Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hiddenlight

Rocket Raccoon and Groot VS World War Hulk

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Set: Hulk threatened Earth once again and was sent to a planet with no intelligent life. There, he found and killed Starlord (He was taking a bath there), thinking he had been responsible for him being there. Receiving no signal from Starlord, Groot and Rocket Raccoon monitored the planet and are planning to take Hulk down.

- Rocket Raccoon and Groot have 3 days prep time.

- The fight takes place in a quite wooded planet.

- No planet destruction (I'm sorry Rocky).

- Hulk in character, Groot and Rocky with morals off.

- Everyone has full knowledge about the others.

- The team starts 4000 feet from Hulk (1,22 km for metric system users)

- Win by KO, Death or Incap.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

Giving them that much prep is unfair..

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hiddenlight

Hulk have a lot of durability feats, and I think Rocky would put this in test. Groot maybe could restrain him somehow powering himself with the vegetable matter from the planet. But even considering that the planet is indestructible, Hulk can do serious collateral damage and render Groot vulnerable and away from the plants. But I really don't know much about the characters so I would want to hear for someone more experienced :P

Edit: Also, can Rocket guns make this kind of damage?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team easily under the conditions

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raccoon in trees always beat men on the ground..

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hiddenlight

Seriously? Here in vine Hulk looks so strong o_O I don't like him very much, and the only saga with him that i've seen was WWH, and his feats there were wondrous

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By aftershafter

I'd give it to Rocket, no Groot required. One week prep, and his level of intelligence/technology, and he would have something cooked up to turn Hulk into Banner. If Tony had something that would have done it, which only failed because of prior espionage, Rocket could. So, rocket by ingenuity.

Without the ability to Bannerize Hulk though, Groot and Rocket have no chance in a straight up slug-fest - WWH is just too much for their power sets, and he's likely more durable than the planet that Rocket isn't allowed to destroy.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By OreoAssassin

Duo due to prep

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Rocket Raccoon and Groot win. The prep time is a bit unfair for WW Hulk to handle but I think it was also kind of necessary if you wanted the team to win. Personally, I like Groot and Rocket a lot too but I feel like you should still try to make it as fair as possible for both fighters. Groot is not really any use for prep but Rocket Raccoon is very good with prep. He would make some crazy freakin' indestructible cage and make a whole entire plan to get WW Hulk trapped in the cage. Groot is the strength and Rocket is the strategy and the long-distance. Anyways I think that Groot and Rocket Raccoon win this 6.5/10. By the way, great match!!!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 tparks  Online

This is a stomp for team Rocket/Groot. They have tech just laying around that they can grab to take out Hulk with. I mean, Drax killed Thanos (not Annihilation death, the second time he killed Thanos in Thanos Imperative) with like 5 minutes of prep. The Guardians had tech ready and available that was powerful enough to vaporize Thanos down to nothing but a skeleton. That would turn WWH into a pile of ash. Giving them a week is about 6 days 23 hours, and 50 minutes overkill IMO.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By deadcool_XD

Giving them that much prep is unfair..

yup, guardians wreck

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RR and one of the many Big Gs.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prep for the win.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18  Edited By GraniteSoldier

With a more manageable amount of prep, or in a random, it would pain me to say Hulk takes it.

A MONTH? Rocky will likely find a better way to get rid of Hulk than the Illuminati did, I'm not sold on him being able to kill Hulk though. It pains me to say Rocky and Groot take it.

I love all three characters, this pains me either damn way, no matter who wins.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks:

While I agree with your premise, setting the bar at "the ability to kill/incinerate Thanos" might not mean so much in a few months. There is a Hulk VS Thanos miniseries going right now and if they actually fight and it's competitive, we may have to re-assess the whole "Thanos >>>>> Hulk" thing as it currently stands. I don't like it - in my mind, Thanos pimp smacks Hulk, and that's that - but Marvel may have other ideas as they continue their DC'esque inflation of their characters to the point of stupidity...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give anyone prep and they always win.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tparks  Online

@aftershafter said:

@tparks:

While I agree with your premise, setting the bar at "the ability to kill/incinerate Thanos" might not mean so much in a few months. There is a Hulk VS Thanos miniseries going right now and if they actually fight and it's competitive, we may have to re-assess the whole "Thanos >>>>> Hulk" thing as it currently stands. I don't like it - in my mind, Thanos pimp smacks Hulk, and that's that - but Marvel may have other ideas as they continue their DC'esque inflation of their characters to the point of stupidity...

I'm reading that series, and I doubt we will have to reassess that as Starlin is writing it. Starlin reallllllly doesn't like people making his baby (Thanos) look weak. Also, one mini-series is probably not enough to discount years of feats that would contradict a few issues IMO. I agree on maybe re-thinking if Thanos is jobbing, but it would take more then just one fight to really mean much.

It's also looking like it might be Hulk, Blaastaar, Annihilus, and probably lots of negative zone forces fodder vs Thanos, and not just Hulk vs Thanos.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hiddenlight

@comiking24: @granitesoldier: But it's like just one week D: The illuminati had way more time than them.

Edit: 3 days would be fairer? I want a competitive battle.

Note: Wasn't the Thanos killing device used against a weakened Thanos?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: I think that you should move the prep down to about 3-4 days.Your choice, either 3 days or 4 days seems good to me.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWH stomps.

Reed Richards, Dr. Strange and Iron Man all had prep, and we saw what happened. WWH took out much more formiable foes than this duo.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FoolsGold

@green_skaar said:

WWH stomps.

Reed Richards, Dr. Strange and Iron Man all had prep, and we saw what happened. WWH took out much more formiable foes than this duo.

What's stopping them from getting a Cosmic Cube like Starlord did and One-Shotting.

Not to mention that RR said that Iron Man's tech was primitive.

And DR Strange would have solo'ed Hulk if he didn't hold back.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tparks  Online

@green_skaar said:

WWH stomps.

These characters' tech pales in comparison to the Guardians' tech though. Iron Man has even admitted this. He said the best of Earth's technology (which would be his, Reed's, Wakanda, and maybe Doom) is at least one generation behind the average piece of tech on most other planets, and the Guardian's tech is as top notch as it comes. The Guardian's have tech just laying around that would easily take out any version of Hulk. They seriously only need like 5 minutes of prep. Drax had zero prep, and grabbed a weapon that disintegrated an amped Thanos to nothing but a skeleton. This wasn't something that needed to be built, it was just on hand and ready to use. This is a complete mismatch in favor of the Guardians.

With a week's prep, they can have this technology that is already more then enough to take out WWH no problem, but they also have easy access to the Mandalay Gem, which put Star-Lord's power above Thanos.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tparks  Online

Best shot they have is BFR'ing Hulk under these circumstances, but kill? Pff.

Why couldn't they? They could turn Hulk into nothing but a pile of ash like Drax did to Thanos. Hulk's healing factor has never been pushed to that limit. I know Hulk has healed from being melted, but never from being turned into nothing but ash.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foolsgold: @tparks: @green_skaar: WWH was extreme PIS,WIS and BS. Inhibitor collars, Spin tech, Galactus Robot, Kitty Pryde, Spectrum, teleporting to a black hole would have all worked. Instead the BRAINS build a machine to calm Hulk down. SMH

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Agreed. BFR or perhaps some sort of incap that contains Hulk. I don't see him getting toasted.

And you know how much I enjoy Rocky and Hulk haha.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#33 frozen  Moderator

With a more manageable amount of prep, or in a random, it would pain me to say Hulk takes it.

A MONTH? Rocky will likely find a better way to get rid of Hulk than the Illuminati did, I'm not sold on him being able to kill Hulk though. It pains me to say Rocky and Groot take it.

I love all three characters, this pains me either damn way, no matter who wins.

I agree with this.

You're the guy to go with for Rocky too.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk killed all Marvel Earth, what chances does a old tree and a raccoon have?

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just the last edit done, and the thread is getting interesting :)

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hulk.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar said:

WWH stomps.

What's stopping them from getting a Cosmic Cube like Starlord did and One-Shotting.

Not to mention that RR said that Iron Man's tech was primitive.

And DR Strange would have solo'ed Hulk if he didn't hold back.

The fact that they've never gotten a Cosmic Cube on their own. The one they used against Thanos was give to them by Kang.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I appreciate that my friend. I think some others are a bit more knowledgeable on Rocky and the GotG than myself since I'm a relatively new fan who's only been reading them for about a year, but I sincerely appreciate the sentiment.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It has nothing to do with my personal preference. Reed, Tony,Hank Pym on their own have beaten powerful foes. But collectively they fail. With prep these guys have beaten Galactus, Phoenix, Celestials but fall to Hulk? What I don't like is when people use WWH to say "even with prep Hulk can't be beat". Everything I listed would work on Hulk. In seconds Drax had a device that ripped Thanos atoms apart. So I'm not buying the argument that "reed,Tony couldn't stop hulk, so neither can Groot and Rocket. It's a ignorant argument.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pooty

@pooty said:

@theacidskull: It has nothing to do with my personal preference. Reed, Tony,Hank Pym on their own have beaten powerful foes. But collectively they fail. With prep these guys have beaten Galactus, Phoenix, Celestials but fall to Hulk? What I don't like is when people use WWH to say "even with prep Hulk can't be beat". Everything I listed would work on Hulk. In seconds Drax had a device that ripped Thanos atoms apart. So I'm not buying the argument that "reed,Tony couldn't stop hulk, so neither can Groot and Rocket. It's a ignorant argument.

Just because they didn't exactly want to Kill the Hulk doesn't mean it's PIS. Remember, these guys SENT hulk away so he could find peace. It was wrong, but if they wanted to kill him they'd act differently.

And lets for a second assume that it was PIS/CIS, why does it nullify everything else? Plus, I've never used Reeds failed prep as an argument; at least not since I stopped being a close minded fanboy.

I understand that they didn't want to kill Hulk. But they still had options. Inhibitor collars. They have subdued Hulk, Juggernaut in the past. Spin tech: based off of inhibitor collars but can be shot in a needle. Spectrum: she can become the opposite frequency of gamma radiation and turn him back into banner. Leech: he stops all super powers. He turned off Franklin Richards power. So he can turn off Hulk. Teleport him to a barren planet. Not in a space ship. Use a teleporter. Professor X: He can beat Dark Phoenix but has trouble with Hulk? There are many ways to beat Hulk without killing him.

It doesn't nullify everything else. But Rocket Racoon has already shown tech that can beat Hulk or at least KO him. and these guys won't hold back like Reed,Tony did:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket keeps him distracted while Groot devours every single tree and has the Grumpy Green Giant for dessert.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thedailybagel

@pooty: spin tech is the stuff tony used on she hulk right? You know how to combat spin tech? Glucose... That's it, considering hulk can create new organs when he needs to producing sugar of all things should be childs play.

As for sending him to another planet, are you sure you've read the story? The whole freaking point he came back so mad is because they did that. they didn't want him to wreck someone else's world and come back even angrier.

As for proffesor x, he's always struggled with hulk. Simple fact being that the angrier he is the better all his abilities are (including TP defense), and he was pretty freaking mad...

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By green_skaar

@theacidskull said:

Translation: I didn't like it so it's PIS.

A-freaking-Men!

PIS/WIS/CIS is the ultimate head the sand approach when one doesn't like a feat and wants to ignore it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for this thread post 42 shows how easily The Team wins with prep. 30 min prep will suffice

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Pis, cis are real things that happen in comics. Its not solely used for things we dont like. Its also used when a persons ability is watered down to make a story possible.

@thedailybagel: Spintech will work until they can put a collar on him. If he comes back after being sent away just send him away again. Prof X... I'll give you that one. Still leaves many non lethal ways to beat him. In Hulk vs Thanos a simple device shuts down Hulks mind in a second.

As for this thread post 42 shows how easily they can beat Hulk. Almost any prep makes this unfair

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@green_skaar: Pis, cis are real things that happen in comics. Its not solely used for things we dont like. Its also used when a persons ability is watered down to make a story possible.

No they are not real things. They are made up concepts by readers who think they know better than professional writers and editors on who characters should or shouldn't act/react to a situation. I always see PIS/CIS/WIS mentioned on Comic Vine, but never RIS (reader induced stupidity) which is rampant here (not by you, I actually like you)!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: Dammit, THAT'S NOT FAIR!! You know the ONLY thing I like more then debating is compliments. You win.........this time

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins by buying hookers