• 62 results
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

This is a reminder for everybody to please flag spite battles when they see them. I consistently see comments like '_____ wins effortlessly' or '_____ curbstomps' or 'this is spite, _____ wins'. If you believe this to be true (and are not just saying it to bait or elicit a response), then please please please flag it. The mods (contrary to what we'd have you believe) are not omniscient. We can't see everything that goes on and while some of us are regulars in the battle forum, that does not mean that we're taking a look at every topic that gets made in here.

If you see something that is so unbalanced that there's no opportunity for a reasonable debate, then please flag it. Don't (just) post about it being a spite thread or about how somebody curbstomps. Help us get other, better battles, more attention by letting us know that these threads should be locked due to being unfair fights. Your flag button is right next to the reply/quote options, don't hesitate to use it.

For the entire set of rules on flagging, please see Static Shock's post here.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

YES.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Nelomaxwell
@Mercy_: I flagged this Avatar vs Z warriors match a while ago last I checked nothing happened to it was I wrong to flag it?
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercy_

@Nelomaxwell: This? Static locked it :)

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I got my finger ready, Imma start flagging the sh!t outta this place!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_

Pinned considering that about three people have read this judging by the looks of things

FMStyyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FMStyyx

Lol, ive seen a number of spite battles too.. ill remember this new rule (not really new)

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

I can't believe all the spite battles I'v seen and the Op didn't even realize it.I once saw a Rorschach vs Deathstroke thread. x.x

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By majestic99

@Mercy_: Got it.

@TheAntiReVamp: Is that your alternate account, vamp?

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

@majestic99: I'm him from an alternate universe,people never read the my updates.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@TheAntiReVamp said:

@majestic99: I'm him from an alternate universe,people never read the my updates.

So the correct answer to your question, would be no.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By majestic99

@ReVamp: So...it's not you?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@majestic99 said:

@ReVamp: So...it's not you?

Nay.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sherlock

To be honest i wasnt aware we were supposed to flag these.Ill make sure to do so when i see them

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious

Ok, got it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By renamed040924

@Mercy_ said:

This is a reminder for everybody to please flag spite battles when they see them. I consistently see comments like '_____ wins effortlessly' or '_____ curbstomps' or 'this is spite, _____ wins'. If you believe this to be true (and are not just saying it to bait or elicit a response), then please please please flag it. The mods (contrary to what we'd have you believe) are not omniscient. We can't see everything that goes on and while some of us are regulars in the battle forum, that does not mean that we're taking a look at every topic that gets made in here.

If you see something that is so unbalanced that there's no opportunity for a reasonable debate, then please flag it. Don't (just) post about it being a spite thread or about how somebody curbstomps. Help us get other, better battles, more attention by letting us know that these threads should be locked due to being unfair fights. Your flag button is right next to the reply/quote options, don't hesitate to use it.

For the entire set of rules on flagging, please see Static Shock's post here.

So much for my reality

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm no snitch

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheSuperHuman

Use your best judgment. Figure out the flaws and debate the battle with yourself before you flag it. I find this happening over and over again and people are simply flagging based on individual responses rather than the battle itself.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercy_

@TheSuperHuman said:

Use your best judgment. Figure out the flaws and debate the battle with yourself before you flag it. I find this happening over and over again and people are simply flagging based on individual responses rather than the battle itself.

Absolutely this.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Not sure if on-topic, but can the flag penalty be lifted? It's really annoying. At least lift it for those of us who have been around a long time.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By ShootingNova

Okay. Got it. Never flagged before though.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shawnbaby

I've tried to flag a few but it often tells me that "you cannot flag right now"

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

@Shawnbaby: I had that same problem it means you flagged to many threads and you have to wait 24 hours before flagging again. Just don't hit the flag button for a day or 2 and you should be able to flag again.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby
@jashro44 said:

@Shawnbaby: I had that same problem it means you flagged to many threads and you have to wait 24 hours before flagging again. Just don't hit the flag button for a day or 2 and you should be able to flag again.

I hadn't flagged anything in over  week and i still had the same message pop up last night
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_

@Shawnbaby: When that happens, just PM or wall post a mod and we'll reset you (which I just did).

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Mercy_ said:

@Shawnbaby: When that happens, just PM or wall post a mod and we'll reset you (which I just did).

cool, thanks
Avatar image for protectyourneck
protectyourneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By protectyourneck

I hardley flag, but if i do see a mismatch thread do i flag the users account that made the thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slacker the hacker said:

I'm no snitch

Flagged because I like snitching on non-snitchers!

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

@slacker the hacker said:

I'm no snitch

Flagged because I like snitching on non-snitchers!

lol

yahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By yahweh

@Mercy_: Do you get banned for being flagged alot?

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By The_Thunderer

@Shawnbaby said:

I've tried to flag a few but it often tells me that "you cannot flag right now"

I haven't been able to flag for a week now..

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By acer51

Notice how many more stickys there are now? there used to be like two.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@acer51 said:

this. I hope the battle forums don't get 50 stickies like the artist show off forum, Battles forum is way more active so it would be annoying to have to scroll down the page every time you look for a new thread.

EVILRYUX2fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EVILRYUX2fold

lol its like how a user came on one of my threads lied to everyone then flagged so he would have last post. it gets annoying

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mercy_

@ChaosBlazer said:

@acer51 said:

this. I hope the battle forums don't get 50 stickies like the artist show off forum, Battles forum is way more active so it would be annoying to have to scroll down the page every time you look for a new thread.

The battle forum isn't getting any more stickies.

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

lol its like how a user came on one of my threads lied to everyone then flagged so he would have last post. it gets annoying

Somebody flagging your thread doesn't ensure that it's going to be locked. If a thread gets locked it's for a reason and has nothing to do with what somebody is saying. It's up to the mod's discretion.

If you have a lot of threads that are getting locked, try changing how you create threads or start researching before you make them.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Question: does this rule apply to threads which are evidently going the wrong way anyways ? I'm referring to the recent Storm VS PG thread which took about four or so pages before it was locked, even though looking at the stats the battle was bound to go downhill but was only locked due to the OP's asking, when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That, and two mods, not one, but two, were included in the thread and chose not to act until it was too late, which happens a lot.

Note: I was not involved in the trhead but was only made aware of the "situation" a couple minutes ago, and looking at how the said fans case was treated, i'm disgusted.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mercy_

@AgeofHurricane said:

Question: does this rule apply to threads which are evidently going the wrong way anyways ? I'm referring to the recent Storm VS PG thread which took about four or so pages before it was locked, even though looking at the stats the battle was bound to go downhill but was only locked due to the OP's asking, when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That, and two mods, not one, but two, were included in the thread and chose not to act until it was too late, which happens a lot.

Note: I was not involved in the trhead but was only made aware of the "situation" a couple minutes ago, and looking at how the said fans case was treated, i'm disgusted.

I don't know if this has been addressed yet or not (if it hasn't, feel free to take it up with the mods who were in there), but the person who was banned was not banned JUST because they were 'backing it up' and I think it's reaching to insinuate that was the reason they were banned. They were banned because they were blatantly disregarding the rules and were aware of that enough to outright say that they didn't care.

I don't know what spurred the meltdown, but they were doing the exact same things that not only their previous account was banned for, but that they'd been warned numerous times (and temp banned for) about on this account. It's not tolerated.

Regarding your actual question, if you see a thread getting out of hand, feel free to flag it, but do so with the understanding that it's up to the mods who handle the flag to decide whether or not it's actually the case there.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock

@AgeofHurricane said:

...when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That's not why she was banned. Iamlovewithin500 has repeatedly broken the rules around here. Prior to me banning her permanently, she's been temporarily banned before on that account, and her old account (Aqua-whatever) was forum banned for consistently breaking the rules.

Other than that, no one was backing up anything. Iamlovewithin took it personal when CitizenBane made a harmless comment about Storm, a fictional character. How that was supposed to hurt her makes absolutely no sense to me. But, it's expected from a lot of Storm fans here, which is pretty sad in my opinion. These are also the same fans that are quick to bash another character (Black Panther is one of them, and even though he's my favorite character, I don't get upset over it). Yet, when someone makes a comment about Storm, it's a problem. A lot of you tend to call the kettle black around here and don't realize it. A lot of you need to understand that the world doesn't revolve around you. None of you get special rights because Storm is your favorite character.

But, it's like I told you in my Ask thread. I wasn't aware of any trolling. I didn't read through the thread to check because no one's post was flagged, and I was in there for other reasons. So, any trolling within that thread wasn't brought to my attention. If you witnessed any trolling in that thread, it would have been better to use the flagging system. That way, we would have gotten to it earlier. If you don't help us, we can't help you.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Static Shock said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

...when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That's not why she was banned. Iamlovewithin500 has repeatedly broken the rules around here. Prior to me banning her permanently, she's been temporarily banned before on that account, and her old account (Aqua-whatever) was forum banned for consistently breaking the rules.

Other than that, no one was backing up anything. Iamlovewithin took it personal when CitizenBane made a harmless comment about Storm, a fictional character. How that was supposed to hurt her makes absolutely no sense to me. But, it's expected from a lot of Storm fans here, which is pretty sad in my opinion. These are also the same fans that are quick to bash another character (Black Panther is one of them, and even though he's my favorite character, I don't get upset over it). Yet, when someone makes a comment about Storm, it's a problem. A lot of you tend to call the kettle black around here and don't realize it. A lot of you need to understand that the world doesn't revolve around you. None of you get special rights because Storm is your favorite character.

But, it's like I told you in my Ask thread. I wasn't aware of any trolling. I didn't read through the thread to check because no one's post was flagged, and I was in there for other reasons. So, any trolling within that thread wasn't brought to my attention. If you witnessed any trolling in that thread, it would have been better to use the flagging system. That way, we would have gotten to it earlier. If you don't help us, we can't help you.

Uh'huh.

I'll give you that.

I guess i better leave it there, then.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Mercy_: Why is it that I can only flag a certain number of posts per day?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mercy_

@NerdsFTW: It's not per day, it's based off of how many karma points that you have. It's so the system can't be abused. Say there was a user you really didnt' like. If you were able to flag all you wanted, you could flag them enough times to prevent them from posting and that would be an abuse of the system.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Mercy_ said:

@NerdsFTW: It's not per day, it's based off of how many karma points that you have. It's so the system can't be abused. Say there was a user you really didnt' like. If you were able to flag all you wanted, you could flag them enough times to prevent them from posting and that would be an abuse of the system.

So my karma points are bad?

Where do I go to see them?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mercy_

@NerdsFTW: Yes, karma points are bad.

Users aren't able to see how many they have. If you ever need to know, just ask a mod.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Mercy_: How many karma points do I have and how do I get rid of them?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mercy_

@NerdsFTW: You currently have three and I can clear them for you.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Mercy_: Will you do that for me please?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mercy_

@NerdsFTW: Done.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Mercy_: Thanks, Mercy.

Is your avatar Batgirl from TDKR?

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PurpleCandy

What's the difference between curbstomp and mismatch?

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By darktiger

Ok i will remember to tell a mod