Rogue vs. .......

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WindCloud

Using the same logic as some of those mis-informed types on this site who thinks that Rogue can beat Doomsday ( i  won't mention anyone specifically, but you know who you are), that means that Rogue can absorb the following people's powers and then beat them too, huh ?

1.  SA Superman  (absolutely, using the same logic as a certain other "Rogue vs. Doomsday" thread, she'll whup his a$$)
2.  Captain Atom  (oh yeah, definitely, she'll absorb ALL his powers, in addition to all the other X-Men's powers she's absorbed inside of her, she'll whup his a$$ as well)
3.  Dark Phoenix and Phoenix of The White Crown (hell yeah, she'll absorb ALL their powers, be their equal, and beat the living her-jeebeez outta them.....YEAH !!!)
4.  Hell's, we might as well say Galactus, Imperiex, Silver Surfer, Trion Juggernaut, Thought Robot, so on and so on, up to and including the PR Beyonder, and Living Tribunal........SHE'LL BEAT THEM ALL.....know why ?  Coz there's ABSOLUTELY NO LIMIT to the amount of power she can absorb and use to beat all those cosmic entities.  ROGUE IS THE MOST POWERFUL CHARACTER IN ALL OF COMIC BOOKS ...................... YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO ROGUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
5.  PR Molecule Man/ Omni-level Scarlet Witch/etc, etc.  (Who T.F. are they ?  She's already beaten all them chumps above, what difference are these other weaklings gonna make, right ?)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

IF, as in if Rogue can absorb the character the she has a good chance of beating the character sure. Why not? What versus threads can do, is in effect let a poster, be like a writer, and establish creative control. Writers themselves disagree with each other all the time, this is how we end up with a inconsistent narrative. So the in the Rogue and Doomsday thread, one way to argue there is questioning whether Rogue could indeed have all the powers given to her by the OP, and if not, whether its fair to go with the idea that she can for that thread.  

Absence of a limit is not proof of no limit. As many fallacious arguments were used for people citing Doomsday wins as those advocating Rogue. All with probably quite broad degrees in logic in support. 

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WindCloud
@SC said:
IF, as in if Rogue can absorb the character the she has a good chance of beating the character sure. Why not? What versus threads can do, is in effect let a poster, be like a writer, and establish creative control. Writers themselves disagree with each other all the time, this is how we end up with a inconsistent narrative. So the in the Rogue and Doomsday thread, one way to argue there is questioning whether Rogue could indeed have all the powers given to her by the OP, and if not, whether its fair to go with the idea that she can for that thread.   Absence of a limit is not proof of no limit. As many fallacious arguments were used for people citing Doomsday wins as those advocating Rogue. All with probably quite broad degrees in logic in support. 
huh ?  Really sorry, you lost me there....lol
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator
@WindCloud said:
@SC said:
IF, as in if Rogue can absorb the character the she has a good chance of beating the character sure. Why not? What versus threads can do, is in effect let a poster, be like a writer, and establish creative control. Writers themselves disagree with each other all the time, this is how we end up with a inconsistent narrative. So the in the Rogue and Doomsday thread, one way to argue there is questioning whether Rogue could indeed have all the powers given to her by the OP, and if not, whether its fair to go with the idea that she can for that thread.   Absence of a limit is not proof of no limit. As many fallacious arguments were used for people citing Doomsday wins as those advocating Rogue. All with probably quite broad degrees in logic in support. 

Oh my bad man. 

Basically my post implies there can be pretty strong logical basis for someone in the Rogue and Doomsday thread to think she can beat Doomsday. A lot of flawed logic as well, of course, with anything. Good logic involved with why Doomsday would win as well. As well as flawed, and of course a lot of strong critical thinking to reach the conclusion that we don't actually, creatively, know, what might happen. Since for the large part, a lot of questions to do with most characters powers aren't actually that substantially tested and they usually differ with each writer ever so slightly. It can be tricky discerning the logical types with the illogical types, with say ambiguous arguments, usually personally I tend to try and have faith that most VS posters have some solid reasoning prompting their opinions/statements. 
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WindCloud
@SC said:
@WindCloud said:
@SC said:
 Oh my bad man. Basically my post implies there can be pretty strong logical basis for someone in the Rogue and Doomsday thread to think she can beat Doomsday. A lot of flawed logic as well, of course, with anything. Good logic involved with why Doomsday would win as well. As well as flawed, and of course a lot of strong critical thinking to reach the conclusion that we don't actually, creatively, know, what might happen. Since for the large part, a lot of questions to do with most characters powers aren't actually that substantially tested and they usually differ with each writer ever so slightly. It can be tricky discerning the logical types with the illogical types, with say ambiguous arguments, usually personally I tend to try and have faith that most VS posters have some solid reasoning prompting their opinions/statements. 
Oh, ok...that does make what you were trying to say a little clearer, but still, Rogue beating Doomsday is just absolute ludicrous.  We might as well say that she can beat all those characters (and more) in my OP.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator
@WindCloud said:
Oh, ok...that does make what you were trying to say a little clearer, but still, Rogue beating Doomsday is just absolute ludicrous.  We might as well say that she can beat all those characters (and more) in my OP.

Me, personally? I am more a something is proven ludicrous by being proven ludicrous type deal. Cutting my arm, and expecting rainbow colored jelly to float out of the wound... I mean... lol, that's ludicrous. Applying the narrative that Rogue has the knowledge and intelligence, to some degree of a biochemist (and thus smarter than me, and so unlike say a Rhino fight, if I can think of ways she can apply her powers, its legitimate to think she can as well) has defensive powers, among one, of which means she can withstand the attacks of a death goddess in Hela, teleportation powers? Super speed?Right, there thats pretty fair grounds for at least dismissing the idea that Rogue has a chance at not losing as being ludicrous. Add more powers and specify aspects about Doomsday either unclear, or unknown?  

SA Superman is quite different to Doomsday. Personality wise and power wise. Given the era that he existed I would say whether she could, owes nothing to consistency and everything to do with the wishes of the writer. Aesthetic distance is broken. Knowing SA Superman, Rogue probably could absorb him, before he would become immune thereafter. The Phoenix is sentient to a degree, we know Rogue has absorbed Jean's powers easy enough while she had the Phoenix but its unlikely she acquired any Phoenix Force, at least in my opinion, and nothing was demonstrated. So that demonstrates why Phoenix is different to Doomsday. We know Rogue can't absorb Surfers powers, because of the type of power it was, just like she can't Vision, or Mojo. So Galactus would out of the question generally... then again, its a legitimate theory that one could suggest, with the right combo of powers and knowledge that Rogue could also start subverting her own limits. What I mean by that, if Rogue had Sage's powers and Darwins powers? Sage's more precise control over her body could mean, that power could greatly amplify Darwins powers. Which in turn could amplify Rogue's powers so say, where she had trouble with Mojo or Zero before, she would not have trouble now. Ditto Silver Surfer. Likewise with Juggernaut, his power source has an element of sentience to it, because of Cytorrak. Rogue has absorbed Juggernaut before, but not fully. Then again, if your example was Molecule Man? Well, that's unclear. She might be able to, in theory (but of course in practice she shouldn't get a chance to at least in situations usually granted in VS board. Then again, if she could, as in he allowed her too? Molecule Man not with more power, but more inherent powers, improved thinking and tactics, speed, efficiency? I mean, yikes, this with full objectivity can be an endless discussion. Not even covering anything about who beats who. Just applying scenarios based on what we know of the past and how her powers work and don't work and if the plot was turned off (as in the characters actions won't be determined by the writers who at the best of times tend to write characters as being extremely dense because of course writers write for entertainment and not 1. Accuracy. 2. Realism. 3. To make characters seem competent by actually being competent. Rather they leave that up to the narrative.  

Bendis had a plan with Rogue which involved her taking Genis Vell's powers and becoming a big cosmic heavy hitter. Didn't eventuate of course, but as far as creative discretion applied. So, I sort of disagree with the idea that Doomsday is similar to a few of the characters you mention, as well as pointing out this is not a false dilemma situation. All characters can beat all other characters. It just depends. You apply the likelihood of them beating the other characters. With many of the characters, you can stack the deck. With ways to do with the narrative (prep, artifacts, team work, handicaps, power increases) as well as real life creative situations. IE using writers words and opinions against each other. Knowing limits about characters or info about characters, not revealed in the narrative. Applying objective honesty or accuracy, like the fact Beast is a really, really dumb biochemist, at least in most stories he is in. One time he even slaughtered what evolution is. Oy vey. Then there is fairness. I mean, if a guy in a thread asks who wins, between.... Galactus? Then Hulk... but Hulk has the power, skill, experience and knowledge of Living Tribunal? Its not ludicrous that people think Hulk wins. Its ludicrous that they just didn't make a Galactus vs Living Tribunal match. (no offense to the poster who made Rogue/Doomsday thread, since that's far more likely organically than Hulk getting these powers... sorta...) Doomsday is not a reality warper in any effective and efficient sense is he? He must still follow some sort of laws, he can therefore cease to exist. It just requires the right knowledge and power. Same with the other characters. Marvel and DC don't commit to what those things are (the extent of the knowledge and power) so its more guess work assumptive type stuff that's hard to pin down, because like expressed before, every writer is different. Add in absence of proof, not being proof of absence and suddenly anyone with Darwins powers introduces a notion of nothing really being too ludicrous because the character, just like Doomsday, now has the capacity for ludicrousness. 0_0 (as least in as far as Doomsday's offense as shown in all reading material I have seen of him) 

Sorry for long post, I wanted to be thorough. Naturally I missed a whole, whole lot out. Don't want to be too boring. 0_0
Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: Very well written ;-D
Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
White Angel Of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WindCloud said:
Using the same logic as some of those mis-informed types on this site who thinks that Rogue can beat Doomsday ( i  won't mention anyone specifically, but you know who you are), that means that Rogue can absorb the following people's powers and then beat them too, huh ?

1.  SA Superman  (absolutely, using the same logic as a certain other "Rogue vs. Doomsday" thread, she'll whup his a$$)
2.  Captain Atom  (oh yeah, definitely, she'll absorb ALL his powers, in addition to all the other X-Men's powers she's absorbed inside of her, she'll whup his a$$ as well)
3.  Dark Phoenix and Phoenix of The White Crown (hell yeah, she'll absorb ALL their powers, be their equal, and beat the living her-jeebeez outta them.....YEAH !!!)
4.  Hell's, we might as well say Galactus, Imperiex, Silver Surfer, Trion Juggernaut, Thought Robot, so on and so on, up to and including the PR Beyonder, and Living Tribunal........SHE'LL BEAT THEM ALL.....know why ?  Coz there's ABSOLUTELY NO LIMIT to the amount of power she can absorb and use to beat all those cosmic entities.  ROGUE IS THE MOST POWERFUL CHARACTER IN ALL OF COMIC BOOKS ...................... YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO ROGUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
5.  PR Molecule Man/ Omni-level Scarlet Witch/etc, etc.  (Who T.F. are they ?  She's already beaten all them chumps above, what difference are these other weaklings gonna make, right ?)
The difference is in that thread rogue had absorbed A LOT of the x-men's powers. Who's to say that with all those abilities she wouldn't be able to kill it. Isn't this thread just a little immature? Like your sulking lol 

What your saying here is that rogue is absorbing these peoples powers and then beating them, totally different to the scenario in the other thread. 

Not happy? Deal with it
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Sorry, Rogue, but her big disadvantage is lack of familiarity with her powers. She gets their memories, but it takes time to develop confidence and experience. So she doesn't make it past Round 1. Honestly, SA Superman has dealt with worse. She's not even a hiccup to him.

YoungThriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By YoungThriller

Yea that statement about her being able to absorb Doomsday power is really flawed.She would have to take on his memories and she could overload on them.Her absorbing cosmic entity's is also ridiculous.And for SA superman,She could absorb his powers,But not to the extent of which he has them.She could absorb his strength,speed,nigh-invulnerability,But be unable to reproduce it to planet moving stats.   

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Sissel

Her powers can be negated if someone's powers or will is strong enough examples of this is Juggernaut and Mojo. I don't think she can even win first round.