#1  Edited By those_eyes
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Rules

New 2014 RoRobocop

Classic predator

Robocop has all weapons and bike

Predator has spear, shoulder cannon, wrist blades, and smart disc, helmet and armour

Round 1

Random encounter

Round 2

Predator is hunting Robocop

Round 3

H2H Only

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How durable is Robocop in the new film? I would think the plasma caster would put him down with one or two hits, in the first two scenarios, and hand to hand who knows? Predators are tough enough to ragdoll fully grown Xenomorphs like they are children, I can't imagine Robocop would fare any better but hopefully someone else can make a case for him.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen the new RC movie, but I'm just going to assume he's an accurate gun slinger, with heighted reflexes, while his suit grants him speed and strength feats. Sounds to me like Captain America in a suit of metal.

Both are experts with weapons.

Both exhibit heighted speed, durability and strength.

If that's a similar comparison, Predator wins.

Why?

I think btw Predator's ability to zero in on weaknesses (ie, Robocop's exposed jaw area)

One of those death nets will subdue RC long enough to plasma blast it and do some damage. The concussive force should theoretically do damage to RC.

Another potential is Predator's cloaking ability. If RC can't pick up on that, he's screwed.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Robocop

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Predator.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VenomousTaco

Round 1: Predator should win here. Robocop won't know what hit him.

Round 2: I want to say Predator. I really do. Predators have the tech, strength, and skill to crush the metal man. But then again, the first Predator lost to Arnold sooooooooo...

Round 3: Predator should win no problem. Unless he decides Robocop is an opponent worthy of h2h, in which case he would lose if he does anything stupid.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Predator all areas. Arnie only won because of Plot Shield. That's not applicable here.

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round one robocop he Is uber durable throughout the movie he takes a HAMMERING and doesn't even get closed to death

Round 2: predator 6/10 see above

Round 3: idk, not enough h2h feats for robocop

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Devil_Driver

Round one robocop he Is uber durable throughout the movie he takes a HAMMERING and doesn't even get closed to death

A hammering from what exactly? gunfire? anything that makes you think he can take super heated plasma to the chest? And I'll repeat again, unless anyone thinks robocop could physically Dominate grown Aliens I don't see how he has any chance against the predator hand to hand, and doesn't robocop still have his human brain and lungs? Also I remember from the original Robocop films that his movement was very clunky, I hope they have addressed that because if the new one is similar I like his chances even less.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Erik

A plasma caster is going to go right through the .50 caliber limit armor.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By those_eyes

A hammering from what exactly? gunfire? anything that makes you think he can take super heated plasma to the chest? And I'll repeat again, unless anyone thinks robocop could physically Dominate grown Aliens I don't see how he has any chance against the predator hand to hand, and doesn't robocop still have his human brain and lungs? Also I remember from the original Robocop films that his movement was very clunky, I hope they have addressed that because if the new one is similar I like his chances even less.

he is way more agile and effecient than the 80's version.

Loading Video...

But I think you are correct about him not being able to tank that blaster the predator has. Robocop will have to try to speed blitz or outsmart the predator somehow.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

Predator

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I have to say the new Robocop is pretty fast and sleek, would help in hand to hand, but Predator is still just way too much for Robocop in my opinion, he just doesn't have the durability to stop predator technology, plasma caster aside don't Predator blades cut through steel like butter?. Although there are a few unanswered questions that could strengthen the case for Robocop, for example could he detect the predator while the cloak is active? and what kind of armament does he use, it looks like a handgun but I'm guessing it must be a higher caliber than what most humans would use?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#16 frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

This. Unless it's comicbook Robocop, who had nonsensical feats.

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@erik said:

not this. the big robots in the video posted above shoot .5 caliber rounds and at one point 3 of them are emptying clip after clip into him and he doesn't even come close to death. the only problems he had after that "hammering" was his processors were malfunctioning a little bit every now and then. other than that + some nasty blemishes he was pretty much fine. and for the H2H he could just simulate the entire fight before it happens while the predator will just go at it, same goes for round 1.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

You specify which version of RoboCop, but not which Predator is being used. That's kind of important!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@erik said:

not this. the big robots in the video posted above shoot .5 caliber rounds and at one point 3 of them are emptying clip after clip into him and he doesn't even come close to death. the only problems he had after that "hammering" was his processors were malfunctioning a little bit every now and then. other than that + some nasty blemishes he was pretty much fine. and for the H2H he could just simulate the entire fight before it happens while the predator will just go at it, same goes for round 1.

He was not fine. The ED-209s didn't empty clip after clip into him, it emptied clip after clip into another ED-209 that Robocop was using as cover. He dodged just about all of the fire by using the ED-209 as cover. When he finally did get hit because he was FORCED to flee, it put him down and he was reduced to dragging himself out of combat only after someone stepped in the life of fire to save his life. Besides, if .50 Caliber rounds weren't enough for him, then that means the guys who made him lied. And he wouldn't have been able to shoot his own arm off.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#20 frozen  Moderator

If you want to make it fairer for Robocop, I suggest the Super-Predators or perhaps the Classic. An Elder or AvP version would stomp.

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@flashgreatersigneveryone said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

He was not fine. The ED-209s didn't empty clip after clip into him, it emptied clip after clip into another ED-209 that Robocop was using as cover. He dodged just about all of the fire by using the ED-209 as cover. When he finally did get hit because he was FORCED to flee, it put him down and he was reduced to dragging himself out of combat only after someone stepped in the life of fire to save his life. Besides, if .50 Caliber rounds weren't enough for him, then that means the guys who made him lied. And he wouldn't have been able to shoot his own arm off.

after he fell over (for dramatic effect..) he got up and was fine, maybe his arms aren't that durable but his back and chest sure are. he isn't going down to one plasma cannon shot. IF that even hits him in the movie he dodged bullets when the AI took over, he has better reaction time feats than any of the predator movies i have seen have shown.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik

after he fell over (for dramatic effect..) he got up and was fine, maybe his arms aren't that durable but his back and chest sure are. he isn't going down to one plasma cannon shot. IF that even hits him in the movie he dodged bullets when the AI took over, he has better reaction time feats than any of the predator movies i have seen have shown.

• Yeah lol. For dramatic effect...
  • He was unable to run from that point forward and was unable to walk efficiently. Not fine.
  • Delicate circuitry was exposed and damaged. Not fine.
  • Delicate organic parts were damaged and exposed. Not fine.
  • Bullet timing is not bullet dodging.
  • I think you are confusing "was still functional" with "fine".
  • I don't think you know how powerful the Yautja weapons are.
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

• He was unable to run from that point forward and was unable to walk efficiently. Not fine.

he could run, i do know how strong their weapons are, no organs were damaged and i don't think you know how tough alex's armor was in that movie

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I have to say the new Robocop is pretty fast and sleek, would help in hand to hand, but Predator is still just way too much for Robocop in my opinion, he just doesn't have the durability to stop predator technology, plasma caster aside don't Predator blades cut through steel like butter?. Although there are a few unanswered questions that could strengthen the case for Robocop, for example could he detect the predator while the cloak is active? and what kind of armament does he use, it looks like a handgun but I'm guessing it must be a higher caliber than what most humans would use?

Robocop has terminator vision but at a higher efficiency imo. In this clip he determines 54 different threat in less than 3 seconds it usually takes terminator 3 seconds to determine if 1 or 2 people are a threat or not. Also if I'm not mistaken he could see through walls.

Loading Video...

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By movieartman

@k4tzm4n said:

You specify which version of RoboCop, but not which Predator is being used. That's kind of important!

he specified the original preds, so ether the ones from predator or predator 2

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

he specified the original preds, so ether the ones from predator or predator 2

Ah, maybe I missed that or it was recently edited in? By "classic" it's safe to assume they mean the one in the first.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik

@erik said:

he could run, i do know how strong their weapons are, no organs were damaged and i don't think you know how tough alex's armor was in that movie

• He could? Then why didn't he?
  • No you don't, else we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
  • No organs were damaged because he only had his lungs, heart, and brain. Interestingly enough, those areas were no hit. Note the hole in the shoulder just missing the mark on the lungs and a busted visor that seems to not hold up very well to .50 caliber.
Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

predator

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@erik said:

• He could? Then why didn't he?
  • No you don't, else we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
  • No organs were damaged because he only had his lungs, heart, and brain. Interestingly enough, those areas were no hit. Note the hole in the shoulder just missing the mark on the lungs and a busted visor that seems to not hold up very well to .50 caliber.

-_- regardless of the fact that he survived a constant battering by the 209s (something no predator can do with standard equips to my knowledge) please sway my opinion on the matter. how do the predators win versus someone who can predict their movements, react faster, and go through possible outcomes before the fight starts

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

The Yautja from the first Predator film was unblooded if I'm not mistaken.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Robo is faster. Yautja can evade bullets, outpace speeding sports cars, literally rip bodies in half, leap more than 20ft in the air, and have weapons capable of dropping an attack chopper in one shot. Not to mention it can scan and fully understand all of Robo's tech within a few moments and find every weakness he possesses.

Nvm that Yautja are also incredibly heat resistant, their skin is tough enough to withstand small arms fire with ease and their armor is tougher than any earthly metal and the only thing we see damaging it is Xenomorph acid blood, nuclear arms or other plasma weapons.

So, Robo goes against ED-209's. So what? Yautja contend with numerous alien life forms across the entire galaxy. For Fun. Including the xenomorphs, and even Dinosaurs. This has included intelligent lifeforms, like Humans, as well as Cyborgs and of course Synthetics. And not just Civilian types, but Combat models as well.

Not to mention masters of stealth. Their armor mesh acts as a temperature control system and masks their own body heat from detection. To be perfectly honest, Murphy ain't makin battle predictions with Zero Data on what he's up against. And everything would be against him.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik

-_- regardless of the fact that he survived a constant battering by the 209s (something no predator can do with standard equips to my knowledge) please sway my opinion on the matter. how do the predators win versus someone who can predict their movements, react faster, and go through possible outcomes before the fight starts

Yeah he wasn't constantly battered. He was shot a few times. You can see every time he was hit as it nearly knocked him over every time. Again, he was only hit a few times. And I never said a Yautja has skin as hard as Robocop's armor, so I don't have to even attempt to sway your opinion on the matter. How you even came to the conclusion that this was my argument in the first place is seriously blowing my mind right now.

Robocop's computer isn't able to really predict movements. He is given large amounts of data and his computer runs real-time simulations based on this information and are constantly updated. He doesn't know where they will be so much as knowing exactly where they are.

He reacts faster than a human. That does not mean he reacts faster than a Yautja.

His computer is only able to analyze possible outcomes when it has useful data. You aren't getting any of that with an alien lifeform. I think you are massively overestimating Robocop. I can see that you were suitably impressed by the movie but please, don't fanwank.

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

Yeah he wasn't constantly battered. He was shot a few times. You can see every time he was hit as it nearly knocked him over every time. Again, he was only hit a few times. And I never said a Yautja has skin as hard as Robocop's armor, so I don't have to even attempt to sway your opinion on the matter. How you even came to the conclusion that this was my argument in the first place is seriously blowing my mind right now.

Robocop's computer isn't able to really predict movements. He is given large amounts of data and his computer runs real-time simulations based on this information and are constantly updated. He doesn't know where they will be so much as knowing exactly where they are.

He reacts faster than a human. That does not mean he reacts faster than a Yautja.

His computer is only able to analyze possible outcomes when it has useful data. You aren't getting any of that with an alien lifeform. I think you are massively overestimating Robocop. I can see that you were suitably impressed by the movie but please, don't fanwank.

he in fact did get a battering by the .5 cal rounds the red dots were clearly aimed at his back and you're trying to low-ball his armor. he was being shot at for QUITE a while when and before he fell over. and when did i say your argument was Yautja skin vs Robocop armor. please don't assume things my argument is Robocop's computer vs Yautja brains which is faster because that is what will decide the outcome of the fight. and so far. the computer has better feats, i also don't know where you got the impression that the computer needs to be fed data. in the movie the computer collected the data just by him looking around, and that's exactly what it will do before the fight. collect data. this mini prep time that he will receive just by giving the predator a dirty look will in my opinion give him an edge, that as well as the fact that Alex has better reaction time, sufficient enough armor for when he does get hit by something (i doubt he will due to his reaction time... prove me wrong) and for the sheer fact that since he is a machine he wont get tired which could prove useful in round 2 and round 3

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

he in fact did get a battering by the .5 cal rounds the red dots were clearly aimed at his back and you're trying to low-ball his armor. he was being shot at for QUITE a while when and before he fell over. and when did i say your argument was Yautja skin vs Robocop armor. please don't assume things my argument is Robocop's computer vs Yautja brains which is faster because that is what will decide the outcome of the fight. and so far. the computer has better feats, i also don't know where you got the impression that the computer needs to be fed data. in the movie the computer collected the data just by him looking around, and that's exactly what it will do before the fight. collect data. this mini prep time that he will receive just by giving the predator a dirty look will in my opinion give him an edge, that as well as the fact that Alex has better reaction time, sufficient enough armor for when he does get hit by something (i doubt he will due to his reaction time... prove me wrong) and for the sheer fact that since he is a machine he wont get tired which could prove useful in round 2 and round 3

• Soooooooo... the only argument you have is a lot of overestimating/fanwanking of Robocop and gross underestimation of the Yautja? Cool.
  • I'm not lowballing Robocop's armor. They were very explicit in the movie. Several times it is noted that .50 Caliber and above will tear his armor up and that is exactly what we saw.
  • A few seconds is quite a while now? You have an odd understanding of time.
  • I'm not assuming anything. Read your own argument. That was all one thought you had. I can't help it if you pound out your ideas in one jumped mess. Make your posts more clear.
  • Robocop has a high body count, so does any blooded Yaujta. Probably several times more than Robocop. You don't seem to know a whole lot about the Predator franchise. Let me guess, limited to movie knowledge, no?
  • Uhh.... I think you need to watch the movie again. To say that the computer doesn't need to be fed data is not only wrong, it's a statement that shows a complete lack of understanding of what you saw when going to the movies. Did you sleep your way through the movie?
  • How is not getting tired going to help him in round 2? Robocop does need regular maintenance. He doesn't have infinite energy and required constant medical care. I don't think you really knew what you were watching. You have to pay attention to more than just the flashing muzzle barrels and confident poses.
Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Devil_Driver

The way I see it is, if Robocop can see predators cloaked, and he uses the best weapon at his disposal the battle rifle with a 30 round magazine of .50 he will shred the Predator every single time, his processing and reflexes will be too much for the Predator. If on the other hand he is oblivious to the cloaking a plasma shot or two ends it quickly, and in the hand to hand round I feel like if Predator has his wrist claws he will cut right through Robocop since the blades have been shown to pierce most things, if no blades maybe to close to call.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By those_eyes

The way I see it is, if Robocop can see predators cloaked, and he uses the best weapon at his disposal the battle rifle with a 30 round magazine of .50 he will shred the Predator every single time, his processing and reflexes will be too much for the Predator. If on the other hand he is oblivious to the cloaking a plasma shot or two ends it quickly, and in the hand to hand round I feel like if Predator has his wrist claws he will cut right through Robocop since the blades have been shown to pierce most things, if no blades maybe to close to call.

I think he will see the predator. I mean he had terminator vision on crack. His site is on par with predators helmets vision imo ....... if not better .

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@erik said:

• Soooooooo... the only argument you have is a lot of overestimating/fanwanking of Robocop and gross underestimation of the Yautja? Cool.
  • I'm not lowballing Robocop's armor. They were very explicit in the movie. Several times it is noted that .50 Caliber and above will tear his armor up and that is exactly what we saw.
  • A few seconds is quite a while now? You have an odd understanding of time.
  • I'm not assuming anything. Read your own argument. That was all one thought you had. I can't help it if you pound out your ideas in one jumped mess. Make your posts more clear.
  • Robocop has a high body count, so does any blooded Yaujta. Probably several times more than Robocop. You don't seem to know a whole lot about the Predator franchise. Let me guess, limited to movie knowledge, no?
  • Uhh.... I think you need to watch the movie again. To say that the computer doesn't need to be fed data is not only wrong, it's a statement that shows a complete lack of understanding of what you saw when going to the movies. Did you sleep your way through the movie?
  • How is not getting tired going to help him in round 2? Robocop does need regular maintenance. He doesn't have infinite energy and required constant medical care. I don't think you really knew what you were watching. You have to pay attention to more than just the flashing muzzle barrels and confident poses.

soooooo, your argument seems to be just insisting that i don't know anything am i right? you're one of those. "do you even know anything about X" you haven't really posted anything besides "you know nothing about predator, i know everything so don't try and say i don't" and "stop fanwanking cuz i know everything about robocop"

let me make it clear. post something that has something to do with Robocop vs predator NOT me vs you. idc what you THINK you know or how much you THINK you know okay?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By leonkarlen123

Round 1 Predator, Robocop is better with prep time.

Round 2 In the city Robocop rules.

Round 3 H2H is an easy one for Predator since he has claws/strength/speed on him

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't a simple blast from the Predator's Plasma Caster be sufficient enough to win Round 1 and 2. I don't know who is capable of winning Round 3 because I haven't seen RoboCop yet.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soooooo, your argument seems to be just insisting that i don't know anything am i right? you're one of those. "do you even know anything about X" you haven't really posted anything besides "you know nothing about predator, i know everything so don't try and say i don't" and "stop fanwanking cuz i know everything about robocop"

let me make it clear. post something that has something to do with Robocop vs predator NOT me vs you. idc what you THINK you know or how much you THINK you know okay?

I think that you do a fine job of making that argument for me, thank you by the way. You are literally making the claim that Robocop can withstand what was said and shown on multiple occasions that he could not withstand. You are also making the claim that his battle computer makes him a proverbial Midnighter. I mean, it'd be funny if it weren't so gosh-darn sad.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By jwalser3

@leonkarlen123: New Robocop ripped the head off of one of those practice droits pretty easily.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@leonkarlen123: New Robocop ripped the head off of one of those practice droits pretty easily.

Yea but droids are easier to rip apart then humans actually. I would put Robocop 1 ton max and Predator about 5 ton

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jwalser3
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robocop

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Did you read the part were it says mutated to optimize defensive strength? Even if it is weaker, the metal is still way stronger than steel.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Predator isn't jobbing he stomps all rounds. Arnie and Glover won because the Predators were toying around with them.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Predator easy

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said: