Guardians of the Galaxy

No Caption Provided
  • Star-Lord
  • Gamora
  • Drax
  • Groot
  • Bug - I know Angela's in the picture, but I miss Bug :(

Rules

• Rocket can use any weapons he's ever used besides Number Six Special and the Rampart Arms Phasic Cannon (mech he held Thanos up with)
  • Guardians get standard equipment
  • If Groot is reduced to splinters, consider him KO'd and unable to grow back for the purposes of this match. He can grow back other lesser damage, just not complete bodily damage. Also, he starts off 15 ft tall (about the size that's in the scan above), but can change size as he sees fit.
  • Win by death or KO
  • Moral on, in character, but Rocket views his team like he does any other enemy, and GotG view Rocket like they would any other enemy.

No Caption Provided

Rocket starts on the opposite side of the head as his team. They know each other's starting locations, but they are not in plain sight to begin.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tparks
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

I was going to say Angela solos, considering how she mostly manhandled the Guardians when she first showed up. But honestly it depends on what of his plethora arsenal Rocket brings. Quill is pretty easy to take down, he could blow up Groot (since splintering counts as a KO), Gamora could be KO'd, and Drax would probably need to be BFR'd or incap'd.

Honestly, he could just might do it...especially considering how well he knows the Guardians and he comes up with all their battle plans.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Wolfrazer  Online

Oh jeez, you did. XD

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump. Isn't Drax equal to Thanos in physicals? itc he solo's.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tparks

@leonkarlen123 said:

No. Not even close. Drax was able to kill Thanos, because that's what he was designed to do. It was basically his super power to be able to locate and kill Thanos.

He is currently a low mid-tier character.

I'd actually argue that Drax is probably the least threat out of all of them.

Although, in the next issue of GotG, Drax is supposed to have a fight with Gladiator, so my opinion might change if he all of a sudden is at Gladiator's level.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pikachumonster

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/drax-vs-aquaman-1576922/

Apparantly Drax lost most of his powers upon resurrection

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: It was a while i read it but didn't Drax rip his heart out with physical strength? it is impossible for equal humans top rip each ever hearts out.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By HellionVulcan

@tparks said:

@leonkarlen123 said:

No. Not even close. Drax was able to kill Thanos, because that's what he was designed to do. It was basically his super power to be able to locate and kill Thanos.

He is currently a low mid-tier character.

I'd actually argue that Drax is probably the least threat out of all of them.

Although, in the next issue of GotG, Drax is supposed to have a fight with Gladiator, so my opinion might change if he all of a sudden is at Gladiator's level.

You mean this fight ? Drax currently is nothing to Gladiator but to Rocket he'd probably win depending on what weapons Rocket has.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax. I think rocket could just shoot him, right now. Rocket encountered gladiator and survived getting speedblitz by him so he is pretty good in durability. However Groot is a problem because he knocked out Thanos once. ALthough, rocket can just play keep away and unleash his arsenal. I'm not sure he can totally destroy groot.

Still. I have to admit I don't seeing Rocket have to try and fight his own teammates :/

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By leonkarlen123

Wasn't is big PIS that Rocket's guns can hurt Thanos? He tanks planet busting attacks without too big of a trouble and Raccoon is said to be a city buster at best

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Because planet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Biggest city in the world in size.

That makes it Plot Induced Stupidity

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Experio

Raccoon could pull it off

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@granitesoldier: No way would Angela solo. Star-Lord oneshotted her.

That was pretty plot in my opinion considering how she was handling them all prior to that.

To be fair, Rocket could have taken her as well though except he was distracted for Groot's well-being when she cut off his head. Which was also plot because Rocky knows Groot can die from something like that.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@leonkarlen123: No it doesn't. Rocket once built a weapon that blew up a city and unless it's shown in a comic that he can never build a weapon that's more powerful than that then it isn't PIS.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way Rocket takes his entire team at once.

Individually? Maybe.

But not with Drax and Groot coming at him at once.

Jmarshmallow

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: She wasn't really handling them she is just able to take Gamora in h2h

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DraciosV

@leonkarlen123 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Because planet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Biggest city in the world in size.

That makes it Plot Induced Stupidity

Thanos was weakened. Not at full strength. Though, still pretty powerful. And rocket toned the gun down, threatening to paralyze him instead. At full power the blast would have harmed a strong thanos. Even so, rocket consistently fight cosmic level threats that Thanos hulk and gladiator have to expend effort fighting.

Down around at the bottom is the part with thanos

@tparks said:

I'm re-reading a lot of old cosmic Marvel and working my way up to Marvel NOW. I'll be reading everything with Rocket Raccoon in the best chronological order I can. Every time I come across a cool feat, I'll add it here.

What the
What the "Guardians of the Galaxy" should have been named.

Rocket's first appearance in Marvel Continuity

Not a feat, but a cool scan to see his initial appearance in Marvel canon.

From Marvel Preview #7 (1976)
From Marvel Preview #7 (1976)

Intelligence / Master Strategist / Leader Feats

Starlord recruited Rocket Raccoon to the Guardians of the Galaxy to be the tactical and demolitions expert for the team. Starlord claims that Rocket Raccoon is the best strategist he has met in the entire universe. Rocket acts as either Second or First in command for the Guardians of the Galaxy depending on the roster and situation, but is always involved in strategy.

Rocket being recruited by Starlord. "Best tactical mind"

No Caption Provided

Rocket gets in a bar fight with a bunch of Badoon. Rocket shoots the Ale barrels to draw a crowd so him and Groot can escape

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rocket plans a strategy to successfully infiltrate the Phalanx infected Babel Spire, and take it out of commission. This was the first blow to the Phalanx that made Ultron vulnerable to defeat from outside reinforcements. Rocket's first of many times saving the universe.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rocket predicts the break up of the Guardians of the Galaxy before it happens

No Caption Provided

Rocket leads the Guardians of the Galaxy

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tricks Gladiator into thinking he has a canon designed to kill Strontians. Gladiator loses his confidence from it which leaves him weakened long enough for the team to rescue Lilandra. Rocket single handedly took out Gladiator with nothing but a mop handle.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rocket comes up with a plan to rescue Moon Dragon from the Universal Church of Truth. They are way too outnumbered by extremely high powered UCT members, so he crashes Knowhere into the center of them which left them faithless so the team can rescue Moon Dragon from distracted weakened UCT members. Rocket was also smart enough to learn how to fly the celestial head and attack with lasers from the head very quickly.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rocket and Starlord talk strategy on how to save the universe yet again.

No Caption Provided

Rocket shows his intelligence by preventing the Guardians from killing Thanos. Killing Thanos would have had sever consequences to the Universe and Rocket was the only one intelligent enough to predict these consequences.

No Caption Provided

Rocket saves Starlord's life from Thanos. Rocket has the means to kill Thanos, but threatens instead to put Thanos in a coma that will last eternity. Rocket knows Thanos would welcome death. Rocket is one of the few characters of the Marvel U who can claim he made Thanos feel fear. He was able to subdue Thanos and allow the Guardian's powerful telepaths to restraing him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rocket tricks the security of the Keyston Quadrant so him and Groot can break in.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are down playing Star-Lord here. Remember the guy is one of the most cunning characters in the 616 and his guns are capable of using an entire planet's worth of elements so he's packing just as much ordinance as Rocky.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: It was a while i read it but didn't Drax rip his heart out with physical strength? it is impossible for equal humans top rip each ever hearts out.

He did, but that is literally Drax's super power - the ability to kill Thanos. He is basically anti-Thanos. No other character could have replicated that, it had very little to do with strength.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Not that fight. In the next issue, Drax has challenged Glads to a fight one on one to the death.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Ah, i see he is enchanted with something Thanos is allergic to :P

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Drax was a powerhouse

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#27 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Starlord can most likely take him out. Gamora definitely could.

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket Raccoon has better weapons then starlord.

I'm pretty sure rocket's guns could very easily one shot Gamora.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HellionVulcan

@tparks said:

@hellionvulcan: Not that fight. In the next issue, Drax has challenged Glads to a fight one on one to the death.

Screams pis already since Gladiator has already one shot him.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv said:

Rocket Raccoon has better weapons then starlord.

I'm pretty sure rocket's guns could very easily one shot Gamora.

Star-Lord's element guns are pretty beastly, they are cable of using an entire planet's worth of elements and he's used them to one shot an asgardian and he even had faith in them hurting Thanos (although he never got to test that)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

How can you even say that with reading the actual comic? You don't know how it will play out.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan said:

@tparks said:

How can you even say that with reading the actual comic? You don't know how it will play out.

Going by their last encounter as Drax hasn't got a power upgrade so why would he fair any better ? again calling it pis.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hellionvulcan said:

@tparks said:

Going by their last encounter as Drax hasn't got a power upgrade so why would he fair any better ? again calling it pis.

You don't even know how it's going to turn out, are you a prophet now? Can you tell the future? For all you know Drax is just stalling until he's rescued or maybe he has a plan to decrees Glad's confidence and make him weaker or maybe he's just going to let Glads kill him so he can resurrect himself later. Don't just call PIS when you have zero idea what's actually going to happen.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: drax is still far from a mid-lower level character. His durability is still of the charts and combined with his current 60-70 ton strength and crazy speed/skill/agility (also his weird ability to cut into anything with knives lol) he would be able to take rocket down, and fast. I personally don't think this is a fair fight. Drax is one of the "big guns" of the DnA guardians, according to rocket (along with phyla, adam, gamora)

But if rocket had a week or so of prep I think he could then definitely take down gamora and starlord (maybe groot)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hellionvulcan said:

@tparks said:

I have a feeling that Drax is going to use his high intelligence to beat him. Drax is supposed to be a very intelligent character since he lost his powers and regained his intellect, but hasn't really been portrayed like that since Bendis took over yet. Hopefully that's the way this goes down.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: drax is still far from a mid-lower level character. His durability is still of the charts and combined with his current 60-70 ton strength and crazy speed/skill/agility (also his weird ability to cut into anything with knives lol) he would be able to take rocket down, and fast. I personally don't think this is a fair fight. Drax is one of the "big guns" of the DnA guardians, according to rocket (along with phyla, adam, gamora)

But if rocket had a week or so of prep I think he could then definitely take down gamora and starlord (maybe groot)

He's probably 60-70 ton, but he has lacked the feats to really support this, so I never claim him to be above anything but a low mid-tier, if that. He doesn't have a single lifting feat since his power loss. His best strength feat was killing the Cancer-Verse Namor, which would require a high level of strength, but he has only demonstrated that once. He also doesn't really have much to show for durability, since he hasn't displayed it yet, so it's very difficult to determine what Drax can tank, and what would kill/KO him. At this time, Drax still can't really be defined in a specific power level Drax is definitely the least of Rocket's worries on the team. I love Drax, but he is no Groot or Gamora.

I would like to reserve my judgement a bit more until after the Gladiator fight.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HellionVulcan

@tparks said:

@hellionvulcan said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hellionvulcan said:

@tparks said:

I have a feeling that Drax is going to use his high intelligence to beat him. Drax is supposed to be a very intelligent character since he lost his powers and regained his intellect, but hasn't really been portrayed like that since Bendis took over yet. Hopefully that's the way this goes down.

Nope i was right Gladiator wasted him with ease

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I thought Drax wasn't limited to space ? but i don't think Rocket has what it takes to hurt Drax. also just noticed some panels look copied from the phoenix cyclops vs Gladiator fight.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: Drax doesn't need to breath in space

Thats what i thought hence why i said he isn't limited to space so marvel doesn't even know their own characters lol,I knew neither would die since Gladiator will be fighting Thanos in the Revelation comic so why this fight took place is beyond me.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hellionvulcan: Drax doesn't need to breath in space

Thats what i thought hence why i said he isn't limited to space so marvel doesn't even know their own characters lol,I knew neither would die since Gladiator will be fighting Thanos in the Revelation comic so why this fight took place is beyond me.

Bendis hasn't got a clue about any of these characters

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angela solo spite. I think Angela is nerfed whenever she's with the guardians. In her own run, she took on hela, thor and the warrior 3.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket, FTW.

No Caption Provided

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbuck1: He s gonna make his teammates immortal ? Bad move

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe you missed the part where they would be paralyzed.

@kgb725 said:

@spiderbuck1: He s gonna make his teammates immortal ? Bad move

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: he was going to paralyze THANOS. That would be enough to wipe this team out. And that was at 1/4 power. So he ratches it up a bit and they are toast.