-gonna fly now theme

-eye of the tiger

noiseinmyblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you watch Rocky III, where Rocky wants to fight Clubber Lang against the wishes and recommendations of Mickey, you find out Rocky's big secret. Mickey has been fixing his fights and hand-picking his opponents since the beginning, because he was never good enough to fight toe-to-toe with someone as good, as skilled and powerful, as Clubber Lang. With that said...

Captain America is borderline Super-human, and considered one of the very best fighters in the Marvel universe (let alone on Earth), so...

Rocky finds himself in the audience seats, 40 rows back, before the sound of the opening bell ringing finishes echoing.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By russellmania77

@noiseinmyblood: no not in the beginning, Apollo was no bum, he put him up against those other bums cuz he was going blind in his left eye

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CharlieJade

Cap easily

He out runs motor vehicles

known for sending people flying left and right like rag dolls

soaked energy blasts, rips punching bags with punches, soaks Red Skull who can dent steel

Held a motorcycle with two girls on it over his head

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap ftw

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm pretty sure Cap would just throw Rocky into the audience.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@noiseinmyblood: It wasn't every match, it was just the title defending matches that were fixed. But ya Cap here.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve would knock Rocky's brains out........ Literallly

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rozalia

Rocky has taken punches from Drago (who was practically a super soldier) and when serious and motivated was no selling Clubber Lang so it isn't as clear cut as people make it. Yes yes Cap has punched out Hulk and all that so don't bombarding me with that nonsense.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rozalia said:

Rocky has taken punches from Drago (who was practically a super soldier) and when serious and motivated was no selling Clubber Lang so it isn't as clear cut as people make it. Yes yes Cap has punched out Hulk and all that so don't bombarding me with that nonsense.

Agreed. I still think Cap wins, but it will be after a good fight. Rocky can take a beating and keep going.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

I'm pretty sure Cap would just throw Rocky into the audience.

Didn't work when Hulk Hogan did it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Because the audience caught him. Not sure if there's an audience watching this.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocky can block concrete destroying punches using his head.LOL Steve can beat him up all day and rocky just keeps coming back,

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Rocky has no chance unless "Rocky is at peak human state" means his stats are equal to Cap's. If that's the case than he wins.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pokeysteve: i dont think that would matter.... cap can deal with a really good boxer

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rozalia

@hyperlight said:

@pokeysteve: i dont think that would matter.... cap can deal with a really good boxer

Might just like to remind you that for all that Rocky loves to stick to slugging it out with his opponents as his durability is simply insane he actually is more skilled then most people realise. He was after all trained by his universe's version of Mohammad Ali Apollo Creed. Even if Cap were to have the edge in punching power it wouldn't matter much as Rocky has the durability edge and as typical of movie characters involving sports he can keep getting up as long as he has the willpower to do so.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Cap is stronger than thunderlips who was manhandling balboa

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rozalia: anything rocky has taken durability wise cap can do as well. he is physically better and has more experience with a peak human body. cap would floor him with one hit

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sandiego008

I think people are forgetting its boxing rules, so captain isn't going all acrobatic in here or kicking or even throwing rocky out of the ring. He is straight up boxing rocky, which makes this more interesting.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokeysteve

It's boxing rules. Rocky has the skill edge.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rozalia

@hyperlight said:

@rozalia: anything rocky has taken durability wise cap can do as well. he is physically better and has more experience with a peak human body. cap would floor him with one hit

Rocky has taken 4 tons of force to the head...repeatedly. Whatever happens Cap won't be one shotting him.

Cap is stronger than thunderlips who was manhandling balboa

Charity fight and Rocky wasn't serious anyway.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: lol @skill edge for rocky. He is the worst boxer ever technically. He has insane heart and durability. But skill edge for someone who blocks punches with his face while keeping hands at his waist....... Negative. Cap destroys rocky.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l said:

@pokeysteve: lol @skill edge for rocky. He is the worst boxer ever technically. He has insane heart and durability. But skill edge for someone who blocks punches with his face while keeping hands at his waist....... Negative. Cap destroys rocky.

Lol yeah he's so terrible he won the title twice and beat the guy that killed his trainer who was also the former title holder. With equal stats, Rocky dominates a boxing match. Cap dominates a mixed martial arts fight.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: idk if youre serious.......... Or if you just never seen a real boxing match in your life, but rocky has no boxing skill. He has durability and heart and a hard punch. But his head movement is non existant. As is his footwork...... Even apollo told his his foot work was a joke and he was shown practicing to improve that but during the fight he didnt display any foot work of note. He defense is to tank the hits rather than move or block. He doesnt counter punch and he doesnt use his jab......... How exactly is he skilled? He won yeah but not through skill because he has no actual boxing skill hes just tough....... Ifnhe had boxing skill he probably wouldnt be so banged up and punch drunk by the end of his career.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l said:

@pokeysteve: idk if youre serious.......... Or if you just never seen a real boxing match in your life, but rocky has no boxing skill. He has durability and heart and a hard punch. But his head movement is non existant. As is his footwork...... Even apollo told his his foot work was a joke and he was shown practicing to improve that but during the fight he didnt display any foot work of note. He defense is to tank the hits rather than move or block. He doesnt counter punch and he doesnt use his jab......... How exactly is he skilled? He won yeah but not through skill because he has no actual boxing skill hes just tough....... Ifnhe had boxing skill he probably wouldnt be so banged up and punch drunk by the end of his career.

I disagree as Rocky showed a noticeable improvement in the final fight with Clubber Lang where he actually began to...avoid punches...then went straight back to just no selling everything.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

steve duh

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l said:

The end of his career he came back and took the current champion to 10 rounds (I think).

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:he doesn't. caps accumulated skills in fighting monsters gods and the like will give him the edge i believe. he will one shot rocky. wildcat vs rocky would be the same thing. these are superheroes... im sure they can handle a boxing match

@sandiego008: it dont think it will matter... this is like saying batman vs bruce lee... batmans a comic peak human that is better than bruce lee will ever bee.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve:he doesn't. caps accumulated skills in fighting monsters gods and the like will give him the edge i believe. he will one shot rocky. wildcat vs rocky would be the same thing. these are superheroes... im sure they can handle a boxing match

He didn't box the gods or the monsters. Wildcat was an actual boxer. The superhero boxer beats the regular boxer. Cap was never a boxer.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hyperlight

@pokeysteve: one of the skills that cap learned is boxing.. you really dont think he knows how to box? boxing is simplistic compared to the things he does on a daily basis. combined with the two decades of experience he has with a peak human body.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rozalia

@hyperlight said:

@pokeysteve: one of the skills that cap learned is boxing.. you really dont think he knows how to box? boxing is simplistic compared to the things he does on a daily basis. combined with the two decades of experience he has with a peak human body.

Don't badmouth boxing now. Cap may know boxing but you seem to forget its all Rocky knows and he has been doing it for a loooong time and been trained by the best.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l said:

This.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He learned it sure but it wasn't his lively hood for.....however long Rocky was boxing for. Probably 10+ years. I don't understand how 20 years with a peak human body is any sort of advantage here. Cap isn't knocking him out in the first round which should be plenty of time to learn how much his strength and speed increased.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Cap defeating a boxer (who has had superhuman enhancements) in the ring. Steve himself admits that this boxer is physically superior to him, but his 'decades of constant fighting' allows him to snag the win and knock out the boxer. Keep in mind that this guy isn't just some mindless enhanced thug, he is an actual boxer like Rocky.

No Caption Provided

....And that's why Cap would win.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: cap has the skills and body to beat any olympic level athlete in there own game. his body works that well.

@rozalia: haha my bad i didnt mean to badmouth his skills. best in a realistic movie and best by comic standards are different things. its like us thinking bruce lee could beat batman in a sparring match.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: cap has the skills and body to beat any olympic level athlete in there own game. his body works that well.

If I'm understanding the OP correctly than Rocky has that same body.....well not the EXACT same one but you know, a duplicate.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hyperlight

@pokeysteve: i hear you but cap has had an identical body for much longer and has been through worse threats than a boxer

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cap won't be fatigued..cap hits harder than any other "peak" human...he'll see where rocky's punch is going before he even swings...

spite.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: i hear you but cap has had an identical body for much longer and has been through worse threats than a boxer

Very true. The experience with those stats isn't going to help much and the worse threats he fought and beat he didn't use boxing. He used martial arts and his shield. I'm not trying to suggest it's a clean 10/10 sweep. I believe it's be somewhere closer to 6 or 7/10. Extremely close.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: but caps overall fighting experience will definitely be a help in this fight.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America, he's stronger and faster than anyone that's not superhuman. Not to mention he have fought opponents with variety of powers, he's also expert in his own form of mixed martial arts which include oriental martial arts and western boxing. The boxing skill that Rocky knows is mostly good only as a sport, but not actually for fight like in the action comic or film.

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think of Rocky IV when I see this thread.