#1 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

How would Buffy fare in a fight against Robocop, no weapons?

Buffy begins at 3rd base; Robocop starts in right field. 25,000 fans are in the crowd rooting for the combatants.

Morals off for both. Fight to KO or death.

#2 Posted by MasterJohn (2664 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna give it to Buffy. I think she's fast enough to evade an assault from Murphy and has the strength to damage his body. In the films Robocop was taken apart by mobsters using basic blowtorches and other tools. A girl who was born to kill monsters and wiches should have no problem. She has trained with the initative, a group of monster hunting comandos. This should give her some insight on how a tactical machine trained in military style combat might think. This would be interesting if it were Robocop's comic version, whom seemed alot faster. Either way I give it to the blonde. Too fast, just as trained, possibly stronger. Possibly.

I'd also like to point out that Buffy has fought Androids and Cyborgs before. Though (Adam) proved to be a bit too beyond her pay grade at the time. Means nothing now. She's advanced far beyond her capabilities at that time. Hell she leads an army.

#4 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Robocop easily tears Buffy apart.

H2H Buffy might be faster, but what can she do to Robocop? RC has stopped a Semi before and pushed it away.... I'd love to know what in the hell Buffy is gonna do..... RC Will just let her lay the hits and she will break her fragile arm and RC Will just laugh at her and then rip her head off.

Robocop wins easily.

#5 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy has thrown blows that have hurt Gods. Gods that were capable of crushing Robocop. Iillriya completly crushed a car with the head members of the Black Thorn inside like it was nothing. She and Buffy have never fought to my knowledge but I'm sure Gloria was just as strong. Buffy is just as skilled, and has killed Giants and Gods. Robocop has been taken apart by basic welding tools. Buffy has ripped phones out of walls, punched Gods hard enough to hurt them, fought werewolves h2h, vampires. She has knocked grown men through the air. She is strong enough to wreck his visor. And I'm sure she could eventually punch threw his chest plate.

#6 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy may have beat Adam which is A Robot Demon and Gods, but she had help. She always needed help of her friends to beat powerful enemies. With help of her friends of course she will win, but without help she doesnt stand a chance.

Robocop 8/10

#7 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5571 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about Robocop, but Buffy is a very strong woman to say the least.

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Buffy has thrown blows that have hurt Gods. Gods that were capable of crushing Robocop. Iillriya completly crushed a car with the head members of the Black Thorn inside like it was nothing. She and Buffy have never fought to my knowledge but I'm sure Gloria was just as strong. Buffy is just as skilled, and has killed Giants and Gods. Robocop has been taken apart by basic welding tools. Buffy has ripped phones out of walls, punched Gods hard enough to hurt them, fought werewolves h2h, vampires. She has knocked grown men through the air. She is strong enough to wreck his visor. And I'm sure she could eventually punch threw his chest plate.

Buffy on her own never physically injured Glory, she needed the hammer or Willow to hurt Glory, and the end of the battle it left Glory in her human form and wounded, Giles was the one that killed Ben. Buffy could hold her own by herself, but she wasn't dishing out major damage.

#8 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: Ty

As I Said Buffy always needed help to take out powerful enemies.

#9 Posted by randumo24 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, full powered Illyria stomps them both effortlessly.

#10 Edited by Picard (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, goody another Buffy thread - because there was not enough flame war over her lately... Let me break this to you guys: Buffy can't hurt Robocop with her punches and kicks - Robocop's body is made of alloy of titanium and kevlar, bullets bounce off him and he don't even feel it, he is basically small, walking tank . Only way she could win is to: 1) destroy Murphy's brain - and it is also well protected by helmet, 2) find some kind of stabbing weapon - and she is not allowed to do that, since this is unarmed combat. So unless she can find some way to remove Murphy's helmet she can't win. On the other hand Robo is to slow to even touch her. I can list all her speed feats but why bother? If we are talking about movie version of Robocop then he is a lot slower than average human and Buffy's reflexes are much better than this - taking into account that she can catch arrow at point blank she is roughly five times faster than any human can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3ScDgwGoTw

So no, goodguy24 Robo will not remove her head because he will not touch her. Also I don't think that he is strong enough to do this. This is either stalemate, or Buffy will eventually fall from exhaustion. ;) Weird fight...

#11 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: If she gets close enough to RC he could hurt her badley.... RC can be pretty strong, hes pushed a semi back, hes bent inch thick steel doors with one hand, fell off a skyscraper with no damage, catched a bullet in Robocop 3 and he lifted the front of a car over his head with one hand in Robocop the series... No offence, but you need to watch more Robocop because Robocop can be pretty damn strong and fast.

#12 Posted by BeaverSauce (465 posts) - - Show Bio

robocop wins via force choke

#13 Posted by Picard (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard: If she gets close enough to RC he could hurt her badley.... RC can be pretty strong, hes pushed a semi back, hes bent inch thick steel doors with one hand, fell off a skyscraper with no damage, catched a bullet in Robocop 3 and he lifted the front of a car over his head with one hand in Robocop the series... No offence, but you need to watch more Robocop because Robocop can be pretty damn strong and fast.

Please don't lecture me about Robocop - I was growning up with Robocop movies and TV series. Strong? Yes. If you take TV series into account he is possible stronger than her. This doesn't change the fact that she took hits from people stronger than him and she was not knocked out. Fast? No. Bullet scene is his one and only speed feat, and it is inconsistent with his usual robotic movement. Good luck with catching her when you move like well... like robot. :) Durability was never in question: I already said that she can't hurt him because he is basically small tank on two legs. But he can't dream of catching her, never in a million years. So it is stalemate

#14 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

Please don't lecture me about Robocop - I was growning up with Robocop movies and TV series. Strong? Yes. If you take TV series into account he is possible stronger than her. This doesn't change the fact that she took hits from people stronger than him and she was not knocked out. Fast? No. Bullet scene is his one and only speed feat, and it is inconsistent with his usual robotic movement. Good luck with catching her when you move like well... like robot. :) Durability was never in question: I already said that she can't hurt him because he is basically small tank on two legs. But he can't dream of catching her, never in a million years. So it is stalemate

Ok very good point. He wouldnt have to catch her though, see if Buffy got near RC then it could be dangerous, then he could grab her.... Not saying he could run after her and catch her lol... no So once she got near him and hit him, she would break her wrist and if she kicked him she'd break her legs and then she couldnt run from him.

RC Stomps.

#15 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree now that this maybe a draw. Neither will be able to hurt the other. Buffy too fast and Murphy is too durable. She'd need some form of weaponry to end it.

#16 Posted by kcaz (1391 posts) - - Show Bio
@Guardiandevil83 said:

I agree now that this maybe a draw. Neither will be able to hurt the other. Buffy too fast and Murphy is too durable. She'd need some form of weaponry to end it.

but robocop has quick reflexes. he was able to catch a bullet with 2 fingers
#17 Posted by kcaz (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

robocop stomps. he is far more durable and far stronger. he may not have buffy's speed, but he has quick reflexes due to his scanners. he was able to catch a bullet with 2 fingers.

#18 Posted by YoungJustice (7289 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no Buffy thread without

#19 Posted by Tanner_The_Red (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy, only if she had the scoobs to back her up. 
Which she doesn't here.
So Robocop.

#20 Posted by Picard (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

Ok very good point. He wouldnt have to catch her though, see if Buffy got near RC then it could be dangerous, then he could grab her.... Not saying he could run after her and catch her lol... no So once she got near him and hit him, she would break her wrist and if she kicked him she'd break her legs and then she couldnt run from him.

RC Stomps.

No, because 1) he is still to slow for her, she colud dodge any RC attack because she have enhanced reflexes- she was dodging lightning, catching crossbow bolts at point blank, keeping pace with speeding bus etc. - and RC usually move slower than average man. Remember those android samurai from RC3? Murphy couldn't touch them because they were to fast for him. 2) He can't just break her bones because people stronger than RC couldn't do that: Glory, Twilight etc.

@kcaz said:

robocop stomps. he is far more durable and far stronger. he may not have buffy's speed, but he has quick reflexes due to his scanners. he was able to catch a bullet with 2 fingers.

He did it once, so I don't think it is valid. Also in this same movie RC was owned by android samurai because android was to fast for him. Think about Buffy instead of samurai and you will know if RC could touch Buffy. Also she could just stay out of his range - this fight remind me scenes in Life of brian when two gladiators "fought" each other and one of them, was constantly running away from his opponent, he was running in circles, until his enemy fell from exhaustion. ;) It is either stalemate or one of them will be too exhausted to fight. ;)

#21 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (753 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Robocop could beat up one of those weak gods if buffy can.

#22 Edited by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

RC Stomps.

No, because 1) he is still to slow for her, she colud dodge any RC attack because she have enhanced reflexes- she was dodging lightning, catching crossbow bolts at point blank, keeping pace with speeding bus etc. - and RC usually move slower than average man. Remember those android samurai from RC3? Murphy couldn't touch them because they were to fast for him. 2) He can't just break her bones because people stronger than RC couldn't do that: Glory, Twilight etc.

1. RC is not to slow. He is actually faster than a speeding Bullet as we talked about.

2. Ok Buffy can dodge his hits, but if he could grab ahold of her, he could rip her apart. Buffy is not a supernatural being, shes just a skinny tiny girl whos good at slaying vampires, not Robots. Thats why shes called " The Vampire Slayer " and not " The Robot Slayer " and she might of beaten a more deadly Robot like Adman and Gods, but she had help. Everytime shes faught a powerful enemy she had help... Yes it could happen, regardless of how good of an h2h fighter you are, even Bruce Lee himself you will get hit in a fight regardless of how good you are. So Robocop pulling her apart could happen. Robocops lifted a car over his head, busted through steel doors with ease... Buffy never showed to have the strength feat RC Has. RC with just the tip of his thumb would crush her brains out of her eyeballs.

3. RC Couldnt catch a Samurai? So what? Thats different than catching a stupid teenage girl..... Glory and Twilight never proved to be the strength of RC..... RC has shown that he could lift a semi truck and throw it... No hes not done it, but his strength feats that we talked about is proof he could.

#23 Posted by Picard (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

No because he is too slow and heve no h2h skills to to speak of. Also he wold need a some enchanted weapon to that.

#24 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

No because he is too slow and heve no h2h skills to to speak of. Also he wold need a some enchanted weapon to that.

In season 6 Buffy got shot in the chest.... RC Has fell off of skyscrapers and tanked Grenade blast.... Thats bs Buffy is more durable than him if you think that. Not to mention he shot a gun off 10 times or so before the bullets hit the ground in Robocop 3..... In Robocop 2 he got ran over by a truck and was hardley damaged..... Buffy never went through the sevior damage RC did and what RC has withstood.

#25 Posted by Picard (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

RC Stomps.

1. RC is not to slow. He is actually faster than a speeding Bullet as we talked about.

2. Ok Buffy can dodge his hits, but if he could grab ahold of her, he could rip her apart. Buffy is not a supernatural being, shes just a skinny tiny girl whos good at slaying vampires, not Robots. Thats why shes called " The Vampire Slayer " and not " The Robot Slayer " and she might of beaten a more deadly Robot like Adman and Gods, but she had help. Everytime shes faught a powerful enemy she had help... Yes it could happen, regardless of how good of an h2h fighter you are, even Bruce Lee himself you will get hit in a fight regardless of how good you are. So Robocop pulling her apart could happen. Robocops lifted a car over his head, busted through steel doors with ease... Buffy never showed to have the strength feat RC Has. RC with just the tip of his thumb would crush her brains out of her eyeballs.

3. RC Couldnt catch a Samurai? So what? Thats different than catching a stupid teenage girl..... Glory and Twilight never proved to be the strength of RC..... RC has shown that he could lift a semi truck and throw it... No hes not done it, but his strength feats that we talked about is proof he could.

1. He is not. There was only one instance when he caught a bullet, any other time he was moving slower than normal human bean. Also look what happened when he fought robo-samurai, it was to fast for him. Buffy also would be.

2. Oh, my, you don't know much about her, do you? She is not just some small, skinny girl, she is vampire Slayer = girl with supernatural powers like: superstrength, enhanced durability, enhanced speed and reflexes etc. And I already proven that she took hits from people stronger than RC - Glory, Twilight etc. So, no RC will not rip her apart because she: 1) have durability to withstand his attacks, 2) she is simply too fast for him. Hell, all she need to do is to run away from him - I bet that even regular guy like Xander Harris could outrun RC on foot. :)

3) Again you don't know much about her. She can be quite smart and resourceful when she want to. Also this girl have better showings that those samurai: dodging bullets, lightning bolts, keeping pace with speeding bus etc. Show me those samurai doing those things. Also show me when RC collapsed ceiling with foot stomp?

#26 Posted by Picard (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

In season 6 Buffy got shot in the chest.... RC Has fell off of skyscrapers and tanked Grenade blast.... Thats bs Buffy is more durable than him if you think that. Not to mention he shot a gun off 10 times or so before the bullets hit the ground in Robocop 3..... In Robocop 2 he got ran over by a truck and was hardley damaged..... Buffy never went through the sevior damage RC did and what RC has withstood.

I never said that she is more durable. I said that she could take his punches.

#27 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

Robocop would knock the sh** out of her.

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

RC Stomps.

1. He is not. There was only one instance when he caught a bullet, any other time he was moving slower than normal human bean. Also look what happened when he fought robo-samurai, it was to fast for him. Buffy also would be.

2. Oh, my, you don't know much about her, do you? She is not just some small, skinny girl, she is vampire Slayer = girl with supernatural powers like: superstrength, enhanced durability, enhanced speed and reflexes etc. And I already proven that she took hits from people stronger than RC - Glory, Twilight etc. So, no RC will not rip her apart because she: 1) have durability to withstand his attacks, 2) she is simply too fast for him. Hell, all she need to do is to run away from him - I bet that even regular guy like Xander Harris could outrun RC on foot. :)

3) Again you don't know much about her. She can be quite smart and resourceful when she want to. Also this girl have better showings that those samurai: dodging bullets, lightning bolts, keeping pace with speeding bus etc. Show me those samurai doing those things. Also show me when RC collapsed ceiling with foot stomp?

1. Robocop beat Robosamurai and yes RS Was much faster than RC and still lost.

2. The strongest thing Buffy has done from what i've seen as far as strength feats go is she has bent Metal Bars in a Jail cell or wherever she was at.... Robocops busted through steel doors with soft hits... If hes fast enough to catch a bullet than thats more than enough proof he could catch her hits as well...... Buffy always had help from her friends to take out powerful enemies, she never did the work on her own...... She might be fast for him yes and you also said she could run away from him? If she ran from him that might be her best bet...... Then again if she ran from him she couldnt accomplish anything could she? Went Buffy gets up from being run over by a truck, tanks grenade blast like RC has Please let me know..... She got taken out by a bullet in season 6..... RC as mentioned went through worse problems and wasnt fased.

3. She dodges bullets? Yes and again RC Has also catched a bullet which means he could catch her by the arm or leg when sh goes to punch him or kick him.......... I never said RC collapsed ceiling with foot stomp, I Said hes fell off skyscrapers and never got hurt.

#28 Posted by Picard (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

Robocop would knock the sh** out of her.

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

@Picard said:

@goodguy24 said:

RC Stomps.

1. Robocop beat Robosamurai and yes RS Was much faster than RC and still lost.

2. The strongest thing Buffy has done from what i've seen as far as strength feats go is she has bent Metal Bars in a Jail cell or wherever she was at.... Robocops busted through steel doors with soft hits... If hes fast enough to catch a bullet than thats more than enough proof he could catch her hits as well...... Buffy always had help from her friends to take out powerful enemies, she never did the work on her own...... She might be fast for him yes and you also said she could run away from him? If she ran from him that might be her best bet...... Then again if she ran from him she couldnt accomplish anything could she? Went Buffy gets up from being run over by a truck, tanks grenade blast like RC has Please let me know..... She got taken out by a bullet in season 6..... RC as mentioned went through worse problems and wasnt fased.

3. She dodges bullets? Yes and again RC Has also catched a bullet which means he could catch her by the arm or leg when sh goes to punch him or kick him.......... I never said RC collapsed ceiling with foot stomp, I Said hes fell off skyscrapers and never got hurt.

No, she couldn't even touch her. :)

1. Robocop shoot this samurai he don't have gun in this fight. :)

2. Busted steel doors? Average vampire in "Buffy" could do the same, and Buffy is stronger than those vampires:

BTVS Harvest

Also I never said that she is stronger than RC or that she could even harm him without weapon, so I don't know why you even arguing about strength? Him catching bullet is inconsistent with his other showings - 99% of the time he is moving slower than average person, Buffy have enhanced speed, reflexes and agility. So you're deluding yourself if you think that he can even touch her. Also even if catching bullet feat was legitimate, RC still was to slow for robo-samurai and this samurai is not faster than Buffy. So, no he can't touch her. I don't know why you keep bringing up the fact that she needed help or some weapon to kill tougher enemies? I never said that she could harm him. But I also said that he can't touch her. So it is a stalemate :)

3. Again: he catched a bullet once, other time he is moving like turtle in molasses - he is slow, very slow. And even if I would took bullet feat into account, then Robo still couldn't even touch robo-samurai, and this samurai was not faster than Buffy. Hell, Buffy dodged lighting and lighting is considerably faster than bullet. Also if RC can't collapse ceiling with foot stopm then he is weaker than Glory, and Glory couldn't knock Buffy out, so RC also can't knock Buffy out. As I said stalemate :)

#29 Posted by goodguy24 (691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: Ok man believe what you want, but im done with this thread. I know what I say about Buffy RC is true.

Robocop wins.

#30 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (7574 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing I'm most curious about, is what is Robocop going to do if he does manage to grab her? If he finds himself in this situation the best thing to do would be to break her arms or pull them out of their sockets. Then put a bullet in her while she squirms around in pain. If he tosses her or something dumb, she will escape and come back with something or someone who can finish the job. Which I guess would be a win for RC by forfeit.