Riddick vs Captain America (Movie Versions)

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cable_Extreme

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Movie versions for this fight.

Fight takes place here, lights dimmed so Riddick doesn't have to squint or have his goggles on, and CA can still see.

No Caption Provided

Round one - Both have weaponry and or shield. Riddick has 4 medium sized blades, and Captain America has his shield.

Round two - H2H, no armor, just clothing.

(After seeing Riddick 3, this seems like a great battle)

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Thanofleeze

Riddick in a pretty close battle I'd say.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RBT

Riddick. He.s faster. Cap might win round 1 because of his shield, but definitely looses 2.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard B. Riddick vs Steve Rodgers

Both are equal in nearly every stat accept for speed, stealth, skill, gear and ferocity. Steve knows how to kill and has little qualms about it, Richard made an art out of killing and puts his body through all kinds of bullsh*t just to keep up (as shown in Riddick 3, gave up being a king to go on a human/monster hunting trip). Both have military training but in the movies Steve was only in the military for a few years before going out on serious missions leading up to his cryo-nap and in avengers it can be implied that he knows a little boxing, Richard might not have been a soldier as long as Steve but for at least a decade he's been killing and fighting after his excommunication giving him experience as well as time to hone his skills much longer than Steve ever did in the movies.

Round 1: Riddick 7/10 - Riddick is a masterful hunter, tracker and killer of men with many years of experience. He is fast, agile, cunning and ultimately unpredictable which is something Captain America has no clue to deal with. The warehouse is dimly lit but Riddick still has the advantage of stealth due to cover, Steve may have enhanced senses for a human but they aren't superhuman so he won't be able to find Riddick easily. In close quarters Cap is still a brawler with a shield compared to Riddick but I doubt it'd even come to that considering the fact that Riddick can back stab Cap and has enough knives that he could throw a few without completely disarming himself, Steve's shield is the only thing that keeps him in the game and that can get taken away if Riddick gets the jump on him. The only enemy to actually sneak up on Steve ever was Red Skull and he really wasn't too quiet about it, Riddick in a dimly lit room with plenty of cover is just as dangerous as him being in a dark room with no cover and he has the ability to make this easy. Cap still has the shield and can get a few wins in CQC because of it, but Riddick will kill Steve more times than not.

Round 2: Riddick 9/10 - So far the Captain has fought and killed generic soldier-types armed with long-mid ranged weapons his entire career such as Nazis, Hydra troops with enhanced weaponry, heavily armored Hydra troops with advanced weapons, Loki's mercs and cannon fodder aliens. Then he's fought Red Skull and Loki, didn't beat Schmidt due to damaging the tesseract causing it bfr Schmidt who mostly relied on his guns anyway (plus he was a better fighter than Cap) and Loki wasn't even trying cus he wanted to stall for time so he could get captured later on. Captain America hasn't directly fought anyone with any level of skill besides Red Skull who barely has any combat feats himself and is only an example because he's the only one with close combat feats besides Steve himself, Riddick on the other hand disposes of not only hapless mercs but trained warrior necromongers and alien monsters from other planets. He's thrown down with someone stronger, faster and more skilled than anyone Cap has ever encountered, the Lord Marshal Zhylaw, yeah he beat Riddick but Steve is nowhere near Zhylaw in anything combat wise. I might even be so bold as to say Riddick is more durable than Cap for taking all the Lord Marshals punches, but that armor makes up for it i guess...anyway, Riddick stomps Steve in CQC.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddick probably sweeps

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Riddick round 1

Cap round 2

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

Riddick's got this:

Round 1: Cap has a minor advantage with the shield, but nothing else, and that Riddick can't handle, he's dodged tentacled aliens cracking at him like whips with precision and ease, dodging a shield is not going to be difficult for him. Riddick's strength feats are vastly superior to Cap's with him having held off a fully grown bioraptor with moderate difficulty, his stamina and durability feats are superior, showing no signs at all of being tired when fleeing the heat cycle on Crematoria, his skills undoubtedly better as he killed 2 bioraptors with a knife, his combat speed and tactical capacity allowed him to quickly adapt to the Lord Commanders superhumanly fast attacks in a confined space, when both were on either side of him, his intellect allowed him to calculate the distance it would take to reach the ships on the prison. Cap's bringing nothing to this but his shield and physical strength/speed, [As demonstrated by his impressively high and far leaps as well as chasing a car, though I would point out his combat speed is slower than Riddick's as mentioned as is his skill], which is not that much above Riddick's own [Demonstrated by his mid air twist and flinging a knife at the Necromorph who was there to kill him]. Captain America doesn't pose any threat.

Round 2: Riddick wins even easier this time due to mentioned feats and abilities. Cap's yet to get any solid feats,he's only fought goons and generic fodder [And that one lethal, boss level gun with a gun]

Riddick all rounds with easy to moderate difficulty.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cable_extreme: I bump this mate.

Riddick should still take the victory, he is more skilled and faster than Cap, also pretty damn strong wrestling with those big aliens.

Loading Video...

Here you got a view of his skill and badass.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mlunny1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mlunny1121

The Furyan takes this no problem.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cyber_cowboy

I'm pretty sure cap has this. In the winter soldier cap used a mixture of parkour, Brazilian jiu jitsu, karate and boxing. It is unknown how many Riddick knows based off the movie but we know he is definitely very skilled. IMO I think of his fighting technique as purely instinct like an animal which would go quit well with his persona. And cap is way stronger. He's proven he's strong enough to break a high security steel door in the avengers and send full grown human bodies flying with his punches. And I believe he is on par with speed. He caught up to a run away car when he first got the formula and was proven that he wasn't fully adjusted when he ran into that window. He's probably a little faster now. And his attacks are also pretty fast when you look at them. Cap is also no stranger to knives. He's faced hydra goons with knives without his shield, mercenaries with knives, and the winter soldier. And the winter soldier was attacking at a very fast pace. And don't even get me started on durability. He's fallen from great heights and walked away, rocketed into a bus and kept fighting immediately afterwards, took alien blaster shots to the stomach and kept fighting and took god-knows-how-many punches to the face, full force, that could easily bust up concrete. I'm pretty sure cap has this for both rounds.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By reikai

Riddick has no known formal martial arts training. Instead he has decades worth of instinctual combat skill and experience. Not simply a killer, but a survivalist from a human sub-species. Furyans were pretty much known for their strength and ferocity, and Riddick has fought and survived his entire life.

Riddick has hunted creatures all across the known universe for sport as much as survival and killed anyone who tried to restrict his freedoms. The higher his bounty went, the more Mercs came after him, the more people who ended up dead. Mercs came from all walks of life, from solo hunters to whole groups of mixed skills and even units like Father Johns who're more solid with a military focus.

Numbers mean very little to Riddick in the field. He's extremely patient and highly intelligent. However much they consider him a savage, Riddick has shown a peculiar sense of honor. He really doesn't seem to kill women unless he has to. He also doesn't kill indiscriminately and takes offense when others kill for no apparent reason. As shown in Riddick3, he didn't take kindly to seeing that woman gunned down for no real reason, and Riddick did seem to understand that she'd been used like a toy by Santana and his crew.

It is true that killing is like an artform to Riddick, if only because he's become so proficient at it. With his ability to see in total darkness, he's exceptionally skilled at taking people out in the dark and at night, only made moreso by Riddick's stealthy nature. Riddick has shown he could stand within a few feet of people and go completely unnoticed. Even dropping from rafters he's able to land soundlessly.

Looking at this, the only advantage Steve has is the shield. And while Steve has learned a variety of martial arts, Riddick has fought and killed people of all varying skillsets and fighting styles, as well as alien creatures with speed and reflexes quicker than humans. Creatures that Riddick has fought with little more than hand-made weapons and his bare hands.

Riddick is often referred to as being akin to an animal. It's not so far off the mark. Riddick's senses of smell and hearing are more acute than a normal persons, able to even tell that Jack was a girl in "Pitch Black" from just smelling the blood caused by having her period, something no one else there noticed. Riddick also has an uncanny bond with the more canine-type beasts that appear in the films. Such as those on Crematoria in the Chronicles movie, that Riddick became quite friendly with. And the 'dingo-dongo' from the 3rd film that Riddick was raising from a pup. The saddest moment in the whole film was seeing Santana kill it as Riddick was powerless to stop it after being shot up with four full Horse-strength tranq shots.

All in all, Riddick will take the win in both scenarios.

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cyber_cowboy: i agree about Cap's durability. Riddick is strong and a badass survivor, but Cap is stronger and can take more damage.

i do think Riddick might be faster in combat speed and has better knife fighting skills, but his main advantage is in darkness. Cap was loosing the knive fight with Bucky, even though he held his own for quite a long time. i'd say he would lose a majority on round 1. but Cap does have really great feats holding off and beating some crazy mix of krav maga and parqour/ninja stuff, so i think he can take the majority for round 2. but either of them could get a lucky jab in, so it's hard to say for sure.

this would be sooo awesome to watch though!

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dontevenblink: I do believe that cap and Bucky were pretty even in that fight. The only time Bucky overpowered him was when he uses his arm. I'm saying Bucky is better with knives than Riddick but I'm sure he comes close and not to mention for most of that fight cap didn't have his shield. If he was able to hold onto it then it would be fairly even with cap taking the majority.

@reikai: I'm not sure if that was directed at me but I'm assuming seeing as you were making counters to my argument lol.

You have made a good point for Riddick by mentioning his stealth but the lights are only dimmed for the sake of Riddick not going blind. The OP even says cap can still see fine. And I would like to point out that cap was able to go unnoticed into enemy lines with the American flag literally on his back and chest and that's before he acquired espionage training in his later movie.

Also cap has faced multiple people all at once with ease just like Riddick. Except he does it head on. Just like he did in the first movie on the hydra base but eventually allowing himself to get caught. And along with the alien attack on new york in the avengers. Sure he had help but he was basically fighting a ton of those things by himself. And in TWS he was fighting tons of mercs as well as shield agents and let's not forget taking out, IIRC, ten+ guys in an elevator.

I'm unsure, however, about combat speed because Riddick might have the edge in that. Now I'm talking about moving around the area and the opponent not just who punches faster. It could be even though.

But like I said cap is stronger and way more durable. Even if Riddick can match him H2H at least cap can keep coming back until he wins. And if I'm not mistaken I believe in the first movie it mentions and even shows his healing factor. I mean, it's not exactly a full on shot of him healing from a giant gash but when he gets shot by the hydra agent that style the formula he seemed to stop bleeding rather quickly but I'm not sure if you could count that or not.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

This thread is... Riddickulous.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyber_cowboy: It wasn't really directed at anyone. And I only said Riddick could see in the dark. Never said Cap was blind here.

And I would like to point out that cap was able to go unnoticed into enemy lines with the American flag literally on his back and chest and that's before he acquired espionage training in his later movie.

That I attribute less to Cap's skill and more to his enemies just being incredibly dumb. Not to say Riddick hasn't murdered his share of brainless mooks, but they at least had reputations for hunting down their marks and had an idea about how Riddick operates.

Even during a bright sunny day, Riddick still goes unnoticed, slipping in and out of the compound in the 3rd movie time and again. Of course we can attribute that to Santana's sheer incompetence, but John's team aren't so stupid, and they still get surprised by Riddick. Even Dahl, who seemed the most sensitive to her surroundings compared to the rest, still didn't notice Riddick's hand right on top of her or him taking her compact mirror.

Also cap has faced multiple people all at once with ease just like Riddick. Except he does it head on.

Cap does have the benefit of an indestructible shield and the fact that none of them were smart enough to shoot anywhere else except the shield. Which does further to prove that most of Cap's enemies are lacking in intelligence.

And in TWS he was fighting tons of mercs as well as shield agents and let's not forget taking out, IIRC, ten+ guys in an elevator.

And Thor pretty much did the same thing with no powers in his first movie. Shield agents in the movies tend to be rather lame if they're not well-named characters from the Comics. And Riddick can kill rather well, even with his arms still chained up, as seen with how he kills Santana.

Loading Video...

Also nvm that Riddick has killed quite a number of Necromongers rather easily, and they're well trained and don't feel pain. At the beginning of the 3rd movie we see Riddick drop two of them with throwing knives before the rest even realized they were just killed.

I'm unsure, however, about combat speed because Riddick might have the edge in that. Now I'm talking about moving around the area and the opponent not just who punches faster. It could be even though.

I'd say Riddick has the edge in speed. His ability to react to the Lord Mashall in the 2nd film would indicate that his instincts are far above average and he was dealing with a literal speedster. And if we're counting the Animated Film, it shows Riddick's greater proficiency regardless of the situation.

Loading Video...

But like I said cap is stronger and way more durable.

Steve might be stronger, but not so much as to make a whole lot of difference. And durability is arguable. Riddick literally gets dropped down a cliff and buried under ruble, and survives with little more than a broken leg and some gashes.

And if I'm not mistaken I believe in the first movie it mentions and even shows his healing factor. I mean, it's not exactly a full on shot of him healing from a giant gash but when he gets shot by the hydra agent that style the formula he seemed to stop bleeding rather quickly but I'm not sure if you could count that or not.

Not so much a healing factor as quicker recovery and his muscles don't create the enzymes that make you fatigued so Steve has greater stamina. Also, doesn't say much. In the 2nd film Riddick gets a spike from a netgun through the back of his calf. And he just yanks it out with barely a gruff and keeps moving, somehow not even leaving a blood trail and still managing to completely surprise and take Toombs' entire team, literally yanking them out of his ship without any of them ever even having the chance to see Riddick do it.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: my bad lol it just seemed like it at first. And I just wanted to clear that up about the setting in the dark(:

Anyways that's just for plot. The storm troopers in star wars were supposed to be crack shots but you never see them hit anybody. Nazi soldiers were taken in at ten and trained as a sort of boy scouts but a little harder and by fourteen they were taken, basically, to the next stage of that were training would be increased and eventually, when they turn eighteen, they would be drafted. So they aren't exactly idiots. And it's not like you would have to be a genius to know that a guy, obviously, from America is in your base running free. It would literally only take one look and a shout out to let everybody know Steve was there. And like I said, this was before he had espionage training.

They don't aim for the shield. They aim for the chest, like you should, and cap just throws his shield up before the blast could hit him.

Keep in mind that Thor is a centuries old god that, literally, decided to take on an entire race just for fun. He fights all the time. Granted he was depowered when he fought those guys but he still has a well honed technique of fighting and with his incredibly long life span could live long enough to perfect his fighting style if not multiple styles. And Collison mentions that those agents were some of the most highly trained in the world and he made them look like minimum wage mall cops.

I will admit he can kill very well but I won't just say Cap can't do the same stuff. Cap is limited because it's a pg13 movie and the fact that he holds off on killing enemies and if he does it's quick and not as gruesome as Riddick. Except in the avengers when was fighting the aliens lol he was cutting arms and heads off those things.

I'm not sure we can use the animated versions of the characters but if so I'm pretty sure I can use the ultimate avengers movie cap. But I wouldn't say he was reacting very well to the Lord Marshall. It's been a while since I've seen the first one but IIRC correctly, he was getting his ass handed to him until the Lord Marshall tried to take his soul. And even though it hasn't came out yet and it's just speculation. We might be seeing quick silver and cap facing off.

And I believe cap far outclasses Riddick in strength. He was sending haven't armored hydra goons flying with one punch and breaking high security steel doors not to mention having the weight of an army base falling on him and him holding it up. Durability I'm still giving to cap because he has fallen from great heights as well completely fine while Riddick gets broken legs. He jumped from the shield base onto concrete and was fine, he jumped from a high flying plane into water and was fine (and I know it's water but falling from that height would be akin to hitting concrete), he was shot in the stomach and kept fighting and took multiple punches to the face that could bust concrete easily and only had a swollen eye.

And even still he has quick recovery which is still a pretty good x factor. Riddick seems to just have a higher pain tolerance, while a good x factor, he would still eventually go down while cap can recover

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who ever is faster Wins, to me

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By dontevenblink

@reikai: that's true... this fight might be more in Riddick's favor than I thought. i mean, Cap surviving gunfire because of PIS is different than melee combat where he is surprizingly proficient, but i totally get what you mean.

i really need to watch all the Riddick movies again... and all the good Marvel movies... and all the other good movies... lol

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump because of WS. Even though I really like riddick. I feel like Riddick can win round 1 based on smarts. But Captain America should win based on the feats he showed in WS.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump because of WS. Even though I really like riddick. I feel like Riddick can win round 1 based on smarts. But Captain America should win based on the feats he showed in WS.

Bump again Cap even more because of AOU

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins, but Riddick makes him work for it.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: cap barley

Round 2: solid win for riddick

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow having not seen riddick in a while, im gonna have to say riddick because i swear i remember him being riddiculous

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddick