Avatar image for logic_and_debate
Logic_and_Debate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Logic_and_Debate

Based off of the last thread, I figure I'll make some adjustments to try to make it more even. 

So it's the Republic from the clone wars 

The republic's goal is to destroy the U.S. of A. 

The republic is gonna try to invade and then destroy the U.S., so no orbital bombardment  

All of the republic's assets that they use in this fight have to be within reach of human counterattack. 
(so basically ships in space are outlawed, but republic gunships in atmosphere are OK) 

The invading force is 20 acclamator class republic ships and all of that ships normal cargo, equipment, soldiers, and crew. 

So since there is no orbital bombardment, and all republic forces have to be in range of human counter attack; it's essentialy the ground forces of 20 acclamator class republic ships vs the U.S. military. 

I might need to clarify something later.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Chaos Prime

so approx 320,000 Clone troops in all..Imo they would cause chaos in the first few hours that it would take an age for the military to get its act together to launch a counter strike..
One of those ships lands near the pentagon & all the top brass would be null & void.The after effects would chaos within the military.. 
The Republic would have it all planned out ie - all the major power outlets would be destoyed causing panic amongst the population.. 
The main army/Navay/Airforce bases would be hit so hard Pearl Harbour (no offence ment) would seem like a minor skermish..

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By one_upper

The only way I would say this is a plausible battle was if the Republic Invasion force was as small or smaller than the current US military, and even then, there's no way our military stands a chance short of Nuke's which would wipe us out as well. Americans would fight to the bitter end though, well some of us.

Logic_and_Debate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Logic_and_Debate

I forsee this to be more of a general invasion instead of knocking out key, strategic military instalations.
Logic_and_Debate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Logic_and_Debate
@one_upper said:
"The only way I would say this is a plausible battle was if the Republic Invasion force was as small or smaller than the current US military, and even then, there's no way our military stands a chance short of Nuke's which would wipe us out as well. Americans would fight to the bitter end though, well some of us. "

Well, the republic invasion force is over 300,000 clones vs the U.S. military's 3,000,000 soldiers. But then the republic has a tech edge.
jeanlucpicard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanlucpicard

I've always assumed the clones thought the same way, and such. Since our military is full of different people and all, we would win. 

Clones seem to be stupid ( in the movies anyway) So I'm giving to the US since well they have better forces.
bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bgibs13390

USA! Unless the clones have shields that can block our bullets we win. We have vastly greater numbers and I don't even think their firepower is any greater then ours. 

Logic_and_Debate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Logic_and_Debate

Do you think that 20 acclamator ships with 300,000 plus clones is an average, below average, or above average invasion force for the Galactic Republic?
departed402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By departed402
@Logic_and_Debate said:
"@one_upper said:
"The only way I would say this is a plausible battle was if the Republic Invasion force was as small or smaller than the current US military, and even then, there's no way our military stands a chance short of Nuke's which would wipe us out as well. Americans would fight to the bitter end though, well some of us. "
Well, the republic invasion force is over 300,000 clones vs the U.S. military's 3,000,000 soldiers. But then the republic has a tech edge. "

3,000,000 + plus us gun nuts (some of which have stronger weapons than some of our troops).
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Logic_and_Debate said:
" Do you think that 20 acclamator ships with 300,000 plus clones is an average, below average, or above average invasion force for the Galactic Republic? "
Im sure that the Republic isnt going to invade unless it had prep of whats in store.So imo 20 is enough in this scenario without it being a massive over-kill for the republic by adding more ships.. 
Imo those ships can defend themselves against anything the military threw at them & Nukes wont come into account due to the nature of the invasion..Why would any of those ships land in the middle of know where so they could be shot at by nukes?
Also as already mentioned these clones are based on the Books or movie version? Because in the books many did act & have minds to think for themselfs & werent a bunch of stupid cannon fodder to be shot at :-)
Logic_and_Debate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Logic_and_Debate
@Chaos Prime:
I'm positive that the republic would slaughter the U.S. if there were no restrictions (ie. no orbital bombardment), but I made it more of a ground battle fight so that it'll be more even. I was thinking movie versions, but feel free to debate book versions.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Anyone who thinks we stand a chance is mentally handicapped. Clone Trooper armor can take bullets in all but their visors and necks which rules out any small arms fire being useful. Blasters can shoot right through tank armor without a problem so Tanks, Choppers, and other vehicles will be largely useless. Even with 100 to 1 odds, the Clone Trooper still comes out on top due to superior arms and armor.