#1 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio

This is strickly a Hand to Hand combat battle. It takes place in Shao Kahn's courtyard in Outworld. Who wins this fight ?

#2 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Jet Li is a great movie fighter. He may be the best looking on film, but that doesn't mean he is the best in real life. I would doubt he matches up with the best fighters in real life, but for the purposes of this thread I'll view Jet as the best living hand to hand fighter in the world.

Jet would lose horribly. Why? Because in comic books the better martial artists are all performing at near peak human levels. They routinely dodge bullets and absorb more damage than even Jet does in his movies, which would be far beyond what he could take in real life. So any top martial artist in comics, and Dragon is definitely one of the top, would hand Jet Li his head.

Now we could also go on looking at it as if Jet could actually perform everything that he does in his movies and see how he stacks up against Dragon. That would be a more interesting fight.
Post Edited:2007-12-28 13:34:47

#3 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard Dragon,easy.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio

Gannon Nereid says:

"Richard Dragon,easy."

I dont know about easy. Jet Li is pretty quick too. And he is great martial artist as well. I know what Richard Dragon has done in the DCU but you cant count out Jet Li , I think he would put up a heck of a fight.

#5 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Gannon Nereid says:
"Richard Dragon,easy."
I dont know about easy. Jet Li is pretty quick too. And he is great martial artist as well. I know what Richard Dragon has done in the DCU but you cant count out Jet Li , I think he would put up a heck of a fight."

Yeah Forever just put it down for me.Richard Dragon EASY.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Jet Li is a great movie fighter. He may be the best looking on film, but that doesn't mean he is the best in real life. I would doubt he matches up with the best fighters in real life, but for the purposes of this thread I'll view Jet as the best living hand to hand fighter in the world. Jet would lose horribly. Why? Because in comic books the better martial artists are all performing at near peak human levels. They routinely dodge bullets and absorb more damage than even Jet does in his movies, which would be far beyond what he could take in real life. So any top martial artist in comics, and Dragon is definitely one of the top, would hand Jet Li his head. Now we could also go on looking at it as if Jet could actually perform everything that he does in his movies and see how he stacks up against Dragon. That would be a more interesting fight.
Post Edited:2007-12-28 13:34:47"

Well I was using the intent of Jet Li can do what he does in the films. How fair would it be to have Richard Dragon who fights at peak level conditions to battle Jet Li outside of the movie realm. I didnt specify because I thought that was what we would go off of Jet Li. Man I dont know how good Jet Li is outside of the films.

#7 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

He still loses.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio

Gannon Nereid says:

"He still loses."

Well I guess thats all I needed to know. Sorry Jet, I tried. LOL

#9 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Well I was using the intent of Jet Li can do what he does in the films. How fair would it be to have Richard Dragon who fights at peak level conditions to battle Jet Li outside of the movie realm. I didnt specify because I thought that was what we would go off of Jet Li. Man I dont know how good Jet Li is outside of the films."

Then you have to say that. Saying a real person's name makes us automatically think of what that real person can do. If you had said one of his character's names, like they do when they say Achilles from the movie Troy, then we would have taken it as if it was what that character in the movie could do as opposed to just what Brad Pitt's able to do.

#10 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"King Saturn says:
"Well I was using the intent of Jet Li can do what he does in the films. How fair would it be to have Richard Dragon who fights at peak level conditions to battle Jet Li outside of the movie realm. I didnt specify because I thought that was what we would go off of Jet Li. Man I dont know how good Jet Li is outside of the films."
Then you have to say that. Saying a real person's name makes us automatically think of what that real person can do. If you had said one of his character's names, like they do when they say Achilles from the movie Troy, then we would have taken it as if it was what that character in the movie could do as opposed to just what Brad Pitt's able to do."

There is only one problem. Most of the characters Jet Li play in fims I dont know how to prononce there names.

#11 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"There is only one problem. Most of the characters Jet Li play in fims I dont know how to prononce there names."

That's easy to solve. Either look up the movie and they should have the name of the character for any review or breakdown they do of that movie, or simply say "Jet Li's character in..."

#12 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy from the One or Twin Dragons can proabably do it.

#13 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes those characters were truly amazing. Especially the one in The One. I'd say he ended up being super human.

#14 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure was,i love how they ended it too.

The Jet Li from Twin Dragon was almost a wind bender..sorta.

#15 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Jet Li easy."

This guy..haha

#16 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"King Saturn says:
"There is only one problem. Most of the characters Jet Li play in fims I dont know how to prononce there names."
That's easy to solve. Either look up the movie and they should have the name of the character for any review or breakdown they do of that movie, or simply say "Jet Li's character in...""

Oh Yeah

#17 Posted by Gannon Nereid (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Doubt it.

#18 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Jet Li could beat Richard Dragon without any of the abilities he had in some of his most ridiculous movies..such as Once Upon a Time in China III."

Are you certain? You've watched him fight in a few movies and decided that he's that good? Who has he beaten off the movie set?

#19 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Colt Python says:
"Jet Li could beat Richard Dragon without any of the abilities he had in some of his most ridiculous movies..such as Once Upon a Time in China III."
Are you certain? You've watched him fight in a few movies and decided that he's that good? Who has he beaten off the movie set?"

Uh I think even Jean Claude Van Damme has a better off set fighting record than Jet Li. Van Damme went 28-1 in actual competition.

#20 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Jet li is a fake
He isnt even a real martial artist

#21 Posted by NightFang (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Richard Dragon could take him.

#22 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see
an actor who isnt a real martial artist
vs
a fictional martial artist whos one of the top fighters on earth hmmm

#23 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"Jet li is a fake
He isnt even a real martial artist"
Jet Li trains with Wushu... or at least did... so he isnt totally fake
#24 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Jet Li is a joke

#25 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"Jet Li is a joke"
I havent seen his do any real competition... so its hard to say what he is... but from his record... he has some skill with Martial Arts even if it is limited...
#26 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly
Limited Martial arts + being a real person .....
I think we all know what im going to say about this fight

#27 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"Exactly
Limited Martial arts + being a real person .....
I think we all know what im going to say about this fight"
But we were using Jet Li from the Films though... not so much real life
#28 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Even so
Jet Li dies horribly

#29 Posted by King Saturn (223742 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah I Guess