Big ups nice battle

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Im thinking Major Force but id better wait for Static.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Martian

This would be a decent match. I'm going to say Ronan due to intelligence.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By YoungGunna
@Nelomaxwell: Thank you This battle  is a toss up
Avatar image for colt_python_xvii
Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Colt Python XVII

Major Force wins with minimal effort.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Major Force holds the advantage in physical stats. But, Ronan will not have that kind of battle with him. Ronan's shields can block Major Force's energy blasts and dark matter blasts, as well. If Ronan wanted to, he could teleport Major Force away for an easy win, stop him with a barrier of absolute zero to incapacitate him, or create a localized black hole to suck him in.

Ronan wins.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian
@Static Shock said:
" Major Force holds the advantage in physical stats. But, Ronan will not have that kind of battle with him. Ronan's shields can block Major Force's energy blasts and dark matter blasts, as well. If Ronan wanted to, he could teleport Major Force away for an easy win, stop him with a barrier of absolute zero to incapacitate him, or create a localized black hole to suck him in.

Ronan wins.
"
Agreed.
Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Colt Python XVII
@Static Shock said:
 But, Ronan will not have that kind of battle with him.
Ronan doesn't have a choice
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Ronan

Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Colt Python XVII
@Nobody said:
" @Static Shock said:
" Major Force holds the advantage in physical stats. But, Ronan will not have that kind of battle with him. Ronan's shields can block Major Force's energy blasts and dark matter blasts, as well. If Ronan wanted to, he could teleport Major Force away for an easy win, stop him with a barrier of absolute zero to incapacitate him, or create a localized black hole to suck him in.

Ronan wins.
"
Agreed. "
This Ronan that ya'll are thinking of that is awesome enough to do that to Major Force..doesn't exist.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Martian
@Colt Python XVII: 
No Caption Provided
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock
@Colt Python XVII said:
"
Ronan doesn't have a choice "
According to my post, he does.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock
@Colt Python XVII said:
"
This Ronan that ya'll are thinking of that is awesome enough to do that to Major Force..doesn't exist. "
I'm pretty sure he does, unless I'm missing something.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I think Vance's point is that Ronan barely ever does such things. Most of the scans of him being impressive are far and between from the way he actually fights on a regular basis. Even while totally outclassed, he's shown the intention to slug it out with opponents or flat out blast them rather than use his abilities intelligently (something he is capable of).
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_ said:
" I think Vance's point is that Ronan barely ever does such things. Most of the scans of him being impressive are far and between from the way he actually fights on a regular basis. Even while totally outclassed, he's shown the intention to slug it out with opponents or flat out blast them rather than use his abilities intelligently (something he is capable of). "
Yeah, but at the same time, Major Force doesn't really fight with a clear head, either. I'm pretty Ronan is smarter than he is.
Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Colt Python XVII
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" I think Vance's point is that Ronan barely ever does such things. Most of the scans of him being impressive are far and between from the way he actually fights on a regular basis. Even while totally outclassed, he's shown the intention to slug it out with opponents or flat out blast them rather than use his abilities intelligently (something he is capable of). "
Yeah, but at the same time, Major Force doesn't really fight with a clear head, either. I'm pretty Ronan is smarter than he is. "
Ronan doesn't often use his intellect either.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Yeah, but at the same time, Major Force doesn't really fight with a clear head, either. I'm pretty Ronan is smarter than he is. "
He very likely is smarter, but Major Force's style is brutally effective (most of the time, at least) and Ronan has no way of actually knowing the Major's power level to begin with. It's quite possible Major Force will end up punching Ronan into unconsciousness before he gets the opportunity to realise that muscling him won't get him anywhere.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock
@Colt Python XVII said:
"
Ronan doesn't often use his intellect either. "
And, he doesn't use it more than Major Force does? If this is the case, I don't really buy that.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_ said:
"
He very likely is smarter, but Major Force's style is brutally effective (most of the time, at least) and Ronan has no way of actually knowing the Major's power level to begin with. It's quite possible Major Force will end up punching Ronan into unconsciousness before he gets the opportunity to realise that muscling him won't get him anywhere. "
Hmmm... Sounds fair, I guess.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock: Ronan used his abilities intelligently recently (in Annihilators # 2), but he was already aware of his opponent's capabilities. I could see him winning more often than not had he been aware of the Major's abilities before hand, but as it stands, it is not very likely he'd resort to using his more diverse abilities right off the bat.

By the way, I read Battle for Bludhaven today. Captain Atom one-shooting Major Force was nasty.
Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Colt Python XVII
@Static Shock said:

" @Colt Python XVII said:

"
Ronan doesn't often use his intellect either. "
And, he doesn't use it more than Major Force does? If this is the case, I don't really buy that. "
He may use his intellect more than Major Force but intellect isn't even a factor.Major Force could have Ronan down with his weakest punch.Ronan isn't really fast enough for his intellect to really matter.Of course he uses it well in a comic.Comics hold characters still while Ronan thinks of something.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: Okay. I concur.

The showing Captain Atom had in Battle for Bludhaven was pretty awesome. Makes his attempt to absorb Major Force in Public Enemies look like bad writing. I don't play around when I say that Captain Atom can absorb as much energy as he wants. :)
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By karrob
@Nobody said:
" @Static Shock said:

Ronan wins.
"
Agreed. "
Agreed
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
@Colt Python XVII said:
"
He may use his intellect more than Major Force but intellect isn't even a factor.Major Force could have Ronan down with his weakest punch.Ronan isn't really fast enough for his intellect to really matter.Of course he uses it well in a comic.Comics hold characters still while Ronan thinks of something. "
Understandable. LOL.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock:I never got to reading Public Enemies, you guys criticised it heavily, it so I doubt I ever will.

I don't play around when I say that Captain Atom can absorb as much energy as he wants. :)

LOL. Indeed.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: It's been awhile since I read Battle for Bludhaven, and from what I can remember, the reason why Captain Atom was breached by that Monitor is because his indestructible metal skin was weakened due to crossing through dimensional barriers. I remember scientists saying that after attempting to seal Captain Atom's cracks. Is what I'm saying spot-on, or am I missing something?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: It's been awhile since I read Battle for Bludhaven, and from what I can remember, the reason why Captain Atom was breached by that Monitor is because his indestructible metal skin was weakened due to crossing through dimensional barriers. I remember scientists saying that after attempting to seal Captain Atom's cracks. Is what I'm saying spot-on, or am I missing something? "
You are spot-on. They actually comment on it twice, if memory serves right.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_: Aight. Just making sure I'm not crazy. My mind gets cloudy over books I haven't read in a while.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock:No problem, I suffer from the same thing.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock:  By the way, Static, have you read all the issues Monarch appeared in, during Countdown? His page seems to be lacking in that factor.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By daak1212

How was Ronan supposed to contend again?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock:  By the way, Static, have you read all the issues Monarch appeared in, during Countdown? His page seems to be lacking in that factor. "
I did. But, since someone already submitted info for them, I bothered not to touch it. 
HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HumanNumber
@daak1212 said:
" How was Ronan supposed to contend again? "
He doesn't.
Colt Python XVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Colt Python XVII

Also in that scan where Ronan beats the Avengers that's really funny seeing as how two of those characters have beaten him solo or with no help from a team.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock:  By the way, Static, have you read all the issues Monarch appeared in, during Countdown? His page seems to be lacking in that factor. "
I did. But, since someone already submitted info for them, I bothered not to touch it.  "
Just interested in checking them out myself, is all.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Manchine

Ronan stands a chance but not a very good one.  Like 99 times he loses out of 100.  Major Force dominates him.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Morpheus_ said:
Maybe he didn't show his powers before Annihilation, but currently in many comics he showed great powers. Mostly, matter manipulation and resistance to matter manipulation. I've seen it in his mini and currently in Annihilators. Ronan didn't have much more battles than that. I acctually remember only two other battles:
-with Ravenous (I barely belive that mm would be effective on him, since he is pretty much Herald)
-Imperial Guards attack on his weding, but here he was suprised.

I would say that there is at least 50% chance for Ronan using matter manipulation in character.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By kheranlord12

If Ronan use his intellect he can pull a win. His intellect is ranked has gifted they are people who has shown incredilbe feat of intelligence with that elvel of intellect people such has Overmind,  Norman Osborn and Alex from the runway. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@czarny_samael said:

I would say that there is at least 50% chance for Ronan using matter manipulation in character. "

Unless his matter manipulation is at the Quantum level, it's not going to work. Captain Atom has already shown an immunity to molecular manipulation because of his Quantum energies protecting him, and Major Force is powered by the same source. The only person who was able to manipulate Force's molecular structure was Resurrection Man, and that was because he possessed Quantum telekinesis, allowing him to manipulate matter at the Quantum level.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Static Shock said:
" @czarny_samael said:

I would say that there is at least 50% chance for Ronan using matter manipulation in character. "

Unless his matter manipulation is at the Quantum level, it's not going to work. Captain Atom has already shown an immunity to molecular manipulation because of his Quantum energies protecting him, and Major Force is powered by the same source. The only person who was able to manipulate Force's molecular structure was Resurrection Man, and that was because he possessed Quantum telekinesis, allowing him to manipulate matter at the Quantum level. "
1.Different user different level of resistance. Like with Power Cosmic. So I wouldn't give Cap's abilities to Major so fast.
2.You mean, that Major Victory already resist molecular manipulation or that no powerfull man used it on him?
3.Sorry, IDK how good in that kind of manipulation should user be to say that he is doing it in quantum level. Can You explain it?
4.In Annihilators #1, Doctor Dredd was able to cut Surfer, while he wasn't able to do the same to Ronan in A#2. IMO Ronan's mm is greater than Surfer when it comes to use it directly on opponent (the same with resisting it), but Surfer can affect much larger area, create items or affect his opponents from larger distance. Also Ronan already affected tech that was created to fight with Celestials, imprison Nova (herald) or age people.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@czarny_samael: To clarify, the only reason Dredd wasn't able to cut Ronan was because Ronan actually played it smart after seeing he was able to cut the Surfer, therefore he didn't bullrush him, he used the Universal Weapon on him. As opposed to the Surfer, who, in # 1, somehow thought it was a good idea to lunge at him headfirst, while on foot, no less. It's not that Ronan did something the Surfer couldn't do, it's that the Surfer was dumbed down by the writing to do something out of character so that the Annihilators would realise the threat Dredd posed in a direct, physical confrontation. Also, Ronan got the shaft in # 1 when Ikon subdued him in a single move, and was stated to be the weakest of the team, so, naturally, he had to shine at some point.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Morpheus_ said:
" @czarny_samael: To clarify, the only reason Dredd wasn't able to cut Ronan was because Ronan actually played it smart after seeing he was able to cut the Surfer, therefore he didn't bullrush him, he used the Universal Weapon on him. As opposed to the Surfer, who, in # 1, somehow thought it was a good idea to lunge at him headfirst, while on foot, no less. It's not that Ronan did something the Surfer couldn't do, it's that the Surfer was dumbed down by the writing to do something out of character so that the Annihilators would realise the threat Dredd posed in a direct, physical confrontation. Also, Ronan got the shaft in # 1 when Ikon subdued him in a single move, and was stated to be the weakest of the team, so, naturally, he had to shine at some point. "
1.Before he smashed Dredd, he said that Dredd no longer can him or anyone else, in explanation he said that his hammer has mollecular manipulation powers.
2.Being the weakest, doesn't mean that he don't have areas in which his better than others.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@czarny_samael:

1. I already said that.
2. He isn't better than the Surfer in molecular manipulation of any kind. The Surfer simply refrains from using it on living beings, ninety percent of the time.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Morpheus_ said:
" @czarny_samael:

1. I already said that.
2. He isn't better than the Surfer in molecular manipulation of any kind. The Surfer simply refrains from using it on living beings, ninety percent of the time.
"
1.The difference is that I don't belive that Surfer could do the same.
2.If his mm would be better than Ronan's (in this area), he wouldn't be cutted by Dredd.

P.S. Question about Ravenous... Did Surfer depowered him? Because I belive that Ronan did it, in Annihilation#5. Ravenous had his curses there.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock
@czarny_samael said:

1.Different user different level of resistance. Like with Power Cosmic. So I wouldn't give Cap's abilities to Major so fast.2.You mean, that Major Victory already resist molecular manipulation or that no powerfull man used it on him?3.Sorry, IDK how good in that kind of manipulation should user be to say that he is doing it in quantum level. Can You explain it?4.In Annihilators #1, Doctor Dredd was able to cut Surfer, while he wasn't able to do the same to Ronan in A#2. IMO Ronan's mm is greater than Surfer when it comes to use it directly on opponent (the same with resisting it), but Surfer can affect much larger area, create items or affect his opponents from larger distance. Also Ronan already affected tech that was created to fight with Celestials, imprison Nova (herald) or age people. "

1) It's not a resistance. It's an immunity. There's a difference. Quantum energy prevented molecular manipulation from taking effect. For it to be a resistance, Captain Atom would have to willfully attempt to keep it from happening; that wasn't the case.

2) No. I mean that Major Force could possibly share the same immunity as Captain Atom because he is powered by the same source. It only worked against him because someone manipulated his molecular structure at the Quantum level.

3) There's not much to explain, other than the fact it deals with manipulating the minimum (smallest) amount of physical matter (elementary particles). It was just an ability that Resurrection Man had, allowing him to manipulate matter at the Quantum level.

No Caption Provided

4) Not sure what Ronan's molecular manipulation has to do with the Silver Surfer's. Just because it's greater than Silver Surfer's doesn't mean that it's going to work on Major Force. Major Force also doesn't age. He's pure energy.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@czarny_samael said:

"2.If his mm would be better than Ronan's (in this area), he wouldn't be cutted by Dredd."

You keep missing the point. The Surfer didn't use any molecular manipulation against Dredd. It's not a subconscious ability. You have to willfully access it. Ronan already knew that physically attacking Dredd before nullifying his powers first would have been futile, hence why he used molecular manipulation before he hit him. Had Ronan attacked Dredd without that knowledge, molecular manipulation wouldn't have been his initial choice of attack, and he would have been cut, as well.

Did Surfer depowered him? Because I belive that Ronan did it, in Annihilation#5. Ravenous had his curses there.

No, you can clearly see the Super Skrull impaling the curs right before Ronan delivers the shot that deformed Ravenous' face.