#1 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

So lets assume Rift, wakes up after his long (PIS) sleep at the end of World Collide Story arc and decide to invade Asgard (everyone listed in the picture) can Odin along with all the powerful foes manage to defeat the undefeatable?

Just for the shake of argument, lets assume Thor is at Rune King Thor level, Surtur has turned good and is helping Odin as well, they have Bor and Cul together helping Odin (coz Cul is too drunk to be the bad brother)

Rift

Asgard

Rules:

1. Random Encounter

2. On Asgard of course

3. Win by any means necessary barring BFR (also no PIS of Rift seeing his own demon, getting scared and falling into sleep throughout the fight)

Who win and why?

#2 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

so 22 people looked at it, but no one dares to pick :p

Come on, pick one at random if nothing else, be a man (or a woman :P )

#3 Posted by laflux (17519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

I was one of the Watcher's I admit, but I don't know squat about Rift so any feats would be nice :)

#4 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7719 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: You make topics, well that's news to me.

Also from that scan alone, I'll have to go with rift. The guy is editing his own wiki page :D

#5 Edited by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Killemall: You make topics, well that's news to me.

Also from that scan alone, I'll have to go with rift. The guy is editing his own wiki page :D

Haha i do sometimes, after having read few series :), also that wasnt really him editing his own wiki, which actually sounds awesome, but rather thinking how he could merge Milestone and Dc universe together and do what with its continuity.

@laflux: He's only appeared in 1 story arc so doesnt have a lot of feats. Some of them however would including fighting Superman, Superboy, Ikon and steel who appeared as insects to him. His best feat would include physically merging Milestone and Dc universe together, and was never really defeated.

#6 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

I am shock, that your using a character with very little feats, against Odin and Co.
#7 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

I am shock, that your using a character with very little feats, against Odin and Co.

Well he clearly was a powerhouse, i mean how often do you see people capable of merging 2 realities together with little effort? So i thought people would discuss a little, sadly i think though most people havent read Worlds Collide =(

#8 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

@thanobomb1124 said:

Well he clearly was a powerhouse, i mean how often do you see people capable of merging 2 realities together with little effort? So i thought people would discuss a little, sadly i think though most people havent read Worlds Collide =(

Any scans of this character besides merging two realities together? Like fighting ”godly” beings.
#9 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

Any scans of this character besides merging two realities together? Like fighting ”godly” beings.

I dont think he has ever fought godly beings, he pretty much only fought like 6 superheroes together and well won rather handily

#10 Posted by Spartan101 (2485 posts) - - Show Bio

its a hard fight due to lack of feats,but we know rift has some high end powers,but would that beat asgard here?? hmm,,gonna have to say asgard,but not easy i'll say.

#11 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard wins .

#12 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God said:

Asgard wins .

I am quite certain i am going to get a very good answer from you, so would you care to elaborate why they win.

#13 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I see Odin,Hela and Surtur here,along with Thor,Loki and many others,I think Asgard can take it.

#14 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard wins. Odin, RKT Thor, Bor, Cul, Surtur and Hela can win.

#15 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God said:

Asgard wins .

I am quite certain i am going to get a very good answer from you, so would you care to elaborate why they win.

If you read the conclusion to Fraction's Mighty Thor arc , then you'd know that both Odin and Surtur got elevated to at minimum a universal scale of power . Scans will come up soon .

#16 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God: Rather than scan just tell me the issue number so i can look for it. Is it Thor 1?? I havent read that .

#17 Edited by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

This battle might be a big powered fight, but its going to be Odin's wisdom and Loki's silver tongue who is going to win this fight. Loki is going to manipulate Rift it leaving himself open for there others to exploit.

#18 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God: Rather than scan just tell me the issue number so i can look for it. Is it Thor 1?? I havent read that .

Nah , its distributed over pretty much most of Fraction's run after the Galactus-Odin fight . If you have the time or energy to look them up yourself , I suggest you do so .

Here , they're finally up :

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2702166-asgardianskyfatherssupreme_1.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2702167-asgardianskyfatherssupreme_2.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2702162-asgardianskyfatherssupreme_3.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2702163-asgardianskyfatherssupreme_4.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2702170-asgardianskyfatherssupreme_5.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123075/2702181-asgardianskyfatherssupreme_6.jpg

Btw , is there some glitch in the image uploading feature of this site ? Uploading just these 6 scans alone caused me more agony than what Shane Carwin suffered in his bout with Junior Dos Santos .

#19 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyper_God: Maybe not sure, oh this looks like Everything Burns story arc, I am getting that next week :) must remember to save these scans.

#20 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

I like most don't know much, or anything, about Rift. His lack of feats make it hard to call him on the level of Odin and the others but on the same scale, his feats are impressive. I think if you have scans available it'd make it easier to tell. Is there a mitigating factor to how he merges the universes? Does he do it with his sheer power? Does he one shot the superheroes or is it more that they're unable to harm him and he just overcomes them over time. Things like that would give us a better feel for where the character stands powerwise and let us figure out how he fares against the Asgardians. It's not just about what the feats are but how they are performed. Like Thanos fight with Odin. To hear it described, Thanos stood toe to toe with Odin and matched him. That's not the case. Thanos is getting pummeled but keeps getting up. He's unable to hurt Odin but he refuses to fall. So this is a test of intestinal fortitude. It makes him highly durable but he could never beat Odin or characters more powerful then Odin because he wasn't able to hurt Odin. But he'd give them a good fight until he just couldn't get up anymore.

#21 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God: Maybe not sure, oh this looks like Everything Burns story arc, I am getting that next week :) must remember to save these scans.

It is . Some it was covered in Journey Into Mystery as well .

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama said:

Asgard wins. Odin, RKT Thor, Bor, Cul, Surtur and Hela can win.