There is no could..it is.

#6 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Cyrus says:
"Sparda says:
"Nuts to it, Bruce Banner FTW!"
It could be reed. "
There is no could..it is."
Ya you are right. Bruce has always went to Reed when he needs an experiment done. Either he is too busy or he just doesnt know how
#7 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

reed is more mentally stable than bruce but thats not his fault

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224150 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed Richards

#9 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

NEW VENOM says:

"reed is more mentally stable than bruce but thats not his fault"
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyrus says:

"NEW VENOM says:
"

Even if he wasn't he's still smarter than Banner.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructable Tanks says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Cyrus says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"
Even if he wasn't he's still smarter than Banner."
you wouldnt know"

Smart is Smart it has nothing to do wth stability.Stability only reflects on what you can to do with your intellegence.

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

jqntaylor says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Indestructable Tanks says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Cyrus says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"
you wouldnt know"
Smart is Smart it has nothing to do wth stability.Stability only reflects on what you can to do with your intellegence."
Maybe because of dealing with the Hulk Bruce has not been very stable and able to concentrate. How do you know reed is smarter than bruce "

The question is...how don't you know Reed is smarter than Bruce.Banner isn't even smarter than Magneto or Hank Pym.He's not even in Reed's league.He's on like Spider-man's level.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

jqntaylor says:

"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Cyrus says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"
you wouldnt know"
Smart is Smart it has nothing to do wth stability.Stability only reflects on what you can to do with your intellegence."
Maybe because of dealing with the Hulk Bruce has not been very stable and able to concentrate. How do you know reed is smarter than bruce "
The question is...how don't you know Reed is smarter than Bruce.Banner isn't even smarter than Magneto or Hank Pym.He's not even in Reed's league.He's on like Spider-man's level."
Ok youcan have bruce but no one is smarter than Hank "

Hank Pym? You have to be kidding me.Pym isn't as smart as Doom..Reed Richards outsmarted him several times.

#14 Posted by Shawn The Devil (5754 posts) - - Show Bio

I would to say Bruce Banner and professor Hulk because even the great doc samson said he posses the greatest mind, be smarting than even galactus

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Shawn The Devil says:

"I would to say Bruce Banner and professor Hulk because even the great doc samson said he posses the greatest mind, be smarting than even galactus"

Doc Samson doesnt know sh!t.And outsmarting Galactus doesn't make you smart.It has been done by less intellegent characters.

jqntaylor says:

"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Cyrus says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"
you wouldnt know"
The question is...how don't you know Reed is smarter than Bruce.Banner isn't even smarter than Magneto or Hank Pym.He's not even in Reed's league.He's on like Spider-man's level."
Hank Pym? You have to be kidding me.Pym isn't as smart as Doom..Reed Richards outsmarted him several times. "
oopsd my bad I meant to say amadeus "

Amedeaus Cho has been stated as the 7th Smartest Person in the Marvel Universe.

#16 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Shawn The Devil says:
"I would to say Bruce Banner and professor Hulk because even the great doc samson said he posses the greatest mind, be smarting than even galactus"

Doc Samson doesnt know sh!t.And outsmarting Galactus doesn't make you smart.It has been done by less intellegent characters.

"

Hmm, considering how Doc Samson was the one who practically created Professor Hulk, dang, I would say that makes it that he is somewhat knowledgable about Bruce's intelligence.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Shawn The Devil says:
Doc Samson doesnt know sh!t.And outsmarting Galactus doesn't make you smart.It has been done by less intellegent characters. "
Hmm, considering how Doc Samson was the one who practically created Professor Hulk, dang, I would say that makes it that he is somewhat knowledgable about Bruce's intelligence."

That could also make his opinion biased.

#18 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Shawn The Devil says:
Doc Samson doesnt know sh!t.And outsmarting Galactus doesn't make you smart.It has been done by less intellegent characters. jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Cyrus says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"
you wouldnt know"
Hank Pym? You have to be kidding me.Pym isn't as smart as Doom..Reed Richards outsmarted him several times. "
Amedeaus Cho has been stated as the 7th Smartest Person in the Marvel Universe. "
stated. anyone can states something. I can go on national tv and say that Alien are in our blood and it isnt true but I still stated it
#19 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Shawn The Devil says:
Doc Samson doesnt know sh!t.And outsmarting Galactus doesn't make you smart.It has been done by less intellegent characters. "
Hmm, considering how Doc Samson was the one who practically created Professor Hulk, dang, I would say that makes it that he is somewhat knowledgable about Bruce's intelligence."

That could also make his opinion biased."

How? Cause it was just his life dream to make a merger of a bunch of different personalities of a man who has MPD and also turns into a 8 foot tall green man when he gets mad?

Yeah, he's a biased one all right.

#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyrus says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Shawn The Devil says:
Doc Samson doesnt know sh!t.And outsmarting Galactus doesn't make you smart.It has been done by less intellegent characters. jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Cyrus says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"
you wouldnt know"
Amedeaus Cho has been stated as the 7th Smartest Person in the Marvel Universe. "
stated. anyone can states something. I can go on national tv and say that Alien are in our blood and it isnt true but I still stated it "

It was stated by Marvel's own discription.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Shawn The Devil says:
How? Cause it was just his *life dream* to make a merger of a bunch of different personalities of a man who has MPD and also turns into a 8 foot tall green man when he gets mad? Yeah, he's a biased one all right."

Because you created something that is smarter than you.Who are you to say that it is smarter than Reed Richards?Reed devotes his life to science.

#22 Posted by Cyrus (683 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Cyrus says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Shawn The Devil says:
"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"jqntaylor says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Cyrus says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"
you wouldnt know"
stated. anyone can states something. I can go on national tv and say that Alien are in our blood and it isnt true but I still stated it "
It was stated by Marvel's own discription."
When did you last here this "Statement" you ever heard the saying "Change gone come"
#23 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Shawn The Devil says:
How? Cause it was just his *life dream* to make a merger of a bunch of different personalities of a man who has MPD and also turns into a 8 foot tall green man when he gets mad? Yeah, he's a biased one all right."

Because you created something that is smarter than you.Who are you to say that it is smarter than Reed Richards?Reed devotes his life to science."

That barely makes sense.

Okay, so you're saying that since Samson merged together a bunch of personalities of the Hulk, and then said that it was possibly smarter than Galactus, he could be biased because he created that one personality?

I still fail to see the logic there. Why would he be biased? Wouldn't he want to be as accurate as possible to make sure that his creation wasn't terribly flawed somehow?

Why would he lie? Where is the logic?

And your second sentence I don't understand. Who am I to say that Professor Hulk/Banner is smarter than Reed? Who are you to say Reed is smarter? Bruce also devoted his life to science-you know, Gamma Rays and all that. The reason why Reed is more into science would be because he doesn't run the risk of turning into a mindless super-powered monster every time he gets frustrated. If Banner was never dosed with those Gamma Rays, you don't think he'd be doing more scientific work?

You're taking one man's circumstances of life over the others and using it as a basis for intelligence.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
"Shawn The Devil says:
Because you created something that is smarter than you.Who are you to say that it is smarter than Reed Richards?Reed devotes his life to science."
That barely makes sense. Okay, so you're saying that since Samson merged together a bunch of personalities of the Hulk, and then said that it was possibly smarter than Galactus, he *could* be biased because he created that one personality? I still fail to see the logic there. Why would he be biased? Wouldn't he want to be as accurate as possible to make sure that his creation wasn't terribly flawed somehow? Why would he lie? Where is the logic? And your second sentence I don't understand. Who am I to say that Professor Hulk/Banner is smarter than Reed? Who are you to say Reed is smarter? Bruce also devoted his life to science-you know, Gamma Rays and all that. The reason why Reed is more into science would be because he doesn't run the risk of turning into a mindless super-powered monster every time he gets frustrated. If Banner was never dosed with those Gamma Rays, you don't think he'd be doing more scientific work? You're taking one man's circumstances of life over the others and using it as a basis for intelligence."

1.I said that being smarter than Galactus means nothing because he has been outsmarted by less intellegent beings.

2.My logic is that because Prof.Hulk is Samson's creation he could be over-exaggerating his capabilities.

3.Nobody was ever able to predict the exact cabilitiesofany version of Hulk.How can Samson just do that.

4.The Sentry says that he has the power or 1,000 exploding suns and sometimes he says 1,000,000...He never proves he has the power of either.That is a clear exampleof how people say stuff when they don't know what they're are talking about.

5.Reed was always more intellegent than Banner.So if Banner could no longer learn more and travel deeper into the worldof science because he's the Hulk and Reed is still learning and creating new things.Who is smarter?

6.Banner's first major project was a colossul f#ck up.It made him the Hulk.Hank Pym's scientific mind also made him what he is but he's not a giant green monster who can't control himself.Reed is smarter than him too.That is why he is in the Illuminati and not Pym.He is the smartest non-mutant on the planet.

#25 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"1.I said that being smarter than Galactus means nothing because he has been outsmarted by less intellegent beings.2.My logic is that because Prof.Hulk is Samson's creation he could be over-exaggerating his capabilities.3.Nobody was ever able to predict the exact cabilitiesofany version of Hulk.How can Samson just do that.4.The Sentry says that he has the power or 1,000 exploding suns and sometimes he says 1,000,000...He never proves he has the power of either.That is a clear exampleof how people say stuff when they don't know what they're are talking about.5.Reed was always more intellegent than Banner.So if Banner could no longer learn more and travel deeper into the worldof science because he's the Hulk and Reed is still learning and creating new things.Who is smarter?6.Banner's first major project was a colossul f#ck up.It made him the Hulk.Hank Pym's scientific mind also made him what he is but he's not a giant green monster who can't control himself.Reed is smarter than him too.That is why he is in the Illuminati and not Pym.He is the smartest non-mutant on the planet."

1) I know, I don't care.

2) Keyword in that could. Somehow, I don't think the writers were making him exaggerate.

3) Who said he was? I was saying that he should know the limits of Bruce's intelligence since he was putting together fractions of his mind. Of course he's going to know how smart Bruce is. He would be a extremely sucky doctor if he didn't.

4) Yeah, that's the Sentry, a physchologically disturbed man with incredible powers.

5) Where are you getting this info? When you present to me hardcore comic facts that Reed is smarter than Banner before or after the accident then I might listen to this one.

6) It was a colossus screw up because someone happened to sabotage it. Hey, you know what else was a screw up? Flying right into that freaking cosmic storm. Do you think it was intentional that Bruce set off the Gamma Bomb or something? You're making it seem like Bruce had a choice to be bathed in Gamma Radiation. Like it was his choice to be a giant green monster after the accident.

Reed got lucky-that's why he's the smartest, because as it is now, he was lucky that he has a better life that Bruce because he has better equipment, more opportunities to use his intelligence, and he requires it more often.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
" 1.I said that being smarter than Galactus means nothing because he has been outsmarted by less intellegent beings. 2.My logic is that because Prof.Hulk is Samson's creation he could be over-exaggerating his capabilities. 3.Nobody was ever able to predict the exact cabilitiesofany version of Hulk.How can Samson just do that. 4.The Sentry says that he has the power or 1,000 exploding suns and sometimes he says 1,000,000...He never proves he has the power of either.That is a clear exampleof how people say stuff when they don't know what they're are talking about. 5.Reed was always more intellegent than Banner.So if Banner could no longer learn more and travel deeper into the worldof science because he's the Hulk and Reed is still learning and creating new things.Who is smarter? 6.Banner's first major project was a colossul f#ck up.It made him the Hulk.Hank Pym's scientific mind also made him what he is but he's not a giant green monster who can't control himself.Reed is smarter than him too.That is why he is in the Illuminati and not Pym.He is the smartest non-mutant on the planet."
1) I know, I don't care. 2) Keyword in that *could.* Somehow, I don't think the writers were making him exaggerate. 3) Who said he was? I was saying that he should know the limits of Bruce's intelligence since he was putting together fractions of his mind. Of course he's going to know how smart Bruce is. He would be a extremely sucky doctor if he didn't. 4) Yeah, that's the Sentry, a physchologically disturbed man with incredible powers. 5) Where are you getting this info? When you present to me hardcore comic facts that Reed is smarter than Banner before or after the accident then I might listen to this one. 6) It was a colossus screw up because someone happened to sabotage it. Hey, you know what else was a screw up? Flying right into that freaking cosmic storm. Do you think it was intentional that Bruce set off the Gamma Bomb or something? You're making it seem like Bruce had a choice to be bathed in Gamma Radiation. Like it was his choice to be a giant green monster after the accident. Reed got lucky-that's why he's the smartest, because as it is now, he was lucky that he has a better life that Bruce because he has better equipment, more opportunities to use his intelligence, and he requires it more often."

So..from you posts I'm getting that you think that Doc Samson is right in thinking Prof.Hulk is that smart,Reed wasn't smarter than Hulk before he became the Hulk and Reed becoming Mr.Fantastic flying into a cosmic storm turned out to be a lucky break for him and his family.

MARVEL.COM

Reed Richards Abilities

Reed Richards is perhaps the greatest living genius of his time, proficient in almost all fields of science and technology, a visionary theoretician and inspired machine smith who has made breakthroughs in such varied fields as space travel, time travel, extra-dimensional travel, biochemistry, robotics, computers, synthetic polymers, communications, mutations, transportation, holography, energy generation, spectral analysis and more. He is also a natural leader and a gifted tactician and strategist.

Reed Richards Education

Multiple scientific doctorates in fields such as engineering, math and physics from California State Institute of Technology, Columbia University, Harvard and State University, and others

Banner's Ablities

Dr. Bruce Banner is a genius in nuclear physics, possessing a mind so brilliant that it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test. When Banner is the Hulk, Banner's consciousness is buried within the Hulk's, and can influence the Hulk's behavior only to a very limited extent.

Bruce Banner's Education

Banner has a PhD in Nuclear Physics. The various Hulk personas have demonstrated different intelligence levels, from brutish to average to the same level of intelligence as Banner.

WIKIPEDIA

Merged Hulk/The Professor - The merged identity of the Rampaging and Grey Hulks, this Hulk had the green skin and strength of the Hulk, but retained the mind and personality of Banner.[1] This hulk stands at a height of 7 feet 6 inches (228-229 cm) and weighs 1150 lb (521-522 kg). This Hulk's base strength level is greater than the Savage Hulk's, but increases at a slower rate.

Reed Richards-Abilities-Superhuman intellect

Bruce BannerAbilities-Genius level intellect in certain incarnations

What does this prove?

-Reed Richards is smarter than Bruce Banner.

-Reed is smarter then all incarnations of Hulk.Any incarnation of Hulk never surpassed being smarter than Bruce Banner himself.Therefore not smarter than Reed Richards.

-Doc Samson couldn't measure Prof.Hulk's intellect because he doesn't even know how smart Banner is he just knows Banner is smarter than him.

#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Your turn Sparda...

#28 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"So..from you posts I'm getting that you think that Doc Samson is right in thinking Prof.Hulk is that smart,Reed wasn't smarter than Hulk before he became the Hulk and Reed becoming Mr.Fantastic flying into a cosmic storm turned out to be a lucky break for him and his family.***MARVEL.COM*****Reed Richards Abilities**Reed Richards is perhaps the greatest living genius of his time, proficient in almost all fields of science and technology, a visionary theoretician and inspired machine smith who has made breakthroughs in such varied fields as space travel, time travel, extra-dimensional travel, biochemistry, robotics, computers, synthetic polymers, communications, mutations, transportation, holography, energy generation, spectral analysis and more. He is also a natural leader and a gifted tactician and strategist.**Reed Richards Education**Multiple scientific doctorates in fields such as engineering, math and physics from California State Institute of Technology, Columbia University, Harvard and State University, and others**Banner's Ablities**Dr. Bruce Banner is a genius in nuclear physics, possessing a mind so brilliant that it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test. When Banner is the Hulk, Banner's consciousness is buried within the Hulk's, and can influence the Hulk's behavior only to a very limited extent.**Bruce Banner's Education**Banner has a PhD in Nuclear Physics. The various Hulk personas have demonstrated different intelligence levels, from brutish to average to the same level of intelligence as Banner.***WIKIPEDIA***Merged Hulk/The Professor - The merged identity of the Rampaging and Grey Hulks, this Hulk had the green skin and strength of the Hulk, but retained the mind and personality of Banner.[1] This hulk stands at a height of 7 feet 6 inches (228-229 cm) and weighs 1150 lb (521-522 kg). This Hulk's base strength level is greater than the Savage Hulk's, but increases at a slower rate.**Reed Richards**-Abilities-Superhuman intellect**Bruce Banner**Abilities-Genius level intellect in certain incarnationsWhat does this prove?-Reed Richards is smarter than Bruce Banner.-Reed is smarter then all incarnations of Hulk.Any incarnation of Hulk never surpassed being smarter than Bruce Banner himself.Therefore not smarter than Reed Richards.-Doc Samson couldn't measure Prof.Hulk's intellect because he doesn't even know how smart Banner is he just knows Banner is smarter than him."

You actually just posting stats from Wikipedia? First off, it's wikipedia. Duh.

Secondly, basing off of Marvel.com's stats (which again, are pretty much the same as wiki because almost anyone can edit it), the two are equal. I see "perhaps the greatest living genius" and "intelligence beyond any test".

Sounds pretty equal to me.

Also, since this debate has degenerated to the level of posting things from Wiki, I will stop. I don't see Reed being smarter, however I'm sure that there is a argument that could prove it. Or either way. Nothing in this thread has convinced me so, however. Reed has made breakthroughs in so many areas because he has the time and equipment to do so-he can do it at a leisurely pace without having to worry about getting angry or being hunted.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post as it still doesn't make sense.
Post Edited:2008-03-02 13:35:52

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
" So..from you posts I'm getting that you think that Doc Samson is right in thinking Prof.Hulk is that smart,Reed wasn't smarter than Hulk before he became the Hulk and Reed becoming Mr.Fantastic flying into a cosmic storm turned out to be a lucky break for him and his family. ***MARVEL.COM*** **Reed Richards Abilities** Reed Richards is perhaps the greatest living genius of his time, proficient in almost all fields of science and technology, a visionary theoretician and inspired machine smith who has made breakthroughs in such varied fields as space travel, time travel, extra-dimensional travel, biochemistry, robotics, computers, synthetic polymers, communications, mutations, transportation, holography, energy generation, spectral analysis and more. He is also a natural leader and a gifted tactician and strategist. **Reed Richards Education** Multiple scientific doctorates in fields such as engineering, math and physics from California State Institute of Technology, Columbia University, Harvard and State University, and others **Banner's Ablities** Dr. Bruce Banner is a genius in nuclear physics, possessing a mind so brilliant that it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test. When Banner is the Hulk, Banner's consciousness is buried within the Hulk's, and can influence the Hulk's behavior only to a very limited extent. **Bruce Banner's Education** Banner has a PhD in Nuclear Physics. The various Hulk personas have demonstrated different intelligence levels, from brutish to average to the same level of intelligence as Banner. ***WIKIPEDIA*** Merged Hulk/The Professor - The merged identity of the Rampaging and Grey Hulks, this Hulk had the green skin and strength of the Hulk, but retained the mind and personality of Banner.[1] This hulk stands at a height of 7 feet 6 inches (228-229 cm) and weighs 1150 lb (521-522 kg). This Hulk's base strength level is greater than the Savage Hulk's, but increases at a slower rate. **Reed Richards**-Abilities-Superhuman intellect **Bruce Banner**Abilities-Genius level intellect in certain incarnations What does this prove? -Reed Richards is smarter than Bruce Banner. -Reed is smarter then all incarnations of Hulk.Any incarnation of Hulk never surpassed being smarter than Bruce Banner himself.Therefore not smarter than Reed Richards. -Doc Samson couldn't measure Prof.Hulk's intellect because he doesn't even know how smart Banner is he just knows Banner is smarter than him."
You actually just posting stats from Wikipedia? First off, it's wikipedia. Duh. Secondly, basing off of Marvel.com's stats (which again, are pretty much the same as wiki because almost anyone can edit it), the two are equal. I see "*perhaps* the greatest living genius" and "intelligence beyond any test". Sounds pretty equal to me. Also, since this debate has degenerated to the level of posting things from Wiki, I will stop. I don't see Bruce being smarter, however I'm sure that there is a argument that could prove it. Or either way. Nothing in this thread has convinced me so, however. I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post as it still doesn't make sense. "
  1. POSTED FROM 2 DIFFERENT SOURCES.1 of which is Marvel.com.I sure if I used Comivine as a source I would get the same damn results.

2.My post wasn't based on the stats on Marvel.com,they were based on the abilities and education listings.

3.If they sound equal to you,you obviously didn't read my post.

4.You haven't presented anything that proves that I'm wrong in saying this.I thought it was common knowledge that Reed was smarter than Banner.Banner hasn't even proven to be smarter than Hank Pym or Black Panther.

5.What doesn't make sense to you.It's straight forward.Reed is smarter then Hulk no matter what version of Hulk he is.Reed has always been smarter than him.Doc Samson doesn't know what he's talking about because according to Marvel.com there is no test that can be done to prove it.

#30 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderball is smarter then Bruce..

#31 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
"Thunderball is smarter then Bruce.."

True.He created the Black Bruce."

Yup.He is on Hank,Stark,level.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive says:

"Thunderball is smarter then Bruce.."

True.He created the Black Bruce.

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea so I guess I wins..huh,Sparda?

#34 Posted by Hulk 1,000,000,000 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

they are both really smart but bruce dosen't show his intelligence as much as reed

#35 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed beats Bruce in overall knowledge, but in certain areas Bruce clearly beats Reed(radiation, etc)

#36 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banner is one of the smartest humans on the planet, along with Tony Stark, Reed Richards and Amadas Cho.  He is probably not on the top 10 (anymore) but at one time was.  Could he have surpassed Reed - probably not.  Even if both had the same resources and neither of them was playing superhero or had any Hulk like issues.

The real limitations to Bruce Banner came from his childhood - abusive father, had to fight for every ounce of progress he ever made.  Reed did not have it easy, but a lot less easy than Bruce did.

Some could say Reed got lucky as his earliest projects worked out - that gave him a big break once he became a superhero.  Bruce had just as much bad luck with the Hulk.

Reed is still smarter as a base - but his environment has accentuated it a lot more than Bruce.

The best proof of their individual intellects is to compare them before they became Mr. fantastic and The Hulk.

Bruce master one scientific discipline and dabbled in many others.  The only new advance Bruce ever made was in Gamma Radiation.
Reed mastered many scientific disciplines and dabbled in everything else(including many non-scientific disciplines) - he was also responsible for the creation of many new scientific and non-scientific advances.

Reed Richards is smarter the Bruce Banner.

#37 Posted by tyciol (30 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh, well this is very interesting. When Rulk drained Bruce from Hulk, Banner spontaneously developed into one awesome magnificent bastard and basically made Intellegencia his bitch. If THIS Banner goes against Reed, I'd say he has some good chances.

#39 Posted by Kramotz (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on people.

In a nut-shell, Reed = infinite intelligence; Bruce = incalculable intelligence.

Bruce has an mental processing limit... it just hasn't been identified.

#40 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to me the only fair way to decide this is to compare their gadgets/inventions/displays of intelligence, with respect to circumstances (resources, time etc.)

#41 Edited by comic_book_fan (5615 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by comic_book_fan (5615 posts) - - Show Bio

reed easily banner has admitted that tony was smarter and tony says reed is just scary smart and has also stated that reed was just on another level than him and we all know how modest tony is lol.

#43 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5877 posts) - - Show Bio

The obvious answer is reed.

#44 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Reeds got this. One of the biggest things that makes him "Mr Fantastic" is his intelligence. He's been written that way from the beginning and nothing's really changed. He's still supposed to be the smartest human on the planet. I'm not trying to take anything away from Banner, as he's smart as hell too, but Reed's always been written as having this supreme intelligence. Banner's in the ballpark, but he's not on the field.

#45 Posted by ownagepants (4554 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: bruce banner is one of the greatest minds in the world possibly smarter then doctor doom

#46 Posted by dondave (37279 posts) - - Show Bio

Reed

#47 Edited by GhostRavage (8955 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Banner's mind couldn't be measured by any machine on earth, however, Reed has WAY and i mean WAAAY better feats than Bruce... Even by comparing Bruce Tech with Reeds you can note the difference. I think Reed could be more intelligent and smarter, but Bruce isn't that far from him anyways.

#48 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

reed is more intelligent

bruce knows radiation better though

#49 Edited by Pipxeroth (500 posts) - - Show Bio

It really depends on how you want to look at this. Yes, Reed Richards has invented better machines, and he is bloody good in the lab, but Bruce Banner really is probably at least the top 5 smartest people of Marvel.

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants said:

@vance_astro: bruce banner is one of the greatest minds in the world possibly smarter then doctor doom

I don't even think he's smarter than Pym or Stark let alone Doom. I don't think he's even close to Doom.