Just wondering

KraytRawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By KraytRawk

Dredd, easily. Mobility is the key here.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By agentxx

Robocop.

Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mattersuit

Dredd has the higher versatility given ammo selector, and better mobility.

Robocop holds the durability edge and the strategic computer brain certainly boosts his chances here.

Dredd is likely to notice standard rounds don't work and then go straight for Hi-Ex. If he stays out of Robo's line of fire long enough to do this, he should win.

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By goodguy24

@agentxx said:

Robocop.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm going to assume this is modern movie Dredd vs classic movie Robocop.  If that's the case, Dredd should win.  High explosive and armor piercing rounds should suffice -- especially after he quickly discovers regular bullets won't do the trick.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@k4tzm4n said:

I'm going to assume this is modern movie Dredd vs classic movie Robocop. If that's the case, Dredd should win. High explosive and armor piercing rounds should suffice -- especially after he quickly discovers regular bullets won't do the trick.

How about Comic/Book versions? RoboCop is a lot more mobile in the comics.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Beats me, haven't read the comics for either.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Hah, I almost forgot ol' crazy Frank originally wrote Robocop.

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By goodguy24

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I'm going to assume this is modern movie Dredd vs classic movie Robocop. If that's the case, Dredd should win. High explosive and armor piercing rounds should suffice -- especially after he quickly discovers regular bullets won't do the trick.

Come on now those Robocop vs Terminator comics are not canon. Those are cross overs. Frank Miller wrote that Comic so no wonder Robocop beat The Terminator.

Now if James Cameron wrote a Robocop vs Terminator battle, it would of been a whole different story.

agentxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agentxx

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Come on now those Robocop vs Terminator comics are not canon. Those are cross overs. Frank Miller wrote that Comic so no wonder Robocop beat The Terminator.

Now if James Cameron wrote a Robocop vs Terminator battle, it would of been a whole different story.

Wanna team up and give a list of reasons why a terminator stomps robocop?

:]

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By goodguy24

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

lol not here no. We'd have to bump an RC vs T-800 thread to do that. This debates not about Terminator so we cant get into it..lol

I was just pointing out thats a cross over which is non canon so that comic of Robocop beating Terminator is illogic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

lol not here no. We'd have to bump an RC vs T-800 thread to do that. This debates not about Terminator so we cant get into it..lol

I was just pointing out thats a cross over which is non canon so that comic of Robocop beating Terminator is illogic.

1. I never said that RoboCop would defeat Terminator.
  2. I only stated that RoboCop was more mobile, and didn't walk everywhere in a slow pace like the Movie Version did.
  3. RoboCop could actually win against the very old version of the Terminator's.
goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By goodguy24

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

RoboCop could actually win against the very old version of the Terminator's

Not really, but it depends which Model Robocops fighting. I made a Robocop vs T-600 thread and people think the T-600 could take him out.... Course the T-600's overpowered with a minigun, but even without a mini gun the T-600 should take him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Not really, but it depends which Model Robocops fighting. I made a Robocop vs T-600 thread and people think the T-600 could take him out.... Course the T-600's overpowered with a minigun, but even without a mini gun the T-600 should take him.

If a human can take one canon fodder, old Terminator, I think RoboCop could take down at least one.

But that's not the point. This is Judge Dredd vs RoboCop :P

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By goodguy24

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

If a human can take one canon fodder, old Terminator, I think RoboCop could take down at least one.

Yeah and I think if a T-800 could take out the T-1000, He would smash Robocop into Junk easily.

However, Robocop does beat Dredd here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Yeah and I think if a T-800 could take out the T-1000, He would smash Robocop into Junk easily.

However, Robocop does beat Dredd hre.

IIRC, that was PIS, and even if it wasn't Arnie only won because of the convenient lava/molten steel.

And I think it could go either way.

RoboCop has a durability advantage, while Dredd has a mobility advantage. If this is Movie Versions with standard equipment, then RoboCop wins. (but Dredd still has a chance via mouthshot)

Movie Versions with prep and I think Dredd has a better chance to win, but it could still go either way. (RoboCop has robot analyzer)

Comic Versions I'm not so sure about.

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By goodguy24

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

IIRC, that was PIS, and even if it wasn't Arnie only won because of the convenient lava/molten steel.

RoboCop has a durability advantage, while Dredd has a mobility advantage. If this is Movie Versions with standard equipment, then RoboCop wins. (but Dredd still has a chance via mouthshot)

Movie Versions with prep and I think Dredd has a better chance to win, but it could still go either way. (RoboCop has robot analyzer)

Arnie only won cause of the moltein steel? Yes, but the Human only beat the older T-800 because of a hydrolic press. So your argument of humans taking out a regular Terminator was just as good or stupid as my argument of a regular Terminator taking out one of the newer models.

Robocops very slow, alot slower than Terminator's ( Any Model ) Also Robocop got takin out by multiple pistol rounds in Robocop 1 to wheres Terminator in Terminator 1 went into a police station and took multiple rounds from pistol rounds, shotguns and assault rifles, he got hit with much bigger fire arms than what has damaged Robocop... I like Robocop, hes alright dont get me wrong, but hes no where near the durability of a T-800..... Robocop just has a harder time withstanding fire arms unlike The Terminator who takes out multiple cops in a police station and walks out on foot.

Movie versions go to Robocop anyways. For this fight between him and Dredd.

Comics still go to Robocop because in the Comics Robocop was even more durable than he was in the movies. So I dont see Dredd beating either Robocop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Arnie only won cause of the moltein steel? Yes, but the Human only beat the older T-800 because of a hydrolic press. So your argument of humans taking out a regular Terminator was just as good or stupid as my argument of a regular Terminator taking out one of the newer models.

Robocops very slow, alot slower than Terminator's ( Any Model ) Also Robocop got takin out by multiple pistol rounds in Robocop 1 to wheres Terminator in Terminator 1 went into a police station and took multiple rounds from pistol rounds, shotguns and assault rifles, he got hit with much bigger fire arms than what has damaged Robocop... I like Robocop, hes alright dont get me wrong, but hes no where near the durability of a T-800..... Robocop just has a harder time withstanding fire arms unlike The Terminator who takes out multiple cops in a police station and walks out on foot.

Movie versions go to Robocop anyways.

Comics still go to Robocop because in the Comics Robocop was even more durable than he was in the movies. So I dont see Dredd beating either Robocop.

I didn't say anything about T-800 Durability being bad, I was just saying that a T-800 beating a T-1000 was PIS.

I agree with everything in the bolded though.

As for Comics, I meant that because I know nothing about Judge Dredd's Comic Book feats.

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By goodguy24

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@goodguy24 said:

@agentxx said:

@goodguy24 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Movie versions go to Robocop anyways.

I didn't say anything about T-800 Durability being bad, I was just saying that a T-800 beating a T-1000 was PIS.

I agree with everything in the bolded though.

As for Comics, I meant that because I know nothing about Judge Dredd's Comic Book feats.

Ok a T-800 Taking out a T-1000 might of been PIS to you, but the T-800 did have help beating him. Same goes to your argument of a human taking out a Terminator. Those human typicals had alot of help as well beating Arnold. I could also say that a human beating Arnolds Terminator is PIS!

Moving on, I'm not much of an expert of Dredd either, I've only seen bits and pieces of his movie, I need to watch it though, but based on what i've seen Robocops got more protection armor around him, but then again if Dredd shot Robocop in the face, he might hurt him.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

Was Judge Dredd a good movie?

JohnoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JohnoftheDead

@jeanroygrant: I enjoyed it. If you like action movies, then you should definately go see it.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredd has multiple types of ammo on his Lawgiver im sure, one of them will have grenades or rockets so he should be fine.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IZZR

Mobility really is the deciding factor here...in the Robocop vs Terminator comics Robocop did pretty well but that was against an opponent with similar deficiancy.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeanroygrant

@JohnoftheDeadsaid:

@jeanroygrant: I enjoyed it. If you like action movies, then you should definately go see it.

Probably.

team_wade101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By team_wade101

Dredd, he's way faster and more agile. He also has a sweet ride.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By turoksonofstone

Dredd. Spite thread.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Inphase

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Hyperlight

@Mattersuit said:

Dredd has the higher versatility given ammo selector, and better mobility.

Robocop holds the durability edge and the strategic computer brain certainly boosts his chances here.

Dredd is likely to notice standard rounds don't work and then go straight for Hi-Ex. If he stays out of Robo's line of fire long enough to do this, he should win.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Comic versions, Dredd stomps.

Movie versions, Dredd stomps (assuming it is the 2012 version).

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt Robocop fly in the third film? I fail to see how that gives him the mobility disadvantage.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ComicStooge

Didnt Robocop fly in the third film? I fail to see how that gives him the mobility disadvantage.

Dredd has heat seekers:

No Caption Provided

And has better reflexes/reaction time compared to Robocop.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredd

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I'm aware he has heatseekers. I was just addressing the 'Dredd is more mobile' comment from earlier.

Robocop is like Rorschach. They will lose against anybody.....except from maybe Snarf and Cringer.

It makes me want to start a Snarf & Robocop Vs Cringer & Rorscach thread....

ComeOutAndPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RC Wins.

raythelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Robocop.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murphy ftw

HE NEVER RELOADS IN THE MOVIE!!

He kills everyone using one clip lol!

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

robcop he is stronger faster and more durable.

JudgeNeptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JudgeNeptune

Big fan of Judge Dredd, But I always try to be objective .... but this can go either way, I think that we need more information... like the battlefield, weather conditions and the distance.... I can not tell you who wins without having information about those factors

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By silent_bomber

Comic versions, Dredd stomps.

Movie versions, Dredd stomps (assuming it is the 2012 version).

^This

Robocop's durability is meaningless here. Armour Piercing will one shot him regardless, it easily goes through waay better armour than what Robocop has, and Dredd has superhuman level reaction speeds and very high accuracy.

Dredd has also used jetpacks in the past too.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pokergeist

@k4tzm4n said:

Old post, but I read the recent Robocop vs Terminator: Kill Human from Dynamite comics. It was GOD AWFUL! Robocop beats not only T-800 but T-1000 and kills John Conner and Sarah Conner!

WTF!

With that said, Dread wins.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComicStooge

robcop he is stronger faster and more durable.

He's NOT faster. Dredd has armour piercing and explosive rounds that would wreck Murphy.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@comic_book_fan: how many bullets has he dodged? how many rockets? heat seekers? his armor is only good for close range with dredd, dredd has the powerful weapon that can blow holes in his armor

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wolfrazer

@cadencev2: Wait...why did he kill John/Sarah? Did they think he was a Terminator or something? Or did he just straight up kill em?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jwwprod

I'm going with Dredd.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa:

he can catch up with cars on foot and he don't usually have to dodge bullets.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@comic_book_fan: because the bullets he usually encounters are normal ones, not the future tech

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By patrat18

Dredd.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it really comes down to where they are fighting honestly.