#1 Posted by russellmania77 (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

-random encounter

-they start 20 feet away in kermit's swamp from muppets movie

#2 Edited by BatmanFan11 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to side with Reptile. The only advantage Riptor would have is strength and ferocity. However what will lead to Riptor's downfall is that he's more primitive and thinks more like an animal. Reptile on the other hand is much smarter since his Race called Saurian's are as intelligent as Human's and is a much more advanced species. Not to mention Reptile has a variety of abilities, which Riptor seems to lack like being able to spit out acid and turn invisible. So if Reptile turns invisible. Riptor wouldn't be able to find Reptile and it would be too late when Reptile strikes. So yeah Reptile wins IMO.

#3 Posted by joewell (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Reptile for the reasons above

#4 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11:

First, let me say "Welcome to the 'Vine"! Reptile is pretty tough, but Riptor wasn't without his own long range attack options in the form of him spitting fireballs. Not only that, but Reptile's invisibility (which is a great stealth tactic, by the way) would/should be nearly useless against a being like Riptor who would taste the air with his forked tongue to locate his prey/opponent's location the same way his much smaller reptillian cousins would, eliminating eyesight entirely from the occasion. His savagery shouldn't be overlooked here either.

#5 Posted by joewell (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet: But considering Reptile was dodging bullets the fireballs shouldn't be too much of a problem. But I'm not sure if Riptor could dodge the acid.

#6 Edited by crest (261 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe that version of reptile also has a deadly battle axe for close combat should be enough to decapitate raptor

at least if thats the version from mk3 i remember

#7 Posted by BatmanFan11 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

@heraldofganthet:

Thank you.

And also correct me if I'm wrong, but those small world cousin's you are talking about are Lizard's. If I'm correct. Riptor is half Velociraptor or do you think Velociraptor's could of been able to do the same like Lizard's being able to catch the scent of their prey. From everything you said. I now think this would be a stalemate IMO.

#8 Posted by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Just sayin, JUST SAYING!

A factory of Riptors took over the entire earth filled with the entire 1990s military... Just saying!

#9 Posted by russellmania77 (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11:

First, let me say "Welcome to the 'Vine"! Reptile is pretty tough, but Riptor wasn't without his own long range attack options in the form of him spitting fireballs. Not only that, but Reptile's invisibility (which is a great stealth tactic, by the way) would/should be nearly useless against a being like Riptor who would taste the air with his forked tongue to locate his prey/opponent's location the same way his much smaller reptillian cousins would, eliminating eyesight entirely from the occasion. His savagery shouldn't be overlooked here either.

wow took me four months to hear an answer to this was actually my 2nd post lol

#10 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@russellmania77: wow took me four months to hear an answer to this was actually my 2nd post lol

Glad to be of service, mon ami! I help where I can!

@batmanfan11:

Thank you.

And also correct me if I'm wrong, but those small world cousin's you are talking about are Lizard's. If I'm correct. Riptor is half Velociraptor or do you think Velociraptor's could of been able to do the same like Lizard's being able to catch the scent of their prey. From everything you said. I now think this would be a stalemate IMO.

You're quite welcome. I hope you enjoy many fun and informative years here on the 'Vine! You've guessed correctly about 'Raptors, but don't forget that snakes as well as really nasty lizards (Komodo Dragons for example) "air taste" too. So it might be inherent within the entire reptilian spectrum. If Reptile can't hide, then this is a projectile fight or a vicious h2h situation. And there's nothing to suggest that Riptor doesn't possess the significant superhuman strength one would expect from a 6' 5" tall genetically modified reptile with human intelligence. That's one hell of an opponent to be close enough to strike with. IMO.

@joewell: But considering Reptile was dodging bullets the fireballs shouldn't be too much of a problem. But I'm not sure if Riptor could dodge the acid.

Fair points. But 3 things come to mind for me:

1. Komodo Dragons are fast enough to run down and catch deer and other huge wild game and overtake them. Riptor is much larger than they are, and he's much smarter. He'd pretty much have to be extremely fast to even compete with the beasts that were fighting in the Killer Instinct Tournament. Otherwise, he'd have been obliterated off the top. So speedwise, these two should be fairly equalized.
  2. Reptiles have great regenerative properties. So if we stretch that up to the very large frame that Riptor inhabits, he could very well have a healing factor on par with Marvel's "The Lizard". If that's the case, then he'd heal from the acid shot(s) and keep on coming. Remember, Reptile wants the victory. Maybe even a "Fatality". But Riptor is looking for a meal. Those are two very different motivations, and thus two very different approaches/attack patterns these guys are going to be deploying here. Think about it: How would you fight a chicken if you hadn't eaten in 2 days? I promise you his will to survive is nowhere near your desire to stick him on a rotisserie. Just a thought...
  3. The acid spit could very well be nullified/boiled away in mid-air by one or more of Riptor's fireballs. Considering they're made out of actual fire, that is.
#11 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7955 posts) - - Show Bio

If I remember correctly from Killer Instinct (it's been awhile) Riptor was genetically modified to have the intelligence of a human, with the ferocity, speed, and strength of a Raptor.

#12 Edited by BatmanFan11 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11:

Thank you.

You're quite welcome. I hope you enjoy many fun and informative years here on the 'Vine! You've guessed correctly about 'Raptors, but don't forget that snakes as well as really nasty lizards (Komodo Dragons for example) "air taste" too. So it might be inherent within the entire reptilian spectrum. If Reptile can't hide, then this is a projectile fight or a vicious h2h situation. And there's nothing to suggest that Riptor doesn't possess the significant superhuman strength one would expect from a 6' 5" tall genetically modified reptile with human intelligence. That's one hell of an opponent to be close enough to strike with. IMO.

Well in that case then I still say this is a stalemate.

#13 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11: Well in that case then I still say this is a stalemate.

I can live with that. But before it's all over, this is gonna get messy. Somebody better bring a mop for this one!

#14 Posted by BatmanFan11 (513 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3546 posts) - - Show Bio