Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rorschach and Thor

VS

Penguin and Superman

-Superman and Thor are depowered(mjolnir can only be used as a blunt-force weapon/projectile).

-Win by any means.

-Pre and New 52 showings allowed.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 wins.

This is basically a dressed up version of Thor vs Superman.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one.

Poor Rorschach gets deadeded though.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 due to Rorschach being the best h2h.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickzambuto

The title made me lol. This is actually a fairly interesting thread though. Superman has the training and the knowledge, but as far as I know, he's never really proven himself against someone like Thor. Ultraman and that random Kryptonian soldier are, for all intents and purposes, fodder when it comes to skill. Superman being an above average fighter doesn't necessarily say to me that he can stand up to someone like Thor, who although infamously short on feats, still has the millennias of experience as a warrior plus an actual weapon. More importantly, although Thor and Rorschach make quite an odd couple in their own right, they would certainly make a better team than Superman and Penguin, the pairing of which just makes me laugh.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depowered Thor can take Superman because of his weapon, Rorschach fodderizes Penguin.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

The title made me lol. This is actually a fairly interesting thread though. Superman has the training and the knowledge, but as far as I know, he's never really proven himself against someone like Thor. Ultraman and that random Kryptonian soldier are, for all intents and purposes, fodder when it comes to skill. Superman being an above average fighter doesn't necessarily say to me that he can stand up to someone like Thor, who although infamously short on feats, still has the millennias of experience as a warrior plus an actual weapon. More importantly, although Thor and Rorschach make quite an odd couple in their own right, they would certainly make a better team than Superman and Penguin, the pairing of which just makes me laugh.

Thor's experience amounts to nothing when Clark's feats are superior.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If Penguin gets his equipment to maximum potential then I'm going with Team 2

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, Penguin speedblitzes Thor

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@xiix: Taking away Thor's power is not fair

If they were equal Thor would win

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: But Clark's feats are two showings of defeating one fodder. So what if he used pressure points? The feat wouldn't change if he fought normally, his limit is still one fodder at a time. I'm not even a big Thor fan, but I know that he DOES have feats. If I remember correctly when he was a teenager, an army of monsters defeated the Warrior's Three until Thor showed up and fought them all off for days or weeks by himself, while Volstagg narrated about how Thor is the greatest warrior he's ever seen. Towards the end of the God Bomb arc when Thor was very motivated, he able to engage Gorr in melee combat by himself for a prolonged period of time and actually perform well, despite Gorr being way more powerful than even Odin.

Thor might not use pressure points or whatever, but those are stupid. Thor writers who understand his character are consistent with the idea that Thor is a "warrior", his writers take the show-don't-tell-approach, kinda like Ultimate Captain America. Like I said, I'm not even a big Thor fan, but the idea of him being unskilled is a myth and only perpetrated by out of context scans from writers who mischaracterize him in the first place. Thor IS a warrior.

UNCANNY_CABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it depends on if current thor can beat n52 supes, and I think he can so I say team one, but I can be swayed ;^

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 wins.

This is basically a dressed up version of Thor vs Superman.

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dorukesin1

Oswald blitzes

Avatar image for no_one_expects_the_silver_surf
No_one_expects_the_Silver_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 easily imo

Superman depowered is not very skilled, in h2h, honestly rorshach would be able to beat up depowered supes, then thor would just chuck mjolnir at penguin

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FatherChaos

Thor beats Supes due to reach advantage.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1..

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depowered Thor>>>>>>depowered Clark.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@nickzambuto: Clark has way more than just two feats

Tell me more.

Well superman was recently depowered to the point where average people can hurt him by hitting him in the back of the head with a pipe and to the point where deadshots armour piercing bullets can make him limping, and to the point where he hurts his hand punching armoured people. He did defeat black manta as well recently who was shown matching him and strength. Black Manta had to use his eye lasers to gain an advantage and even than superman still ended up beating him down. He also defeated a group of thugs that had special energy knives to cut his body and only got stabbed once in the leg (which he took without to much bother despite the knife stabbing him through the leg), and he also pulled a batman on Gordon and Lex Luthor so he seems to have some stealth capabilities as well....

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nickzambuto

@jashro44 said:
@nickzambuto said:
@comicstooge said:

@nickzambuto: Clark has way more than just two feats

Tell me more.

Well superman was recently depowered to the point where average people can hurt him by hitting him in the back of the head with a pipe and to the point where deadshots armour piercing bullets can make him limping, and to the point where he hurts his hand punching armoured people. He did defeat black manta as well recently who was shown matching him and strength. Black Manta had to use his eye lasers to gain an advantage and even than superman still ended up beating him down. He also defeated a group of thugs that had special energy knives to cut his body and only got stabbed once in the leg (which he took without to much bother despite the knife stabbing him through the leg), and he also pulled a batman on Gordon and Lex Luthor so he seems to have some stealth capabilities as well....

I see. I was actually thinking about post crisis Superman, I'm not as familiar with the new 52. So my bad.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: No problem. Post crisis superman was trained by batman and wild cat in boxing and he did manage to defeat a group of armed thugs while depowered IIRC. He's studied various kryptonian martial arts. He was also trained in fighting by Monguel but the fighting style superman created involved taking advantage of his speed so I guess that can be discounted. He did use pressure points on batman as well when batman was literally glowing with kryptonite radiation; all though I guess supermans physical edge is to much even under those conditions. What was impressive about this pressure point was that it actually paralyzed batmans body for a bit. I also remember him tossing captain marvel at batman with what looked like a judo toss IMO. He also unleashed a combo on Zod while thinking about everything he leaned from batman and wonder woman in the past.

Personally I think the only advantage thor really has here is that superman needs to adjust to not having super speed I would think. Thor has some decent showings as well but I am just saying superman does have more than 2 showings.

MrDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor