#1 Edited by GraniteSoldier (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

Two powerhouses square off in the Mojave Desert, free of obstruction and interference. This is classic Colossus, not Colossusnaut or Phoenix Force. Rhino is as he was an Ends of the Earth with the Midgard Serpent horn.

Battle starts 200 feet apart, clear line of sight.

Both are in character.

Fight is to KO or death.

Which brawler is the last man standing?

Edit: Please include an explanation why one would win over the other, it makes the debate more interesting than one word answers.

#2 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

Current rhino?

#3 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

colossus

#4 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Current rhino?

has he been upgraded recently?

#5 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Yes my apologies for not including that editing now.

#6 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: Last I checked he was more intelligent while still being just as strong. But things might have changed since then I could be wrong.

#7 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he has been given a horn which impaled Thor and spiderman remarked that rhino was "working out" in amazing spiderman #685 how strong he is speculation but he did dent spidermans armor which was designed to take hits from rhino

#8 Posted by Nefarious (18648 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus.

#9 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: oh yeah I know about the horn and all. Just didnt assume that was enough to make a difference here, the horn had magical properties right? Which is the main reason it hurt Thor?

#10 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't recall it being stated to weaken Thor. All I recall is rhino stating his new horn allowed him to penetrate Thor.

#11 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Rhino is still the same with just a replacement of Horn.

#12 Edited by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

If we assume that normal Colossus is as powerful as depowered Juggernaut, this battle might actually turn out to be a good fight.

#13 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I would assume he is. I matched these two up because of their high endurance and their strength is very close.

#14 Posted by MisterWhisper (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus wins for many reasons:

1. Smarter... by a lot

2. More durable

3. No weakness unlike Rhino's face

4. Does not need to breathe or things like Rhino does

5 More than likely stronger unless you go WAY back for "classic" Colossus even then it would just be even.

6. A much better trained fighter

7. Just plain more experience

#15 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterWhisper:

1. Smarter... by a lot

Colossus main tactic in a fight is to fight and try to over power a enemy. I doubt he is going to resort to outsmarting rhino. Recite an incident of him outsmarting another brick in character. Besides they fight in a desert so what is he going to do to outsmart rhino?

2. More durable

Rhinos horn has been replaced by the tooth of the midgard serpent which allowed him to impale thor in his most recent showing. Colossous durability means nothing to that horn.

3. No weakness unlike Rhino's face

Rhino isn't going to get 1 shotted since he has taken hits from grey hulk before unlike colossus who is going to end up getting penetrated by that horn (which again penetrated thor).

4. Does not need to breathe or things like Rhino does

So? How will this play a role in this fight?

5 More than likely stronger unless you go WAY back for "classic" Colossus even then it would just be even.

I agree with you here. But rhino doesn't need to be stronger for reasons mentioned above.

6. A much better trained fighter

Skill feats? Rhino has been able to tag spider-man and also silver sable (he caught silver sable recently without any trouble) so he really isn't that slow for a brick and the horn does give rhino a reach advantage. So when has colossus won a fight as a result of his skill?

7. Just plain more experience

Irrelevant. Experience does not mean much if anything at all.

#16 Posted by imbackwimps (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

i like rhino in this fight

#17 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus does have some impressive fighting skills but this is a tough fight, Hmm if he was able to hold his own against wolverine and his claws he might pull of a win here.

#18 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@GraniteSoldier said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I would assume he is. I matched these two up because of their high endurance and their strength is very close.

Yup. Ok, and here's the depowered Juggernaut fighting against Rhino. Notice how Rhino also pierced depowered Juggernaut, but didn't really do anything.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Colossus main tactic in a fight is to fight and try to over power a enemy. I doubt he is going to resort to outsmarting rhino. Recite an incident of him outsmarting another brick in character. Besides they fight in a desert so what is he going to do to outsmart rhino?

IIRC Tony Stark made a comment being surprised about Colossus' intelligence. But it's something that has escaped my mind so I really can't pinpoint any issue or scan. I don't even know if it is right.

Rhinos horn has been replaced by the tooth of the midgard serpent which allowed him to impale thor in his most recent showing. Colossous durability means nothing to that horn.

It does as far as brawling goes, it does. If Rhino is able to gore him or keeps attempting to then the horn comes into question. If it involves fists, then yes Colossus is more durable and it will come in handy. Also, Colossus had a gaping hole in his chest when blasted across San Francisco from a celestial probe and he was leaking blood energy. He eventually turned into the Juggernaut when Magik found him but he seemed to be out of the fight for a brief time. So if Rhino does gore him and it penetrates him, it seems Colossus could fight long enough or at least use that close ranged to halt him and use it to get in close for an attack. Not saying he will purposely let himself get gored but he will fight back if he does manage to and he is right next to Rhino's face.

I agree with you here. But rhino doesn't need to be stronger for reasons mentioned above.

It will play a part. As mentioned they are in a desert where both are quite heavy and it should technically make it a bit harder for Rhino to charge. In return it will be the same for Colossus to dodge but if set right with Rhino coming at him from 200 feet away, I don't see why he would just stand there. He may prefer brawling but he isn't Rhino level dumb. He could potentially thunderclap the ground to split it and potentially throw Rhino off if he chooses to do so.

Skill feats? Rhino has been able to tag spider-man and also silver sable (he caught silver sable recently without any trouble) so he really isn't that slow for a brick and the horn does give rhino a reach advantage. So when has colossus won a fight as a result of his skill?

To be fair, Colossus hasn't won many notable fights himself. Colossus' fighting skills is more appealing on paper and most of his notable skill feats are very vast and seem to be done more during when he was like classic, classic. Like on paper (bio handbook) Colossus is supposed to use judo and wrestling tactics. But he mainly just does punch things. As far as skill feats go like back in the day, h employed some acrobatics into his fighting style like flip kicking the Juggernaut and I believe there was an X-Men one shot (more recent) where it was set back in the younger days and he was doing some bob and weave tactics against the Hulk and got him with a giant swing wrestling move IIRC.

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by jashro44 (19562 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

IIRC Tony Stark made a comment being surprised about Colossus' intelligence. But it's something that has escaped my mind so I really can't pinpoint any issue or scan. I don't even know if it is right.

Not bad but do you recall if it was a combat scenario? I'm not saying colossus is dumb I just don't know of him resorting to tactics in a fight. I believe him main course of action in a fight is to slug it out with bricks correct?

It does as far as brawling goes, it does. If Rhino is able to gore him or keeps attempting to then the horn comes into question. If it involves fists, then yes Colossus is more durable and it will come in handy. Also, Colossus had a gaping hole in his chest when blasted across San Francisco from a celestial probe and he was leaking blood energy. He eventually turned into the Juggernaut when Magik found him but he seemed to be out of the fight for a brief time. So if Rhino does gore him and it penetrates him, it seems Colossus could fight long enough or at least use that close ranged to halt him and use it to get in close for an attack. Not saying he will purposely let himself get gored but he will fight back if he does manage to and he is right next to Rhino's face.

What was colossus condition? Did the wound taking a toll (like was he having trouble standing from blood loss or anything like that?) or was he walking around and able to do things he was normally? If he is able to do things like he would normally after getting impaled then he will probably win as I don't see rhino winning a slug fest with him but if the wound does hinder him maybe it might give rhino an edge. The wound does give rhino an area to hit which will make his punches hurt more (Rhino may not be smart but I don't think he would need to be to know that).

It will play a part. As mentioned they are in a desert where both are quite heavy and it should technically make it a bit harder for Rhino to charge. In return it will be the same for Colossus to dodge but if set right with Rhino coming at him from 200 feet away, I don't see why he would just stand there. He may prefer brawling but he isn't Rhino level dumb. He could potentially thunderclap the ground to split it and potentially throw Rhino off if he chooses to do so.

He might not stand there but would he thunder clap the ground in character off the bat? I was thinking he would just probably charge at rhino. He might not try to get stabbed but he might be less likely to dodge since he doesn't know about the horn being able to pierce thor. He might not think that the horn will penetrate and might let rhino get in close which could end with him getting penetrated.

To be fair, Colossus hasn't won many notable fights himself. Colossus' fighting skills is more appealing on paper and most of his notable skill feats are very vast and seem to be done more during when he was like classic, classic. Like on paper (bio handbook) Colossus is supposed to use judo and wrestling tactics. But he mainly just does punch things. As far as skill feats go like back in the day, h employed some acrobatics into his fighting style like flip kicking the Juggernaut and I believe there was an X-Men one shot (more recent) where it was set back in the younger days and he was doing some bob and weave tactics against the Hulk and got him with a giant swing wrestling move IIRC.

He does sound more skilled then rhino based off of this. I suppose that might give him the edge needed. If he does dodge rhinos initial charge then he will probably win. He is stronger and more durable so rhino doesn't have much of a chance against colossus in a slug fest.

#21 Posted by ripcurl (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Rhino used to be in the 30-40 ton range?

Why would Marvel make such a horrible character so powerful...

#22 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ripcurl said:

Didn't the Rhino used to be in the 30-40 ton range?

Why would Marvel make such a horrible character so powerful...

He's probably in the 50 ton range and still is, but it's not only his strength that makes him powerful, he is also fast and very durable. His hide is virtually impenetrable, even by adamantium claws. His only weakness was his face, but I think they've found away to compensate for that weakness. Every now and then he would wear a full protective mask like the scans on page 1.

#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37307 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Not bad but do you recall if it was a combat scenario? I'm not saying colossus is dumb I just don't know of him resorting to tactics in a fight. I believe him main course of action in a fight is to slug it out with bricks correct?

I have no clue. I even said I didn't know if I am even remembering it right. It could be something I read from a wiki, an issue, a user or any of the sort. I can't pinpoint an actual detail. It's a moot point for now I guess since I can't come up with something.

What was colossus condition? Did the wound taking a toll (like was he having trouble standing from blood loss or anything like that?) or was he walking around and able to do things he was normally? If he is able to do things like he would normally after getting impaled then he will probably win as I don't see rhino winning a slug fest with him but if the wound does hinder him maybe it might give rhino an edge. The wound does give rhino an area to hit which will make his punches hurt more (Rhino may not be smart but I don't think he would need to be to know that).

I just checked the comic. It did take a toll based off his commentary. The probe blasted him across San Fran, ripped a hole in his chest to where you could fit both arms in and it cracked him further along his torso away from the hole. Magik arrived while he was sitting there asked him if he was alright and he said no, not alright enough and that he needs to become the Juggernaut. Depending how you take it it seemed he either wouldn't have been able to fight or he needed the Juggernaut's power which, IMO, would have been the more likely option since they were facing against the Dreaming Celestial's probes and just one did that to him and he came back and smashed a bunch. I might retract the statement until I go over the times he was pierced (not broken, cause he has had his arms snapped before) which the only other one I can recall is Wolverine goes to Hell. I know he beat Colossus and gutted him.

He might not stand there but would he thunder clap the ground in character off the bat? I was thinking he would just probably charge at rhino. He might not try to get stabbed but he might be less likely to dodge since he doesn't know about the horn being able to pierce thor. He might not think that the horn will penetrate and might let rhino get in close which could end with him getting penetrated.

He might in a scenario or two considering he sees this massive guy in a rhino suit charging him. I think he could put 2 and 2 together. Plus, Piotr is generally pretty level headed in fights. He may not use a lot of strategy but has in times when necessary like when tried fighting Spider-Man and used the t-clap. I'd mainly see him try and either side step or grab Rhino by the horn or head or neck or shoulder, some area where he can push and keep the horn away or at least where it might only be his hand that gets gored at the most. Colossus does have a decent sized strength gap over Rhino considering he 100 tonner so that is a possibility.

Pete does have the skill edge. That and coupled with his strength should be enough IMO. Rhino's gore could gain him a few wins.

Moderator Online
#24 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
Colossus.
#25 Posted by nickthedevil (11581 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Rhino's chances here.

#26 Posted by HellionVulcan (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus as i doubt colossus is gonna let Rhino's horn hit him plus in a fight colossus hand to hand just slaughters him .

#27 Posted by spiderpool94 (467 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Colossus, he is much smarter than Rhino, or rather, Rhino is far more stupid.

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus.

#29 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

If I'm not mistaken, the strength range of current Rhino with his suit on now overlaps with normal Colossus' range on the low end so it's not gonna be much of a factor.

Colossus will have to close the gap and keep it closed to win here using his superior h2h skills, either with consecutive strikes in swift succession or knocking Rhino out by grappling.

Rhino has the advantage in an open desert with a clear line of sight. He doesn't have to worry about running into anything but his target and there's near limitless room to move. He can just keep charging with his greater moving speed. If he impales Colossus clean in the chest or back, he can raise him off the ground where he'll have no leverage and let him bleed out.

If Colossus can tag Rhino in mid-charge, perhaps knocking him off his feet, and keep him close to work his offense for even a couple of seconds, I can see this easily going Colossus' way.

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17261 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll give this one to rhino

#31 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6953 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to bump this because the debate seemed to be going well for a bit there.

#32 Posted by MasterKungFu (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino

#33 Edited by SuperStar_sketcher (1385 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterkungfu said:

Rhino

Didnt colossus try to over power the hulk? His strategy will be his undoing.

#34 Posted by dondave (34339 posts) - - Show Bio

Piotr

#35 Posted by Detrolord (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

Man if colossus is stupid enough to get him impaled rhino wins

If Colossus is smart enough to not just charge Colossus win

#36 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus. A better and more intelligent fighter.

#37 Posted by Joygirl (18479 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: Colossus, bub. He's stronger, more durable, more skilled, smarter, and doesn't have a glaring weakness (his face). Rhino's only advantage is movement speed and it won't save him here.

#38 Edited by Wolverine08 (38548 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Rhino's kind of outclassed here.

#39 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Rhino's kind of outclassed here.

I agree with Colosuss winning. He fought Juggernaut. He held his own and lost quickly only because some rubble fell on him IIRC

#40 Posted by XiiX (7421 posts) - - Show Bio