• 127 results
#1 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9286 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there any out of there, ridiculous feats from characters we should just ignore? Say absurd, preposterous feats that stem from a writers lack of science, character or...whatever knowledge? Like, for example, Barry Allen (?) being able to perceive events that last less than an attosecond?? I bet the writer just looked up fractions of time failing to realize how extremely ridiculous that it.

So, are there anymore we should just ignore??

Just to clear things up. I'm not necessarily looking for things that defy real world logic. These are comic books, real world logic hardly applies. I'm looking for things that defy character logic, like huge random increases in power, huge decreases in power, inconsistencies etc.....Silver Age stuff doesn't really fit in here because its the flipping Silver Age lol. But stuff like Hyperion tanking the the collapse of two universes smell awfully fishy ya know

And feel free to agree and disagree. There's always room for debate

#2 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Like, for example, Barry Allen (?) being able to perceive events that last less than an attosecond?? I bet the writer just looked up fractions of time failing to realize how extremely ridiculous that it.

That is correct.

#3 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9286 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

@buttersdaman000 said:

Like, for example, Barry Allen (?) being able to perceive events that last less than an attosecond?? I bet the writer just looked up fractions of time failing to realize how extremely ridiculous that it.

That is correct.

Yeah even Wallys nuke feat isn't as absurd as this. When it's calculated, it has him being millions to maybe even trillions of times faster than light but that's just functioning at insanely insane speeds. His perception is still within that picosecond/femtosecond (Which is still crazy) range. With flipping attosecond perception he is technically witnessing the 'absence' of time as far as we're concerned lol

#5 Edited by Maluke (62 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Superman destroyed an entire solar system by just sneezing.

#6 Edited by OverLordArhas (7305 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan's regen

#7 Posted by Pr0metheus (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce staying up for 28 hours constantly fighting

#8 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6404 posts) - - Show Bio

@maluke: That nothing compare to PR Molecule Man fixing the Marvel Multiverse just by waving his finger.

#9 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel zombies

#10 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with that?
Batman is full of steroids, painkillers and other drugs anyways :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

#11 Posted by GhostRavage (8198 posts) - - Show Bio

DC characters moving the earth around without it suffering EXTREME temperature changes nor collapsing in itself... That feat defies any logic science has ever tried to establish.

#12 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

DC characters moving the earth around without it suffering EXTREME temperature changes nor collapsing in itself... That feat defies any logic science has ever tried to establish.

#13 Edited by fiodestromus (964 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#14 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in a headlock.

I'm serious, that happened.

#15 Edited by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in a headlock.

I'm serious, that happened.

I think it was an arm lock

#16 Posted by sync1 (2696 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool thread

#17 Edited by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to leave this here...

#18 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by lesterlawton (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man's beatdown of Firelord.

#21 Posted by GhostRavage (8198 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to leave this here...

I can't describe how much im laughing with this... HA!

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Edited by StrictlyAnime (771 posts) - - Show Bio

Goodnight everybody.

#24 Posted by GhostRavage (8198 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash! Y U no Speed steal Black Hole!?

#25 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

People really shoudn't post DC Silver Age feats here...They aren't canon any more (so essentially they never actually happened) and they are the very reason "Crisis" happened.

#26 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (9831 posts) - - Show Bio

The Entire Silver Age

#27 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

People really shoudn't post DC Silver Age feats here...They aren't canon any more (so essentially they never actually happened) and they are the very reason "Crisis" happened.

This post is all in good fun. Don't be such a debbie downer.

#28 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

I'm just saying...DC has already said "Yeah, we really screwed everything up in the Silver Age"...This thread should be more about the stuff that the companies are still pretending is legit.

#29 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@greenteaforme said:

@shawnbaby said:

I'm just saying...DC has already said "Yeah, we really screwed everything up in the Silver Age"...This thread should be more about the stuff that the companies are still pretending is legit.

Flash had better feats in the Modern Age than in the Silver Age O_O

#30 Posted by SSJ4Hulk (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Retcon Beyonder : He "killed" death

#31 Posted by GhostRavage (8198 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

@shawnbaby said:

@greenteaforme said:

@shawnbaby said:

Hahaha... Indeed!

#33 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

@shawnbaby said:

@greenteaforme said:

@shawnbaby said:

And that's exactly the kind of thing that should be posted here....The kind of stuff that DC hasn't admitted is totally ridiculous.

#34 Posted by XiiX (7071 posts) - - Show Bio

Prometheus punking The Shade stands out to me.

#35 Posted by nickzambuto (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

This was blown way out of proportion. It's really not out of Batman's league at all. Maybe if he was fighting someone like Captain America, a guy who's gonna give him actual difficulty. But against a bunch of nameless fools, let's be honest, Bruce would be oneshot speedblitzing everyone. He would have no difficulty at all in dealing with them, and therefore wouldn't really be exerting himself. His biggest problem would just be staying awake.

#36 Edited by GhostRavage (8198 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@pr0metheus said:

This was blown way out of proportion. It's really not out of Batman's league at all. Maybe if he was fighting someone like Captain America, a guy who's gonna give him actual difficulty. But against a bunch of nameless fools, let's be honest, Bruce would be oneshot speedblitzing everyone. He would have no difficulty at all in dealing with them, and therefore wouldn't really be exerting himself. His biggest problem would just be staying awake.

I believe i read somewhere, a japanese gamer died after spending 3 days without sleeping... Spending 1 month fighting its utterly ridiculous...

EDIT! Wouldn't he died of dehydration or starvation? I really don't know the instance...but it sounds SilverAge style...

#37 Edited by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@pr0metheus said:

I believe i read somewhere, a japanese gamer died after spending 3 days without sleeping... Spending 1 month fighting its utterly ridiculous...

28 hours is just over a day. Not a month.

#38 Edited by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@pr0metheus said:

Even if he were just standing there one shotting very single guy as they walked up to him single file...Muscle fatigue would set in long before 28 hours were up.

#39 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@maluke said:

SA Superman destroyed an entire solar system by just sneezing.

This. Plus Master Roshi destroying the moon with a power level of 129.

#40 Posted by nickzambuto (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@pr0metheus said:

Even if he were just standing there one shotting very single guy as they walked up to him single file...Muscle fatigue would set in long before 28 hours were up.

But that's the thing. He's Batman. He wouldn't need to expend very much energy at all into his strikes.

#41 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@nickzambuto said:

@pr0metheus said:

But that's the thing. He's Batman. He wouldn't need to expend very much energy at all into his strikes.

Even the best fighters in history could only fight continuously for fifteen minutes or so before their bodies gave up. So batman has 112 times the endurance of a peak human, add his ability to disregard the need for sleep, food, and complete disregard for dehydration and you now have someone who is in fact, very Superhuman in terms of endurance.

Ergo the writers should just own up to Batman having powers and cut this peak human nonsense out.

#42 Posted by StrictlyAnime (771 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@shawnbaby said:

@nickzambuto said:

@pr0metheus said:

Even the best fighters in history could only fight continuously for fifteen minutes or so before their bodies gave up. So batman has 112 times the endurance of a peak human, add his ability to disregard the need for sleep, food, and complete disregard for dehydration and you now have someone who is in fact, very Superhuman in terms of endurance.

Ergo the writers should just own up to Batman having powers and cut this peak human nonsense out.

Try every given moment Batman punches Superman and actually knocks him back.

#43 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to say I love ridiculous feats, the crazier the better. Insanely awesome crazy cool stuff is one of the things I think comics can do better than any other genre.

This guy is suppose to be a "normal" human.

#44 Edited by thanosii (1182 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyperion taking two universes blowing up in his face, then bleeding from a hulk punch

#45 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8242 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: @pr0metheus: @shawnbaby:

@nickzambuto said:

@shawnbaby said:

@nickzambuto said:

@pr0metheus said:

If you read the restof the comics or at least the important piece of the scans (on the right side). He knocks opponents around 10 or 15 minutes of the fight,leave at least 45 minutes to rest between each fight since the deatchmatch judge throw one man into the pit every hour,not every minute.

#46 Edited by scorphon (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Majin Form Dante is 100% Invincible to everything and can never be killed by ANYTHING and the form lasts as long as he wants it to and hes a god of Light, Darkness and Fire attacks. GG.

#47 Edited by PieHole (274 posts) - - Show Bio

A Robot killed an Elder God 4billion times just by staring at it. GG no RE.

The Robot also grew to the point that upon touching Universes, the Universes exploded.

Not going to name the Robot.

PS.Beyonder can scan multiverses Instantly. His presence alone destroys galaxies from everywhere in Universes.

#48 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8242 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor open a black hole throught Gorr's body with barehands.

#49 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Also

#50 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8242 posts) - - Show Bio