Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Goku1fan

RR

vs

Tony

WHO IS SMARTER? THAT IS THE QUESTION. :)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Killemall

How is this even a debate when marvel has come outright to say Reed Richards is the smartest in Marvel Earth. He has better feats than Tony to back of this claim.

Reed no doubt!

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lance Bastro

define smart?

reed is a better scientist.

tony is a better engineer.

reed is smarter in long term strategies

tony is smarter in fast pace tactics.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lance Bastro

reed is smarter in physics

tony is smarter in economics

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBatman586

I'm pretty sure Tony got an intelligence upgrade a short while back, and I also recall hearing that he beat Reed in chess, so I say Stark wins this.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lance Bastro

@TheBatman586 said:

I'm pretty sure Tony got an intelligence upgrade a short while back, and I also recall hearing that he beat Reed in chess, so I say Stark wins this.

chess is a tactical game, where reed is not really that good in. reed is definitely smarter than tony in science and invention. has tony ever build anything that can travel through time and quantum space? can tony build anything that can stop galactus?

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheBatman586
@Lance Bastro said:

@TheBatman586 said:

chess is a tactical game, where reed is not really that good in. reed is definitely smarter than tony in science and invention. has tony ever build anything that can travel through time and quantum space? can tony build anything that can stop galactus?

You would be better off asking Morpheus_ , but I'm pretty sure Tony has built a time machine before. He has also proven capable of escaping Mephisto's realm using improvised tech (Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #2).
Also, as far as I'm aware, Reed has never actually built anything that can stop Galactus.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BringnIt

@lance Bastro why do you say Reed is better at long-term strategies?

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hyper_God

@TheBatman586 said:

@Lance Bastro said:

@TheBatman586 said:

You would be better off asking Morpheus_ , but I'm pretty sure Tony has built a time machine before. He has also proven capable of escaping Mephisto's realm using improvised tech (Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #2). Also, as far as I'm aware, Reed has never actually built anything that can stop Galactus.

Actually Sol's Anvil counts here , since it was a weapon constructed by the the council of Reeds(they may have been alternate Reeds , but Reeds nonetheless) . Also , Reed has been able to build universal entropy guns , which are capable of killing Celestials from the Earth-4280 universe . I am fully confident that such tech is capable of at least taking down Galactus , even if it can't kill him or be a permanent solution to his menace. Also , there's the anti-Galactus robot .

In addition , in the MC2 universe , Reed constructed a cannon , which was capable of redirecting a combined blast from an assemblage of abstracts(including LT) , which ended up destroying their M-bodies .

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Saren

Reed all day.

@TheBatman586 said:

Also, as far as I'm aware, Reed has never actually built anything that can stop Galactus.

Well........

No Caption Provided

He's also currently in possession of both the Reality Gem and the Ultimate Nullifier, both of which can take out Galan.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By cyberninja

Technically Reed.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

Reed all day.

@TheBatman586 said:

Well........

No Caption Provided

He's also currently in possession of both the Reality Gem and the Ultimate Nullifier, both of which can take out Galan.

Which issue is the scan from? Because the only device he has actually used (Galactus buster) had issues with an advanced robot. 

Neither the UN nor the gem are items Reed created, though.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Killemall said:

How is this even a debate when marvel has come outright to say Reed Richards is the smartest in Marvel Earth. 

Marvel has outright said the same thing for Tony Stark, erroneous as it might be.
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheBatman586
@Hyper_God said:

@TheBatman586 said:

@Lance Bastro said:

@TheBatman586 said:

You would be better off asking Morpheus_ , but I'm pretty sure Tony has built a time machine before. He has also proven capable of escaping Mephisto's realm using improvised tech (Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #2). Also, as far as I'm aware, Reed has never actually built anything that can stop Galactus.

Actually Sol's Anvil counts here , since it was a weapon constructed by the the council of Reeds(they may have been alternate Reeds , but Reeds nonetheless) . Also , Reed has been able to build universal entropy guns , which are capable of killing Celestials from the Earth-4280 universe . I am fully confidant that such tech is capable of at least taking down Galactus , even if it can't kill him or be a permanent solution to his menace. Also , there's the anti-Galactus robot .

In addition , in the MC2 universe , Reed constructed a cannon , which was capable of redirecting a combined blast from an assemblage of abstracts(including LT) , which ended up destroying their M-bodies .

Alternate versions of Reed don't count here, since I'm pretty sure we're dealing with Earth-616 Reed vs Earth-616 Iron Man.
The anti-Galactus robot, IIRC, never actually wound up going against Galactus, and had problems fighting another robot.
I would like to see scans of these entropy guns though, just to get a bit of context with them.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@Morpheus_: Wolverine v3 #30.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hyper_God

@TheBatman586 said:

@Hyper_God said:

@TheBatman586 said:

@Lance Bastro said:

@TheBatman586 said:

Actually Sol's Anvil counts here , since it was a weapon constructed by the the council of Reeds(they may have been alternate Reeds , but Reeds nonetheless) . Also , Reed has been able to build universal entropy guns , which are capable of killing Celestials from the Earth-4280 universe . I am fully confidant that such tech is capable of at least taking down Galactus , even if it can't kill him or be a permanent solution to his menace. Also , there's the anti-Galactus robot .

Alternate versions of Reed don't count here, since I'm pretty sure we're dealing with Earth-616 Reed vs Earth-616 Iron Man. The anti-Galactus robot, IIRC, never actually wound up going against Galactus, and had problems fighting another robot. I would like to see scans of these entropy guns though, just to get a bit of context with them.

IIRC , Reed was a member of the CoR , when they designed the Anvil . Its very first victim was an alternate version of the Beyonder .

As far as the entropy gun incident with Celestials goes : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/ff572016017.jpg/

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CitizenBane: Oh, I remember now. Odd that Millar wrote both stories (the Galactus-buster afterwards, too) but made no connection to them.
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hyper_God

@Morpheus_ said:

@CitizenBane: Oh, I remember now. Odd that Millar wrote both stories (the Galactus-buster afterwards, too) but made no connection to them.

IIRC , then it was mentioned in that same arc that "Null" was one of 8000 of Reed's ideas that were potentially a threat on a solar-system level .

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hyper_God

@CitizenBane said:

Reed all day.

@TheBatman586 said:

Well........

No Caption Provided

Actually that's mere hyperbole , no different than the anti-Galactus robot . Also , the Reality Gem and the Ultimate Nullifier aren't Reeds inventions . Plus isn't the 616 UN with Galactus now ?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By dernman

Reed for the win. He was smart enough to marry Sue Richards.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@Hyper_God: I don't doubt that the part about eating gods is hyperbole, I just posted that to show that he has thought about anti-Galactus strategies. The 616 UN is with Reed at the moment to the best of my knowledge, in Fantastic Four #600 he threatened Annihilus with it, claiming he would wipe out the entire Negative Zone if Johnny's body was not returned to the Four.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@Dernman said:

I think Tony and Sue got married (or were dating, at least) in the alternate future Loki engineered during Avengers/Fantastic Four: Domination Factor.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirMethos

Currently, with the augmentation he has gained from the Bleeding Edge armor, Tony is more intelligent. IIRC it has been directly stated in the comics.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@SirMethos said:

Currently, with the augmentation he has gained from the Bleeding Edge armor, Tony is more intelligent. IIRC it has been directly stated in the comics.

It has, but problem is that Fraction hasn't really done much to cement that, despite being the one that initiated it.
Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hyper_God

@CitizenBane said:

@Hyper_God: I don't doubt that the part about eating gods is hyperbole, I just posted that to show that he has thought about anti-Galactus strategies. The 616 UN is with Reed at the moment to the best of my knowledge, in Fantastic Four #600 he threatened Annihilus with it, claiming he would wipe out the entire Negative Zone if Johnny's body was not returned to the Four.

Well , the anti-Galactus robot is proof enough for that . And I don't really know the current status of 616 UN , so maybe you're right . Although I should ask , which UN did Valeria give to the last alternate Reed who stayed behind with Doom ? Was it the 616 UN or an alternate version ?

Also , TheBatman586's original claim was that Reed had never built anything that could actually stop Galactus(in response to Lance Bastro's claim that he had) . That's why the Reality Gem and the UN don't count here . Although if he can come up with Celestial-killing tech , then I am sure building a device to take out Galactus isn't beyond his ability . Although he would need extremely advanced technological resources on short notice , which were available at the Council's headquarters .

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By dernman
@CitizenBane said:

@Dernman said:

I think Tony and Sue got married (or were dating, at least) in the alternate future Loki engineered during Avengers/Fantastic Four: Domination Factor.

Alternate Future,  Alternate Choice. Whether it's collages, or love interests if you can't have your best choice you settle for your alternate. :p
Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Alexander505

Reed is the best scientist of Marvel, but Tony is the best strategist. In a fight, IMHO, Tony would win.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Saren

@Hyper_God: This was the incident in question:

No Caption Provided

In FF #13, there was a flashback to a conversation in the past that suggested the UN used by the alternate Reed was the UN from that Reed's universe. 616 Reed should still have the 616 UN.

Valeria was probably not even born when the Council was first formed at this meeting.
Valeria was probably not even born when the Council was first formed at this meeting.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Off topic, but Annihilus' reaction to Reed's threat was beyond badass.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Saren

@Morpheus_ said:

Off topic, but Annihilus' reaction to Reed's threat was beyond badass.

Indeed. But it's a bit of a departure from his roots. In early FF stories he was described as having "an overwhelming desire for immortality", hell the reason he wore the CCR around his neck was because it made him immortal. He got panicky when it was taken away from him since its loss meant death.

Also, his presence in Hickman's story from Fantastic Four #600 to FF #17 suggests that Hickman thinks that he's just an oversized cockroach without the Rod. Not really true, in previous stories he was still strong enough to slap around the Thing without the CCR. So his fundamentals have been messed around with a bit, but apart from that the stories are so good that I really can't complain.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CitizenBane: I haven't reaally read much of his early material (pre Annihilation) but he is a character I'm really interested in. I've seen him perform well without the CCR too, though, and I agree turning him into Johnny's pet might had been a bit much. Even though I think that was just Hickman capitalizing on Johnny's return and how cool he is.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By Jorgevy

If the definition of intelligence is something that is complicated to achieve for psychologists among others who study it for their entire careers, how is this an easy question, or even an answerable one? Id go with a different approach like, @Lance Bastro said:

define smart?

reed is a better scientist.

tony is a better engineer.

reed is smarter in long term strategies

tony is smarter in fast pace tactics.

one thing is certain, there are various types of intelligence. they both excede in most, but each one as it's "forte". So, unless the OP specifies on which intelligence "type" he is asking, I dont think anyone can clearly answer this question

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hyper_God

@CitizenBane said:

No Caption Provided

In FF #13, there was a flashback to a conversation in the past that suggested the UN used by the alternate Reed was the UN from that Reed's universe. 616 Reed should still have the 616 UN.

I agree that the 616 UN is probably safe right now in Reed's hands . However , the other scan doesn't indicate that the Nullifier that Valeria gave to her alternate father was the same as the one in the flashback . Because the flashback focused more on the "focus" aspect of how to use the UN , rather than which version was shown . However , I don't question the fact that the UN Val gave to alternate Reed in all likelihood wasn't 616.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Killemall

@Morpheus_ said:

@Killemall said:

How is this even a debate when marvel has come outright to say Reed Richards is the smartest in Marvel Earth.

Marvel has outright said the same thing for Tony Stark, erroneous as it might be.

I should have better worded myself, what i meant was Marvel has outright said Reed Richards is smarter than Tony Stark they even had the whole ranking where Tony was 5th, after Bruce Banner surprisingly.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Killemall said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@Killemall said:

I should have better worded myself, what i meant was Marvel has outright said Reed Richards is smarter than Tony Stark they even had the whole ranking where Tony was 5th, after Bruce Banner surprisingly.

There was a list of eight, but no exact ranking that I know of. And the Leader was supposed to be leading the chart. Somehow.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By TDK_1997

Reed way smarter than Tony.

indy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By indy84

bump

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By slimj87d

@Morpheus_ said:

@Killemall said:

But hasn't Tony himself called Reed the smartest? I think it's a toss up in different kind of situations, I don't believe in the Marvel's rankings for the smartest people on Earth top 8 or 7.

Noh Varr is clearly up there as well. If anything I think Noh-Varr could be smarter than all of them due to being from another advanced alien race.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Killemall

@SlimJ87D said:

But hasn't Tony himself called Reed the smartest? I think it's a toss up in different kind of situations, I don't believe in the Marvel's rankings for the smartest people on Earth top 8 or 7.

He has done so numerous times.

Noh Varr is clearly up there as well. If anything I think Noh-Varr could be smarter than all of them due to being from another advanced alien race.

The rating was for Marvel Earth, Noh-Varr isnt still a part of Marvel earth because he's an alien. The same reason why someone like high evolutionary etc were not mentioned.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimj87d

@Killemall said:

@SlimJ87D said:

He has done so numerous times.

The rating was for Marvel Earth, Noh-Varr isnt still a part of Marvel earth because he's an alien. The same reason why someone like high evolutionary etc were not mentioned.

I was thinking that alien thing too but every scan they say "on earth" not "from earth." This is multiple times I have seen this.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By FourthDeity

Reed easily.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Killemall said:

How is this even a debate when marvel has come outright to say Reed Richards is the smartest in Marvel Earth. He has better feats than Tony to back of this claim.

Reed no doubt!

Goku1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Goku1fan

Well Tony has been around the world but so has Reed. They both are superhero's, so hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By Mega_spidey01

reed richards.

Goku1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Goku1fan

Is this a good thread?

Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By Lion_Heart22

Reed Richards is the smartest man in the Marvel Universe.

Has Galactus said to Tony that his intelligence is relevant at universe levels?

Didn't think so.

(Yes, Reed chats it up with Galactus from time to time because he's that awesome. Galactus brings the beers of course).

Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Lion_Heart22

@Goku1fan: I'd say it's spite.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hyper_God

@Hyper_God said:

@CitizenBane said:

No Caption Provided

I agree that the 616 UN is probably safe right now in Reed's hands . However , the other scan doesn't indicate that the Nullifier that Valeria gave to her alternate father was the same as the one in the flashback . Because the flashback focused more on the "focus" aspect of how to use the UN , rather than which version was shown . However , I don't question the fact that the UN Val gave to alternate Reed in all likelihood wasn't 616.

I am beginning to doubt whether the UN Val gave to the alternate Reed wasn't the 616 version . She has a tendency to mess around with her dad's stuff . Not to mention that the Reed-Annihilus incident happened chronologically before FF#13 .