Revan (Shadow of Revan) vs Emperor Vitiate

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We know Revan fought Vitiate once before and he lost. However, Revan was just getting over years of torture and was still working drugs out of his system. I want to know this, if Revan, at the height of his power (as he's seen in Shadow of Revan), would have been able to defeat Vitiate.

Vitiate: Stronger in the Force (due to rituals and other unnatural means)

Revan: Comparably strong in the Force, far superior lightsaber and physical combatant.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Emperor is the dark side incarnate. You wouldn't stand a chance."

--Emperor's Wrath, Shadow of Revan

"...The Emperor will prove far too powerful for Revan, or anyone else."

--Darth Marr, Shadow of Revan

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darthbane77

@cs_zoltan: Revan did come close to defeating Vitiate when they fought. Which is why I think Revan might stand a chance at his full power.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77 said:

@cs_zoltan: Revan did come close to defeating Vitiate when they fought. Which is why I think Revan might stand a chance at his full power.

He didn't, he got stomped. If not for Meetra he'd be long dead.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: He came within striking distance of Vitiate, was able to redirect Vitiate's lightning and was able to unleash a wave of Force energy that sent the Emperor flying backwards, all while recovering from being drugged and tortured for years. I'm not saying Revan would definitely win against Vitiate, but Revan would definitely stand a chance at his full power, as he was in SoR.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: scourge thought that revan even while weak would have a 50% chance of defeating vitiate. Scourge didn't want to take the risk so he betrayed him. Full power revan? Throws vitiates lightning and life drain back at him.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: I'm not saying Revan would definitely win against Vitiate, but Revan would definitely stand a chance at his full power, as he was in SoR.

Except everyone in SoR said that Revan wouldn't stand a chance...

Aren't you the guy who also made the Revan vs Sidious thread? You should really re-evaluate where you think Revan stands.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: I did make the Revan vs Sidious thread. I have come to understand the full scope of Sidious' power recently and realize that Sidious would probbaly take Revan down (albeit with some effort), but Sidious would win. Though I still think it would be a good fight. Now, Revan vs Vitiate is different, as Vitiate isn't as skilled with a blade and doesn't have as wide a knowledge base as Sidious (though I think Vitiate is pretty close to Sidious in terms of raw power). I just want to know if SoR Revan would have been able to kill the Emperor during their duel on Dromund Kaas. Revan is one of history's most powerful beings ever, bested only by Sidious, GM Luke, and Abeloth, I believe that SoR Revan could have taken Vitiate.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: I did make the Revan vs Sidious thread. I have come to understand the full scope of Sidious' power recently and realize that Sidious would probbaly take Revan down (albeit with some effort), but Sidious would win. Though I still think it would be a good fight. Now, Revan vs Vitiate is different, as Vitiate isn't as skilled with a blade and doesn't have as wide a knowledge base as Sidious (though I think Vitiate is pretty close to Sidious in terms of raw power). I just want to know if SoR Revan would have been able to kill the Emperor during their duel on Dromund Kaas. Revan is one of history's most powerful beings ever, bested only by Sidious, GM Luke, and Abeloth, I believe that SoR Revan could have taken Vitiate.

1. No he can't beat Vitiate.

2. Those aren't the only people who can beat Revan, not even close if you include entities.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: Entities like the Son, Daughter, and Father I don't include as they're more powerful than even GM Luke, it's obvious that Revan can't beat them, if GM Luke can't beat them then nobody can.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: Entities like the Son, Daughter, and Father I don't include as they're more powerful than even GM Luke, it's obvious that Revan can't beat them, if GM Luke can't beat them then nobody can.

Abeloth > The Son and The Daughter...

Anyhow, Yoda can beat him too, and Talzin, Caedus, Krayt, probably Vader and Starkiller too.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthbane77

@cs_zoltan: Yoda isn't all he's cracked up to be, he was actually a poor duelist, only relying on Ataru (he couldn't effectively use anything else). Talzin was powerful but not incredibly, Caedus I might give some room on, though I still believe Revan would win (that would be a close fight though), Vader no because Revan knows everything Vader knows, is easily Vader's equal as a duelist and has lightning powerful enough to fry Vader, and Starkiller isn't as powerful as he seems (read the books, they're a much better depiction of Starkiller than the games).

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By TheVivas

Revan isn't beating Vitiate.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: Yoda isn't all he's cracked up to be, he was actually a poor duelist, only relying on Ataru (he couldn't effectively use anything else). Talzin was powerful but not incredibly, Caedus I might give some room on, though I still believe Revan would win (that would be a close fight though), Vader no because Revan knows everything Vader knows, is easily Vader's equal as a duelist and has lightning powerful enough to fry Vader, and Starkiller isn't as powerful as he seems (read the books, they're a much better depiction of Starkiller than the games).

No Caption Provided

Stop watching Jensaarai videos. Yoda is the best duelist up until his time. The only one who might be better than him is Luke.

Your Revan wank is noted, but you are wrong.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: I can't help it if Yoda wasn't as great a duelist as everybody make him out to be. He was only able to use Ataru effectively due to his small stature, he couldn't use most of the other forms, other than simple ones like Niman. Jensaarai is wrong about a lot of things, but Yoda's skill as a duelist isn't one of them. Yoda was skilled yes, but he's far from the great master people like you make him out to be. I freely admit now that Revan doesn't beat Sidious, or Vitiate. But on the subject of Yoda, he IS NOT as skilled a duelist as you think he is.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cs_zoltan

@darthbane77 said:

@cs_zoltan: I can't help it if Yoda wasn't as great a duelist as everybody make him out to be. He was only able to use Ataru effectively due to his small stature, he couldn't use most of the other forms, other than simple ones like Niman. Jensaarai is wrong about a lot of things, but Yoda's skill as a duelist isn't one of them. Yoda was skilled yes, but he's far from the great master people like you make him out to be. I freely admit now that Revan doesn't beat Sidious, or Vitiate. But on the subject of Yoda, he IS NOT as skilled a duelist as you think he is.

I don't really care much about your opinion (or Jensaarai's) when official sources confirm Yoda to be the best duelist. You can think whatever you want in your personal head-canon for all I care, Yoda is still the best.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darthbane77

@cs_zoltan: The canon says that he was the best of his time, not the best of all time. Yoda was highly skilled but he could only do so much, due to the restrictions of the form he used, Yoda's mastery of all 7 forms is impressive but mostly academic, as because of his physical size and stature, he was unable to use most of the other forms.

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cs_zoltan

@darthbane77 said:

@cs_zoltan: The canon says that he was the best of his time, not the best of all time. Yoda was highly skilled but he could only do so much, due to the restrictions of the form he used, Yoda's mastery of all 7 forms is impressive but mostly academic, as because of his physical size and stature, he was unable to use most of the other forms.

Master Yoda is reputed to be the greatest lightsaber master ever.

—The Approaching Storm

Not to mention Yoda officially being superior to Windu and Dooku, who have accolades like:

Jedi Master Mace Windu is regarded as one of the greatest lightsaber-wielders of the Old Republic.

—The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded

His [Dooku's] prowess was both exceptional and deadly, and many regarded him as one of the greatest warriors in the history of the Order.

—Star Wars Fact File #68

And Mace being superior to Agen and Kit and Saesee, who are:

Mace and Agen and Kit and Saesee - four of the greatest swordsmen our Order has ever produced.

—Revenge of the Sith

So yeah Yoda would wreck literally everyone in a lightsaber duel beside Sidious and Luke.

Sidious06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77:Lol, so Yoda being less effective with other forms than with Ataru somehow makes him a bad duelist? Even if that's a true thing, it means he's still a master at Ataru, and it doesn't change anything about his feats either. You know, like dueling against Dooku until the latter flees, or like fighting Sidious on fairly even ground. Twice.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sidious06: I never said he was a bad duelist, just that he wasn't quite as good as people make him out to be.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan:

I concede the point, I wasn't aware of the canon's statements on Yoda's abilities. I assumed that people like Jensaarai and Evannova know what they're talking about. That being said, I think there were duelists that, while not as skilled, had other abilities that would allow them to compete with Yoda.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is with these people stroking Jen's thoughts on Yoda? Yoda is amongst the most powerful blademasters in the Star Wars mythos, no ands, ifs or buts. Tied to Sidious, Luke and Caedus.

On topic: Vitiate and mismatch.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which iteration of Vitiate?

Peak Revan should be able to beat the Novel version and the weakened SWTOR voice in difficult fights

Any other version he dies though imo

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By noobsnowman

The only versions of Vitiate I see that loses to Revan is the weakened voice that faced HoT on Act 3, and before he absorbed the power of 8000 Sith Lords.

TOR Vitiate should still beat SOR Revan in a decent fight.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By laflux

Yoda primarily using Ataru is smart, not a limiter on his skill. Styles like Juyo and Djem So require strength, and due to Yoda's small size and stature, he'd need to put more force augmentation to make those styles viable.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan:

I concede the point, I wasn't aware of the canon's statements on Yoda's abilities. I assumed that people like Jensaarai and Evannova know what they're talking about.

This is exactly why I started adding sources to my videos.

I don't care what anyone says via a Versus Video, Battle Board, or Death Battle. These people, including myself, create editorials, not canon. Always source check.

The great thing about this board is that is very easy to check up on sources. It's very easy to decipher between opinion and conjecture versus fact and truth.

On topic with this match up. Which version of Vitiate are we using?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

buddy, yoda and gm luke can take sidious, everyone else gets beat with no effort anakin at his power with mortis takes him and everyone and the star wars galaxy at the same time

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LondonBFR

@noobsnowman said:

Yoda is amongst the most powerful blademasters in the Star Wars mythos, no ands, ifs or buts. Tied to Sidious, Luke and Caedus.

lel. So far you're the only person who shares this opinion.

Draukin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

revan gets stomped. again...

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@londonbfr: Except that Caedus has feats that puts him on Yoda's level.

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@londonbfr: Except that Caedus has feats that puts him on Yoda's level.

You lost twice on this argument.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By noobsnowman

@londonbfr: Saying "Pfft is that all you got" was a pitiful reply and by ignoring outright feats that Caedus managed to react to Luke's speed, I accepted your concession.

For the record, it is you who lost this debate, and it wasn't close.

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LondonBFR

@noobsnowman said:

@londonbfr: Saying "Pfft is that all you got" was a pitiful reply and I already accepted your concession then.

The idea is you're actually meant to counter points with better post quality then the opposition, which you failed to do and miserably so. As for Caedus; getting stomped by Luke isn't Yoda level worthy.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By noobsnowman

@londonbfr: Except that my post quality is vastly superior to yours, and Caedus didn't get stomped by Luke. Try again.

If you are trying to bash Caedus, you are doing a pitiful job. Because Kun dies.

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@londonbfr: At least its more credible than your fanfics.

LondonBFR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vitiate: Stronger in the Force (due to rituals and other unnatural means)

Revan: Comparably strong in the Force, far superior lightsaber and physical combatant.

Dat OP objectivity, tho.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

got em.

On topic Vitiate

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cs_zoltan

Why was this even bumped?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cs_zoltan: Cause kbroskywalker above is going on his "Yoda and Sidious > Vitiate" campaign again, even though only one of those characters is in this thread, as well as his wanking of full potential Anakin. He did the same thing in two other year old threads.

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan beats Novel Vitiate at least.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: This is Vitiate in the novel and game. Not Valkorion, as Valkorion is somewhat weaker than his Vitiate form. Arcann says that in KOTFE.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Yoda wasn't capable of taking Sidious. The ROTS novelization states that Yoda couldn't defeat Sidious.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kbroskywalker: Yoda wasn't capable of taking Sidious. The ROTS novelization states that Yoda couldn't defeat Sidious.

star wars the clone wars shows yoda overpowering sidious with tutaminis(in a sith ritual), the junoir novelization potrayed a tie, and the script said "sidious was doomed"

regardless at the very least yoda matched sidious for a long time, before exhaustion(due to being on the wrong side of 900) and revan would be destroyed instantly by sidious as would anyone not named gm luke or yoda

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By darthbane77

@kbroskywalker: I disagree. But you aren't exactly being objective in this thread. All you've been doing is saying "only GM Luke and Yoda can beat Sidious" and "full potential Anakin is the best". Anakin never reached his full potential, so there goes that argument (which never even came up in the first place), and there are several people who could take Sidious and defeat him. Yoda is not among them.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darthbane77

@thevivas: So he does this often then. Can I ignore him then, seems like he's just trolling.