#2 Posted by Marshall_Long (2091 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take Zoro.

#3 Edited by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm gonna say Zoro...

...Erza feats?

#4 Posted by BlackWind (6487 posts) - - Show Bio

Erza is a walking Deus Ex Machina.

#5 Edited by PieHole (274 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take Erza......................... To my bed.

#6 Edited by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro can Cut through pretty much anything the only thing she would have would be her Adamantine Armor but she wouldn't be able to hit Zoro.. Zoro would take it as soon as she decides to take the offensive.

#7 Posted by dondave (37923 posts) - - Show Bio

Erza Debuts her Roronoa Zoro Armour

#8 Posted by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

watched a little fairy tail...

...still saying zoro

#9 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro. Easily.

#10 Posted by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro. unless Erza Pulls some PIS-Friendship-Zoro-Defeating-Armor out of no where.

#11 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro. unless Erza Pulls some PIS-Friendship-Zoro-Defeating-Armor out of no where.

lol

#12 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7708 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10155 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love Fairy Tail(and I love that manga to death), Zoro wins.

#14 Posted by DarkRaiden (7482 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless you take Erza's bs Island busting feat as valid....Zoro should win. I'm tryna think what she can do.....uh...the hundred sword thing?......maybe. She's formiddable with just her sword and no armor so......nah Zoro likely wins. Unless he threatens her friends or it's in the Fairy Tail world. In that world, Erza wins because she's Erza. Regardless.

#15 Posted by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah erza wins.

#17 Posted by StrictlyAnime (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Erza did bust an Island...However that was when she collided with Erza Knightwalker and not by her own Solo Power

Believe it or not someone named Strictlyanime hasn't seen One Piece so someone should fill me in.

#18 Posted by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah erza wins.

Nah Zoro wins. Unless you know something about Erza or Zoro that I don't know about.

#19 Edited by kyrees (5209 posts) - - Show Bio

@strictlyanime: zoro slashed and defeated hody jones, a fishman, underwater so fast the fishman around him couldn't believe that he was a human. remember that fishman underwater are very strong and hody jones is the current leader of that group. he's also able to slice a ship in half and cut a pacifista that two years before that didn't even get cut.

#20 Posted by XImpossibruX (5177 posts) - - Show Bio

Implying Fairy Tale holds a candle to One Piece in terms of power.

#21 Posted by StrictlyAnime (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Well if we're basing this solely on destroying a ship surely Erza stands some kind of a chance? While destroying an island was a result of her clashing with someone else of equal power that at least means shes capable of leveling a Town with her Armadura Fairy Armor According to this http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17839 Erza can bust out at least 181 Kilotons of Tnt and at most 290 Kilotons of Tnt

#22 Posted by kyrees (5209 posts) - - Show Bio

@strictlyanime: i don't do calculations but if zoro was able to cut down a pacifista after the time skip, whose firepower is capable of leveling a town as well and was significantly tougher than any of the eleven supernovas were at that time they first appeared, erza won't stand a chance

#23 Edited by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@strictlyanime: those feats <<<<<<<<<<<<<< zoro's small feats. he's on a whole different tier.

aside from his high end feats, zoro's pure speed is absurd.

Kenbunshoku haki grants him precog, so he's definitely not being touched.

Busoshoku haki allows him to cut through anything and bypass durability.

he uses THREE f**king swords!! bamf.

#24 Posted by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: zero loses cause erza not only has better combat experience she is not like zoro and only fights swordsmen, she is just as fast an just as durable as he is and can constantly switch armors/weapons mid-combo, along with summon multiple swords. Plus she possibly can use telekinesis. The highest amount of swords she summoned was.200. Imagine fighting against someone wielding that many swords along with so many styles of fighting along with absurd durability and speed, even if zoro wins its going to be the hardest in his life.

#25 Edited by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: BH if you use a significant amount of force one can bypass BH luffy when he fought maria gold is a good example.

#26 Edited by darrellacoustic (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro easily. One Piece feats in general are more impressive than Fairy Tail, especially speed. NO ONE (not even Gildarts, Laxus or even JET) in Fairy Tail could keep up with major OP characters. Zoro can move so fast that it appears he has 6 arms. And now he has haki which just makes things even easier. He could literally predict her movements. Now pre-timeskip Zoro vs current Erza would be a much better match-up. I'm not being bias either, OP may be favorite, but Fairy Tail is a CLOSE second.

That being said, Erza could beat Sanji for obvious reasons, lol.

#27 Edited by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: i usually debate with deathhero on OP threads, but you seem to have even better knowledge of zoro than I do 0.0 so do you want to take this one?

#28 Edited by darrellacoustic (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Zoro has consistently ruined 100's of trained marines at a time. Erza is in NO WAY even close to Zoro's speed level. Zoro is only slightly slower than Sanji who is literally so fast he can run on air. He has dodged light beams from pacifistica's, which are obviously traveling at light speed. Watch his fight with Kaku to get a real idea. Kaku was blazingly fast, yet Zoro still beat him. He even escaped him for quite a while while handcuffed to Usopp. And technically Erza's "winning" armor, the one she beats her toughest enemies in, is when she's basically naked and wielding two swords, and we all know she has no hopes of competing with Zoro in that regard. Zoro is most likely a top 5 swordsman in One Piece, a series that involves mostly pirates using swords, not magic. And he trained for two years under the greatest swordsman in the world. Throw in haki, and Erza is helplessly outmatched. And don't even get me started on his strength feats. (He lifted a building. I mean c'mon.)

Erza's most impressive feat is slaying 100 monsters, but the biggest of those monsters was considerably smaller than a sea king, which I'm pretty sure anyone who follows One Piece would agree a sea king is below the major trio's level now.

Erza also struggled against Kagura, who was purely a swordsman. Once again, there's no debating that Kagura would be trash compared to Zoro, not even considering haki which he could read her movements with. Kagura is probably around Tashigi's level, pre-timeskip, who Zoro toyed with. So all things said, Zoro wins easily.

#29 Posted by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro easily. One Piece feats in general are more impressive than Fairy Tail, especially speed. NO ONE (not even Gildarts, Laxus or even JET) in Fairy Tail could keep up with major OP characters. Zoro can move so fast that it appears he has 6 arms. And now he has haki which just makes things even easier. He could literally predict her movements. Now pre-timeskip Zoro vs current Erza would be a much better match-up. I'm not being bias either, OP may be favorite, but Fairy Tail is a CLOSE second.

That being said, Erza could beat Sanji for obvious reasons, lol.

I agree with this and seriously the Sanji part he would never hit a woman lol.

@cooldes said:

@light47: i usually debate with deathhero on OP threads, but you seem to have even better knowledge of zoro than I do 0.0 so do you want to take this one?

You can defend it if you, this one is pretty much done @darrellacoustic did a great job, plus there is just nothing Erza is capable of to defeat Zoro the only thing she can do is stay on her adamantine armor and tank the slices, but knowing Zoro he would want to cut it up.

#30 Posted by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: Zoro has consistently ruined 100's of trained marines at a time. Erza is in NO WAY even close to Zoro's speed level. Zoro is only slightly slower than Sanji who is literally so fast he can run on air. He has dodged light beams from pacifistica's, which are obviously traveling at light speed. Watch his fight with Kaku to get a real idea. Kaku was blazingly fast, yet Zoro still beat him. He even escaped him for quite a while while handcuffed to Usopp. And technically Erza's "winning" armor, the one she beats her toughest enemies in, is when she's basically naked and wielding two swords, and we all know she has no hopes of competing with Zoro in that regard. Zoro is most likely a top 5 swordsman in One Piece, a series that involves mostly pirates using swords, not magic. And he trained for two years under the greatest swordsman in the world. Throw in haki, and Erza is helplessly outmatched. And don't even get me started on his strength feats. (He lifted a building. I mean c'mon.)

Erza's most impressive feat is slaying 100 monsters, but the biggest of those monsters was considerably smaller than a sea king, which I'm pretty sure anyone who follows One Piece would agree a sea king is below the major trio's level now.

Erza also struggled against Kagura, who was purely a swordsman. Once again, there's no debating that Kagura would be trash compared to Zoro, not even considering haki which he could read her movements with. Kagura is probably around Tashigi's level, pre-timeskip, who Zoro toyed with. So all things said, Zoro wins easily.

1.Links please. Plus everyone in one piece had achieved such feats, its not a big deal.

2. Speed level? from what i seen yes she is.

3. Zoro's highest speeds is within his techniques, i have yet to see him move as fast as sanji and luffy as his casual speeds. It seems he puts so much effort into his attacks that these attacks are high speeds.(one sword style:IaI or however its spelled is the best example.) So i don't really believe that. Ashura seems to be more like a aura then zoro moving incredibly fast. Plus erza already has armors that grant her high speed movements. And i don't think air walk has to do with speed. considering how slow it is for sanji to simply walk a few steps into the air. Dodging lasers prove nothing it did not even happen anyway.

4.These 100 monster were ridiculously powerful and size does not matter, don't scale the monsters power based solely on size. Thats irrelevant, and you are still ignoring that erza is not only a master hand to hand combatant, she has several styles of fighting, plus the fact that zoro only fights swordsmen, he never fought someone like erza(She is very different from average swordsmen. Along with the fact that she faced all kinds of enemies, not just swordsmen so she has better combat experience.

And Kagura is nowhere near the word weak. Especially considering she has such high physical power and speed, plus the fact that she has enough physical strength to slice opponents with the sheath and not the blade. Erza also fought Minerva who im positive would beat zoro. She also has gravity manipulation.

If you want more of her combat feats just look at her fights with minerva and kagura. And Erza would decimate tashigi so don't joke about that Please don't.

#31 Edited by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61

I keep up with boths animes/manga

But what do you mean "Plus everyone in one piece had achieved such feats, its not a big deal."

Do you read One Piece or just saying that?

Here are some Links of Pre 2 year Leap before Haki, You can see how fast he slashes.

For speed I like the Kaku fight but I like Ryuuma better, as he only fights with 2 swords but his speed/strength while he uses 2 swords.

I don't consider Kagura weak but if you add Zoro's Haki this can't happen to him.

Post 2 Year Leap, the same steroids Hody took, Hyouzou took them, you do understand how strong a Fishman is + Steroids = Nobody in fish island can stop them. Just see how easy he defeats him. Also here is him under water vs Hody, how he stops the bullets without even trying. I can keep going but Zoro has not met a challenge since the 2 year leap.

Sorry I couldn't find an english one but this will do for Hyouzou

This is Hody

And just for fun remember this is Pre 2 Year Leap, he takes luffy's pain + his own.

#32 Edited by darrellacoustic (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: Thanks for taking that. I'm new so I can only post 5 times per day, so I couldn't reply to him. You pretty much said what I was going to. I would throw in the clips of him dodging Kuma's light beams WHILE injured, him lifting a building, and some other clips of the points I made.

@deathhero61 I wasn't saying Kagura is weak. And I never compared Erza to Tashigi, I said Kagura is about equal to a haki-less Tashigi. Why? Kagura is a pure swordsman, one of the best in her world. Albeit, in Fairy Tail swordsman are much rarer than in One Piece. And Tashigi, is also purely a swordsman. One of the better ones shown in a world with MANY MANY more swordsman than in Fairy Tail. Now Kagura gave Erza a good fight. Tashigi has never given Zoro a good fight. If Zoro didn't see his childhood friend every time he sees her, he could destroy her if he wanted to.

BUT, my biggest point you didn't refute. What is Erza's best armor? The answer is, it isn't an armor. Erza always beats her toughest opponents when she isn't wearing armor. You know it : Red pants with flames, torso wrapped, and two katanas. Yeah, that's the one.

I'll ask you right now. Who wins that battle? Erza, with two swords, or Zoro, a master swordsman, with 3? If you answer Erza, then you're either blatantly bias towards Erza/Fairy Tail, or blatantly bias against Zoro/One Piece.

#33 Edited by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: Thanks for taking that. I'm new so I can only post 5 times per day, so I couldn't reply to him. You pretty much said what I was going to. I would throw in the clips of him dodging Kuma's light beams WHILE injured, him lifting a building, and some other clips of the points I made.

@deathhero61 I wasn't saying Kagura is weak. And I never compared Erza to Tashigi, I said Kagura is about equal to a haki-less Tashigi. Why? Kagura is a pure swordsman, one of the best in her world. Albeit, in Fairy Tail swordsman are much rarer than in One Piece. And Tashigi, is also purely a swordsman. One of the better ones shown in a world with MANY MANY more swordsman than in Fairy Tail. Now Kagura gave Erza a good fight. Tashigi has never given Zoro a good fight. If Zoro didn't see his childhood friend every time he sees her, he could destroy her if he wanted to.

BUT, my biggest point you didn't refute. What is Erza's best armor? The answer is, it isn't an armor. Erza always beats her toughest opponents when she isn't wearing armor. You know it : Red pants with flames, torso wrapped, and two katanas. Yeah, that's the one.

I'll ask you right now. Who wins that battle? Erza, with two swords, or Zoro, a master swordsman, with 3? If you answer Erza, then you're either blatantly bias towards Erza/Fairy Tail, or blatantly bias against Zoro/One Piece.

Haki-less tashigi? still no. PTS tashigi is slow weak and is basically a joke of a swordsman. Kagura shown ridiculous reflexes, and vast physical strength with a a sheathed sword as her primary weapon. Her durability is far above tashigi's and she can even shrug off gravity magic. Unless you show me feats of tashigi doing feats better than kagura's than im not convinced.

When she uses "that armor" she is focuses herself and is more precise. its her best but not her strongest.

"I'll ask you right now. Who wins that battle? Erza, with two swords, or Zoro, a master swordsman, with 3? If you answer Erza, then you're either blatantly bias towards Erza/Fairy Tail, or blatantly bias against Zoro/One Piece."

Thats the most BS statement i ever heard. Erza is a master combatant herself, like i said she has a variety of fighting styles, her multiple armors and powers(another power being telekinesis.) prove that, the multiple scenarios she been in prove that. she is no slouche either in swordplay, i already told you she has better combat experience because of the people she fights, and the way she fights them. Even if swordsmen are rare, that does not change the fact that its not the only type of fighters she goes up against. Zoro may have some notable advantages, but erza from what i seen is a better combatant. Her combat sense is ridiculously high and her stats are quite similar to zoro's. Except possibly in durability. The fact that she can also change fighting styles and adapt fast within high speed combat makes her a huge threat to zoro.

Wow, you seriously act like the number of swords matter....... if i recall correctly for a large portion of the battle kaku was pressuring zoro with only two swords.....(don't try to bring up his head and legs because although he kept screaming five sword style he never used them collectively.) i said before in that form she is lighter, she is more focused on the battle in front of her and she is more precise. And you are forgetting her durability and endurance so no.(She was durable enough to survive 200 thunder lacrima despite the fact that one can endanger a person's life, she tanked backlashes of her and knightwalker's attacks which when clashed is multi-block busters. and the other occasion was a island buster.)

You wanna be that way then fine, who would win in hand to hand combat. Erza who trained in all kinds of fighting not just swordsplay or zoro who only trained a little bit swordless style and 1-3 sword styles?(along with the fact that when he fought sanji swordless he could barely do anything to sanji who trained more in close combat than zoro.) And if YOU say zoro than your the biased one.

#34 Edited by darrellacoustic (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: You're right, Erza would beat Zoro in a hand-to-hand fight. Not saying it's impossible for Zoro to win that, but we haven't seen anything out of him without his swords ( And I think you're exaggerating the Sanji bit, every time they play fight it's always a tie, even without swords, but obviously Sanj wins in a real unarmed fight). But in this fight he has his swords, so I would think you would admit that in a swordfight zoro wins, which is likely what it would come down to. And no, number of swords doesn't matter, but considering his style is unique to 3 swords then it does have an effect. But he has fought just as well with one sword. I'm not bias towards either, I love both characters, but IMO Zoro should win this easy. I'll give you that in the latest couple arcs Erza has gotten closer to One Piece feats, but still not quite there. And Zoro has fought people besides Swordsman, Hody for example, it's just he likes to fight swordsman. That's just his thing. If you were a master ninja, and your team was fighting another team with a master ninja, you would probably wanna fight him. It's a way of testing strength. And Erza has no answer for CoO Haki, because even if Erza was as fast as Zoro, he could still see her movements slightly ahead of time. Erza's only advantage would be in her multiple armors, but like we both have said, she fights best without it. Erza has great endurance as proved in the Fairy Tail tournament arc, but Zoro showed one of the most epic displays of durability ever by tanking all of Luffy's pain plus his own. And remember, Luffy was KNOCKED OUT, and Zoro took all of that plus his own and was still standing. That easily puts him ahead of Luffy in durability whom frankly, just doesn't die. He also took a direct slash from Mihawk to the chest waaayyyy back in the Barratie arc. So, even if Erza managed to somehow outfight, outspeed, and overpower Zoro, I don't see how she could possibly put him down.

Anyway, I did not mean to offend you so don't be so upset. It's just a fun debate. I think Zoro would win and I've given you reasons why. You think Erza would win and you've given reasons why. I respect that.

#35 Posted by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: You're right, Erza would beat Zoro in a hand-to-hand fight. Not saying it's impossible for Zoro to win that, but we haven't seen anything out of him without his swords ( And I think you're exaggerating the Sanji bit, every time they play fight it's always a tie, even without swords, but obviously Sanj wins in a real unarmed fight). But in this fight he has his swords, so I would think you would admit that in a swordfight zoro wins, which is likely what it would come down to. And no, number of swords doesn't matter, but considering his style is unique to 3 swords then it does have an effect. But he has fought just as well with one sword. I'm not bias towards either, I love both characters, but IMO Zoro should win this easy. I'll give you that in the latest couple arcs Erza has gotten closer to One Piece feats, but still not quite there. And Zoro has fought people besides Swordsman, Hody for example, it's just he likes to fight swordsman. That's just his thing. If you were a master ninja, and your team was fighting another team with a master ninja, you would probably wanna fight him. It's a way of testing strength. And Erza has no answer for CoO Haki, because even if Erza was as fast as Zoro, he could still see her movements slightly ahead of time. Erza's only advantage would be in her multiple armors, but like we both have said, she fights best without it. Erza has great endurance as proved in the Fairy Tail tournament arc, but Zoro showed one of the most epic displays of durability ever by tanking all of Luffy's pain plus his own. And remember, Luffy was KNOCKED OUT, and Zoro took all of that plus his own and was still standing. That easily puts him ahead of Luffy in durability whom frankly, just doesn't die. He also took a direct slash from Mihawk to the chest. So, even if Erza managed to somehow outfight, outspeed, and overpower Zoro, I don't see how she could possibly put him down.

B

"But in this fight he has his swords, so I would think you would admit that in a swordfight zoro wins, which is likely what it would come down to. And no, number of swords doesn't matter, but considering his style is unique to 3 swords then it does have an effect. But he has fought just as well with one sword. I'm not bias towards either, I love both characters, but IMO Zoro should win this easy. I'll give you that in the latest couple arcs Erza has gotten closer to One Piece feats, but still not quite there. And Zoro has fought people besides Swordsman, Hody for example, it's just he likes to fight swordsman."

Even if zoro wins which i still doubt, he is not leaving without being near death. Her feats are easily one piece level. look at the videos i showed you and also look at the minerva vs erza vs kagura fight. She shrugged off minerva's attacks, had splendid reaction time after being warped away by minerva and in that same milisecond blocked kagura's attack.(minerva switched places with her) Her physical feats are ridiculously high and her speed and endurance feats are something to look at. She finished getting in a deathmatch with azuma then still was strong enough to go assist her friends in fighting a very powerful hades, and still had enough energy to switch armors and fight to the fullest. And remember that feat of thunder lacrima? those lacrima could have destroyed the city. Erza took in most of them. Her durability is no question around zoro's level but nowhere near above it that i will admit. but zoro beating her easily is just impossible in my opinion. And hody was the only non-swordsmen he fought and he was a chump in comparison to zoro. zoro beated him in his own elemental which is sad. Hody only had physical strength and raw power to offer, thats why hody in base from is a weakling, and had to rely on steroids. Luffy easily blitzed him and couldn't do a god damn thing to him either. He is basically no different from bane or killer croc from DC, powerful but not skillful in combat. Thats a bad example. And don't bring up kuma because zoro was majorly outclassed when he fought him. and kuma basically spared his life. He just barely dodged his attacks as well. Zoro likes fighting strong opponents, a good example is when he lost his memories and ussop lied about having 8000 men, he instantly jumped at the chance of fighting someone who supposedly was that strong(and someone who would assumably be worth so much money.) His goal is to be strongest swordsman, how better to test his skills?

"Erza has no answer for CoO Haki, because even if Erza was as fast as Zoro, he could still see her movements slightly ahead of time. Erza's only advantage would be in her multiple armors, but like we both have said, she fights best without it. Erza has great endurance as proved in the Fairy Tail tournament arc, but Zoro showed one of the most epic displays of durability ever by tanking all of Luffy's pain plus his own. And remember, Luffy was KNOCKED OUT, and Zoro took all of that plus his own and was still standing. That easily puts him ahead of Luffy in durability whom frankly, just doesn't die. He also took a direct slash from Mihawk to the chest. So, even if Erza managed to somehow outfight, outspeed, and overpower Zoro, I don't see how she could possibly put him down."

CoO as in Conquers haki? only works on the weak willed plus he doesn't have that. Observation haki still relies on users to dodge incoming attacks, so one screw up and zoro can be on the other side of a energy blast or sword stab. Even if she doesn't use the armors she showed shrugged off minervas attacks like their were insects without the armors. hell without her default armor she did that. With her armors she would be better protected. like i said she can re-equip very fast. remember the first video i showed you with ikagura and erza? she reacted to explosion attacks in a second by putting up her fire armor. Explosions are usually around mach 1 which is the speed of sound. Plus one other factor is that she can go in an all out offense without her armor, using ALL HER MAGIC POWER and focus it into her special blade. Imagine all that immense power poured into a offense, she had enough magic power to fight azuma and tank all his attacks and even fight hades right afterwords. Zoro gets hit by that i doubt he will shrug it off.

And thanks, you are the one of the first people i debated about one piece who didn't sound like a fanboy who was wanking and downplaying other characters.

#36 Edited by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: you say it as if you said anything worth really replying to....

#38 Posted by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61: what? i was saying here here to light so he could come here...

i've only commented like 3 times in this thread. and only 1 was a reply to you i think. i decided to let light debate with you instead of it being me vs you... again...

#39 Edited by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 Haki doesn't only work like that. Do you read One Piece? Want to know how Haki actually works.

BTW I told you if Zoro doesn't use Haki she has a chance of winning, if he does Erza loses in a devastating way. Durability doesn't matter, he is going to cut her. She will get cut. I read Fairy Tail and One Piece, I know what Erza is capable of, not trying to down play her on any way or form I just know what Zoro is capable of and what Erza is capable of, in a random encounter Zoro wins. The more powerful the enemy gets the more serious he gets, if Erza gets him serious she stands no chance, because he will use Haki. As of now Zoro has no limit, Erza limits can be shown during the arena and currently she is getting her ass handed to by Minerva, but they both turned into children so who knows how that is going to go. As far as hand to hand combat Erza wins. This is not a hand to hand combat though, saying Zoro can't use his swords is like saying Erza can't use her magic which is nonsense.

#40 Posted by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@deathhero61: what? i was saying here here to light so he could come here...

i've only commented like 3 times in this thread. and only 1 was a reply to you i think. i decided to let light debate with you instead of it being me vs you... again...

Already replied don't worry, was just looking for a video.

#41 Edited by darrellacoustic (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: Deathhero is pretty stern in his/her belief in Erza. Nothing wrong with that, but I believe you and I have given plenty enough reason for anyone that may be on the fence about this.

#42 Posted by NoBody134 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoro stomps

#43 Posted by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47 said:

@deathhero61 Haki doesn't only work like that. Do you read One Piece? Want to know how Haki actually works.

BTW I told you if Zoro doesn't use Haki she has a chance of winning, if he does Erza loses in a devastating way. Durability doesn't matter, he is going to cut her. She will get cut. I read Fairy Tail and One Piece, I know what Erza is capable of, not trying to down play her on any way or form I just know what Zoro is capable of and what Erza is capable of, in a random encounter Zoro wins. The more powerful the enemy gets the more serious he gets, if Erza gets him serious she stands no chance, because he will use Haki. As of now Zoro has no limit, Erza limits can be shown during the arena and currently she is getting her ass handed to by Minerva, but they both turned into children so who knows how that is going to go. As far as hand to hand combat Erza wins. This is not a hand to hand combat though, saying Zoro can't use his swords is like saying Erza can't use her magic which is nonsense.

Observation haki is powerful i know that, but that does not change the fact that its still up to the user to dodge, the current fights in the series is perfect proof of that. Durability does not matter? thats illogical. It sounds like you are acting like the others and saying that BH can bypass durability, if that was true then luffy would have one shotted hody who had no haki but immense durability and strength, he would have gotten one shotted by that forehead guy, and the same would apply to every single fight that has to do with haki. Plus i have not seen zoro's observation haki on Luffy's level yet so don't assume that because luffy had all those OH feats that zoro does too thats called no limit fallacy and power scaling, and im sure thats not necessarily respected here. Zoro has no limit? again no limit fallacy. And if i recall she was not getting her ass handed to her. Plus thats like me saying zoro sucks cause he lost to kuma and kizaru. which is unfair. Minerva is ridiculously powerful, you don't just beat her that easily. Plus she combines her hand to hand combat skills along with her swordsmenship. Plus you still have not gave me a response, what zoro is going to do against erza's multiple fighting styles, and her telekinesis along with her sword summoning? she can summon up to 200 swords, her magic power increased amazingly due to training and second origin, so....its a valid assumption that she can summon more. she was seen applying multiple swords into her fighting style,(take note she can summon swords in any form. Its Either PIS or CIS that she doesn't despite summoning weapons when she was a kid, without the armors.)

#44 Posted by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47 said:

Observation haki is powerful i know that, but that does not change the fact that its still up to the user to dodge, the current fights in the series is perfect proof of that. Durability does not matter? thats illogical. It sounds like you are acting like the others and saying that BH can bypass durability, if that was true then luffy would have one shotted hody who had no haki but immense durability and strength, he would have gotten one shotted by that forehead guy, and the same would apply to every single fight that has to do with haki. Plus i have not seen zoro's observation haki on Luffy's level yet so don't assume that because luffy had all those OH feats that zoro does too thats called no limit fallacy and power scaling, and im sure thats not necessarily respected here. Zoro has no limit? again no limit fallacy. And if i recall she was not getting her ass handed to her. Plus thats like me saying zoro sucks cause he lost to kuma and kizaru. which is unfair. Minerva is ridiculously powerful, you don't just beat her that easily. Plus she combines her hand to hand combat skills along with her swordsmenship. Plus you still have not gave me a response, what zoro is going to do against erza's multiple fighting styles, and her telekinesis along with her sword summoning? she can summon up to 200 swords, her magic power increased amazingly due to training and second origin, so....its a valid assumption that she can summon more. she was seen applying multiple swords into her fighting style,(take note she can summon swords in any form. Its Either PIS or CIS that she doesn't despite summoning weapons when she was a kid, without the armors.)

Say what you will, fact is that Zoro will beat Erza. I gave you more then enough proof that Zoro beats Erza. Which btw he lost to Kuma and Kizaru pre 2 year leap which was necessary for them to get stronger, which I don't see Erza winning against those two either. You could of done a Pre 2 Year leap for Zoro and maybe Erza has a chance, but after the 2 year leap, she stands no chance. Erza's multiple fighting styles you act like Zoro only uses 1. He alternates his fighting style according to the situation, with Haki he can read her movements before they even happen, has Erza fought someone like that? No she has not. Zoro loves a challenge, Erza would be a bit of challange but if she decides to do the famous samurai duel like she did with Ikagura she is done for. About the durability, Hody fought Zoro this super powerful durability guy, Zoro cut him 1 time it was enough. Did his incredible durability matter?? Nope. That is why I am telling you you can take damage but if I cut your arm off is it the same thing? Nope. Zoro cuts he doesn't beat on people. Just learn that you are wrong, there is nothing wrong with your character losing. If Zoro were to lose I don't mind, remember this is for fun so enjoy it. Just take into account that Zoro has no limit is because there isn't anybody that has given him a challenge. Also let me know when Erza has beaten a dragon by cutting its head off.

#45 Edited by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: You got me with the dragon thing, but even if zoro wins, he is not leaving without being near death IMO. Erza is just too good in combat skill.

Plus you said hody's durability did not matter, yet apparently it mattered against luffy. He got blitzed into mountains then got back up ready to continue fighting luffy.(he used BH on him) If BH bypasses durability hody would have died. because durability is how much you can take before your body stops function. If it could bypass durability akainu would have died from WB's punches. caesar who seems to physically be a weakling, got punched by luffy's BH enhanced punches, he did not die either. luffy took direct hits from haki infused canon balls. and on occasion gets smacked around by his grandpa. So BH bypassing durability would be a flat out contradiction on previous and current fights.

And about fighting styles you are right he alternates but his only options were in those fights were:

A.Switching the amount of swords he utilzes

B.Switches from hot to cold(switching from offense to defense constantly, which is a strategy most swordsmen in fiction do)

C. Or physically enhance himself for certain cases(look at kaku vs zoro and you will see what i mean.)

Take note that Erza can do the same exact thing to counter these styles since she does these strategies all the time. along with different ones as well. Even if Observation haki gives him an edge in reflex, its going to be hard to keep alternating styles when the person you are fighting can follow suit, and not only switch in the mist of fighting, can also summon hundreds of weapons in a instant and apply them to her fighting style.

She can control the swords however she likes, meaning she can put them around her, protecting her all around.

She is also no dumbass when it comes to combat, she can even switch the weapons she uses in certain armors.

Im not saying its impossible for zoro to win, im saying that the term that its not possible for erza to win in general is just plain ridiculous. I love both series, but i seriously believe that she could win based on her abilities, and skill in combat.

#46 Posted by light47 (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47: You got me with the dragon thing, but even if zoro wins, he is not leaving without being near death IMO. Erza is just too good in combat skill.

Plus you said hody's durability did not matter, yet apparently it mattered against luffy. He got blitzed into mountains then got back up ready to continue fighting luffy.(he used BH on him) If BH bypasses durability hody would have died. because durability is how much you can take before your body stops function. If it could bypass durability akainu would have died from WB's punches. caesar who seems to physically be a weakling, got punched by luffy's BH enhanced punches, he did not die either. luffy took direct hits from haki infused canon balls. and on occasion gets smacked around by his grandpa. So BH bypassing durability would be a flat out contradiction on previous and current fights.

And about fighting styles you are right he alternates but his only options were in those fights were:

A.Switching the amount of swords he utilzes

B.Switches from hot to cold(switching from offense to defense constantly, which is a strategy most swordsmen in fiction do)

C. Or physically enhance himself for certain cases(look at kaku vs zoro and you will see what i mean.)

Take note that Erza can do the same exact thing to counter these styles since she does these strategies all the time. along with different ones as well. Even if Observation haki gives him an edge in reflex, its going to be hard to keep alternating styles when the person you are fighting can follow suit, and not only switch in the mist of fighting, can also summon hundreds of weapons in a instant and apply them to her fighting style.

She is also no dumbass when it comes to combat, she can even switch the weapons she uses in certain armors.

Im not saying its impossible for zoro to win, im saying that the term that its not possible for erza to win in general is just plain ridiculous. I love both series, but i seriously believe that she could win based on her abilities, and skill in combat.

Luffy vs Hody..... Man

"Plus you said hody's durability did not matter, yet apparently it mattered against Luffy durability is how much you can take before your body stops function"

Zoro cut him. He was done, the only reason he was even able to come back was because of the steroids. Also during the fight with Luffy, Luffy pummels its opponents Zoro cuts them. Who takes more damage someone that gets punched or someone that gets stab?

Kaku vs Zoro, Kaku uses Rokushiki which is a special, superhuman martial arts style.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Rokushiki#Rankyaku

None of this things apply to Erza, she has no steroids she has no superhuman martial arts style, etc. Can't compare them as so.

Switching the amount of swords he uses doesn't matter, its the amount of techniques he uses. Which is a great number. Haki works by predicting with eyes close you know exactly what your enemy is doing next look at the video above, also works regardless of what armor/style she does he knows exactly what she is going to do. Erza can win if Zoro is Pre 2 Year leap. After she stands no chance. She is incredible fighter, but doesn't come close to Zoro. Zoro has been training since Erza was trapped and used as a slave he has more experience then she does as well.

#47 Posted by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@light47 said:

Luffy vs Hody..... Man

"Plus you said hody's durability did not matter, yet apparently it mattered against Luffy durability is how much you can take before your body stops function"

Zoro cut him. He was done, the only reason he was even able to come back was because of the steroids. Also during the fight with Luffy, Luffy pummels its opponents Zoro cuts them. Who takes more damage someone that gets punched or someone that gets stab?

Kaku vs Zoro, Kaku uses Rokushiki which is a special, superhuman martial arts style.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Rokushiki#Rankyaku

None of this things apply to Erza, she has no steroids she has no superhuman martial arts style, etc. Can't compare them as so.

Switching the amount of swords he uses doesn't matter, its the amount of techniques he uses. Which is a great number. Haki works by predicting with eyes close you know exactly what your enemy is doing next look at the video above, also works regardless of what armor/style she does he knows exactly what she is going to do. Erza can win if Zoro is Pre 2 Year leap. After she stands no chance. She is incredible fighter, but doesn't come close to Zoro. Zoro has been training since Erza was trapped and used as a slave he has more experience then she does as well.

Ummm if i recall being launched into a mountain, so hard that the intensity of the punches physical strength causes it to crumble is allot more fierce than getting slashed. Thats like me saying what hurts more, someone poking a needle into you or getting hit by a bazooka.

You say none of these things apply to erza only because the FT universe does not have something, like that, like i said before, she trained her self in various styles of fighting, and in those armors. She achieved high speed feats before, she has shown vast amounts of inhuman physical strength.

You are saying it as if Erza does not use strategy in battle, she is very analytic and perceptive, but i been thinking and the only thing you said that gives zoro then win is mainly observation haki. Zoro has not shown observation haki on luffy's level of utilization. So don't just assume he can dodge and avoid virtually anything. Like i said observation haki is going to be predicting her moves, but constantly changing your attacks mid combo, would make it hard. its not like his body reacts on its own its still up to him to avoid attacks, if erza is constantly changing her types of attacks, zoro is going to be caught aware and have some form of difficulty dodging and countering everything that is thrown at him, he tries to change the types of techniques he uses, erza changes her weapons or her armor type based on those strategies and fighting styles. I believe its possible for either side to win, but i really really just don't agree with it being utterly impossible for erza to win. Her purgatory weapons and her Flight armor along with the switching of multiple different weapons would be devastating. Along with telekinesis control of swords? that would make it even harder, because while zoro is dodging or blocking her attacks, she could have swords pointed in certain areas in the case he moves a certain way. There is just so much she can use, and her combat sense gives a large edge. Erza has been training since she was a kid as well. Except she trained in combat in general not just swordsmanship. She has better experience cause she faced all kinds of opponents not just swordsmen like zoro has.

#48 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of skill honestly I would have to say zoro mainly because yes Erza is shown fighting people but we rarely see her training even after the time skip she didn't improve her skill only got a PIS magic shot that upped her magic power. But in terms of skill zoro trains daily and has trained with some impressive swordsmen.

In terms of speed. Lets just say they are evenly matched

The true decider in this match is power and durability

Now I doubt anyone will argue that One Piece characters are some of the most durable characters in AnimeDom. They have taken damage that boggle the mind. Just look at the whole gecko moria arc to get a look at zoro's durability. Honestly I don't think Erza is more durable

Secondly in terms of power. What really brings Zoro over the top is the fact that e is a giant buster. As in on a regular basis he defeats in single slashes Mountain sized giants.

So yeah Zoro

#49 Posted by Cooldes (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@morgrim: all of this.

except that zoro clearly >>>>>> erza in speed and with haki it's a stomping.

#50 Posted by DeathHero61 (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes: Do you have anyway to defend this claim?