#1 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Roland Deschain Pre Drawing of Three

Gear: His Legendary Revolvers.

vs

Captain Boomerang Owen Mercer

Standard Boomerangs.

Battle in a Saloon Town.

Scenario 1) Quick Draw in street. Start 50 feet apart.

Scenario 2) Shoot out thru the town. Start in Opposite Buildings.

Both Blood Lusted.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Owen has super speed so I see him winning.

#3 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: Roland does too with his Gun speed and Reload. In fact he moves so fast he can shoot all 6 rounds before the human eye can perceive as well realod all chambers in a blur.

I know Owen is Mach speed in Boomerang speed.

So superior speed should not be too one sided one way or the other.

#4 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Are you talking about Owen's boomerang throwing speed? Because I am talking about running speed:

#5 Edited by TotalBalance (724 posts) - - Show Bio

You can be as quick off the draw as you like but that won't make the bullets themselves fly any faster. I am afraid shooting skills can't help you when captain boomerang can deflect bullets. I see Boomerang taking this at least 7/10.

#6 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance: With paperclips. For a joke.

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1: Thats a fair point. @TotalBalance said:

You can be as quick off the draw as you like but that won't make the bullets themselves fly any faster. I am afraid shooting skills can't help you when captain boomerang can deflect bullets. I see Boomerang taking this at least 7/10.

That was pretty good showing with prep till this happen.

still cant move fast enough or quick enough to dodge bullets or gun wielding in the hands of Deadshot. Roland is pretty comparable.

#8 Posted by TotalBalance (724 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: That is at point blank range and I consider Deadshot superior to Roland. Not to mention he didn't use his boomerangs in that encounter due to the range, with boomerangs at 50 ft there is no way Roland is touching Boomerang. not to mention what do you mean by "still cant move fast enough or quick enough to dodge bullets or gun wielding in the hands of Deadshot." it looks to me like he dodged the first three.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@TotalBalance: Thats my point. 3 out of 6 shots. I would dare say Roland shoots faster according to the Novels and Comics. He also has 12 shots.

#10 Posted by TotalBalance (724 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@TotalBalance: Thats my point. 3 out of 6 shots. I would dare say Roland shoots faster according to the Novels and Comics. He also has 12 shots.

Alright, we see Boomerang with the ability to deflect bullets using paperclips, then we see him dodging pistol fire at point blank range. At a range of 50 ft. he has much more time to react and using proper boomerangs he will only be more accurate. At that distance I see Boomerang deflecting/dodging the bullets and Roland getting a supersonic boomerang to the side of the head.

#11 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway I will post here and leave this to that.

As it describes Sick or Healthy. Roland was dying of a fever and poison at this moment yet as said faster than a Streak of Blue Summer Lightning.

Kills 5 Vampire Sucker Bats at the same time dang near. One bite from them and you die.

Quick Draws Jonas the head Big Coffin Hunter and puts 2 in his head simultaneous.

Bert (Roalnds friend and one of his Ka-Tet) shows just how fast these Gunslingers of Gilead are. Sad fact is for the amazing Speed and Accuracy with this Sling Shot Roland was still the faster of the 2 by alot.

This is after Eddie Dean (a future member of Roland's Ka-Tet and proven Gunslinger) gets shown up by Roland while his life is saved.

There are hundreds of other examples but point is Roland Hand speed and accuracy are pretty supernatural as well his perception.

Anyway as easy it is for Mercer to takes Rolands Bullets out of the sky it can as easy for him to shoot the Mach Speed Boomernags out of the sky as well.

Also the fact that Boomerangs travel at Mach speed and .45s travel at 1100 FPS. a few off Speed of Sound.

Then we have Owens 8 Boomerangs as pictured to Rolands 12 shots. Then we further considered Rolands reload Speed (describe as a blur to the human eye) and time it takes Boomerangs to come back (if they don't get stuck at all in the wood buildings).

Also take into account Owens Short speed burst as well.

All in all I say there about even here.

I personaly see Owen taking Scenario 2 as Roland takes Scenario 1.

well I'm out of this but keep monitoring.

#12 Posted by dondave (34556 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Boomerang ftw

#13 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Captain Boomerang ftw

#14 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: The thing is, Owen can actually run faster than the bullets themselves. The bullets will move at around mach 1 maybe a little lower, whereas Owen runs fast enough to easily overcome Mach 1 winds. Added to that is the fact that Roland can't dodge his boomerangs, and I have to give Owen a substantial majority.

And it's not like Roland's the only quickdrawing gunfighter here:

Roland can outdraw bats, but Owen can outdraw a blitzing speedster. Advantage: Captain Boomerang.

#15 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Roland in round 1, can't run in a quick draw. Round 2... Gunslinger needs prep.

#16 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: But Owen has outdrawn a blitz by a clone of Jay Garrick. See the post above yours for scans. I don't see Roland taking him that easily, and Owen is wuick enough to dodge the bullets, if that's legal in the rules of the draw.

#17 Posted by nickzambuto (12978 posts) - - Show Bio

Boomerang is out of Roland's league. He's pretty much out of anyone who relies on a gun's league.