No Caption Provided
Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sufferthorn

If Anakin beats Dooku, you have no chance in hell of convincing Revan-worshipers that he loses this.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShootingNova

@ShadowKing: Mismatch. Dooku stomps in saber combat and they have a similar level of Force Power, though Dooku would still be superior.

@Sufferthorn: Really means nothing if Revan has no feats better than Anakin's.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sethlol

Revan should win.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Sethlol said:

Revan should win.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XiiX

Dooku.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sufferthorn

@ShootingNova:

Rofl....i'm sure he has tons of feats better than Anakins.

Go find a Revan lore-buff, tell him Dooku wins, and i'll watch while he bombards you.

If you can manage to prove that Dooku is superior, then i'll be impressed.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hyperlight

im with revan... anakin didnt become a boss until his late vader years. revan is a grown man and had had more vast experices than anakin. and anakin beat dooku( i think dooku lost because he underestimated him)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Dooku

If someone had made this thread a few months ago I probably would have said Revan but it dawned on me (surprisingly slowly) that Revan isn't as powerful as many think he is. Don't get me wrong, he is powerful but not as powerful as I might have hoped...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Silver2467

Dooku SLAUGHTERHOUSE. Faster, more powerful, vastly better duelist.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By jobiwankenobi

From what I've heard, Revan has a lack of feats to be accurately put into a battle.

Even though he's cooler and more badass.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By Xanni15

@jobiwankenobi: I always liked Dooku more, he was elegant and professional.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShootingNova

@Sufferthorn said:

Then why don't you list them? That's right...... because he has NONE.

Go find a Revan lore-buff, tell him Dooku wins, and i'll watch while he bombards you.

I don't need one. JXM and I are one of those already. Both of us have already read the novel and played KotOR, KotOR II (which tells more of his backstory) and TOR. The greatest SW buff here, Silver, has already stated Dooku certainly wins, and STOMPS.

@Silver2467 said:

Dooku SLAUGHTERHOUSE. Faster, more powerful, vastly better duelist.

So.... yeah.

I don't know what you need.......

Revan has fought with about equal speed to the Imperial Guard, who are no match for Sith Lords or Jedi Masters (they are simply warriors with either no or little Force sensitivity, connection and training):

Still, the slight stumble gave Revan enough time to draw his lightsaber and go on the offensive. He came in with a high, overhand chop - anobvious feintmeant to draw the defenses of his opponent upward, leaving his legs exposed to a quick follow-up strike. The guardrecognized the familiar ploy, countering it by parrying the overhand chop then quickly dropping his blade low to intercept the inevitable slash at his legs.

-- Taken from The Old Republic: Revan

Clearly, Revan only had the advantage because he was using an obvious feint to fool others, and then take advantage of them believing that they knew the feint when they didn't know the true feint.

And Dooku has moved faster than an experienced, legendary Jedi Master:

The two droids fired at Obi-Wan, but he batted their fired energy bolts back at them and cut them down as he moved fast for Dooku. Unfortunately, Dooku moved faster, extending his left hand toward Obi-Wan as he used the Force to lift the Jedi off his feet while at the same time constricting his throat.

--Taken from The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

So Dooku is obviously much faster, as Silver himself has said.

Dooku has much more skill in duelling, again, Silver himself has said so. Dooku's duelling skill was great enough to contend (partially) with Yoda and has defeated Windu (Windu was not in his prime, but still), defeat Grievous through pure duelling and easily overpower Ventress, who has time and again given trouble to far more experienced and prodigious duelists like Anakin and Obi-Wan. Revan has defeated Malak, who lost to Mandalore, a featless non-Force sensitive (at least I believe this was the case, I haven't directly read it but I have seen a picture of him overpowered at Mandalore's feet, and I do know Malak has improved greatly since then and was amped by the Star Forge, but Malak is otherwise featless).

Revan also has no strength feats (at least, absolutely none of value as he couldn't overpower a lone Imperial Guard).

Dooku has held his own (despite buckling) against the force of a meteor strike.

Skywalker was all over him. The shining blue lightsaber whirled and spat and every overhand chop crashed against Dooku's defense with the unstoppable power of a meteor strike; the Sith Lord spent lavishly of his reserve of the Force merely to meet these attacks without being cut in half, and Skywalker—Skywalker was getting stronger.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

So we have come to the conclusion that in duelling, Dooku stomps.

Now for mastery of the Force. This is much closer, there is no stomp here, truthfully, but no matter who wins in this (which is most likely, in fact almost definitely, Dooku by an average margin), Dooku's stomping in a saber fight turns the game in his favour immediately anyways.

To be honest, Revan has done nothing impressive in the Force without circumstances. He has surprised Nyriss, hence why he was able to redirect her Lightning. Without that, he was unable to do anything against Vitiate's Force Storm (yes, I know Vitiate's lightning is much more powerful than Dooku's). But it wasn't just that. Vitiate's lightning (without Force Storm) is not that great at all:

The Emperor unleashed three more bolts in quick succession. Revan batted the first aside with his lightsaber, ducked the second, then deflected the third back at its source.

It struck the Emperor in the chest, sending him sliding several meters back on the floor.

Yet Revan was unable to ever redirect it, in fact, it was enough to stop him dead while he was charging:

Revan intercepted the bolt with the blade of his lightsaber, though the impact stopped his charge dead in its tracks.

Which again, also relates to the above point of Revan's pitiful physical strength.

Dooku has overpowered Ventress, AotC Anakin, Sora Bulq and so on with his Lightning. Goes far beyond whatever Revan has done with Lightning, and yes, I am aware that it can be deflected by a lightsaber, but we are discussing Force mastery here.

For TK, Revan's best feat was opening large, durasteel doors. Two Imperial Guards (while they were grunting with exertion) were able to open said doors, so it's not that impressive. Dooku has knocked Grievous to the ground, lifted/hurled boulders, utilized a form of levitation, telekinetically sent Quinlan Vos flying, and so on. All of which is much better than what Revan has done. Revan hasn't been able to send a single Imperial Guard flying, merely force him back (perhaps stumble) one step, yes, I do realize that Guard was drawing upon Vitiate's power, but it was a sole Guard and it would have most likely been no more than a minute fraction of Vitiate's power, especially granted how many other Guards there was outside the throne room.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said:

has defeated Windu (Windu was not in his prime, but still)

Not sure what makes you think Mace was not as his peak, but everything in the timeline suggests he was.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467 said:

@ShootingNova said:

has defeated Windu (Windu was not in his prime, but still)

Not sure what makes you think Mace was not as his peak, but everything in the timeline suggests he was.

I was making a reference to when Dooku was still a Jedi. But if he was in his prime, then that's even better. Dooku stomps harder.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sufferthorn

@ShootingNova:

ROFL. Don't rage at me dude.

I'm not the Revan-Worshiper, i'm just "the end is neigh" preacher. Just saying, you will be unable to withstand their fanboyism.

And telling me to name facts when i already admitted not knowing much about Revan....that's not...gonna happen....DUH.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShootingNova

@Sufferthorn: An ad interim delay is not going to help you. Admit defeat. You have no comebacks, no rebuttals, your point is lost. There has been no Revan fanboys thus far (in fact, you could call me one), and it's pointless anyways since we all know fanboyism has absolutely no value. And I was not raging at you, so don't try to hide yourself.

And telling me to name facts when i already admitted not knowing much about Revan....that's not...gonna happen....DUH.

And an ad hoc response will not save you either. You clearly said:

Plus this:

Which you clearly failed to uphold.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sufferthorn

@ShootingNova:

Defeat? I'm not fighting.

I would like to see you tear a hole through the Revanites.....they are more annoying than Storm-fans..... But arguing with me isn't going to do that.

By saying i'm sure he has more feats, that means and/or implies that I don't actually know if he does....but all the constant worship of him seems to suggest that he would.

But hey! If you wanna assume i'm a revan-fan, then go ahead! I'll be here..laughing.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@Sufferthorn: LOL... what? I never assumed you were a Revan fanboy, clearly it's shown you are nowhere close. But believing, partially believing or being influenced in belief by a Revan fanboy who knows nothing of actual SW lore puts you on their level.

The Revanites are actually a bunch of Revan-followers/addicts in SW lore (introduced in TOR), residing on Dromund Kaas.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sufferthorn

@ShootingNova:

I'm on their level eh?

The point is....I don't believe you or anyone else.

You could go on for hours showing me endless "proof" of Dooku's superiority. I would only continue to roll my eyes.

Why do I deny your logic and reasoning you ask? Well...

1: I do not know what a Revanite would do to counter your points. Thereby making it difficult to see whether or not there are flaws in your argument, leaving me with the option either to take your word for it....or....to remain neutral, putting me as you put it, on "their level"

2: Any proof you would have, I would barely understand, I have never really read a Star Wars writing/novel or even a comic(except the early 70s-80s series) outside of the Movies, I simply find it entertaining to watch the debates.

3: Considering the last two points, I would want to see what a true Star Wars buff siding with Revan would have to say about it, to evaluate the amount of "wiggle room" there is in both sides of the debate.

So no, you will not convince me....nor will anyone else. But I simply assume(perhaps falsely) that Revan is the Batman of Star Wars. Therefore....it is difficult to argue whether he would lose or not.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShootingNova

@Sufferthorn: There is no true SW buff siding with Revan, because any true buff would side with Dooku. Our truest buff has already said Dooku stomps, if you don't want to believe me, then don't. I don't really have any form of concern. You honestly had nothing to do in this thread. You claim not to know anything. Revan is not the Batman of Star Wars, clearly you have been affected in some way. But there is no point in debating with you, because there is nothing to gain (or anything the public gains) from doing so. So clearly, I don't know what you are doing in this thread but you were obviously trolling/baiting/lying earlier on, especially with this:

Which should be impossible granted how you are oblivious to everything that is being said.

The point is....I don't believe you or anyone else.

Which simply contradicts yourself because you claimed to want to see what a Revan fanboy would do to try an "counter" my argument. So you don't want to.

This also means you don't believe yourself..... we don't need to continue.

Therefore....it is difficult to argue whether he would lose or not.

It's not difficult if you have sufficient resources. Deludingly, fallaciously making up random ad hoc points is useless. Assume whatever you want, but if you really have nothing of value to say here I suggest that you leave this thread.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sufferthorn

@ShootingNova:

Cool Story bro.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@Sufferthorn: Indeed. Now leave this thread in peace before you get flagged (in fact I'm already considering doing this already). Don't post on threads if you have nothing to contribute or ask for. The end.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sufferthorn

@ShootingNova:

Okay.....exactly what would justify flagging me on this thread? You are the one who replied to me, and started arguing towards me even when I had immediately admitted that I did not have the knowledge of Revan or Maul's feats that you may have.

Even when I admitted this, you continued to throw your dogma at me, expecting me to believe your conjecture(although it may be true).

I am about as justified flagging you on this thread, as you are me. Threatening me here will do nothing, if you want this to end, stop replying to the futile argument you started.

I mean Hell, if the Terminator_Fan doesn't get banned, how the hell do you expect to get me in trouble by flagging me just because I'M NOT CONVINCED by YOUR argument.

Simply. Don't reply to this post.....and that will be it. Not that I have any intention of replying back should you reply to it.

Have the last word if you want I guess. But it's meaningless.

The. End. As you put it.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By steelhound56

Dooku stomps this fight.

Revan is certainly in Dooku's league Force Power wise, but he is little more than an average Master level duelist.

Dooku was considered one of the best swordsmen in the galaxy when the Jedi Order was in it's prime.

Saber Duel: Dooku wrecks him in about 2 minutes or less. He is faster, more precise, and possesses an immense advantage in skill that Revan cannot overcome.

Force battle: A little closer, but Dooku has been shown to be able to deflect his own Lightning (AOTC fight with Yoda), and possesses considerable power and skill with TK. Dooku has experience as both Jedi Master and Sith Lord, something the two have in common. Dooku being the more experienced (older) of the two will likely have the advantage in knowledge of the Force. Being one of the most revered Masters of the Order before leaving it, my opinion is that Dooku was very strong in the Force along with being a master duelist. After a medium length fight, Revan goes down.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShootingNova

@steelhound56 said:

Dooku stomps this fight.

Revan is certainly in Dooku's league Force Power wise, but he is little more than an average Master level duelist.

Dooku was considered one of the best swordsmen in the galaxy when the Jedi Order was in it's prime.

Saber Duel: Dooku wrecks him in about 2 minutes or less. He is faster, more precise, and possesses an immense advantage in skill that Revan cannot overcome.

Force battle: A little closer, but Dooku has been shown to be able to deflect his own Lightning (AOTC fight with Yoda), and possesses considerable power and skill with TK. Dooku has experience as both Jedi Master and Sith Lord, something the two have in common. Dooku being the more experienced (older) of the two will likely have the advantage in knowledge of the Force. Being one of the most revered Masters of the Order before leaving it, my opinion is that Dooku was very strong in the Force along with being a master duelist. After a medium length fight, Revan goes down.

This. Saber duel.... most duels don't even last a minute, but regardless, Dooku definitely wins.

@Sufferthorn: Not really. I believe as of rules, you should only post for a justified reason, not just for nothing and to troll or whatever. And you have posted nothing of value, so I don't know what your business is here.

But, like we both said, don't bother to reply to this. Continuing this is off-topic and meaningless.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dooku wins easily.He is a much better duelist,faster,more precise and much more refined.Dooku can also go toe to toe with Revan in a Force battle with maybe a slight edge for Dooku.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people can stop the senseless ramming of the "Spite Revan" train into Mt. "I don't give a Phock". Just keep quiet, wait and enjoy Shadow of Revan and let us see if he actually dies this time around and we can go "Well that was fun".

Loading Video...

They already pretty much tell us that Satele and Darth Marr can't take him, and he's going to be an Op Boss, so hopefully this all gets concluded in an enjoyable manner that doesn't have them respawning him later with clones like Sidious because they can't think of any other interesting villains.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even split, maybe Tyranus due to skill.

On the other hand, either Satele or Marr would lose to Dooku anyways for lack of notable skill feats, but if Revan ends up getting tremendous feats from this expansion (which could very well be the case) I'd be fine with placing him above the likes of Tyranus. But with his current showings, I stand by my current assessment.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DarthManhunter

Im going to bump this, because I was wondering if Revan expansion showed anything cool if anyone has played it. unfortunately I have yet too. Does it change the tide of this battle?

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im going to bump this, because I was wondering if Revan expansion showed anything cool if anyone has played it. unfortunately I have yet too. Does it change the tide of this battle?

Revan stomps with his new feats.

there was a sequence of him beating a force vision of yoda

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Count, hes too fffaaannnnccccyyy for Revan.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Revan stomps he's been trained in both sides of the force

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku is a top-tier Force adept and lightsaber duelist. He's not going down easily, if at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can see Revan winning just due to the versatility and utility his array of Force powers give him.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont have many Revan Duelist feats, so I would say Dooku wins, but stomp in force on Revan's side.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Dooku in all three

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Still the Count.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan stomps he's been trained in both sides of the force

LOL. So has Dooku. He has been a Jedi and a Sith and why is that relevant? Who trained in what can only offer so much.

As for the battle, Revan has more versatility and raw power in the Force, Dooku has more refinement, whatever that's worth, and is superior in every other category like speed, skill ability to think on his feat and create tactics mid-combat and such.
I'm backing the good Count for a majority.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Revan, his Force abilities as Reborn are insane more impressive than anything Dooku done. Though Dooku is the better duelist.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan, his Force abilities as Reborn are insane more impressive than anything Dooku done. Though Dooku is the better duelist.

This.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Xargo

@sufferthorn: your right revan is the batman of star wars.. in the sense thats he's overrated cancer thats not capable of half of what people say he is

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wanna tyranus but could someone make clear all the feats of revans powers because they don't sound like much, even if tyranus' tutiminus isn't enough to stop revans force lightning his blade can still absorb the current tyranus' force barriers and telekinetic defence is on higher tier I'm already convinced tyranus is the better dualist

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

In light of Dooku's newly discovered feat, I think a bump is warranted.

I'll back the Count just to play Devil's Advocate.

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoR Revan's power is too much for Dooku tbh.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As embarrassing as my initial posts were, I'm willing to stay here and see what arguments will come out of this.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In light of Dooku's newly discovered feat, I think a bump is warranted.

I'll back the Count just to play Devil's Advocate.

I'm aware this is a month old, but what "newly discovered" feat are you talking about?

Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

I've been hearing something about Dooku manipulating and throwing a cruiser although it was on a Nexus.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers