins by fighting extremity dirty.

Does Joker have any other style of fighting? Seriously. That's how he works.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Picard

@jedixman said:

@badvoodoo said:

I'm starting to lean more against Rorschach, but i still thing the joker wins by fighting extremity dirty.

Does Joker have any other style of fighting? Seriously. That's how he works.

Sorry, this fighting style will not help him much. In A dead in the family, Joker needed two muscle bound thugs and a crowbar to defeat Jason Todd - in fact he would get his ass whooped by a little boy, if those thugs wouldn't interfere:

No Caption Provided

In Birds of prey 124 Barbara Gordon crippled, wheelchair bound, middle aged women managed to held her own agains the Joker and she even hurt him severely even though he had a gun and a knife:

No Caption Provided

Yes, Rorschach was beaten by biker gang but Joker had problems with defeating small boy and crippled woman. Suddenly Rorschac's defeat against gang doesn't look so bad by comparison. :) Rorschach would win especially if we are talking about movie version:

Loading Video...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Rorchach is a joke. Joker stomps him.