Win by Death

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Cregan_Stark

Eeek. I think The Mountains armor might be a little thick for Grey Wind's teeth, it's a tough one though. I'll probably give the Mountain an edge because Grey Wind never grew to adult size IIRC.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mountain. I don't think Robb was considered an above average swordsman. Certainly not in See Gregor's league. Not even confident enough to fight Jaime. Grey Wind could only act as a temporary distraction.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Robb was more like his dad, an average swordsman but excellent commander.

BTW, Robb was smart not to fight Jaime. He'd have a better chance against Gregor (without Grey Wind). Jaime is far above this level.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Erkan12

@awesam said:

Mountain. I don't think Robb was considered an above average swordsman. Certainly not in See Gregor's league. Not even confident enough to fight Jaime. Grey Wind could only act as a temporary distraction.

Grey Wind murdered even armored knight in the third book.

“A hall is no place for a wolf. He gets restless, you’ve seen. Growling and snapping. I should never have taken him into battle with me. He’s killed too many men to fear them now. Jeyne’s anxious around him, and he terrifies her mother.”

And there’s the heart of it, Catelyn thought. “He is part of you, Robb. To fear him is to fear you.”

“I am not a wolf, no matter what they call me.” Robb sounded cross. “Grey Wind killed a man at the Crag, another at Ashemark, and six or seven at Oxcross. If you had seen - “

“I saw Bran’s wolf tear out a man’s throat at Winterfell,” she said sharply, “and loved him for it.”

“That’s different. The man at the Crag was a knight Jeyne had known all her life. You can’t blame her for being afraid. Grey Wind doesn’t like her uncle either. He bares his teeth every time Ser Rolph comes near him.”

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: If I remember correctly, the Mountain's armor is so thick that only he can carry it. Also being an 8 foot tall hulking giant, I'm not sure Grey Wind could take him down.

I do think the battle is more The Mountain vs. Grey Wind, Robb isn't much of a factor.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Robb was nothing special in battle, and Grey Wind honestly gets wrecked.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Gregor murdered a horse. Grey Wind usually aims for the neck, but Gregor's a lot taller than the average man. Grey Wind would probably resort to biting and then getting his head smashed in by Gregor.

@awesam: Robb was more like his dad, an average swordsman but excellent commander.

BTW, Robb was smart not to fight Jaime. He'd have a better chance against Gregor (without Grey Wind). Jaime is far above this level.

Decent commander, but made a lot of bad choices. He was smart for avoiding a fight with Jaime, but northern men are known for being brave, not smart.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@awesam said:

@erkan12: Gregor murdered a horse. Grey Wind usually aims for the neck, but Gregor's a lot taller than the average man. Grey Wind would probably resort to biting and then getting his head smashed in by Gregor.

@cregan_stark said:

Decent commander, but made a lot of bad choices. He was smart for avoiding a fight with Jaime, but northern men are known for being brave, not smart.

He didn't just murder a horse, he slaughtered it at the friggin' neck. Lol.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly he probably have better luck against Jaime, the mountain is just too overwhelming large and powerful for most people to fight 1 v 1. Especially if he is wearing a helmet without it u aim for the face I suppose particularly if you are using poison.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

team 1 is currently dead

huehuehuehue

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: as far as we know, so is team two. Robert Strong's identity has yet to be confirmed

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skaddix: there are a lot if guys who could defeat the Mountain 1v1 and three (Jaime, Sandor and Barristan) who certainly would.

Jaime (two handed) is the top swordsman of his day, that much is certain.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erkan12

@awesam said:

@cregan_stark said:

True, but horse was static. And Grey Wind was fast, Robb gave his name 'Grey Wind' because it was the fastest direwolf among other direwolves. Even in his death he murdered 4 wolfhounds while he got crossbows from frey men. I know Mountain can slaughter him with one shot but I doubt Grey Wind would give the chance for it. Grey Wind survived 5 battle, this means he should've dodge from some serious blows. Mountain was very strong and durable, but not fast.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@awesam said:

@cregan_stark said:

True, but horse was static. And Grey Wind is fast, Robb gave his name 'Grey Wind' because it was the fastest direwolf among other direwolves. Even in his death he murdered 4 wolfhounds while he got crossbows from frey men. I know Mountain can slaughter him with one shot but i doubt Grey Wind would give the chance for it. Grey Wind survived 5 battle, this means he should've dodge from some blows.

Problem is that Grey Wind isn't fighting an ordinary man, he's fighting the Mountain. The biggest and most intimidating man in Westeros. Grey Wind wouldn't stand a chance.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoringPerson

Robb fights on horseback with a lance as his preferred weapon irrc. If they're both on horseback I give it to Robb because Gregor rides with sword and shield.

But with even conditions, Robb should lose every time.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robb fights on horseback with a lance as his preferred weapon irrc. If they're both on horseback I give it to Robb because Gregor rides with sword and shield.

But with even conditions, Robb should lose every time.

I believe Robb is the minority factor here. Direwolf has chance.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cregan_Stark
Reiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins...

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BoringPerson

@cregan_stark: Yup, but riding allows Grey Wind to knock Gregor off the horse and for Robb to deliver the coup de grace.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@boringperson: I'm not convinced that Grey Wind could take Gregor off his horse. Much too strong IMO and Robb certainly isn't a factor in this fight.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

Eeek. I think The Mountains armor might be a little thick for Grey Wind's teeth, it's a tough one though. I'll probably give the Mountain an edge because Grey Wind never grew to adult size IIRC.

Even still, Grey Wind was still described as "monstrous", even at the first book IIRC.

Grey Wind is the fastest here, and I'm pretty sure he's smarter than Gregor. If GW can tackle Gregor and drop him to the ground, then Robb could kill him. But I don't see that happening all that easily.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards the team. Robb could distract him long enough for Greywind to kill him, especially if they're attacking from opposite directions.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@the_red_viper: I don't remember them being all that big in the first book. I remember ghost (the biggest of the dire wolves) being about the size if a dog (as a pup) in that book. It's been a while since I've read it though.

I'm just not convinced that GW is taking Gregor down and certainly not keep him down. I'm also not convinced that his teeth could pierce that armor.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: I don't remember them being all that big in the first book. I remember ghost (the biggest of the dire wolves) being about the size if a dog (as a pup) in that book. It's been a while since I've read it though.

I'm just not convinced that GW is taking Gregor down and certainly not keep him down. I'm also not convinced that his teeth could pierce that armor.

I clearly remember GW being described as "a monstrous wolf" by the end of book 1. I'm not saying GW could kill Gregor, but it's possible he could tackle him into the ground so Robb could finish him. But as I said, not going to happen all that easily.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: At they very least Grey Wind could maim the horse whenever Gregor missed Grey Wind, leaving him flat footed against an armored lance toting Robb.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe grey wind would kill mountain if he suprises him somehow.

Mountain vs Robb is no contest. Personally I think Robb is probably worse swordsman than Ned with the fact he is younger and less experienced warrior.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: could be, I haven't read the first one in a while. As you said, IF GW could take him down it wouldn't be easy. I think the more likely scenario is that the monster kills the boy and his wolf.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boringperson: if I had to choose between Robb with a lance on horseback or The Mountain with a sword on foot I'm going mountain hands down.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers