nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nickthedevil
No Caption Provided

An all out, full scale armada for each side.

on an uninhabited barren rock planet.

all weaponry and species classes.

no other species interferences. only the chimera and covenant.

Which army wins this and why?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Enemybird

Stalemate?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Covenant win. They have a slight edge with their technology.

(they could also glass the planet)

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enemybird

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

What technology gives them the edge?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

It would all come down to whether or not Chimera have Terraformers.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nickthedevil

I gave them almost everything. I guess that includes daedaleus and the Spyder Tanks. And the Godzilla-sized things, Chameleons, and the chicken-chimera.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enemybird said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

What technology gives them the edge?

They could glass the planet easily.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VenomousDragon

Ground battle between the two would be fairer.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

Yeah... Seeing as how the Chimera don't have space ships, i thought it was kinda... Obvious that groundbattle was the intention >_>

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enemybird

@AweSam said:

Why wouldn't they? ... I'd assume they'd use it in an all out war.

@nickthedevil said:

I gave them almost everything. I guess that includes daedaleus and the Spyder Tanks. And the Godzilla-sized things, Chameleons, and the chicken-chimera.

You mean the

Scarbs

Longlegs

Goliath

?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nickthedevil

No the boss for the Chicago level, the chicken-thing in Louisiana swamps, and Daedaleus.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VenomousDragon

@nickthedevil said:

Yeah... Seeing as how the Chimera don't have space ships, i thought it was kinda... Obvious that groundbattle was the intention >_>

Armada means a fleet of war ships, people dont use warships on land.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nickthedevil

The dropper ships?

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VenomousDragon

the point is your op suggest that the battle takes place in the skies or in water.

Comiccrazeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Comiccrazeraze

I would have to say covenant though their ability to glass planets and they're skill and zeal they have behind their ground and air troopers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AweSam

@Enemybird said:

@AweSam said:

How well would the Covenant fight in severe qeather conditions (hurricanes, blizzards, etc). Because Terraformers were designed to eliminate massive amounts of enemy forces and give the Chimera an environmental and geographical advantage.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VenomousDragon

The swarm could also be a huge problem for the covenant if it were released, hail only beat it because he was able to trap it then blast it with a super high energy weapon (the spartan lazer is the best equivalent i can think of for halo) without a means to trap it, it could cause alot of casualties.

Resistance also has chimera with TK or at least one.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enemybird

@AweSam said:

@Enemybird said:

@AweSam said:

How well would the Covenant fight in severe qeather conditions (hurricanes, blizzards, etc). Because Terraformers were designed to eliminate massive amounts of enemy forces and give the Chimera an environmental and geographical advantage.

I'd say extremely well, they are interplanetary warriors after all.

Hybrids > Elites ( Chimera weapons are better)

Brawlers > Brutes ( Brawlers are much more powerful & much larger )

Ravager > Hunters ( they have shields and atomizers)

Goliath = Scarab ( debatable)

Walkers > Wraith (The shield makes a big difference)

After that comparisons stop... the Covenant outclasses them with

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AweSam

@Enemybird: I still don't see them surviving Terraformers. A stalker could handle most of the Covenant's vehicles. Chimera also specialize in shielded weaponry. Auger's could turn a battle around completely. Don't forget their ships, which are also shielded and armed with heavy weaponry. A Goliath or two could clear an entire field. Again, Terraformer's would be the deciding factor since I don't see Covenant solder's fighting in cold conditions as well as Chimera can. Chimera aren't as good when it comes to hand to hand, but I give the victory to the Chimera.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VenomousDragon

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2752761?start=0&tstart=0

this has the chimera in resistance and resistance 2 (there is a difference for instance the hybrids in resistance were more badass)

plus the attack drone>ghost

Hellfire turrets could also be a huge problem, they dish out alot of damage and cant be destroyed, you need to flank them and turn them off.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enemybird

@AweSam said:

@Enemybird: I still don't see them surviving Terraformers. A stalker could handle most of the Covenant's vehicles. Chimera also specialize in shielded weaponry. Auger's could turn a battle around completely. Don't forget their ships, which are also shielded and armed with heavy weaponry. A Goliath or two could clear an entire field. Again, Terraformer's would be the deciding factor since I don't see Covenant solder's fighting in cold conditions as well as Chimera can. Chimera aren't as good when it comes to hand to hand, but I give the victory to the Chimera.

Yeah the Chimera take it...its actually a stomp lol

Madiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Madiris

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Well, the Chimera adapt to the current adversary they are engaged with. Morphing their physical appearance and the technology is also changed. B/c in the Resistance games it was set in the 1950's. So the Chimera don't really have much to work with technology wise. But in 2256 when the Covies are in their prime and have all new sorts of tech, that just allows the Chimera to take the Covenant tech and use it for their own. So they would have spaceships and all the capabilities plus more of the Covenant.

Madiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Madiris

@AweSam: If you look at the Chimera their built for hand to hand combat, hybrids are mindless killing machines.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By TheCerealKillz

@Enemybird said:

@AweSam said:

Yeah the Chimera take it...its actually a stomp lol

Why can't they just glass the planet...

Madiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Madiris

@TheCerealKillz: Because the Chimera would have already incorperated that Covenant tech into their own. Therefore it would be used against them.

saimansavov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It amuses me how little you all know about the Chimera.

They are older than the Necrons from Warhammer 40K.

They can just Spire spam the Covenant armies on the ground and make more troops.

They posses tech relateble to that of the Forerunners.

Covenant?

What are a few Elites and Grunts going to do vs a Titan?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

And what's a Titan going to do against a CAS-class assault carrier ?

No Caption Provided

If it's ground combat, the Chimera MIGHT win. But in all out combat, no way.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Resistance and Sony fan I vote Chimera

If only there was a Real Resistance 3 instead of that fan-game

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gingerpenny

Chimera win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to need more solid reasons to convince me that Chimera win this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Harold_Helghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't explain why in few words, but the Chimera would dominate the Covenant in a ground battle. Spire missiles would allow the Chimera to infect armies of Covenant at a time, adding many, many new strains to an already diverse collection of troops. Because the Covenant consists of several different races, this would radically change the battle since the Chimera have produced many different strains with the Human genome alone. Plus none of them wear fully sealed suits, making it easier for Swarmers to infect them.

The Chimera's ability to adapt is unrivaled, they've demonstrated that they can learn the tactics used by their enemy in a matter of weeks. Even their weaponry is highly adaptable and puts shame to many Covenant weapons. The Bullseye, their version of the Plasma Rifle has an alternate function that allows them to fire a tag which all shots from the weapon will then hone in on. Almost all weapons in their arsenal are unique and offer two functions which grant the Chimera more than one way to respond to a threat.

In terms of Vehicles the Chimera have far fewer, but they're capable of far more. Stalkers are essentially Locusts with shield generators that serve several purposes. Including Anti-Infantry, Anti-Armour and Anti-Air. Goliaths are the only other ground vehicle I've seen and they dwarf Scarab Tanks. These massive siege batteries have gone under several improvements over the years, resulting in a 300ft tall walker armed with Spires and the ability to launch volleys of homing missiles in mass. Neither of these vehicles can be boarded by Resistance 3, because the Stalker is now run by AI and the Goliath is impossible to cripple/climb on to. I've never seen the Chimera deploy just one Goliath, either.

The Chimera haven't mastered Overshield technology yet, and require a small Drone to apply shields to their soldiers. However not even Chimeran weapons can harm them once shielded, making the Drone the priority. Chances are they'll have learnt how to make Super Suits by the time Halo Wars begins.

Which brings me to my last point. This entire thread has been comparing the Chimera of the 1950's to the Covenant which was assembled centuries later. If we factor in time the Chimera will be capable of far more than they were back in yesteryear. Or dead, since the Pure Chimera (original species) was near extinction and trying to colonise Earth in a desparate attempt to save themselves.

Then it's just a case of wether or not the Covenant find them before or after they've infested an inhabited world. Before or during the infestation the Covenant could easily glass them. But after, it's likely the Chimera will begin modifying their Airships for space flight and fly off to capture more planets or establish orbital defences for the coming of the Pure Chimera.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harold_helghan: "I can't explain why in few words, but the Chimera would dominate the Covenant in a ground battle. Spire missiles would allow the Chimera to infect armies of Covenant at a time, adding many, many new strains to an already diverse collection of troops. Because the Covenant consists of several different races, this would radically change the battle since the Chimera have produced many different strains with the Human genome alone. <-- How would they dominate with just spire missiles?.. Honestly I dont see them affecting the bugs, hunters, grunts, some brutes and elites, due to the fact the flood could not infect them due to various reasons and used them as food i mean they could technically turn them into flood sap but in the end couldn't use their bodies per say due to either being weak or simply could not find a way to work their bodies around... Second You do realize the covenant out numbers them right?, and they have waaaay better weapons then humans for both resistance and UNSC.

". Plus none of them wear fully sealed suits, making it easier for Swarmers to infect them."" <-- Shields... countered done sigh.

"The Chimera's ability to adapt is unrivaled, they've demonstrated that they can learn the tactics used by their enemy in a matter of weeks. <-- and u think the covenant are bricks?

Even their weaponry is highly adaptable and puts shame to many Covenant weapons. <-- too bad the one thing Chimera can't resistance is heat.... Which oh is why they were trying to form the weather for colder effects...

The Bullseye, their version of the Plasma Rifle has an alternate function that allows them to fire a tag which all shots from the weapon will then hone in on. Almost all weapons in their arsenal are unique and offer two functions which grant the Chimera more than one way to respond to a threat." <-- This matters Why?

In terms of Vehicles the Chimera have far fewer, but they're capable of far more. Stalkers are essentially Locusts with shield generators that serve several purposes. Including Anti-Infantry, Anti-Armour and Anti-Air. <-- Whelp that is good, but the Covenant's weapons are way hotter and way better than anything that has to offer...

Goliaths are the only other ground vehicle I've seen and they dwarf Scarab Tanks. <-- They are just about half the height thats not dwarfing....

These massive siege batteries have gone under several improvements over the years, resulting in a 300ft tall walker armed with Spires and the ability to launch volleys of homing missiles in mass. Neither of these vehicles can be boarded by Resistance 3, because the Stalker is now run by AI and the Goliath is impossible to cripple/climb on to. I've never seen the Chimera deploy just one Goliath, either. <-- Too bad the scarab is immune to all that fire power your packing...

"The Chimera haven't mastered Overshield technology yet, and require a small Drone to apply shields to their soldiers. However not even Chimeran weapons can harm them once shielded, making the Drone the priority. Chances are they'll have learnt how to make Super Suits by the time Halo Wars begins." <-- What?!?! Holy smokes you do know by the time ww2 started the covenant had already mastered space and were pretty dang strong. In fact IIRC they had master space when we were barely advancing in basic weapons. In fact both elites and the prophets had space tech by 1000BCE and do keep in mind battle of Thermopylae was 480BCE.... So to say that oh if we expanded them to halo wars time they'd be this is not only silly, but irrelevant because we have no idea what they'd do, and if we gave that same time the covenant would of advanced even more....

"Which brings me to my last point. This entire thread has been comparing the Chimera of the 1950's to the Covenant which was assembled centuries later. If we factor in time the Chimera will be capable of far more than they were back in yesteryear. Or dead, since the Pure Chimera (original species) was near extinction and trying to colonise Earth in a desparate attempt to save themselves." <-- what was the point? Covenant still out did them in both space and weapons in the 1950s.....

"Then it's just a case of wether or not the Covenant find them before or after they've infested an inhabited world. Before or during the infestation the Covenant could easily glass them. But after, it's likely the Chimera will begin modifying their Airships for space flight and fly off to capture more planets or establish orbital defences for the coming of the Pure Chimera." <-- covenant has beaten and fought the flood before, the chimera are no different to them than the flood they know how to deal with infections and viruses alike. Anyway this whole debate that you formed up is simply pointless just like most of this because people seem to think that winning the ground is super important... In the end Covenant glass thus any argument formed is invalid. Humans in that time period had a hard time trying to stop the covenant from melting them and their armor and it still melted away. I will admit if we gave around equal numbers and just had a straight up land battle between X forces here and X forces there it'd prolly end in Chimera winning a ever so slight victory due to a few heavy hitters, otherwise than that they take one or two shots and die from the heat of the weapons from the covenant and the technology the covenant has...

Richtofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And people say Half life is overrated, you sir are obviously a Halo fanboy/girl who hasn't the slightest clue what Resistance is, let alone what the Chimera are capable of. I don't see why people say the covenant win this..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richtofen: Because people like urself dont understand the terms, and who are you addressing, might want to tag them next time. Read the terms then come back me to on how exactly the Chimera will win... In the mean time Covies stomp deal with it.

juliansardina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The chimera have no chance. Ship to ship combat is not even fair. But ground combat is covenant for sure. They have better tech. Better weapons. Better fighters big time. One elite is worthy 20 hybrids. The covenant could easily kill the Tara formers by using mantis cannons or tyrants. If they can't use those then they send banshees to the do it. Tell me a chimera drop ships are okay as drop ships but suck as fighters. The covenants shields would easily stop most chimera weapons. Chimera amor is pretty bad. Fuelrods and wraiths could easily kill any chimera monster. Scarab tanks will destroy anything that gets in the way. Even the Goliath which is larger than scarab but much less advanced would fall. The covent would just go Inside it and kill every one. The chimera would not be able to take the convents tech since it more advanced the chimera would not understand how to use it, and plus the convent would just kill them to fast. It took chimera years to make a virus that is abel to infect humans. It would take more for different alien species. If they even did the convent could just cure it given a month and one engineer. All in all the chimera have no chance especially in any all out war. For Christ they lost the war with humans in 1950.

Realistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Realistic

So many of you sound ridiculous! So lets state facts people! 1950s America beat Chimera. Haha! The Covenant have ships, these would blow away any Chimera unshielded ships, plus their heavy monsters. Covenant have hundreds of billions of troops and a few thousand worlds. Lets not forget the Covenant have personal shields and armor, plus bubble shields. Chimera have something similar to bubble shields though. Lets not forget about the Resistance Swarm. They infected unshielded humans in the 1950s. The covenant would wear masks like they do for the flood. I do think at first the swarm would surprise the covenant. But again they have an easy counter for this. Now the Covenant ground vehicles vs the Chimera (small/medium) beast would be the toughest part of this debate. But again, the Covenant would outnumber Chimeran forces by 10 or 20 times. So the victor is The Covenant.

SWA2point0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realistic: Let's be clear, 1950's America did not beat the Chimera, two main plot characters did, it'd be like saying MC soloed the Covenant. He didn't he did a good job, but he did not solo the Covenant.

Realistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swa2point0: MC had a lot of help, yes. But the fact is 1950s America beat the Chimeran army. They got their ass kicked and didn't come back. Their beasts and vehicles were weak. About the durability of a modern tank..if that.. Chimera troops don't have shielding and barley use armor. Their infection forms are their best weapon. Covenant can protect against it with a helment or face mask like they used for the flood, simple fix. The chimera infection swarm can be dusted off pretty much. Or a simple flame thrower. Also like I said before the Covenant outnumber 20x-100x plus have 10s of thousands of ships. These are facts. Im not tryna rain on anyome parade. Its just the covenant are powerful. A better match would be Chimera vs the Locust from GoW. They're more similar

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realistic:

MC had a lot of help, yes. But the fact is 1950s America beat the Chimeran army. They got their ass kicked and didn't come back.

No. The Chimera destroyed the USA and they came back and took over. Not sure where you're getting your info from.

Their beasts and vehicles were weak.

Their vehicles are stated to be superior, they're not weak.

About the durability of a modern tank..if that.. Chimera troops don't have shielding and barley use armor.

So the same amount of durability of that of a Covenant Wraith or any covenant vehicle outside of... the Scarab.

Only two Covenant, sorry three Covenant forces use shields. Elites, Brutes, and Jackals. One has a small personal shield, one barely uses shields, and although one uses shields all the time, the Chimera do have shields for their entire squads, one has a weapon that offers a shield, and a vehicle with shields aka the Stalker. So this whole shield talk isn't really helping anyone's case.

Their infection forms are their best weapon.

Eh, for high mass sure. It's like saying the Covenant's best weapon was their spacecraft, doesn't mean their fighting force is any worse or any better than the Chimera's.

Covenant can protect against it with a helment or face mask like they used for the flood, simple fix.

Right, because what exactly happened to HC again?

Image result for Covenant high charity infected

Oh right.

The chimera infection swarm can be dusted off pretty much. Or a simple flame thrower.

No, the Chimera infection isn't the issue because the Chimera used different means as to do it. Their other methods were superior and would be superior in taking down Covenant forces due to their swarming methods. The virus we see in Resistance was used specifically for humans and humans alone IIRC.

Covenant doesn't even need to apply it, they won't be infected unless the Chimera change said virus. Also proof the Covenant have flame throwers? I guess they must not be at the same level as the 1950's USA where they had flame throwers. :)

Also like I said before the Covenant outnumber 20x-100x plus have 10s of thousands of ships. These are facts.

No one is arguing the Covenant doesn't out number the Chimera, his argument was you said the Chimera are garbage infantry, with garbage vehicles, with garbage weapons, and lost to 1950's USA, which is false. They beat the world, they almost won except one plot device which is the same kind of lols that happened in GoW, Crysis, C&C, SC, SW, etc.

m not tryna rain on anyome parade. Its just the covenant are powerful. A better match would be Chimera vs the Locust from GoW. They're more similar

You aren't raining on his or anyone's parade. We are all aware of how strong the Covenant is, just your lowballing the Chimera by saying they lost the good ol' USA except it was due to one man pulling off a fluke of impossible missons and saving the day. Literally. The world would of lost if it wasn't for him. Just like I'm pretty sure the Locust would of finished lolstomping the COG if it wasn't for delta squad pulling off a fluke of missions that were deemed impossible and pulling out the "W."

@wut I guess Chimera got stomped by 1950's USA, get rekted son.

Realistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By todays standard it wouldn't be such a fluke mission. (Nuke) Let alone by the futuristic sci factions.. and no! They're weak!! Todays military would destroy Chimera beasts and vehicles, bro. Also USA was the last to go down i guess i should have said. But humanity was still holding up. I mean it was the 1950s like come on. Plus, yea i guess as far as infections go.. I'm just assuming the worst case scenario. Covenant can prevent it. However, you seem to agree with most of my projected outcomes. Yet you state them in yourown way. Either way I'm glad the point got across. The only impressive the Chimera bring is their ground weapons. But the Covenant have some good weapons as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realistic: bruh chimera would destroy us are you being serious right now? Idk where you’re getting the idea that the chimera are weak they have better weapons and tech than even us today. Unlike you I’ve read the comics and books as well and they will do just fine against us and everyone knows this stop low balling the chimera

As MERA said everyone here knows the covenant would win but you are stupid if you think 1950s America soloed the chimera

Realistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're the dumbass. The weapons of today and our tanks/jets and bombers along with UAV ect. We'd dominate because 1950s tech could destroy Chimera beasts and tech. We'd have a 10s easier time by today. You can argue we could defend off a Chimeran threat these days. The only thing is the Chimera swarm and the gun that can go through objects, though the swarm could be a somewhat easy fix by covering the head.

No one said 1950s America 'soloed' anything. They held their own for awhile tho and gained some ground here and there. Which is enough to spell 'weak' for the Chimera.

These are all logical opinions. So we can all have our own. But I come from at the very least, a possible outcome.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realistic: Next time tag I will not hunt down your posts especially if they are as written like a 4 year old.

Secondly,

You're the dumbass.

Don't use language.

By todays standard it wouldn't be such a fluke mission.

Yes it would. Are you aware of how the Chimera look? Our troops these days were be scared beyond belief now days to fight them. The sheer shock would cause people to retreat and run away.

(Nuke) Let alone by the futuristic sci factions.. and no! They're weak!! Todays military would destroy Chimera beasts and vehicles, bro.

Bro, what are you even talking about? I'm legit lost.

Also USA was the last to go down i guess i should have said.

Of course it was, in case you didn't notice. The US has water between it and europe. Where did the Chimera start? In russia....

Fun fact did you know the Chimera marched from Russia to Alaska cause they cooled the earth so much that they marched for 5 days straight without tiring and made it to the US's largest hidden base that was built doing the war and destroyed it easily with said force.

But humanity was still holding up. I mean it was the 1950s like come on.

No you fool, humanity was dying it was down to 10 percent where were they "holding up?" I'd like for you to point this out, just because there's a few little last known cell groups hanging here or there doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. 1950's is never a good argument you tool. Let's do a weapons test shall we?

UNSC weapons

M6G - 12.7×40mm (.50 caliber)

MA5B assault rifle - 7.62mm Full Metal Jacket

MA5K carbine - M118 7.62×51mm

M7/Caseless Submachine Gun - 5×23mm M443 Caseless FMJ

1950's era weapons

Colt 1911 - .45 caliber

AK-47 - 7.62×39mm

M5A2 Folsom Carbine - .303 caliber ( 7.7×56mmR )

Thompson Submachine Gun - .45 caliber

I wonder how much larger for example the UNSC rounds are, oh wait. Not much. Now I'm sure the UNSC might hit a little harder do a little more damage, but they are what due being able to hit harder and different type of metal used for the round, but what's that? over 500 years into the future and wow... look how much has changed.. Oh wait.

Furthermore the humans in resistance in case you didn't know have mixed their weaponry with Chimera weaponry to form some of the following weapons,

• MP-47 Pulse Cannon
  • XR-42 Phoenix
  • XR-003 Sapper
  • Auger WS

These are just a few and no there isn't a ton more out there, but they are using these more way more to the point in the first book which is in Europe so part of Resistance 1, they used Chimera weaponry as their human weaponry sucked so much.

Lastly, in case you didn't notice, war progresses technology its why the humans in this setting before 1950 had VOTLs and lots of them on aircraft carriers.... Those didnt get mass produced and mass used until way later in our own time line. So the next time you scream and shout 1950s! 1950s! You should prolly know what you're actually talking about.

Plus, yea i guess as far as infections go.. I'm just assuming the worst case scenario. Covenant can prevent it.

I'm sure they can. No one is again arguing this point. The Covenant won't be able to do it right away due to you know it being a random encounter.

However, you seem to agree with most of my projected outcomes. Yet you state them in yourown way. Either way I'm glad the point got across. The only impressive the Chimera bring is their ground weapons. But the Covenant have some good weapons as well.

Because no one here is saying the Covenant loses, everyone knows the Chimera would lose to the Covenant. What everyone is saying that your arguing of 1950's USA kicked their arse!!!! Is flat out wrong and a lie. Chimera bring some amazing handheld weaponry, even superior to the Covenant with certain weapons. You can't base a race on whom they fought against and say they win cause A beat B and thus A can beat C!

Much like the Locust, both sci fis were more land based than outer space, this doesn't mean a Locust drone wouldnt slap the crap out of a Covenant grunt, Jackal, or those bugs. It just means when it comes to the grand scheme of things, they both lose, they both lack any real fleets.

As for your other statement towards KW, where do you think I got all this info for? You do realized he's represented the Covenant plenty of times in plenty of threads, because hes a halo fan right?

Chimera's tech is above 1950's tech, its above our tech today. Sigh their jets move as fast as ours the only reason why the humans in that era had ANY luck dealing with them was due to more jets in the area, and that the Chimeran pilots were predictable. Nothing else.

Realistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: I read the first 2 lines of your reply. You're mad because you can't use commas like me. You piece of shit. Fuck your reply, not reading anything. You're just a dumbass fanboy. Go fuck your mother, buddy! :)

Write better than you hah

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realistic: Fanboy? And you're not how?

By all means please prove I'm a fanboy.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Wut

@merulezall: Funny enough, around WW2, small arms improvement hasn't really mattered all that much. An M4 is certainly better then a Garand in every category, but not enough to really dictate a battle.

A good thing to point out would be Chimera USA weapons.

Their DMR rifle can put out an autonomous drone to engage enemies, something the modern US military is looking at how to implement still... much less as easily as a rifle somehow instantly constructing one.

Or their sniper rifle somehow increases the adrenaline of the user enough for their mind to 'slow down time' [which is something that happens, increasing your perception time] to better line up shots.

Their standard sidearm fires explosive rounds and can even remotely trigger them..

The new heavy weapon fires energy bolts that bounce off surfaces until they eventually run out of juice.

Energy bolts alone should tell someone they aren't exactly 1950s US... but that would require someone spend ten minutes on google rather then randomly shouting out on forums which we both know will never happen. :D

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut:

Funny enough, around WW2, small arms improvement hasn't really mattered all that much. An M4 is certainly better then a Garand in every category, but not enough to really dictate a battle.

That's my entire point, I posted up above. I know calibers don't mean as much due to the fact you still need other factors to take into consideration. I just thought the whole notion of, they're in the 1950s!!!!! was a bit silly.

A good thing to point out would be Chimera USA weapons.

Too slow grandpa already had that covered. :)

Energy bolts alone should tell someone they aren't exactly 1950s US... but that would require someone spend ten minutes on google rather then randomly shouting out on forums which we both know will never happen. :D

Like I said KW show cased me the Chimera, and I think they're pretty good for what they had to work with. Also yes, that was my first impression. I saw the energy rounds used way back via KW showing not only quotes, but the wiki that US weapons were not only regular Chimera weapons, but custom made weapons as I listed up above that fire energy rounds. But hey they had that in the 1950s and they just sucked so we stuck with bullets which is why we still use them 500 years into the future! Right?!?!?! Lol.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: UNSC uses Space AKs! Which are better then any other bullet firing gun cause... SPACE.