• 62 results
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a reminder for everybody to please flag spite battles when they see them. I consistently see comments like '_____ wins effortlessly' or '_____ curbstomps' or 'this is spite, _____ wins'. If you believe this to be true (and are not just saying it to bait or elicit a response), then please please please flag it. The mods (contrary to what we'd have you believe) are not omniscient. We can't see everything that goes on and while some of us are regulars in the battle forum, that does not mean that we're taking a look at every topic that gets made in here.

If you see something that is so unbalanced that there's no opportunity for a reasonable debate, then please flag it. Don't (just) post about it being a spite thread or about how somebody curbstomps. Help us get other, better battles, more attention by letting us know that these threads should be locked due to being unfair fights. Your flag button is right next to the reply/quote options, don't hesitate to use it.

For the entire set of rules on flagging, please see Static Shock's post here.

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

YES.

#3 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_: I flagged this Avatar vs Z warriors match a while ago last I checked nothing happened to it was I wrong to flag it?
#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: This? Static locked it :)

#5 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

I got my finger ready, Imma start flagging the sh!t outta this place!

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

Pinned considering that about three people have read this judging by the looks of things

#7 Posted by FMStyyx (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, ive seen a number of spite battles too.. ill remember this new rule (not really new)

#8 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe all the spite battles I'v seen and the Op didn't even realize it.I once saw a Rorschach vs Deathstroke thread. x.x

#9 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Got it.

@TheAntiReVamp: Is that your alternate account, vamp?

#10 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I'm him from an alternate universe,people never read the my updates.

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAntiReVamp said:

@majestic99: I'm him from an alternate universe,people never read the my updates.

So the correct answer to your question, would be no.

#12 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: So...it's not you?

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

@ReVamp: So...it's not you?

Nay.

#14 Posted by Sherlock (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest i wasnt aware we were supposed to flag these.Ill make sure to do so when i see them

#15 Posted by Nefarious (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, got it.

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (13664 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

This is a reminder for everybody to please flag spite battles when they see them. I consistently see comments like '_____ wins effortlessly' or '_____ curbstomps' or 'this is spite, _____ wins'. If you believe this to be true (and are not just saying it to bait or elicit a response), then please please please flag it. The mods (contrary to what we'd have you believe) are not omniscient. We can't see everything that goes on and while some of us are regulars in the battle forum, that does not mean that we're taking a look at every topic that gets made in here.

If you see something that is so unbalanced that there's no opportunity for a reasonable debate, then please flag it. Don't (just) post about it being a spite thread or about how somebody curbstomps. Help us get other, better battles, more attention by letting us know that these threads should be locked due to being unfair fights. Your flag button is right next to the reply/quote options, don't hesitate to use it.

For the entire set of rules on flagging, please see Static Shock's post here.

So much for my reality

#17 Posted by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm no snitch

#18 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Use your best judgment. Figure out the flaws and debate the battle with yourself before you flag it. I find this happening over and over again and people are simply flagging based on individual responses rather than the battle itself.

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSuperHuman said:

Use your best judgment. Figure out the flaws and debate the battle with yourself before you flag it. I find this happening over and over again and people are simply flagging based on individual responses rather than the battle itself.

Absolutely this.

#20 Posted by JediXMan (30608 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if on-topic, but can the flag penalty be lifted? It's really annoying. At least lift it for those of us who have been around a long time.

#21 Posted by ShootingNova (17085 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. Got it. Never flagged before though.

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

I've tried to flag a few but it often tells me that "you cannot flag right now"

#23 Posted by jashro44 (21714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: I had that same problem it means you flagged to many threads and you have to wait 24 hours before flagging again. Just don't hit the flag button for a day or 2 and you should be able to flag again.

#24 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@Shawnbaby: I had that same problem it means you flagged to many threads and you have to wait 24 hours before flagging again. Just don't hit the flag button for a day or 2 and you should be able to flag again.

I hadn't flagged anything in over  week and i still had the same message pop up last night
#25 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: When that happens, just PM or wall post a mod and we'll reset you (which I just did).

#26 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

@Shawnbaby: When that happens, just PM or wall post a mod and we'll reset you (which I just did).

cool, thanks
#27 Posted by protectyourneck (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I hardley flag, but if i do see a mismatch thread do i flag the users account that made the thread?

#28 Posted by drgnx (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker the hacker said:

I'm no snitch

Flagged because I like snitching on non-snitchers!

#29 Posted by slacker the hacker (7839 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@slacker the hacker said:

I'm no snitch

Flagged because I like snitching on non-snitchers!

lol

#30 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Do you get banned for being flagged alot?

#31 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

I've tried to flag a few but it often tells me that "you cannot flag right now"

I haven't been able to flag for a week now..

#32 Posted by acer51 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Notice how many more stickys there are now? there used to be like two.

#33 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

this. I hope the battle forums don't get 50 stickies like the artist show off forum, Battles forum is way more active so it would be annoying to have to scroll down the page every time you look for a new thread.

#34 Edited by EVILRYUX2fold (423 posts) - - Show Bio

lol its like how a user came on one of my threads lied to everyone then flagged so he would have last post. it gets annoying

#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@acer51 said:

this. I hope the battle forums don't get 50 stickies like the artist show off forum, Battles forum is way more active so it would be annoying to have to scroll down the page every time you look for a new thread.

The battle forum isn't getting any more stickies.

@EVILRYUX2fold said:

lol its like how a user came on one of my threads lied to everyone then flagged so he would have last post. it gets annoying

Somebody flagging your thread doesn't ensure that it's going to be locked. If a thread gets locked it's for a reason and has nothing to do with what somebody is saying. It's up to the mod's discretion.

If you have a lot of threads that are getting locked, try changing how you create threads or start researching before you make them.

#36 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Question: does this rule apply to threads which are evidently going the wrong way anyways ? I'm referring to the recent Storm VS PG thread which took about four or so pages before it was locked, even though looking at the stats the battle was bound to go downhill but was only locked due to the OP's asking, when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That, and two mods, not one, but two, were included in the thread and chose not to act until it was too late, which happens a lot.

Note: I was not involved in the trhead but was only made aware of the "situation" a couple minutes ago, and looking at how the said fans case was treated, i'm disgusted.

#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Question: does this rule apply to threads which are evidently going the wrong way anyways ? I'm referring to the recent Storm VS PG thread which took about four or so pages before it was locked, even though looking at the stats the battle was bound to go downhill but was only locked due to the OP's asking, when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That, and two mods, not one, but two, were included in the thread and chose not to act until it was too late, which happens a lot.

Note: I was not involved in the trhead but was only made aware of the "situation" a couple minutes ago, and looking at how the said fans case was treated, i'm disgusted.

I don't know if this has been addressed yet or not (if it hasn't, feel free to take it up with the mods who were in there), but the person who was banned was not banned JUST because they were 'backing it up' and I think it's reaching to insinuate that was the reason they were banned. They were banned because they were blatantly disregarding the rules and were aware of that enough to outright say that they didn't care.

I don't know what spurred the meltdown, but they were doing the exact same things that not only their previous account was banned for, but that they'd been warned numerous times (and temp banned for) about on this account. It's not tolerated.

Regarding your actual question, if you see a thread getting out of hand, feel free to flag it, but do so with the understanding that it's up to the mods who handle the flag to decide whether or not it's actually the case there.

#38 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

...when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That's not why she was banned. Iamlovewithin500 has repeatedly broken the rules around here. Prior to me banning her permanently, she's been temporarily banned before on that account, and her old account (Aqua-whatever) was forum banned for consistently breaking the rules.

Other than that, no one was backing up anything. Iamlovewithin took it personal when CitizenBane made a harmless comment about Storm, a fictional character. How that was supposed to hurt her makes absolutely no sense to me. But, it's expected from a lot of Storm fans here, which is pretty sad in my opinion. These are also the same fans that are quick to bash another character (Black Panther is one of them, and even though he's my favorite character, I don't get upset over it). Yet, when someone makes a comment about Storm, it's a problem. A lot of you tend to call the kettle black around here and don't realize it. A lot of you need to understand that the world doesn't revolve around you. None of you get special rights because Storm is your favorite character.

But, it's like I told you in my Ask thread. I wasn't aware of any trolling. I didn't read through the thread to check because no one's post was flagged, and I was in there for other reasons. So, any trolling within that thread wasn't brought to my attention. If you witnessed any trolling in that thread, it would have been better to use the flagging system. That way, we would have gotten to it earlier. If you don't help us, we can't help you.

#39 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

...when, in doing so, a Storm fan was banned just because they were backing it up, metaphorically speaking.

That's not why she was banned. Iamlovewithin500 has repeatedly broken the rules around here. Prior to me banning her permanently, she's been temporarily banned before on that account, and her old account (Aqua-whatever) was forum banned for consistently breaking the rules.

Other than that, no one was backing up anything. Iamlovewithin took it personal when CitizenBane made a harmless comment about Storm, a fictional character. How that was supposed to hurt her makes absolutely no sense to me. But, it's expected from a lot of Storm fans here, which is pretty sad in my opinion. These are also the same fans that are quick to bash another character (Black Panther is one of them, and even though he's my favorite character, I don't get upset over it). Yet, when someone makes a comment about Storm, it's a problem. A lot of you tend to call the kettle black around here and don't realize it. A lot of you need to understand that the world doesn't revolve around you. None of you get special rights because Storm is your favorite character.

But, it's like I told you in my Ask thread. I wasn't aware of any trolling. I didn't read through the thread to check because no one's post was flagged, and I was in there for other reasons. So, any trolling within that thread wasn't brought to my attention. If you witnessed any trolling in that thread, it would have been better to use the flagging system. That way, we would have gotten to it earlier. If you don't help us, we can't help you.

Uh'huh.

I'll give you that.

I guess i better leave it there, then.

#40 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Why is it that I can only flag a certain number of posts per day?

#41 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: It's not per day, it's based off of how many karma points that you have. It's so the system can't be abused. Say there was a user you really didnt' like. If you were able to flag all you wanted, you could flag them enough times to prevent them from posting and that would be an abuse of the system.

#42 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@NerdsFTW: It's not per day, it's based off of how many karma points that you have. It's so the system can't be abused. Say there was a user you really didnt' like. If you were able to flag all you wanted, you could flag them enough times to prevent them from posting and that would be an abuse of the system.

So my karma points are bad?

Where do I go to see them?

#43 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: Yes, karma points are bad.

Users aren't able to see how many they have. If you ever need to know, just ask a mod.

#44 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: How many karma points do I have and how do I get rid of them?

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: You currently have three and I can clear them for you.

#46 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Will you do that for me please?

#47 Posted by Mercy_ (92697 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW: Done.

#48 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Thanks, Mercy.

Is your avatar Batgirl from TDKR?

#49 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the difference between curbstomp and mismatch?

#50 Posted by darktiger (4556 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i will remember to tell a mod