Revan and Meetra vs Obi Wan and Anakin

• 79 results
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@indiecomicsftw: It's still canon, but if you just wanna go specific aspects then alright not stopping.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@indiecomicsftw: Not blown out of proportion their just that fast. Team 2 wins

No Caption Provided

Its easy to say that of course. Fanboys with no real legit arguments say that all the time pretty much :)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#53  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@indiecomicsftw: I've had this discussion with you before and I'm not having it again. I want no part in your usual "war" against fictional characters.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: I've had this discussion with you before and I'm not having it again. I want no part in your usual "war" against fictional characters.

Its cool, and I do not blame ya.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: No, I have an argument but your just going to deny deny deny, so why bother.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: No, I have an argument but your just going to deny deny deny, so why bother.

pretty much, it does not change the facts of the Inconsistencies they have.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@reikai said:
No Caption Provided

Revan never destroyed the Republic.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ShootingNova

The issue with Meetra and Revan is that in the Revan novel, they were not adequately portrayed, especially Meetra, who had a number of her traits completely ignored. Neither of their power levels were what anybody would expect them to be anyways.

Since we can deduct that team 2 would win every time, I will just analyze each individual matchups to pass the time and for informational sake.

Anakin vs Revan - Anakin would win every time. He is just stronger, faster, more accomplished as a swordsman, and more powerful. Revan has superior emotional control and Force mastery/skill, but this doesn't really matter on the account of Anakin's sheer strength and power outstripping Revan's by a significant margin.

Anakin vs Meetra - Anakin would again win every time. He retains his speed, strength, skill and power advantage as above. Meetra has no power feats to suggest she could hang with Anakin at all, and her ambiguous physical traits aren't doing her a favor.

Obi-Wan vs Revan - Obi-Wan's fights would be more interesting and closer simply because he doesn't possess Anakin's sheer strength or power, is not as fast, and is not as skilled, not to mention utilizing a more defensive stance. Regarding the Force, Revan's feats are as good as anything Obi-Wan has ever shown, so the only real disparity here is the physical one, in which Obi-Wan does exceed Revan but not by a significant margin, and because of his defensive form, the fight would be more protracted, although Obi-Wan should still win a solid majority, but it would be a good fight, unlike Anakin's matchups.

Obi-Wan vs Meetra - Again, this would be a good fight, but Obi-Wan should still win almost every time. Meetra's esoteric usages of the Force are superior, but most of that doesn't help in a fight. In raw physical combat, Obi-Wan takes a slight lead. Between defeating Ventress and Grievous (the latter of which was also because of his form), repeatedly outfighting Magnaguards, sparring evenly with Anakin and fighting evenly with Anakin on Mustafar with the aid of several circumstances is better than Meetra's feats, if only marginally. For Meetra, she has outfought Atris, Darth Nihilus (with the help of Visas and Mandalore), repeatedly outfought Darth Sion, outfought Traya in the Trayus Core, outfought Traya's three floating lightsabers, etc. In raw saber skill, I would say Obi-Wan has the advantage, but not necessarily by any sort of large margin. In fact, I might even just argue that Meetra could rival him physically, but Kenobi also has superior telekinetic potency.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@shootingnova: I am actually surprise that Anakin was put higher than Obi Wan.

I assume Obi Wan the superior as he beat Anakin in a lengthy duel when he was holding back (Being a Jedi and friend) vs a blood lusted Anakin with his power not held in check.

Sad the one Novel Revan and Meetra have does them no justice.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Obi-wan was not holding back, and Anakin was the one hindered by emotions. Obi-Wan was technically hindered for a time, but he actually rose up and managed to let go, while Anakin didn't and his arrogance lead to his defeat. Anakin just has better speed feats and has been portrayed as faster by several sources, has much greater strength feats, has better skill feats and is listed by Nick Gillard as a superior duelist, and is far more powerful in the Force when it comes to TK feats.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@shootingnova said:

@indiecomicsftw: Obi-wan was not holding back, and Anakin was the one hindered by emotions. Obi-Wan was technically hindered for a time, but he actually rose up and managed to let go, while Anakin didn't and his arrogance lead to his defeat. Anakin just has better speed feats and has been portrayed as faster by several sources, has much greater strength feats, has better skill feats and is listed by Nick Gillard as a superior duelist, and is far more powerful in the Force when it comes to TK feats.

Better skill? Why should he... I mean yeah he did beat Dooku by himself, but Obi Wan defeated Grievous, Maul, and Anakin himself if Anakin was indeed that much superior in stats. Dang.

Anakin being hindered by emotions makes sense though.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Anakin was an emotional wreck and not in control of anything during that fight. Frankly, Zayne Carrick could've beaten him without much effort there. And neither one is taking Revan. Some people like to ignore the KotoR story because it's not perfectly written in Novel form for them.

Still perfectly states Revan learned Everything the Jedi had to teach, and was the most powerful of the order during his time. And that was before getting involved in the Mandalorian War. He only learned more and become more powerful when turned by Vitiate and became a Sith Lord.

And it took the entire Jedi Council to wipe his memory. And despite having been made to forget all his teachings and abilities he had previously, not only did Revan regain his former Jedi prowess, but by the end Darth Malak flat out states that Revan right then was even more powerful than he'd ever been as the Dark Lord of the Sith. It wasn't until years later when his mask was returned to him that his Psychometry enabled him to read it and thus regain all of his lost memories.

Revan Reborn is a beast. And he already was one as Death Revan, as the One, the leader of the Black Rakata had said that when Revan first came, he killed scores of his people with storms of lightning from his hands.

People think Revan is only average in melee. Thing is he never needed book after book after book to try and prove his proficiency. He's flat out stated to be the best there was in his era. And though Malak was also a top duelist, the first time he challenged Darth Revan over Telos, Revan one-shotted him and lopped his jaw off. Because that was how goddamn Boss he was.

In KotoR2 we have Meetra who masters all Seven Lightsaber Forms and is still considered like a Padawan when next to Revan. Revan gets a lot of flak from haters because BioWare made him out to be the next Luke Skywalker, without the whining or the Biblical BS of being "The Chosen One". He never becomes as op'd as Grandmaster Luke, and that's a damned good thing because it just ruins the story when people have to bend over and take it from Lucas just to make him feel great about himself.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw said:

Better skill? Why should he... I mean yeah he did beat Dooku by himself,

Anakin was listed as a tier 9 combatant by Nick Gillard, while Gillard listed Obi-Wan as tier 8. And Anakin has never legitimately beaten Dooku. He has only won by virtue of Force Rage.

but Obi Wan defeated Grievous, Maul,

Maul was not a legitimate victory. Obi-Wan was losing even when Qui-Gon, who was stated to be a superior duelist than Kenobi, was helping him against Maul, and after Jinn died, Obi-Wan experienced a brief Force Rage that amped his abilities. He was then able to contend with Maul, and still lost. He then won by cheapshotting Maul, and in Battle forum terms, that is PIS. In TCW, Obi-Wan has fought evenly with Maul, but was stomped in the Force.

Grievous was a proper victory, but Obi-Wan had the advantage of Soresu offering him shelter against Grievous's aggressive combat style. That was why the Council chose to send Kenobi in the first place - because he was essentially a perfect counter for Grievous.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dccomicsrule2011: Did you read my post? I think the Force lightning deflection feat is pretty impressive and it's something that's usually overlooked.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: that's a nice break down.

@shootingnova: that's more than I figured. Thanks for the details, this whole time I viewed Anakon as the weaker of the two.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Any time.

@jaken7 said:

Did you read my post? I think the Force lightning deflection feat is pretty impressive and it's something that's usually overlooked.

It was more Tutaminis than Deflection, and Obi-Wan deflecting telekinetic blasts from Anakin is around as good a feat. Nyriss's Lightning has more individual destructive power (mostly because it was also due to heat and electricity, while no such elements exist for telekinesis) but Anakin's telekinesis has larger scope and overall just far more potency. Applying Tutaminis against Lightning in of itself is "a challenge for even the most powerful Jedi Masters", as per The Ultimate Visual Guide, but that's just Tutaminis.

Anakin's raw telekinetic power exceeds Revan's - and I believe that was what DC was trying to get out.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Because Anakin alters the balance of this fight, making a battle pitting Obi-Wan against either of these two would be a fairer and more debatable fight, and there would be more discussion value to be had. This is just a suggestion, of course, but I wouldn't mind you making a thread with Obi-Wan against Meetra. There is already a thread pitting Obi-Wan against Revan.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Interesting. Was what Yoda strained to do against Sidious and Dooku the same sort of thing or different?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Yoda was not strained against Dooku, but Palpatine overpowering Yoda with his Lightning is because his Lightning is simply the most powerful display of Lightning - ahead of Nyriss too. But in short terms, yes, it was Tutaminis, but it was also Deflection.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Because Anakin alters the balance of this fight, making a battle pitting Obi-Wan against either of these two would be a fairer and more debatable fight, and there would be more discussion value to be had. This is just a suggestion, of course, but I wouldn't mind you making a thread with Obi-Wan against Meetra. There is already a thread pitting Obi-Wan against Revan.

I think I will.

WilliamVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, let me try to tackle this. Assuming that this is Obi-Wan and Anakin from Episode III, and Revan and Meetra from the end of the Revan book. Anakin is at his best leading a team. He is also overconfident and arrogant. Look at Episode 3, Anakin lost to Obi- Wan and was manipulated by Palpatine. Revan wouldn’t defeat Anakin through superior power, but through outsmarting him and making him doubt himself. Revan led the Republic to defeat the Mandalorians during the Mandalorian Wars, Meetra was one of his generals and closest friends during that time. In Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan was incapacitated easily by Dooku. If everyone is in character, Revan would probably look at Anakin and see a lot of himself in him. He may even ask if he has emotional attachment. This would most likely put Anakin on edge where Revan would recognize that as a sign that he has a wife. He would probably offer to show Anakin true balance between Light and Dark. Obi Wan might see this as a Sith trick and attempt to attack. Meetra is a good enough duelist to hold Obi Wan back while Revan tried to convince Anakin to become a Gray Jedi in the heat of battle. I believe that Revan could incapacitate Obi Wan quite easily and use it as a way to help Anakin. He may also be able to better help Anakin understand that his vision isn’t a certainty, but just a possible outcome. I don’t think it would be in character for them to fight at first, but for Revan to view Anakin and Obi Wan as potential allies and students. If Anakin is thrown into a rage, Meetra may be killed though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353
deactivated-5cdf8e3e9b353

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, let me try to tackle this. Assuming that this is Obi-Wan and Anakin from Episode III, and Revan and Meetra from the end of the Revan book. Anakin is at his best leading a team. He is also overconfident and arrogant. Look at Episode 3, Anakin lost to Obi- Wan and was manipulated by Palpatine. Revan wouldn’t defeat Anakin through superior power, but through outsmarting him and making him doubt himself. Revan led the Republic to defeat the Mandalorians during the Mandalorian Wars, Meetra was one of his generals and closest friends during that time. In Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan was incapacitated easily by Dooku. If everyone is in character, Revan would probably look at Anakin and see a lot of himself in him. He may even ask if he has emotional attachment. This would most likely put Anakin on edge where Revan would recognize that as a sign that he has a wife. He would probably offer to show Anakin true balance between Light and Dark. Obi Wan might see this as a Sith trick and attempt to attack. Meetra is a good enough duelist to hold Obi Wan back while Revan tried to convince Anakin to become a Gray Jedi in the heat of battle. I believe that Revan could incapacitate Obi Wan quite easily and use it as a way to help Anakin. He may also be able to better help Anakin understand that his vision isn’t a certainty, but just a possible outcome. I don’t think it would be in character for them to fight at first, but for Revan to view Anakin and Obi Wan as potential allies and students. If Anakin is thrown into a rage, Meetra may be killed though.

Is this before or after Anakin Slices his head of? In your analogy, You forgot to mention why Anakin lost to Obi-wan and why Palpatine was able to manipulate him into doing whatever.

He was conflicted, during that fight with Obi-wan he was conflicted with pain or losing his wife. Palpatine used that, to his advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PT team.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Redshift_Bacon

Obi Wan and Anakin win in a very difficult duel. Either Anakin or Obi-Wan could die. Both are better at using the Force to augment their physical abilities in battle, and are superior with Lightsabers, while Revan and Meetra are better at utilizing the force in unique, unexpected, and unorthodox ways (compared to the New Republic era). While I believe both have an edge over Obi-Wan in terms of pure-force battles, I believe Prime Anakin is more powerful than either if they had to go head to head, thats just using Canon over feats though, since Games need to be entertaining and fresh.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan has only increased in power since this thread was made. What 5 years ago? Meetra is a weak link. But Revan can easily ragdoll obi wan. Obi wan has never faced anyone with revans force ability. Never to that degree. Not even close. Dueling? Neither of them have an advantage over Revan.

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan is simply overall stronger than Anakin or Obi-Wan, while Exile are not far behind them all in terms of lightsaber skills but since she`s the wound of the force thus lead team 2 for a massive force advantage in this fight.

So team 2 via abusing the Force power.