#1 Posted by WillPayton (11320 posts) - - Show Bio

......VS......

River Tam vs Black Widow (movie version)

H2H only, no equipment or weapons.

#2 Posted by BringnIt (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

River.

#3 Posted by nick_hero22 (8204 posts) - - Show Bio

River Tam

#4 Posted by Picard (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

River - telepathy, genius level IQ, great h2h skills and unlike Widow she don't need gagates to people that are much biger and stronger than her. :)

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (39298 posts) - - Show Bio

DH written all over this.

#6 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

River Easy Win.

#7 Posted by beatboks1 (7894 posts) - - Show Bio

River in a slam dunk IMO. She ROCKED in Serenity which made me wish Whedon had the chance to finish the series.

#8 Posted by WillPayton (11320 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

River in a slam dunk IMO. She ROCKED in Serenity which made me wish Whedon had the chance to finish the series.

Yeah that'll never happen, and I doubt we'll even see a sequel to Serenity.

So, no one thinks BW has a chance? I'd have thought given her durability in the movie (taking a hit from Hulk...) and her fighting skills, that it'd make for a tough fight.

#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92792 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

DH written all over this.

Hell yes.

Still haven't seen Avengers, so I won't say for sure, but I really don't see anything from Widow that could give me the opinion she'd take it.

#10 Posted by beatboks1 (7894 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@beatboks1 said:

So, no one thinks BW has a chance? I'd have thought given her durability in the movie (taking a hit from Hulk...) and her fighting skills, that it'd make for a tough fight.

Her durability was good, but on actual skill i'd say river has a substantial edge. The way I see it the agent sent after her and her Brother had a skill level around Natasha. River was above him based on her performance (especially the off screen slaughter of Reavers). Add the TP to that which will mean what ever Natasha has in mind will be countered before she makes the move. i'd say it's the combination of TP with that impressive skill that will give her the win. BW really shouldn't lay a glove on her, so her durability while formidable will be pushed since she'll be the only one getting hit.

That's my call in a nutshell

#11 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

...Every single fcking time I see "River Tam" I think of Tam Al'Thor from Two Rivers. No joke. I don't know why, it just one of those things.

/derail

#12 Posted by WillPayton (11320 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@WillPayton said:

@beatboks1 said:

Her durability was good, but on actual skill i'd say river has a substantial edge. The way I see it the agent sent after her and her Brother had a skill level around Natasha. River was above him based on her performance (especially the off screen slaughter of Reavers). Add the TP to that which will mean what ever Natasha has in mind will be countered before she makes the move. i'd say it's the combination of TP with that impressive skill that will give her the win. BW really shouldn't lay a glove on her, so her durability while formidable will be pushed since she'll be the only one getting hit.

That's my call in a nutshell

I was actually thinking of turning off her TP skills for this fight because it might be too much of an edge. Darn.