User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WarlordEternal
Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

due to location i'll take rorschach but if in a open area I would take black mask. In my opinion BM is a better martial artist but rorschach is better with sorrounding objects

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@trauma: I wouldn't necessarily say BM is a martial artist but a very skilled street brawler.

Avatar image for adamthesubmariner
AdamtheSubmariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

That op picture is scary man

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Mask.

goblin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By goblin123

Roarschach... too good at using his surroundings and you give him a lot of objects here...

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Agony

@warlordeternal:

well depends on how you define martial arts :p i guess in a literal sense he isn't

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WarlordEternal

@goblin123: Black Mask isn't half bad with improvised weapons either, in fact during his first fight with Stephannie Brown he beat her by stabbing her with a shard of glass, hitting her upside the head with a table or chair leg (cant quite remember which) and then strangling her till she passed out.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@warlordeternal: Black Mask has formal training. He also has slightly enhanced physicals IIRC. In most incarnations, Black Mask can hold his own against the likes of Batman for a short period of time. Rorschach might get the win through his improvised weaponry skills though, as well as exceptional pain tolerance and willpower.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WarlordEternal

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I don't recall him getting any training or having enhanced physicals for that matter. I do know he's in really good shape and is capable of fighting skilled martial artist. Black Mask himself as has good tolerance for pain as evident in his fight with Spoiler and a Red Hood impersonator.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: I'm pretty sure he has slightly enhanced physicals. On his Comic Vine page. it states that he is a "highly accomplished athlete and has been seen to be on par with heroes and villains such as Nightwing, Robin, Red Hood, Catwoman, and at one point the Batman".

And yeah he does have a good pain tolerance, but from what I've seen Rorschach is superior in that area.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WarlordEternal

@warlordeternal: I'm pretty sure he has slightly enhanced physicals. On his Comic Vine page. it states that he is a "highly accomplished athlete and has been seen to be on par with heroes and villains such as Nightwing, Robin, Red Hood, Catwoman, and at one point the Batman".

I don't think that means "enhanced physicals". To me it means he's in top condition.

And yeah he does have a good pain tolerance, but from what I've seen Rorschach is superior in that area.

I'm not saying you're wrong as I would think so too, but do you have scans for Rorschach?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: My bad I didn't clarify it. I just stated that I was pretty sure he had enhanced physics and was an accomplished athlete and hand-to-hand combatant.

As for Rorschach's pain tolerance. He's held his own against the SWAT before and was barely hurt after being overwhelmed by them.

The movie adaptation is even more impressive in my opinion.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WarlordEternal

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: God I love this part! It is a perfect example of how good Rorschach is at improvised weapons. Though the scan at the end wasn't really a fight as it was in the movie because after he jumps out the window, one SWAT member merely kicks him in the head right before they all dog pile him. As for Black Mask he has been in a bar fight against a Red Hood impersonator (some have claimed it other things so I just picked one) and won.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I don't have the last scan but as they struggle, Black Mask then stabs him with his own knife. Some people have tried to use this as a negative against BM but when looking at this fight, his opponent clearly knew martial arts and was armed with a blade and a detonation device. BM had nothing.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

black mask ftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Black Mask actually kills the impersonator, so that's pretty good proof that Black Mask knows what he's doing. At minimum he's an experienced brawler, while Rorschach was shown to be an experienced hand-to-hand combatant, mainly honed on boxing skills.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Exactly. Now when it comes to improvisation I would defiantly rank Rorschach higher then Black Mask, but I wouldn't count him out.during this fight he used a pool cue as a weapon. These things are really hard as they are made of wood covered or bonded with other materials including graphite, carbon fiber or fiberglass. To break it like he did would require a really powerful swing. During his fight with Spoiler (Stephannie Brown) he showed off more of his pain tolerance and improve. I don't have every scan but it is enough.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Yeah Black Mask is very impressive in his own right. I'd even give him the win in this situation. It's because he's in the mainstream DC universe, so he has more far-fetched feats that aren't grounded to earth.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rorschach

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Well I wouldn't say his feats are so far-fetched. Its perfectly possible for someone to do what we've seen him do. It's just unlikely that anybody could pull it off.

Does Rorschach have anymore feats? like maybe from the new prequel series as well?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Well I wouldn't say his feats are so far-fetched. Its perfectly possible for someone to do what we've seen him do. It's just unlikely that anybody could pull it off.

Does Rorschach have anymore feats? like maybe from the new prequel series as well?

For a human its pretty far-fetched. And I'm afraid I don't have many feats from the prequel series.

Owning thug

Dodging gunfire

No Caption Provided

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a human its pretty far-fetched.

Well what seems so inhuman about it?

And I'm afraid I don't have many feats from the prequel series.

Owning thug

Dodging gunfire

No Caption Provided

Still very nice feats. They show he's pretty athletic and is capable of grapple techniques.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By XiiX

Probably Black Mask(in an interesting scrap).

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Rorschach wins this black mask seems legit but Rorschach is superior to everyone fact

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Crimson_Bat

Rorschach might be able to take this by improvising weapons in the bar area, but I think Black Mask has him beat in skill and pain tolerance. This could go either way, but I'd probably go with Rorschach 6/10

Naknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black mask should win low difficulty hes squared off with jason todd and has even held his ground with bats.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naknasty: That wasn't actually Jason Todd. But I agree he wins(still).

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach in a good fight